Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

"Mystery blaze..." :oops:

1713739486673.png

"A 22-year-old man has died
after a fire broke in a cell at
the Metropolitan Remand Centre in Ravenhall (pictured),
in Melbourne's West, on Sunday night."

Last edited:
I came here to post a link but I see I'm too late. Regardless of whether it is him or not, this means there's a crime that won't go to trial and potentially a family, or families, that won't get to see the (possible) justice they hoped for.

If it is him, I think we'll likely know within 24 hours. Once everyone who needs to be told is informed.

If it is not him, we might not hear anything else about it.

Either way, it seems that it was probably an intentional death ... because I imagine it would take some planning to die in a fire with smoke alarms screaming and prison guards close by.

imo

I’m doing the imaginary math in my head. Based on 950 inmates there may be @ 19-20 that are his same age.
So that gives a 5% chance it’s him.
But that chance goes way up when you think of how high profile this case is, and how our suspect was completely and utterly abandoned by his family/ shunned by all his loved ones (for all we know)
-we know they haven’t spoken up for him or showed up in court for him
It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t resort to drastic measures if they haven’t supported him lovingly in private/ expressed their love for him no matter what he has done.
Being shunned by someone you love is the meanest and most cruel punishment that can be inflicted on another (in terms of creating situational depression)
All IMHO

On the new Netflix series Unlocked, a reality-documentary series in a US jail, the inmates show how they make lighters in jail with AA batteries and a bit of metal, I would imagine the inmate who died in this case would've been on a more intense lockdown than to have access to batteries though?

On the new Netflix series Unlocked, a reality-documentary series in a US jail, the inmates show how they make lighters in jail with AA batteries and a bit of metal, I would imagine the inmate who died in this case would've been on a more intense lockdown than to have access to batteries though?
There are quite few ways to start a fire with all kinds of things, a lot of which are just everyday objects (like the right kind of metal and fabric). And the person who started the fire might not be the inmate who died. For all we know the inmate who died was beaten to a pulp and the fire set to cover it up, as a thought. TO BE CLEAR, THAT WAS JUST A THOUGHT, NO ONE SAID THIS HAPPENED.

(snipped) A death in custody . . . there should be an inquiry. I hope more is reported regardless of who it is.
Yes it's mandatory for an inquest ( deaths in custody )

My first thoughts as well when I read the article re the fire. We will just have to wait it out for news to break on if it is him or not. Thoughts are with the Murphy family, not only regarding this news but with every day that passes without knowing where Samantha is...

I’m doing the imaginary math in my head. Based on 950 inmates there may be @ 19-20 that are his same age.
So that gives a 5% chance it’s him.
But that chance goes way up when you think of how high profile this case is, and how our suspect was completely and utterly abandoned by his family/ shunned by all his loved ones (for all we know)
-we know they haven’t spoken up for him or showed up in court for him
It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t resort to drastic measures if they haven’t supported him lovingly in private/ expressed their love for him no matter what he has done.
Being shunned by someone you love is the meanest and most cruel punishment that can be inflicted on another (in terms of creating situational depression)
All IMHO
However we don't know if the family has abandoned him, nor do we know what the love was like in the family. For all we know, they could have been the ones who originally alerted police.

However we don't know if the family has abandoned him, nor do we know what the love was like in the family. For all we know, they could have been the ones who originally alerted police.
Agreed!
I hope for his sake that he hasn’t been abandoned no matter what.
My kids know that I would never stop loving them no matter what.
We don’t know that they didn’t turn him in- true!

The case has taken a dramatic turn. It's been over two months, and the body still hasn't been found. What do you think is the biggest obstacle to locating it?

My thoughts. If the body hasn't been moved, it might be hidden deep in one of those mines, at a depth that dogs or electronic devices can't detect. Another theory is that the last signal from Samantha's phone might be a red herring. The killer could have attacked Samantha earlier, then taken her phone and watch to a distant location to mislead the search team, only to move the body elsewhere later. JMO.

The case has taken a dramatic turn. It's been over two months, and the body still hasn't been found. What do you think is the biggest obstacle to locating it?

My thoughts. If the body hasn't been moved, it might be hidden deep in one of those mines, at a depth that dogs or electronic devices can't detect. Another theory is that the last signal from Samantha's phone might be a red herring. The killer could have attacked Samantha earlier, then taken her phone and watch to a distant location to mislead the search team, only to move the body elsewhere later. JMO.
I agree. And if he did move her body, imo, (I think he did, ) when/if a search dog were to hit an area, that may explain why they keep coming up with nothing. Hitting on the first place Sam was before she was moved. My thoughts..which change by the minute!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back