Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volume 1 Page 91, the State Investigator spoke with AB. When asked about MW he said he was a friend. When asked if he has shared any documents related to the Delphi case with him, AB said he provided to or that MW stopped by his office to get the Memo in support of Franks to him a day or 2 before it was sent out. MW never had to sneak in anywhere to get his information on the case from AB IMO.

AB did not provide a copy or text of signed NDA by MW.

3.18.24 Contempt - Google Drive

Yes - IMO this answers one of my key questions

MW appeared to be shown the Franks at Baldwin's office. My guess is he was shown the photos as well at that time. Do we know what date he supposedly stole them?

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 15.18.03.png

There is still one part I don't get. If MW lawyered up (sensibly), leaving LE to brute force his phone and refusing to testify in defence of Baldwin - why did he provide that affidavit back last year - because that's the thing that will likely convict him. Seems a very inconsistent thing to do. Did he provide that naively before he got proper advice?

To me this sticks out like a sore thumb. One I can’t believe I missed before.
I still don't get it. I thought maybe a good night's sleep would straighten me out. For the sake of argument let's stipulate that RA gave the times to DD military style. I'm still at a complete loss as to what that proves. Is there some military component to the crime that I never heard about?

I do not see military time being used in the PCA at in regards to any time except the narrative with DD. Here are the times I see
1:49pm victims arrive
2:13pm victims encounter their abductor
12:43pm photo taken by group of girls
1:26pm photo taken by group of girls
1:46pm video of car HH store
1:49pm video of car HH store
2:13pm video of car HH store
2:28pm video of car HH store
3:57pm video of car HH store
1:27 pm video of Ra car HH store
1:46pm video of car HH store
2:14pm video of car HH store
I could go on but this is exhausting to make a point that one of your assertions is incorrect.

I would expect LE to use military time but in the PCA they used the time as reported by the narrator. Witnesses and camera narrative was all in non military time.
RA’s narrative to DD did NOT.
To me this sticks out like a sore thumb. One I can’t believe I missed before.
JMO
This is accurate and compelling. There are other instances of military time but that's when it's video evidence. Hard facts.

There is still one part I don't get. If MW lawyered up (sensibly), leaving LE to brute force his phone and refusing to testify in defence of Baldwin - why did he provide that affidavit back last year - because that's the thing that will likely convict him. Seems a very inconsistent thing to do. Did he provide that naively before he got proper advice?
IMO there is more damning subject matter on his phone. Perhaps unrelated to his charges. JMO

I still don't get it. I thought maybe a good night's sleep would straighten me out. For the sake of argument let's stipulate that RA gave the times to DD military style. I'm still at a complete loss as to what that proves. Is there some military component to the crime that I never heard about?
Preciseness and accuracy it’s why it’s used in the military and LE and medical personnel.
Makes it harder to walk it back later.
I think it also lends to the fact he was trying to paint himself as a helpful ex military/LE to DD. Same team etc.
But maybe you need more sleep and coffee to make the connection. LOL
JMO

I am sure DD took more tips during the investigation. If his other Orion entries show military time maybe that was his thing. I agree very uncommon while speaking but more likely if doing some type of data entry.
I agree. If this is how he writes all his notes then it’s less compelling. I guess I would want him asked at trial whether RA used this verbiage or if DD used his own.
And I assume he will be a witness as his tip is an important part of the evidence.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Here are the times from the link I've provided.

In 2017, Richard Allen owned 2016 black Ford Focus and 2006 grey Ford 500. Upon review
of video collected from the Hoosier Harvestore on February 13", 2017, investigators were able
to locate vehicle that appears to match Allen's 2016 Ford Focus on the video at 1327hrs
actual time. This coincides with Allen saying he was at the trails around 1330hrs.

Investigators believe that after passing the Hoosier Harvestore at
l346hrs Blair parked at the trailhead entrance across from the Mears residence.

At l349hrs, on the Hoosier Harvestore video there is white car that matches Kelsie German's vehicle.
Blair finished her walk and is seen on the Hoosier Harvestore video leaving westbound at 1414hrs.

Wilson was on his way to Delphi on February 13'", 2017 on the Hoosier Heartland Highway at approximately l410hrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate that you took the time to disprove my assertions. I totally agree with you that cleaning up inaccuracies gets exhausting. I would have been OK looking at your source had you linked it.

But we have so few actual facts, don't you agree it's important to at least get those right? Or find out why we have 2 different pieces of info? I know some of the docs don't have file stamps on them so I question if those are the actual ones or not.

I've thought for quite some time that there are at least a couple of versions included in all these docs. Since we are coming up with different kinds of times, we can assume there really are different versions of some.

In 2017, Richard Allen owned 2016 black Ford Focus and 2006 grey Ford 500. Upon review
of video collected from the Hoosier Harvestore on February 13", 2017, investigators were able
to locate vehicle that appears to match Allen's 2016 Ford Focus on the video at 1327hrs
actual time. This coincides with Allen saying he was at the trails around 1330hrs.

At l349hrs, on the Hoosier Harvestore video there is white car that matches Kelsie German's vehicle.
Blair finished her walk and is seen on the Hoosier Harvestore video leaving westbound at 1414hrs.

Wilson was on his way to Delphi on February 13'", 2017 on the Hoosier Heartland Highway at approximately l410hrs.
I did quote it at the beginning of the discussion on this particular train of thought. #861. I also referenced the PCA. I will make note to link it ever time from now on.
I still think my argument has merit if that was RA’s narrative. It’s not common to use military time on everyday communication in the US.
JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I'm still tangled up in the dots in the time lapse video.

The times above play right into that.

Where was I that day? Two girls murdered, seems like the whole world -- everybody's world -- should stop. But it didn't. Except for those two dots. In some ways they're still at MHB, locked in time.

And if a dot represents each of us, I think of the dots moving around Delphi that morning. Dressing, brushing teeth, having pancakes. Others going to work, with plans for a lunch hour walk. Still another pocketing a gun, knives....

The chanceness of some of it.... yet each dot moving forward unaware of the movement of other dots or the impact they'd have on theirs.

Turn-around lady -- she turned away from BG, then watched A and L walk toward death. With no way of knowing. It would not surprise me if animals went quiet and the air dropped 10°

Had she been minutes ahead or minutes behind, how would that have impacted the day? Had she skipped her walk? Had she gone onto the bridge?

So many ways those dots could move.... so many for them to continue moving... if BG had stayed home.

He should have.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
The part that makes no sense, is why did he provide the Affidavit where he admits the crime? Is it because he got bad advice to start with?
Wild guess: Baldwin had already named Westerman to LE and Westerman had already made same statements to LE investigator covering the leaks matter? IIRC, Westerman started w/ one attorney, but ended up not liking them and changed counsel. As you suggest, perhaps he wasn't getting best advice early on. JMHO

Last edited:
I still think my argument has merit if that was RA’s narrative.
This is driving me nuts. So if it was RA's narrative it proves something. If it was just the way DD records time information, then it doesn't. I guess if you wanted to prove that RA was in the guard for 10 years that might do it, but I suspect he doesn't deny it. For the life of me I can't see how it matters.

This is driving me nuts. So if it was RA's narrative it proves something. If it was just the way DD records time information, then it doesn't. I guess if you wanted to prove that RA was in the guard for 10 years that might do it, but I suspect he doesn't deny it. For the life of me I can't see how it matters.
It just locks in his first statement putting him there the time of the crime. This was changed in his 2022 interview to 12:30-1:30.

It just locks in his first statement putting him there the time of the crime. This was changed in his 2022 interview to 12:30-1:30.
I guess?
I just don't see that it would be any different if the narrative said 1:30 - 3:30 instead of 13:30-15:30. Obviously no one thinks this happened at 1:30am, and presumably RA's lawyers would be disputing it either way.
I'm giving up on this train of thought. Carry on

Just my opinion:

Someone saying, yeah, I was there from 13:30 to 15:30 is quite specific.
My parents were LE and the whole reason for using Military time was to avoid confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal