Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly Mass Guy:

"And that was it."

Very peculiar wording.
very peculiar....she pulled a red light IMO. that was her way of ending the questions about Madeline and sunday nite.

JS slips in I didnt take her to school, (all the we's dont apply anymore) which reveals she is simply repeating what HE told her. JS never mentions to the press HER own account of monday morning with Madeline in the home. JS's pressers have monday morning for Madeline beginning in the car, but not a personal account. its discovered through LE's minimal info released she claims she saw Madeline getting ready for school at 8am.

JS LE interview(s) have not been released. we dont know thru LE, JS's whereabouts, SS whereabouts or Madeline's whereabouts after she was last seen alive at her party. now we have Shannon Butler reporting, buts its confusing to me how she worded it, there were other family members with her seemingly after the party ended...whether in the party location or in her own home?

more unanswered by LE: who did Madeline text with concerning the woods statement, which LE says occurred prior to Feb 22 her actual birthday. what if anything else was exchanged, the context. whereabouts after the party for all 3 of them. JS claims she was 'working'. onsite or from home? if working onsite, when did she leave and return to the home?

I wonder, if SS recorded the assaults for his own use or for distribution? I don't know too much about the ways you can find eermh "material to his illegal tastes" out there, but I suspect there might be different options that include sending your own video to see some others? Or have I overcomplicated it?

I also have been pondering more graphic (warning!) details of his assaults. Once again, I don't know too much about the "material to his illegal tastes" and the preferences of child abusers in general, but the high preference for oral stood out to me when we first saw the document. I was not expecting it, and now it bugs me, but I am not sure, why. It just seems off. (not like anything about SS would be normal) I was also not expecting for such detailed info about abuse of a minor to be published, tbh, and I am not sure how I feel about that.

But the main thing I cannot put my finger on, is the motive behind the killing. Why now? I personally have never too strongly believed these "Maddie told SS that she was going to tell about the abuse to someone" theories. Firstly because it is unlikely she'd tell SS about such plans, secondly because it is unlikely she'd disclose the abuse to anyone without a trigger by now, considering the length of the abuse (truth be told, we don't know, maybe there was a trigger), and finally because she might have a hard time even recognizing and wording the abuse, as it has gone on for most of the life she remembers and from before more abstract thinking develops.
But if it was not about "him getting carried away" nor about Madeline threatening to tell, then why? It is possible she was "ageing out of his preferred age group", but this is a rather poor reason for killing her. Was it going to come out in some other way? <modsnip: off limits> Or was there something symbolic about the birthday? I must say, the murder does not feel too well-planned for that, there seems to be some sort of a hurry, lack of opportunities to do it better.
thank you for your comprehensive thoughts...<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>: her autopsy has been sealed from the public because she is a minor/charges relate to an act of domestic violence. however, her parents are permitted to obtain the autopsy report. Im wondering if bio dad requested it. or JS.. **????

(b) An autopsy report of a minor whose death was related to an act of domestic violence held by a medical examiner is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution, except that a surviving parent of the deceased minor may view and copy the autopsy report **if the surviving parent did not commit the act of domestic violence which led to the minor’s death.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am aware. I'm referring to her attitude/finality in her response. It's this whole "that's the story", and flicking her hand away that I'm referring to.
Her first gesture is to show her daughter walking away, the slighter gesture that immediately follows is SS driving away. She is just doing what many of us do. I don't hear any attitude in her describing this. I have no idea if she has done anything illegal or not but I see nothing wrong with how or what she said in this interview.

As well, in the earlier interviews Jen said she didn't think the searchers would find her in the places they were looking.

Almost as if she expected Maddie would never be found.
To me, JS saying they wouldn't find her in places they were looking was because she knew where she was, and it wasn't where they were looking at the time. All MOO

It's almost like she is saying “and that was it” when she said “No way to trace her” during her interview....It may seem like a little thing to add when talking about your missing child forgetting her phone, but IMO it's an added bit of information I didn't expect to hear from a grieving mother.Going further she explains how her child is so forgetful she frequently can't remember to take her phone with her. It feels like a web being woven to convince an audience that forgetting the phone is a perfectly normal thing for this child and what a shame there is no way to locate MS.
JS even laughs a bit when she's describing Madeline being forgetful. Your child is "missing", with no way of contacting her because she "forgot" her phone, and she's laughing about her being forgetful. In another interview, she discounted that police would find any trace of her along a particular pathway, as though the search was without merit, so why even bother. These interviews were within 24 hours of her supposedly gone missing. Would a parent be so resigned within 24 hours that there was no hope of finding her anywhere close to the school? Oh, and in her heart, she feels that someone took her daughter. Within 24 hours of her going missing. That's what stands out for me. MOO.

thank you for your comprehensive thoughts...<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>: her autopsy has been sealed from the public because she is a minor/charges relate to an act of domestic violence. however, her parents are permitted to obtain the autopsy report. Im wondering if bio dad requested it. or JS.. **????

(b) An autopsy report of a minor whose death was related to an act of domestic violence held by a medical examiner is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution, except that a surviving parent of the deceased minor may view and copy the autopsy report **if the surviving parent did not commit the act of domestic violence which led to the minor’s death.

Maybe bio father has obtained a copy of the autopsy report. I haven't paid too much attention to him in the past but maybe in the future he will be able to share more as it becomes available. As it stands right now, he has shared more with the public than the ever absent JS. I also find it interesting that he requested and received MS's ashes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Misleading the media carries no penalty or charge, misleading or even flat-out intentional lies in a preliminary report are not statements given under oath before a court/tribunal or during any type of court procedure. Obstruction would be the charge but even then I don't see her saying she say the daughter at 8 AM accomplishing that as SS was known to claim to be the last person who saw the victim before she disappeared. I don't think her saying that would interest a prosecutor. We also don't know if she didn't "correct" that misinformation in her formal interview.

A former DA gave an interview early on that characterized a false police report as perjury, as that report is a signed legal document.

She'd likely be looking at charges for misleading an investigation involving a child under 16, which is a third degree felony.

If she was an accessory after the fact, she's looking at a first degree felony, and in much bigger trouble.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

JS even laughs a bit when she's describing Madeline being forgetful. Your child is "missing", with no way of contacting her because she "forgot" her phone, and she's laughing about her being forgetful. In another interview, she discounted that police would find any trace of her along a particular pathway, as though the search was without merit, so why even bother. These interviews were within 24 hours of her supposedly gone missing. Would a parent be so resigned within 24 hours that there was no hope of finding her anywhere close to the school? Oh, and in her heart, she feels that someone took her daughter. Within 24 hours of her going missing. That's what stands out for me. MOO.
Especially when there was a message Madeline apparently had written about going to live in the woods when she was thirteen.

Especially when there was a message Madeline apparently had written about going to live in the woods when she was thirteen.
Yes, there was that message that LE brought forth, however, I don't believe JS knew about that when she gave her interviews. She stated she had looked through her phone/social media and not found anything out of the ordinary. Unless she was saying that just to muddy the waters. MOO.

As well, in the earlier interviews Jen said she didn't think the searchers would find her in the places they were looking.

Almost as if she expected Maddie would never be found.
I don't recall her saying that. Can you share the link where she says this?

Yes, there was that message that LE brought forth, however, I don't believe JS knew about that when she gave her interviews. She stated she had looked through her phone/social media and not found anything out of the ordinary. Unless she was saying that just to muddy the waters. MOO.
I have a feeling JS or possibly SS went through her phone with a fine tooth comb.If that message was there and was actually written by Madeline ,it would have been found.

I have a feeling JS or possibly SS went through her phone with a fine tooth comb.If that message was there and was actually written by Madeline ,it would have been found.
They'd want to do that to make sure there was nothing incriminating in there. I wonder if her phone analysis showed any deleted items.

I don't recall her saying that. Can you share the link where she says this?

JS: Um, so as far as I know they're conducting a search around the school, behind the school there's a Shingle Creek there's a Wooded Path area that you could walk uh, it's a hiking path they are going back there with their K9 dogs, uh, they've taken a piece of her clothing to see if they can trace her scent, um, they're also taking their own vehicles, I'm not sure what type of vehicles but they're going into the woods to search for her um, but I don't feel like that's going to find anything right now. We've had people all day on that trail sending us photos to see if anything there looks familiar and, like her personal belongings, and nothing is hers, so I'm not sure, I'm not sure where to go from here I'm just contacting the news to get the word out to get some help because I'm desperate I--I'm a wreck right now

But if she had gone through Maddie's phone by then, wouldn't she have seen the message? Presumably she went through it before LE did.

But if she had gone through Maddie's phone by then, wouldn't she have seen the message? Presumably she went through it before LE did.
Exactly! I wonder if it had been deleted by JS or SS, and LE found it during their forensic search. Or perhaps MS stated in a social media post that JS had not seen. Or of course, she was flat out lying (again). MOO.

JS: Um, so as far as I know they're conducting a search around the school, behind the school there's a Shingle Creek there's a Wooded Path area that you could walk uh, it's a hiking path they are going back there with their K9 dogs, uh, they've taken a piece of her clothing to see if they can trace her scent, um, they're also taking their own vehicles, I'm not sure what type of vehicles but they're going into the woods to search for her um, but I don't feel like that's going to find anything right now. We've had people all day on that trail sending us photos to see if anything there looks familiar and, like her personal belongings, and nothing is hers, so I'm not sure, I'm not sure where to go from here I'm just contacting the news to get the word out to get some help because I'm desperate I--I'm a wreck right now

Thanks for sharing that, I do recall watching it before now that I've watched it again.
The way she describes her not thinking they'd find anything there (starting at 3:35) is quite a bit different from the comments here saying JS said they're not going to find her where they're looking.
To be fair & factual, that's not exactly what she said or even how she said it.

She literally qualified her reason for stating she didn't think they'd find anything in that location because there had already been people there all day, and they'd come up with nothing. A perfectly reasonable assumption to make IF she truly had no idea where her daughter was & something I might have said as well, if I were in the same situation.

jmo

I am not from there, and I'm wondering - how on earth did LE manage to convene a grand jury in order to charge him with murder without the press ever finding out or reporting on it?
Grand juries are confidential. The media may not have known the case had been sent to one, as it appears this was a quick process.

Not long after they decided to indict, an arrest warrant was issued. I think it was the same day, but I could be wrong.

Are most long-term child sexual abusers also domestic abusers to their partners? I've never looked up the data, but am curious.

Logically, being the "kind, trustworthy" :rolleyes: partner would seem to be the best way to have a continued relationship & therefore also continued access to the child(ren) while still not casting suspicions on oneself, but like I said, I've never looked up the data.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why now, 5 YEARS later, he decided to kill her- Purposely cutting off his access to a long-term victim.

This post was rather pointless I guess- just thinking aloud.
I would guess a fair amount of child sex abusers do turn abusive to their partners because they are overly defensive knowing that they are doing something that could get them in big trouble. The natural thing to do in their mind would be to use indignant anger and manipulation anytime they are asked any question. Example : (partner says) "What took you so long to do xyz?" (child rapist says) "Get off my f'n back, why are you always nagging me?" etc andit escalates from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81