Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

Hmmmmmmm What do we have here.

Declaring bankruptcy before high tailing it to an island in the Pacific ?

AUGUST 1970
What are the odds this is another business of his / theirs ?

Those cars sound very familiar to me :cool: along with the various building supplies - The "Robert Coppenolle" business that was found some time back reminds me of this :cool:

Note the address...

And am I interpreting this correctly?
MADAM MARIA COPPENOLLE - sailors and customs ?

Where was he mid 1970 -
He says he has lost his WW passport and applies for a new one under brothers name of Fredy David ready to set sail to the golden opportunity land for criminals - Australia
Between Feb 1970 and Nov 1970 he applies for an Australian visa and books a boat voyage on the Chusan, departing January 1971 with his Australian Visa granted November 70, for a "3 month stay".

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I wonder if the floodgates opened when MC realized AKA was in trouble (finally) and now she can say things but she still has a reputation to maintain with people around her so has to fudge the details. She might be on the periphery of crimes committed in Luxembourg. Just guessing here. Otherwise why be so evasive?…
Yes, my thoughts too.
Checkmate for them both in regards to their dubious dealings back then. IMO
We will probably never find out the truth there.

AUGUST 1970

Those cars sound very familiar to me :cool: along with the various building supplies - The "Robert Coppenolle" business that was found some time back reminds me of this :cool:

Note the address...

Where was he mid 1970 -
He says he has lost his WW passport and applies for a new one under brothers name of Fredy David ready to set sail to the golden opportunity land for criminals - Australia
Between Feb 1970 and Nov 1970 he applies for an Australian visa and books a boat voyage on the Chusan, departing January 1971 with his Australian Visa granted November 70, for a "3 month stay".
Absolutely no sailors. "Seized by customs".
Thank God you're here LOL

AUGUST 1970

Note the address...

Where was he mid 1970 -
So now we have more companies and Marias involvement, wondering were old mate Abel is. ...

It's too bad the note doesn't list explicitly which objects belong to which company. If we assume that it goes chronologically, then Maria's auctioned items are “modern couches and chairs” and maybe the typewriter, the cash register and the sewing machine, after the stuff from the hardware store (wheelbarrows etc.) and before the stuff from the sporting goods store (bathing suits etc.) Interesting find.

Why couldn’t it be somewhere in between? MB does return but is killed earlier than October. Marion starts withdrawals (and sets precedence of them) but DdH finishes them in a big hat with a flower behind her ear?
I found that Bank Managers testimony to be non-credible. As an ex bank worker, I just found it ridiculous that she would remember even a unique looking customer after all this time, for a regular transaction. I too felt she inserted herself into the story for other reasons. What reasons could that possibly be? Perhaps the reward?

It's too bad the note doesn't list explicitly which objects belong to which company. If we assume that it goes chronologically, then Maria's auctioned items are “modern couches and chairs” and maybe the typewriter, the cash register and the sewing machine, after the stuff from the hardware store (wheelbarrows etc.) and before the stuff from the sporting goods store (bathing suits etc.) Interesting find.
Yes I think so too

I found that Bank Managers testimony to be non-credible. As an ex bank worker, I just found it ridiculous that she would remember even a unique looking customer after all this time, for a regular transaction. I too felt she inserted herself into the story for other reasons. What reasons could that possibly be? Perhaps the reward?
Yes its odd she came forward, her testimony made no sense at all.

I cant see how though she would have come forward for any reward as her testimony didnt state where Marion may be today. It was more a deflection from the workings of the sloppy bank proceedures, and perhaps divert attention from any one she knew well who worked with her..... GH :cool: IMO.

Interestingly though, I have found she is very closely connected to someone else who's name has been brought up in this case :cool:

He is also known to that woman who had the same PO Box as AH has for his UFO trademark

I wont repeat her name but its in this list of AH adddresses

I was just reading over that older page link
above ^
And it reminded me of something I had found when looking through the whole Coppenolle family connections, some crazy crazy stuff within that whole family and their marriages.

In the testimony of AH, which is touched on in the above link , number #272, he states he was born to a single mother.

In my deep dive a few yrs back, into Marias extensive family, I found her Gmother had about 6 kids and every single one of their birth certificates show her as a single mother.
I compared these to other certs at the time to check if this was a common thing in Europe back then, as women continue to use their surname even if married.

Nope. Both parents names are included on birth certs.

Then I found her eventual marriage was to a man, (after all her children were born) who had been married to another woman, and upon her death he married Marias Gmother 8 weeks later :cool:

Yet a few yrs before their marriage , he is also listed on one of childs death certs :cool:

Got me thinking this family of his is well versed in bigamy. JMO

And nearly all the men on the side of Marias mother are either butchers or journalists

Last edited:
@KathPlumber - wondering if you had any luck researching the Japanese Nichigo Press paper for the police flyer with a montage of the suspect burglar?
In the meantime I have sent another request for the publication and have received a reply to that finally. Have requested the article so if Kath hasnt had any luck I will post up somehow...
Its still under copyright so have to post via 'postboxes'. If you get my meaning :cool:

In the meantime I have sent another request for the publication and have received a reply to that finally. Have requested the article so if Kath hasnt had any luck I will post up somehow...
It’s still under copyright so have to post via 'postboxes'. If you get my meaning :cool:
I’d love a read!

I was just reading over that older page link
above ^
And it reminded me of something I had found when looking through the whole Coppenolle family connections, some crazy crazy stuff within that whole family and their marriages.

In the testimony of AH, which is touched on in the above link , number #272, he states he was born to a single mother.

In my deep dive a few yrs back, into Marias extensive family, I found her Gmother had about 6 kids and every single one of their birth certificates show her as a single mother.
I compared these to other certs at the time to check if this was a common thing in Europe back then, as women continue to use their surname even if married.

Nope. Both parents names are included on birth certs.

Then I found her eventual marriage was to a man, (after all her children were born) who had been married to another woman, and upon her death he married Marias Gmother 8 weeks later :cool:

Yet a few yrs before their marriage , he is also listed on one of childs death certs :cool:

Got me thinking this family of his is well versed in bigamy. JMO

And nearly all the men on the side of Marias mother are either butchers or journalists
Has anyone else here tracked this family back?

There is a marriage between one of Marias ancestors and Victor Hugo.

Not kidding.

I recall AH cousin saying on a podcast that Marias family were upstanding citizens and the family distanced themselves from Maria once AH started his life of crime.

That may be so from the perspective of the next generation growing up hearing stories from their own parents, but in reality aside from Marias actual parents, the whole family side of her mother is just crazy.

Then theres Marias first husband getting into fisticuffs with Marias father ( a market gardener) and going to court. He then serving time for stealing a ferret.

The mothers side of the family were all seamstresses, butchers or journalists
The Mother side also connected to the Dufour coin haul from previous discussions here. AH padding out the history to make it sound grand.

No antique dealers there.
Anyone done the Coppenolle side?

I met a couple today, tourists in London UK, said they were from Aus ~ Nymboida National Park up North. So, I thought they mean northern territories. Later the penny dropped and I checked.

I so wish I’d asked if they knew of Marion Barter. I’m asking everyone Australian I meet indiscriminately now!

Ok so yeah that probs is that UK nutter , although she wanted the reward, so saying her ex was guilty at the time.

Im more inclined to think either of the 2 Aussie women, that 1 from geelong and another one who use to really have it in for SL

It's possible we are over-thinking and it's not about RB at all, just someone who is all up in their feelings about Joni's discovery prompting the real FR being brought into it and doorstepped by the podcast. At the time, it was fairly widely felt that TLV botched that.

It's possible we are over-thinking and it's not about RB at all, just someone who is all up in their feelings about Joni's discovery prompting the real FR being brought into it and doorstepped by the podcast. At the time, it was fairly widely felt that TLV botched that.
???
Nope

This goes back yrs
We are talking about the UK headcase, who used to also be on here and has been banned from nearly every FB page relating to missing persons in the UK and who has it in for SL and team and who supports RB and has always maintained that her own ex husband killed MB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back