OH OH - William 'Bill' Comeans, 14, Columbus, 7 Jan 1980 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New online article (The Daily Dot, 1/21/14) linked from the family's Twitter account today. I don't think the following excerpt is accurate, but it goes to how confusing the accounts of the pre-death threats BC received and the post-death threats sent to his neighbors are:
"While Franklin County police initially thought the messages were a hoax, according to an article in the Free Lancet-Star, handwriting analysis later concluded that the same person who wrote messages to Comeans’ neighbors also authored the notes to Comeans."

IF INDEED the handwriting analysis does connect the two sets of notes (and I don't know that they do), that would be problematic for AJT and her family ...

Hi everyone- (amazing sleuths)
This case leaves me feeling like Bill was watched from close by.

bbm: Hi GBMG! I am bringing your post forward with the link to the article because it is a recent article and the ‘connection of the sets of notes’ stood out as very significant, if true. The 2 sets of notes (threats) are indeed very confusing but I find I am wondering if they are one and the same. -This woman (neighbor) had mental issues and was fined $50 (slap on the wrist) for creating a terror state in her neighborhood after the tragic loss of her neighbor’s child. If AJT was diagnosed with multiple-personality disorder did she have a Valium prescription?

I am throwing a wild thought out there because nothing seems particularly logical. Bill was a hostage before he died, but to what? What silenced him? -The kind of terror and control that befell him almost appears like cult-like behavior, with a sacrifice.

I was looking up the weather after reading Bob6104’s post about the rain on the night of the second attack and noticed the moon phases which furthered my wonderings about the possible timing of things…

According to Weather Underground
Sept 5 1979 - Waxing Gibbous Moon
Oct 22 1979 – New Moon
Jan 7 1980 - Waning Gibbous Moon
http://www.wunderground.com/history...eq_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA&MR=1

Never in a million years would I have thought that the use of social media could resurrect and give voice to a spirit in this way. It is so very compelling. My heart goes out to the Comeans. What you have done for your brother is beautiful, haunting, courageous, and effective.

Original post TBM
So ... this made me think of an alternative scenario to the one I think we've been imagining. On the premise that the story of the car is true, what if BC was abducted from this site and later dumped back in the shrubbery? I am reading through the MSM reports again to see if we get any more clarity on this, but I am not finding details that make it certain he spent the 5/6 hours at this actual location.
<trimmed/snipped>
Originally Posted by bob6104 View Post
He never made any mention of what attackers may have said to him in either of the first two events. After the second attack, when he was missing for hours, he finally knocked on the front door, I looked out and it was him. It was wet, and possibly rainy outside that night, but his clothes were dry. I asked him and he said he had been tossed under a large bush. Theories on that aspect?

I wonder, does this potentially validate him being held, possibly drugged, elsewhere during this time, then being dumped while still "out"? Held possibly in a vehicle or other location? Mind boggling: You would think then at that point he would still get wet if the large bush was wet. The language "tossed under a large bush" -- is that your language, Bob, or his? Because that sounds to me like it could suggest "tossed from a vehicle."

I'm going to set aside any valium/drug involvement for now, for several reasons. #1. No evidence tying it to attack 2,, and #2. Too many other things in BC's story don't jive.
I agree on that if it was wet or rainy, BC would have HAD to have showed obvious signs on his clothes of getting dirt/mud/grass soiled and wet. I can't recall where, atm, but LE even eluded to this baffling observation about both his clothes and the scene at #2 location. Bob noticed it also.

Respectfully, I can't see any possibility of the scenario where he would have been "tossed from the vehicle" and into the bushes. If there were any bushes at that time, they would have been not on the street edge/parkway, but no closer than about 8' from the street. (for utilities legal right of way)
A person is far too heavy/awkward to "toss from a vehicle", stopped or moving, and land that far away with untorn & virtually clean clothes. Picture actual step-by-step doing it and I think you will see my point.

However, I do agree with your direction whereas it is quite possible that most (if not all) of the 6 hr attack #2 event actually occurred at a completely different location (inside a home or car) be it near or far. I believe BC was not forthcoming or honest on any detail of this night.
**Note: I do not blame Bill or demean him in any way, shape, or form if he was not telling the truth. We have no idea what he was up against, or actual facts involved.

Here is Google street view showing the most likely "area" of the intersection of Beacon Hill Rd at Maple Dr (scene of attack #2). I realize "some" landscaping can change, but I don't think drastically. The family said most of the neighborhood is relatively the same as in 1980 (correct me if I'm wrong).
This view is from eastbound on Beacon Hill. To the left is Maple Dr, whereas if you took that left, then the Comeans home would be about 1 1/2 long blocks (2200' total) down Maple Dr heading north.

To Bob: As for theories on the puzzling 2nd attack scenario, to be honest, we'd have to have far more details. Surely the family must have gotten more explanation & details from Bill than just "thrown in the bushes" causing his 6 hr delay (1 AM arrival home). Did you see the severity of his rope burns & purple dots all over his face that night? What exactly he said, then and in days/weeks to follow? Please tell us every detail you can, as I resist speculation with too few details to back it. I'm kind of a "stickler" for logical accuracy, and less "guesswork".

Again, I hold great admiration & respect for you. Please be frank/honest in letting us know if we are asking for too much, for any reason. Our/My goal is to bring closure and justice for Bill and your family.

BeaconHillatMapleDr-EB_zps19f37672.jpg

[/B]

Hi everyone- (amazing sleuths)
This case leaves me feeling like Bill was watched from close by.

Hi GBMG! I am bringing your post forward with the link to the article because it is a recent article and the ‘connection of the sets of notes’ stood out as very significant, if true. The 2 sets of notes (threats) are indeed very confusing but I find I am wondering if they are one and the same. -This woman (neighbor) had mental issues and was fined $50 (slap on the wrist) for creating a terror state in her neighborhood after the tragic loss of her neighbor’s child. If AJT was diagnosed with multiple-personality disorder did she have a Valium prescription?

I am throwing a wild thought out there because nothing seems particularly logical. Bill was a hostage before he died, but to what? What silenced him? -The kind of terror and control that befell him almost appears like cult-like behavior, with a sacrifice.

I was looking up the weather after reading Bob6104’s post about the rain on the night of the second attack and noticed the moon phases which furthered my wonderings about the possible timing of things…

According to Weather Underground
Sept 5 1979 - Waxing Gibbous Moon
Oct 22 1979 – New Moon
Jan 7 1980 - Waning Gibbous Moon
http://www.wunderground.com/history...eq_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA&MR=1

Never in a million years would I have thought that the use of social media could resurrect and give voice to a spirit in this way. It is so very compelling. My heart goes out to the Comeans. What you have done for your brother is beautiful, haunting, courageous, and effective.

Hiya, Rose! Good to see you here! I didn't think you could stay away ;)

BBMs: It's funny you brought this post forward because I just reread half the thread yesterday and added a Q to to the family based on the handwriting analysis to see if we could find out any more about it. It's definitely something I'd like to be sure about. We are thinking along the same lines, I think. Scarily so, actually, because, I made the same point about the Tope family medicine chest in post 326 yesterday! Something is not right about the proximity of that household to the Cs -- or about AJT's already disturbing connection to the case. I mean, how many disturbed residents can one suburban neighborhood hold?

I think chances are probably 100% that AJT has some V, but I think probably half the neighbors do too -- doctors at the time needed very little provocation to give it out. You did not need to have the mental health issues she had to get some (and I am leery about the multiple-personality-disorder diagnosis, given how our understanding of that illness has changed over the last 30 years, as well as how shrewd she was about holding back facts that would implicate her). It troubles me that she never offered a reason for writing the notes, though I believe KatCo said earlier -- or mb it was on the Twitter feed -- that in some twisted way AJT believed she was helping to bring attention to the case.

You are right that the article is recent, but I do not believe that the finding they mention is recent. I think the analysis the article mentions was probably done pre- the investigation and arrest of AJ Tope, as the idea that the notes were penned by the same hand was widely reported in MSM prior to discovery of her involvement (it's another newspaper that the DailyDot cites as the source of the info). Thus, if she were indeed also implicated in the school notes, I'm guessing she would have been convicted of those, too.

But having said that, the paragraph was enough to make me question my understanding. That's why I put it out there again.

Lots of question out there, for sure, Rose ... glad to have your mind here to help :)

Hi, SisterWolf. I don't think it's crazy at all and suggested similar thoughts in post 160 (link). These are Qs we don't know the answers to. MSM reports stated that LE ruled AJT out on further involvement in BC's murder, but I do not know if the rest of her family was investigated, where they lived, or what kinds of cars they drove. Post 154 (link) summarizes AJT's involvement in the case.

If he only had to cross the street to get home, this might account for the fact that Bill's clothes were dry on a wet night.

AJT claimed later that two men had tried to drag her into a van at some point - a van, not a car. I wonder if this was a common idea at the time? I have the impression that the family did not believe the story of being thrown under a bush either (second attack). However, they did keep looking for the car.

Ah yes, indeed you did GBMG! Great post BTW! I agree with everything you put forward and think it's definitely a strong angle to explore. Forgive me if I somehow skipped through it quickly or missed it the first time! I may have read it and that's what got me thinking the same thing, but I most certainly agree that something is 'not quite right' there and needs further investigation. Maybe Bob or KatCo could tell us if they know anything else about the family, the sons in particular and if any of them were investigated.

I'm going to pm a mod, and see if Bill can have his own forum. So many great ideas are popping up here. You guys are awesome. :)

<modsnip>

Names TBM:

<modsnip>

No worries, Sister :) I forgot about it myself, but as I mentioned to Rose upthread, I reread all that stuff yesterday and picked up on it as one of the loose threads we haven't done a lot with. I'm glad you're talking about it.

Re the parts BBM in both your post and Methodical's, as family members of someone connected to the case, I don't think TOS allows us to refer to them by name -- maybe not even to sleuth them. Ordinarily, I think first names might be okay, but in M's post the connection to the mother's last name is too obvious IMO. I could totally be wrong. I am a HORRIBLE offender of TOS, but (can you hear me, Bessie?), I think I may be starting to learn some of the rules here. LOL. I edited the names out of my post above JIC, and M, if you want to be safe, you can still remove them from yours until we are more sure. Apologies in advance if I am wrong about this.

GBMG, yes you're probably spot on about the TOS. I think we'd have to ask a mod. Given that Bob & KatCo are family members, they may be able to answer that question if they don't mention names given that lots of people were probably POI's initially even though it wasn't stated in the media *here's hoping* I think it's very important given the circumstances. Perhaps there is a way for them to answer without breaking TOS.

He never made any mention of what attackers may have said to him in either of the first two events. After the second attack, when he was missing for hours, he finally knocked on the front door, I looked out and it was him. It was wet, and possibly rainy outside that night, but his clothes were dry. I asked him and he said he had been tossed under a large bush. Theories on that aspect?

Hi Bob, thank you for this answer. Must be though, even now.
Since your brother was a minor, did your parents have to give permission for the polygraph?
I have been thinking about this. It must have been awful on top of everything else. Something has happened to your child, things don't add up and as parents - and siblings - you cannot get to the bottom of it. Did your parents think a polygraph would help to make your brother come clear? And then when things did not turn out the way they may have hoped, how did this affect trust between your parents and you brother?

Names TBM:

No worries, Sister :) I forgot about it myself, but as I mentioned to Rose upthread, I reread all that stuff yesterday and picked up on it as one of the loose threads we haven't done a lot with. I'm glad you're talking about it.

Re the parts BBM in both your post and Methodical's, as family members of someone connected to the case, I don't think TOS allows us to refer to them by name -- maybe not even to sleuth them. Ordinarily, I think first names might be okay, but in M's post the connection to the mother's last name is too obvious IMO. I could totally be wrong. I am a HORRIBLE offender of TOS, but (can you hear me, Bessie?), I think I may be starting to learn some of the rules here. LOL. I edited the names out of my post above JIC, and M, if you want to be safe, you can still remove them from yours until we are more sure. Apologies in advance if I am wrong about this.
<rbbm>

I hear you, and no you're not. But...you are correct. No names, and no sleuthing that family. I'm sorry, but we can't go there. :nono:

:tyou:

So ... I feel PD sure that you&#8217;re all going to think I&#8217;m nuts after this post, but here I go ... I&#8217;m going to take a walk on the wild side.

Yesterday, when I posted my thoughts about not selectively excluding details of Bill's accounts about the attacks, but giving him the full benefit of the doubt, there was more "blather" going on in my mind than I posted. I was struggling, going in circles, couldn't make a bridge between what I did say and something else I was thinking.

The thought I mentioned -- that even when we mentally excluded something, the case became no clearer -- was taunting me. I kept thinking over and over, &#8221;everything he said is either all-in or all-out.&#8221; But I couldn't articulate what I meant by that. And I felt like it might contradict the rest of what I was saying, which I really believe.

I realized this morning that I was trying to find a way to say BOTH &#8220;I believe you, Bill!&#8221; and &#8220;You&#8217;re story&#8217;s full of horse feathers!&#8221; I don't on any level think that Bill was NOT assaulted. I just mean, his crazy story is EITHER just crazy enough to be completely true, or a cover for something else. All-in or all-out.

In yesterday's post, I pretty much explained what I meant by the all-in possibility. Now I want to explore the all-out part: What if Bill was talking to us in what I&#8217;d like to call &#8220;kid code&#8221;?

Like others on the thread, I have entertained the idea that -- because of his age -- Bill may have been dealing with or even experimenting with sexuality issues -- that maybe something went wrong with a partner he'd encountered. Maybe it was something he couldn't talk about out of guilt and embarrassment. If he was in over his head, and knew he needed help, what might he do?

To get this help, what if he fabricated this story about &#8220;some men he didn't know&#8221; doing him harm, when quite possibly, really only one was.

BTW, this is the part where you say I'm nuts. How -- you are probably wondering -- if this was Bill's 14-YO thinking -- would a constructed story help him GET the help he needed? Well, given the scenario he set up, it wouldn't, would it? Unless he embedded something truthful in it.

Think about it: One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong ...

What's the one oddly specific detail in Bill&#8217;s entire fuzzy story about his attackers? If you&#8217;re thinking &#8220;the blue car&#8221; right now, you may be just as crazy as I am.

Not a single concrete detail EXCEPT the blue car. Not a voice, not a face, not a garment, not a name ... but an aqua car he described well enough for his family to point to a Ford Falcon. (I am not including the tools of strangulation here, but will return to them, if that thought is niggling at your brain like it is mine.) What If the one '&#8221;tell&#8221; in all of Bill's tale is the blue car?

So at this point I'm backing off the adolescent sexual experimentation/partner gone wrong part of this hypothesis. Instead, I'm going with my gut on Bill's character. I think he's a young, unsophisticated, innocent 14, and if sexuality issues WERE emerging for him, I don&#8217;t think he was ready to act on them yet. MOO -- a leap of faith, folks, that&#8217;s all I got.

AND, I&#8217;m going with the type of crime that is more commonly carried out on victims with Bill's profile: Abuse at the hands of a seemingly respectable man in the community. I&#8217;m not even sure the man would have to be young, as those details may have been fabricated. A church youth group leader? A private music teacher? A coach of sports played at Prairie-Lincoln? A teacher at a school Bill attended? The person who coordinated local paper boys and oversaw their routes? My only requirement is he lives nearby. Either in the C&#8217;s neighborhood or the one across the way where Prairie-Lincoln Elementary School is located. (I am actually liking the &#8220;teacher&#8221; or other school personnel angle myself, because the timing of the attacks suggest recently seeing BC again after what may have been at least a brief hiatus, but I digress.)

Lunacy? Mmm, could be ... so let&#8217;s try it out.

IMO, Bill&#8217;s injuries are genuine and NOT self-inflicted, so in my mind I&#8217;m trying to make those details work with this.

Sept. 5., 1979

• First off, who is the &#8220;friend&#8221; Bill was visiting? Was it known that this was where he was going BEFORE he went there? Or was it added later? Could Bill have lied about who he&#8217;d gone to see? Could he have had an appointment with an adult that someone in the family knew about? A music lesson? A meeting with his route leader to hand over money? Could he have been out and about and run into a teacher who invited him inside? IMO, it had to be someone he knew.

• I think it&#8217;s highly likely that this attack happened indoors. In one of the MSM reports, LE stated there was no sign of struggle at the scene Bill described, even though they found the tools of his attack there.

• Here&#8217;s what I see as one possible scenario:
  • I think the adult predator would have had a strong longing/attraction specifically for Bill.
  • I think it happened in the garage of the predator&#8217;s home (thus the handy ligature tools: Inner tube and garbage bag).
  • I think valium is involved. It makes sense to me that it would be an adult who accessed such a drug, due to the time period -- I don&#8217;t believe the family medicine chest was considered quite the trove of potential recreational drugs back then that it is today. Whoever this was may have offered Bill something to drink or eat to get him to take it. (JMO -- I know you are not sold on this detail, Methodical, but I am following my gut and feel strongly that it plays a role.)
  • I speculate that the choking was sexually motivated on the part of the predator. In my thinking, the drug would have allowed the predator to molest Bill in some way without having to physically overcome him and possibly without Bill being fully aware.
  • Perhaps when it was over, Bill recovered -- likely after only a short while. He may have fled while the predator was elsewhere in the house.
  • Bill -- in a panic -- may have run out with the inner tube still around his neck, the garbage bag in his hand.
  • Once outdoors, he may have wondered what to do. If he had any knowledge -- even cloudy knowledge -- about what had happened to him, I believe he would have been too embarrassed to say. It&#8217;s possible that at some point Bill was warned not to tell anyone what had happened between him and the predator. It may have been suggested to him that he enjoyed what had happened -- or that at least that was what people would think if he told them. Bill may also have been told that people would not believe him, but the predator in the matter, due to the predator&#8217;s stature in the community.
  • I think that Bill then wandered around trying to decide what to do and came up with the nondetailed story we are all so enmeshed in. He already had the props. When he left them in the woods, he either fabricated the note himself, or this note and the other school notes were actually written by the predator. (One thing about the school notes that troubles me is that, in addition to Bill, other notes were only sent to two of Bill's good friends. I could see a paranoid predator, fearful of Bill talking to them, including notes to the friends to show Bill he was serious. I could also see Bill adding the notes to his friends to up his cry for help. JMO)

I am not going to do the same thing with the other two attacks -- at least not now -- because this post is already RIDICULOUSLY long. But I may do so later, because I have to follow this thinking to its conclusion, and the way I do this is by writing it out. I am going to do this after I click SUBMIT.

HOWEVER, I would like to make a few more points:

• First, nuts as I may be to arrive at this, the above scenario is an established, statistically frequent crime that was underreported at this time, and Bill keeping this kind of thing to himself is in keeping with the profile of such victims. At the same time, I believe he was also terrified and hopeful that some angel would figure something out from either the car or the school connection of the notes.

• Second, I would like to return to the car. I am speculating that it is the predator&#8217;s vehicle, but it is possible that the blue car was garaged and nonworking. I also think the predator may have had a second working vehicle that was more familiar to his neighbors. JMO.

• Third, I would encourage the family to think about adults living in the neighborhood or the adjacent one who fit the description of men who work with young adults in their full or part-time jobs -- regardless of whether the family has any suspicion of them -- so that LE can check the car angle. I suspect the man would be unmarried.

Caveat: All of the above is PURE speculation in an effort to imagine a plausible narrative in which the things Bill talked about could be true. Apologies if I have offended anyone, but if you think I&#8217;m nuts, I can only say, you&#8217;re probably right. :)

Yes, many of what you are offering up are thoughts I have been pondering as well GBMG. Because Bill's brother is on this thread, I am trying to be very sensitive as we all are. However, I'm sure all these (and many more theories) have crossed his mind.

As I have posted upthread, the only conclusion that makes any sense to me is some sort of experimentation that went way too far and became deadly. I believe the Perp was a deviant who lured this young man in, and then held him "captive" for the time period until his death because of embarrassment, shame, and threats.

If the Perp isn't the guy already incarcerated, I will be shocked. But that is speculation and opinion only of course.

I love you guys, and I'm loving the compassion that is being shown towards this family!! :loveyou:

I am reading your theories, while not always contributing, I am considering all that is being said. I appreciate your ideas, and the time spent to formulate them. You have made me consider things I had not considered before. Predator, yes I believe so. Held captive on one or all of these events, quite possibly. Did he know the perpetrator, probably. I always felt Bill was holding back for any number of reasons. I begged him over and over to tell me anything at all that he might be holding back. He never said anything beyond very general descriptions. Nothing.

I am reading your theories, while not always contributing, I am considering all that is being said. I appreciate your ideas, and the time spent to formulate them. You have made me consider things I had not considered before. Predator, yes I believe so. Held captive on one or all of these events, quite possibly. Did he know the perpetrator, probably. I always felt Bill was holding back for any number of reasons. I begged him over and over to tell me anything at all that he might be holding back. He never said anything beyond very general descriptions. Nothing.

Bob, again, thank you for contributing to your brother's thread. Without you and Kat, this would be pointless. A lot of us have walked in your shoes, but most of us have our answers. I hope and pray that your family will get the answers you deserve. It's long overdue!!

Someone would have had to know where Bill's locker was located…and also his friends' lockers. And they would have to be very cautious….if they were seen leaving the notes, they would be discovered.
They had to know where Bill was at most all times…and where his family members were. They had to be very brazen…to drive into a neighborhood and take a large young man from his own yard in broad daylight with people loaded up nearby having a birthday party?

[*]I think that Bill then wandered around trying to decide what to do and came up with the nondetailed story we are all so enmeshed in. He already had the props. When he left them in the woods, he either fabricated the note himself, or this note and the other school notes were actually written by the predator. (One thing about the school notes that troubles me is that, in addition to Bill, other notes were only sent to two of Bill's good friends. I could see a paranoid predator, fearful of Bill talking to them, including notes to the friends to show Bill he was serious. I could also see Bill adding the notes to his friends to up his cry for help. JMO)
[/LIST][/INDENT]

• First, nuts as I may be to arrive at this, the above scenario is an established, statistically frequent crime that was underreported at this time, and Bill keeping this kind of thing to himself is in keeping with the profile of such victims. At the same time, I believe he was also terrified and hopeful that some angel would figure something out from either the car or the school connection of the notes.

The notes began right at the start of the school year, right?

bbms:
Bill or someone very close on the inside of school would know where the lockers are located. And, I think the notes being delivered to his good friends at school is potentially big clue.

I wonder about the person who glared at Bill in choir practice? Was this a stranger who walked into the school and knew where to find Bill?

(GBMG your post TBM)

GBMG- you are on a roll - and it is very thought provoking. Your post definitely speaks to how Bill could have been thinking as a victim of abuse by someone he knew, or knew of. -I also suspect this must have been thought of by LE as well. But, without Bill's side of the story if there is more to the story, they went to suicide.

I agree that Bill was a "young, unsophisticated, innocent 14". I'll add sensitive, trusting, and possibly easily influenced. I think also that one's sexuality is pretty nascent at 14 - if it is violated, combined with death threats, I can see that an adolescent with no frame of reference about such things may not fully comprehend the seriousness of the situation (esp. after 2nd attack). -To be silent could have been reinforced if he told a friend. Kids thinking their parents would never understand is / was a teenage rite of passage. If there are things he felt he could not tell his family, I would find it hard to believe that he talked to absolutely no one about what was happening (if there is more). And, when he died, the secret went with him. Who was going to step forward and say I knew about what happened to Bill? It is part of the paradox of this case.

If this was under reported and the notes thought of as a hoax that might only reinforce the thinking that it is best to remain silent.

-just some thoughts and imo

Yes, RoseFromAngels, you did say those things. Thank you for reminding me. Katydid23 did as well in post 181 (link), and RainyAlaska did in post 240 (link). Also, strong hunches that Bill knew his attacker, was walking a thin line between truth and falsity with his story, and that the attacker was connected to school and/or the neighborhood have plagued many other posters since the beginning of the thread. Apologies if I have not given credit where it&#8217;s due and for being late to board the train.

Just a little disclaimer as per RoseFromAngels&#8217; thoughts: I am not trying to be insensitive to Bob and KatCo by describing these possibilities here. I am posting the ideas publicly because they may be reading. It is my belief that they are the ones most likely to put their fingers on a suspect if a story like this one has legs. You may be right, they may have already walked this thinking. But they may not have considered people who were not &#8220;fringe&#8221; types. From my POV, the statistical likelihood of this kind of crime makes it worth considering again.

And so I will add some thoughts on the second attack ...

Oct. 22, 1979
As we&#8217;ve discussed, and as LE and Bob have noted, the second attack, as described by Bill, is very problematic. Following my earlier line of thinking, here&#8217;s another angle:
  • I don&#8217;t think it&#8217;s a stretch to think that somehow, perhaps under threat of accusing Bill of being sexually deviant himself, the same predator was able to lure Bill to his home a second time. Could he have accosted him in a vehicle? Maybe, but I don&#8217;t think it was necessary.

• I would again look more closely at what Bill was doing that day. I come back to the person who coordinated the paper route only because (a) Bill is said to have been collecting money for his paper route at the time he was attacked, (b) Bill may have had to deliver the money afterward, and (c) Bill quit the route after this attack. However, a teacher or coach is also possible. The predator may have been a customer on Bill&#8217;s route.

• I believe drugs are again involved in the second attack, quite possibly at a higher level than the first. IMO, if in fact Bill was drugged the first time, he may not have understood that to be the case. It's possible, IMO, that the more intense degree of strangulation seen with this attack suggests it was harder to get an eroticized reaction out of Bill&#8217;s body during the attack, due to the heavier dosing. (Apologies. JMO.)

• After the drug wore off, did the perpetrator dump Bill in some shrubs as Bill described? I doubt it. I would guess that Bill wandered off on his own again. The location of Beacon Hill Road and Maple Drive may be a red herring, though it could also be a &#8220;clue&#8221; Bill left as to the predator&#8217;s residence. In any case, I don&#8217;t think the predator meant to detain Bill indefinitely. IMO, his hold on Bill was emotional. When Bill awoke, I think he would have been free to go.

• Bill may or may not have returned home with the rope; nonetheless, I believe it existed and could have been left in the perpetrator&#8217;s garage.

The two-to-three month gap between the second and third attacks:

• I think the predator would likely have been quite daunted by any LE investigation that followed Bill&#8217;s second attack. The predator may even have been questioned by LE. (Related thought: Where did the teacher live who said publicly that Bill asked him about how to choke yourself?)

• If the predator was as locally ensconced in the community as I think he would have to be, he would likely be in on the gossip about the case. If so, he might know Bill went to the police a second time and went to see a doctor.

• It is after this attack that Bill lets the &#8220;aqua&#8221; (not merely blue) car clue drop ... if he meant it as way of identifying the predator, it suggests to me that Bill&#8217;s desperation had risen to a fever pitch. However, I would be willing to relent that the blue car was part of Bill&#8217;s fabrication if it could be methodically ruled out and if evidence points to another person in the neighborhood.

• IMO, due to fear of scrutiny, it is possible that such a predator was trying during this time to keep himself from ever doing something like this again.

Again: All of the above is PURE speculation in an effort to imagine a plausible narrative in which the things Bill talked about could be true. If anything even close to this happened to Bill, I am overwhelmed with pity for him because of how trapped he must have felt, as well as for his family, who could not possibly have imagined why Bill wouldn't share with them what had happened.

Dont be afraid to voice your ideas. They are painful to read at times, but I accept that if a new idea can be proven accurate. You have my attention. Thank you all.

Excellent posts goingbymygut. It does make me wonder about this 'Teacher' who mentioned the 'Bill asked how long to pass out from strangulation' to LE.

When did this Teacher tell Law Enforcement that exactly? Was it after Bill had been killed? If yes, then that could have been a way for this teacher to divert any attention away from himself to Police.

That part always stuck out as odd to me when i first read your great post on page 6-9 because it kinda felt like back stabbing from the teacher.... Like he was trying to help LE validate their theory that this was a suicide.

Your recent different angles and theories are very plausible. When i try to imagine this predator going by your theory it reminds me of a disgusting John Gacey type.

Yes, many of what you are offering up are thoughts I have been pondering as well GBMG. Because Bill's brother is on this thread, I am trying to be very sensitive as we all are. However, I'm sure all these (and many more theories) have crossed his mind.

As I have posted upthread, the only conclusion that makes any sense to me is some sort of experimentation that went way too far and became deadly. I believe the Perp was a deviant who lured this young man in, and then held him "captive" for the time period until his death because of embarrassment, shame, and threats.

If the Perp isn't the guy already incarcerated, I will be shocked. But that is speculation and opinion only of course.

Same for me, some thoughts and theories I just don't want to put down, as I'd hate to upset any of Bill's family.

But I do hope all our ideas, questions and our interest in Bill will, at the very least, show them that people do care, and that complete strangers want to help in any way possible, to get them the answers they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill