IN IN - Chynna, 26, & Blake Dickus, 10, Franklin, 24 July 2006

PrayersForMaura said:
From the video, it doesn't look like he's looking in those directions because things are "catching his eye". He's focused on talking about his wife and child.
Whether he did it or not, I really don't think his looking to the left and right have anything to do with the distractions.
But, that's just my opinion.
I've watched his interview about 10 times.

I'll take your word for it. I couldn't get the video to work for me so I can't see what y'all are talking about.

The Franklin police don't think the husband/father was involved.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9660161/detail.html

POSTED: 11:13 am EDT August 10, 2006

FRANKLIN, Ind. -- Franklin police said Thursday that they don't believe a man was involved in the fatal stabbings of his wife and son.

Blake Dickus, 10, and Chynna Dickus, 26, were found slain in the home in the 1100 block of Aberdeen Drive on July 24.

So who could've done this?

Were either Chynna or Steve having an affair?
Was the ex-wife remarried? Was she dating anyone?

There were many homes being built around them. C.P. Morgan builds many homes. I pray that they look into someone who is in construction. It would have had to been someone who looked like they belonged in the neighborhood IMO.When they built around us there were some Porta Pottys. I wonder if they looked in one for bloody clothes or weapons.
Amy

Dickus: 'I broke down and had a good cry'

By ANNIE GOELLER
[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Staff writer[/font]

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Stephen S. "Sean" Dickus said he broke down in tears when a detective told him he had passed a lie-detector test.

Franklin police announced Thursday that Dickus is not the focus of the investigation into the deaths of his wife, Chynna Dickus, 26, and son, Blake Dickus, 10.

Detectives ruled him out because he passed a polygraph test and after they put together a timeline of events, Franklin Police Chief John Borges said.

"I broke down and had a good cry this morning," Dickus said.

[/font][font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Sean Dickus found Chynna and Blake Dickus dead in their Branigin Woods subdivision home on the north side of Franklin on July 24 when he came home from work. Chynna Dickus died of stab wounds. Blake Dickus died of blunt force trauma, stab wounds and asphyxia.

The police announcement Thursday is a relief to Dickus and his family.

He said he hopes that police will soon find the person who killed his wife and son and that the news will stop the strange looks he gets when he goes to the store or out to a restaurant.

A friend recently had to defend Dickus at a garage sale to people talking about the murders.

He hopes that now the speculation about his involvement will stop, Dickus said.

Dickus said he has talked with investigators, helping in any way he can since the investigation began.

Borges agreed, saying Dickus has been cooperative all along.

Dickus said he has racked his brain, trying to think of any suspects or names he could give to police.

"I just don't know of anybody that would be capable of doing something like that," he said.

Dickus said he can't think of anyone his family has fought with, any neighbors who may have disliked him or any past friends who would have that much aggression toward his family.

He hopes that police have a suspect or will have one when they get lab results from evidence, Dickus said.

"I am praying that they find someone responsible for this and bring them to justice," he said.
[/font]

I feel soooooooooooooo bad. If not him who else is there. I still think some one close to the family as it was daylight, stabbing, and overkill. I sure am glad he did take the test. Most people wont even if they are innocent.

Prayer vigil honors slain boy

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]By MIKE GEORGE

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Staff writer[/font]

[font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]Nearly 100 people stood quietly on the courthouse square in Franklin on Friday evening to remember 10-year-old Blake Dickus, who was killed last month.

Some stood quietly. A few stared into the sky in prayer. Many had tears in their eyes.

Blake Dickus and his stepmother, Chynna L. Dickus, 26, were found dead in their northside Franklin home July 24.

Friends organized the candlelight vigil to remember Blake and to show support for his family. Kim Foote, one of the organizers, hoped the vigil would encourage people to come forward with information that could help the investigation.

Blake's uncle, Gary Whittemore, plans to contact the Fox TV show "America's Most Wanted" to help find the killer.

But even if authorities find who killed Blake and his stepmother, life will never be the same for friends and family, said Kathy Worth, Blake's great-aunt.

"I don't think things will ever be the same," she said. "Even if they catch the killer, this is still a tragedy."

Worth hoped that Friday's vigil would help the healing begin.

"It's probably going to take a lot of time," she said.
[/font]

Dave Bayless, who was formerly neighbors with Blake and his mother Christina Dickus, said he came to Friday's vigil to show support for the family and to help his children, who were close friends with the boy.
[/font][font=HELVETICA, SANS SERIF]
"I hope this can help my kids feel better. They've really been torn up over this," he said.

Blake celebrated his American Indian heritage as a grass dancer at events every September in Tipton. Four of Whittemore's sons are grass dancers, and Whittemore said he will miss seeing Blake dancing with his children.

A memorial fund helped raise enough money to pay for the funeral for the boy, who would have started the fourth grade at Needham Elementary School next week, Foote said.

Investigators have not focused the investigation on any suspects and are still following more than 150 leads. While Stephen S. "Sean' Dickus, Blake's father and Chynna's husband, is not considered a suspect, police have not ruled out that the victims knew the killer, Franklin police said this week.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Franklin police at 736-5111 or report anonymous tips at 346-1100.[/font]

Well, I will make an apology about my doubt. :truce:

I wonder if it will turn out to be a case like Scott Dyleski & Dan Horwitz' wife? Still a horrifying crime, no matter how you look at it.

I still have my doubts LTULegal.

It sounds like they are keeping whatever evidence they have close to the chest. And it seems like the husband is not under suspicion. I really hope they can find who did this - what a terrible, tragic thing. I'd like to know about other family members or close friends. I have a hard time believing it was random, but I had a hard time believing that in the Groene case as well.

This is the latest I can find:

From the IndyStar Archives search:

2. Police rule out husband in deaths
August 11, 2006 •• 416 words •• ID: ind102683916
FRANKLIN, Ind. -- A man who found his wife and son slain in their home has been cleared by police of any suspicion in the crime. Stephen "Sean" Dickus, 33, was never named a suspect in the July 24 killings. However, he was subjected to close scrutiny by investigators following the crimes, including a lie-detector test. Dickus found Chynna Dickus, 26, and his son, Blake Dickus, 10, dead in the northside Branigin Woods home the couple shared. Blake Dickus was

chicoliving said:
I think something to keep in mind also when watching these interviews is that there are people off camera that can "catch" the eye of the interviewee so that could explain some of the looks to the right or the left. Just something I've observed FWIW
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's funny you mention this. Yesterday, I had lunch with my cousin and we were going over facts about two of my murdered uncle's cold cases. I caught myself looking to the right while trying to remember and relay my memories correctly to her about her Grandfather's death (who was one of my murdered uncles ). I thought, 'Oh I hope she understands that if I look her in the eyes while trying to pull those OLD memory files up, that her facial expressions and the emotions I see in her eyes will cause me to totally lose my focus and I will either draw a blank or not be able to remember every detail as I would if I were less distracted.'

This was face to face with a cousin I know and Love. I can't even imagine if I were trying to do the same thing in front of some stranger interviewing me and a camera running in my face.

Sometimes I think we place too much value on psychologically based physical tell-tell signs. I am as gulity as anyone of having done this. Generalizations no matter how scientifically based are still generalizations.

richandfamous said:
Sewing Deb, Thanks, I still have my doubts about the husband.
It's so hard NOT to have doubts about the husband in a case like this, but I think it speaks volumes that the police say he is not a suspect.

My prayers that they catch this murderer soon!

Cops say that all the time while they are investigating a crime.
"So and So is not a suspect at this time." He, (the hubby) said some pretty weird things when inteviewed on tv. Some say he was in shock and that certainly could be but it made the hair on my neck stand up. jmo

richandfamous said:
Cops say that all the time while they are investigating a crime.
"So and So is not a suspect at this time." He, (the hubby) said some pretty weird things when inteviewed on tv. Some say he was in shock and that certainly could be but it made the hair on my neck stand up. jmo
I've never seen the husband on TV, so can't comment on his demeanour. I just wish they'd find something!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060
Back