OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
poppypetalsHey Tuffy, found this on the same pinellas site, so you think he had bullets or something ??

YA! KNOW>>>>>ONE CAN ALWAYS HOLD OUT HOPE THAT THE DEVIL WILL GET HIS DOOOOO! Your comment about the bullets....not funny.....

Folks,

Glad to see you're still on this case.

You'll recall Sharon had a daughter in 1989, which she gave up for adoption in Louisiana. I came into contact with the daughter and her mother last summer and, thanks to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, did a DNA test.
The results just came back and the DNA matched Sharon's DNA taken from blood samples provided by the Oklahoma City police.

So all testing comparing Sharon's DNA to other missing girls is accurate.

Her daughter's DNA was placed into CODIS, and hopefully someday we will find a match.

Also...There's nothing up with Franklin Floyd. He's simply going through the appeals process of his death penalty conviction and was transported back and forth from the prison to Pinellas County. The "booking date" is simply a receiving date.

Keep up your good work

That's very good news about the DNA being correct. I hope Sharon's biological daughter is coping well with this whole thing and it was very good of her to offer her DNA for testing.

Also nice to have the prison stuff cleared up, thanks.

Matt Birkbeck said:
Folks,

You'll recall Sharon had a daughter in 1989, which she gave up for adoption in Louisiana. I came into contact with the daughter and her mother last summer and, thanks to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, did a DNA test.
The results just came back and the DNA matched Sharon's DNA taken from blood samples provided by the Oklahoma City police.

Her daughter's DNA was placed into CODIS, and hopefully someday we will find a match.

Also...There's nothing up with Franklin Floyd. He's simply going through the appeals process of his death penalty conviction and was transported back and forth from the prison to Pinellas County. The "booking date" is simply a receiving date.

Keep up your good work

Tuffy101 said:
poppypetalsHey Tuffy, found this on the same pinellas site, so you think he had bullets or something ??

YA! KNOW>>>>>ONE CAN ALWAYS HOLD OUT HOPE THAT THE DEVIL WILL GET HIS DOOOOO! Your comment about the bullets....not funny.....

Was most definately not trying to be funny, in fact, I am rarely ever so. The statute sited is a "posession of ammunition" citation.

floyd will continue to make up lies after crazy lies in hopes that someone higher up in the courts or prisons think like him but i don't think anyone else has a sick and crazy mind as floyd. i wonder how the DNA came into place. well i am glad we have the blood situation cleared. but also feel sad for the girl because she will have never gotten the chance to know her real mother.

smile22 said:
floyd will continue to make up lies after crazy lies in hopes that someone higher up in the courts or prisons think like him but i don't think anyone else has a sick and crazy mind as floyd. i wonder how the DNA came into place. well i am glad we have the blood situation cleared. but also feel sad for the girl because she will have never gotten the chance to know her real mother.
It's better to say "biological" or "birth" mother/father, rather than "real", those who raise and love children not biologically related should be recognized as the "real" parents. (not picking on you, it's just a pet peeve of mine, sorry)

I totally agree with you about Floyd having a sick and crazy mind - he'll never tell the truth about Sharon. Makes me so angry!

Matt Birkbeck said:
Folks,

Keep up your good work
Matt, can you please clarify a couple things? Is the case open or not? (see blue highlights below).
And according to your answer in the Q&A session from June 2006, nobody could legally contact the family of the child in New Orleans for a DNA sample unless propmted by OCPD. Did the Oklahoma City PD have you act as their liaison? If so, are you authorized to act on their behalf in other capacities too? That would really be helpful.

From Q&A session June 2006:
Hi Matt,

Here are the questions that were submitted by the members at Websleuths.

2. Have the adoptive parents of Sharon’s children been contacted for DNA samples or contacted LE to inquire about the case involving their child’s biological mother’s bizarre upbringing? Have they expressed fear FDF would come for the other children?

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO SHARON’S FIRST CHILD. MICHAEL WAS THE SECOND. THE THIRD, A GIRL, WAS ADOPTED BY A COUPLE IN NEW ORLEANS. LE KNOWS THEIR IDENTITIES, BUT UNLESS PROMPTED BY OKC POLICE (WHO STILL HAVE AN OPEN INVESTIGATION INTO SHARON’S DEATH) NO ONE CAN LEGALLY CONTACT THE PARENTS OR SEEK A DNA SAMPLE.
Matt, the above was from the Q&A session back in June. Did the Oklahoma City PD have you contact the family of the girl on their behalf?

Originally posted by Jolayne1963:
Okay, I bought the 2nd book with the new afterword. The last 2 paragraphs at the end of the book are as follows:

"But that same month there was a curious and disturbing development concerning Sharon's blood samples: Questions arose concerning the validity of the blood, specifically, whether it was really Sharon's blood. During the investigation following the kidnapping of Michael Hughes, the FBI in Oklahoma City searched for but was told no DNA from Sharon existed. Authorities also questioned why, if it was indeed Sharon's blood, it was held in custody for so many years after her death. With Floyd in jail, and no open investigation, samples are usually thrown out.

Was there a mix-up of some kind? No one knows for sure, but officials are investigating and while as of this writing the answers still are not clear, the DNA testing continues under the premise that the blood is indeed Sharon's".
Matt Birbeck
March 2005

Tuffy101 said:

Tuffy, I don't think that was meant to be funny. I believe PP is new to the case and is just being helpful.

itsreenw said:
Matt, can you please clarify a couple things? Is the case open or not? (see blue highlights below).
And according to your answer in the Q&A session from June 2006, nobody could legally contact the family of the child in New Orleans for a DNA sample unless propmted by OCPD. Did the Oklahoma City PD have you act as their liaison? If so, are you authorized to act on their behalf in other capacities too? That would really be helpful.

Matt, the above was from the Q&A session back in June. Did the Oklahoma City PD have you contact the family of the girl on their behalf?

Good question(s) Itsreenw! I'm so glad that Matt still checks in here with updates and inside information. Great news about the sample.

I guess I should have put a queston mark inetead of a statement about the DNA.....and thanks that was informative......I sure would like to know how Matt got in touch with Sharon's Child....????:truce:
Did you get a look at that page for Sharon Link?http://sharonmarshall.homestead.com/index.html

Awwww, Tuffy, that is a beautiful tribute to Sharon and Michael! I can tell you put a lot of heart into it - you are sweet :blowkiss:

annemc2 said:
Awwww, Tuffy, that is a beautiful tribute to Sharon and Michael! I can tell you put a lot of heart into it - you are sweet :blowkiss:

Yes, those pictures are awsome !! Matt Birkbeck is going to think that is really cool !!

The Photos are web cam from the court TV.....I have a ton and it was diffcult to choose......as for FDF.....much of him....I just could not put those up.....made me ill.....that is for the mommie and son....I will change the photos in a few days.....Atleast the petion can get some traffic.....you will be able to google soon...I hope....and drive even more traffic .

I tryed to e-mail Matt and his box is full I am sure everyone has questions about the match for DNA.....
My question is this Matt if you get to read this......
Your statement said you ment the Mother and Daughter....is thier a reason you did not say anything about a father....is Sharons'daugther being raised by a single parent...?
and if so does that not raise a flag.....considering all the facts and the idea that a group or orginaton like the (Church of the New Song) and the thrid party involved in the Florida Murder...even thou speculating it was sharon .....and the re:hit and run...denotes a thrid party......
It is plain the obsession with Sharon.....may not have been intirely FDF.....do not take this wrong it just would not be right to look in one directon.....my thought is with all the twist to all of this story and not one family member has come forth ...someone knows....extended family.......(keeping thier lips tight).....twise she used the name Sue Davis...when she was in school again in 1981....see Sue Davis dark hair photo... date on photo............the start of time that can not be accounted for.
aka:sharon was in oklahoma the thrid time that we know 1990....another name change and a drivers lisence with a date applied for a few days before she died......
The Mystery of her exictance with FDF... begain and ended....in Oklahoma City.....

I was able to get more information from that court TV Tape.... and I am searching now for what was on unsolved Mystery some time ago.....
Just a note* Sharon was all of 5'2"
http://sharonmarshall.homestead.com/index.html

:chicken:

Tuffy101 said:
I guess I should have put a queston mark inetead of a statement about the DNA.....and thanks that was informative......I sure would like to know how Matt got in touch with Sharon's Child....????:truce:
Did you get a look at that page for Sharon Link?http://sharonmarshall.homestead.com/index.html
I wasn't trying to correct you. I dont know a thing about DNA so when the subject comes up I have to go take a quick tutorial. Just thought it would help with some of the terms. The site is very nice. Sharon looks so different. The pic with her blowing a kiss to Michael is sweet. They are all each other had in this world.

For those trying to PM me, my box was full. I deleted messages and it's now open.

To answer your questions, I came into contact w/ the daughter's adopted mother last summer. You'll recall in the book that Sharon and Floyd left Florida after Cheryl Commesso was killed, stopped in Alabama to take new names off of tombstones, then arrived in New Orleans.
There, as Clarence and a very pregnant Tonya Hughes, they sought to give up the baby for adoption, which they did.
I cannot identify the mother, father or daughter (confidential) but suffice to say the daughter ended up in a wonderfull home with two loving parents, is doing very well in school, and about to begin college next fall.
The mother learned about "A Beautiful Child," read the book, then reached out to me with the goal of trying to identify Sharon. The daughter also read the book, knows about Sharon, and readily agreed to a DNA test to help clarify questions we had about the OKC police blood, etc.
I contacted the National Center for Missing CHildren and they agreed to facilitate a DNA test, which took several months to complete.
The results, as I mentioned earlier, are in and the daughter's DNA matches Sharon (which takes the OKC police off the hook).
The daughter's DNA profile has been inputed into CODIS and will be tested against all samples on file. That also means that if you come up with any legitimate prospects (as to Sharon's real family) then we can faciliate DNA testing.

Hope that clears up all your questions.

I am sure anyone would be takeing a hard look at anyone that was around Sharons children.....and question any new informaton..

I just wanted to say Thank You for answering these questons and for your active envolment in Sharon's case.......I am sure when you started out with your research not realizeing that it would be on-going and time consumeing......Do you have secound thoughts.......? I am sure that the agencys that you work with must be greatful that you or active in finding the parents of Sharon and what happened......
Did you get a look at the Page for Sharon......?http://sharonmarshall.homestead.com/index.html

Matt Birkbeck said:
Hope that clears up all your questions.
It does - thanks, Matt. Your continued interest and passion on this case is admirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!