Cuddle Cat (and Other Obvious Lies)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my understanding where Kate lives she as a GP would do house calls on patients. So yes she may come across dead bodies, GPs in the UK don't seems to be like the GPs in North America. She would be called to a patients house to declare them dead. At least this is what I heard yesterday listening to one of the "experts" Nancy Grace had on last night.

Thanks for the clarification.................. then I guess it is possible.... :waitasec:

One of the British news reports (I posted two this morning on the media thread) referred to her as "locum" GP. I found the definition and it means "temporary" or basically, a substitute doctor. So she fills in for others, therefore, she might very well have come in contact with corpses.

Although I think that's a stretch, if she didn't wash her clothes after coming in contact with cadavers--does she wear the same shoes and belt on vacation that she wears to work? Really?

One of the British news reports (I posted two this morning on the media thread) referred to her as "locum" GP. I found the definition and it means "temporary" or basically, a substitute doctor. So she fills in for others, therefore, she might very well have come in contact with corpses.

Although I think that's a stretch, if she didn't wash her clothes after coming in contact with cadavers--does she wear the same shoes and belt on vacation that she wears to work? Really?

I think it's a stretch, too, but even if it isn't, it doesn't explain the ludicrous claim of dragging Cuddle Cat to work with her around corpses. :liar:

I think it's a stretch, too, but even if it isn't, it doesn't explain the ludicrous claim of dragging Cuddle Cat to work with her around corpses. :liar:

Honestly, how can anyone get around that as an explanation?

I think Kate's clothes and Cuddle Cat got decomposition permeated into them whilst moving Maddie's remains. To me that is the only way cadaver smell would remain on them in those few weeks from the time they rented the car. It had to be more than a passing by of a corpse or quick viewing for this to happen.

Where is this information reported that she took Cuddle Cat to work with her? I have read nothing in all the articles I have read.

Thanks.

these facts can all be easily checked at the surgery she works - I dont see much point in her lying to that extent when the records of whet she did can be cross checked

The cadaver thing is also a bit of a red herring - it cannot possibly be used as admissable evidence to convict anyway - merely pont the police in the direction - they will need a lot more than that

Where is this information reported that she took Cuddle Cat to work with her? I have read nothing in all the articles I have read.

Thanks.

I have wondered that my self. Is this a fact about cuddle cats or just something that was reported by a source. As none of the parties are allowed to discuss the case.

Exactly, EnglishLeigh, if she really said that, she's desperate.

Wouldn't a more reasonable reaction be, "Oh my God, the abductor took Cuddle Cat and placed it on a shelf, does this mean my child was holding it when she died?"

these facts can all be easily checked at the surgery she works - I dont see much point in her lying to that extent when the records of whet she did can be cross checked

The cadaver thing is also a bit of a red herring - it cannot possibly be used as admissable evidence to convict anyway - merely pont the police in the direction - they will need a lot more than that

When being directly questioned about the cadaver scent on her clothing and Cuddle Cat, which perhaps she was not aware of the PJ having in evidence, I doubt she would think about anything being able to be cross-checked at her place of work. From the lameness of her response, esp. about Cuddle Cat, it sounds like the first response that came into her head.

We also need to remember that Cuddle Cat was reportedly--by the parents' own report in the days immediately following Maddie's disappearance--supposed to have been a fourth birthday gift for Madeleine...Madeleine was already missing when that day rolled around, so why would Kate have been taking CC to work with her when it was supposed to be a future gift for her daughter?

whoa, i didn't know this:eek:

All he has ever admitted was giving the kids Calpol - which is NOT the same as sedating far from it

In fact they have fervently denied ever having given the kids sedatives

Why did Kate wash the toy after Maddie was missing for 4 days? Wouldn't you think she would want to keep Maddie's scent on the toy? I just don't get it... your daughter is missing, her favorite toy left behind, Mommy Dearest carries the toy with her everywhere she goes and then decides to wash it? Who gives a crap about laundry when your daughter is missing?

Exactly...and have you noticed that you never seem to see Dr. Kate in the same outfit? I mean, how many outfits did the woman take with her? She must have taken 100 days worth, or has been enjoying many shopping trips.

Thanks.

To be fair to the parents, there is a lot of information on this case that I have only read HERE, on WS. Like cuddle cat being a b-day present, parents admit to sedating children with syringes, and Maddie possibly being autistic or asperger's. I have questioned the person who have reported these things but She always seems to miss, or ignore my request for a reference. Most of what you read here is gossip, and should be treated as such.

To be fair to the parents, there is a lot of information on this case that I have only read HERE, on WS. Like cuddle cat being a b-day present, parents admit to sedating children with syringes, and Maddie possibly being autistic or asperger's. I have questioned the person who have reported these things but She always seems to miss, or ignore my request for a reference. Most of what you read here is gossip, and should be treated as such.

very true - that is why I started to post as I saw a lot of stuff being written that seemed wildly off the mark

But I suppose that is the nature of a case like this where there always seems to be modicum of specualtion

Here's one article from the UK Telegraph that briefly mentions at the end how Kate's clothing could have been contaminated from work. I don't know if that response about being contaminated from work came from one of the family members like Philomena or was leaked, though. Doesn't say here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/11/wmaddy411.xml

I think the confusion over CuddleCat being a birthday present or not happened because there was a second toy bought after she went missing as a birthday present--a green "ragdoll." It was mentioned in either Gerry's blog or one of the many interviews. I'll see if I can locate it later, it's probably way back in the beginning threads/links now--with all the initial publicity about the yellow and green bracelets, etc.

I did find this one from the Mirror in which Kate talks about washing CuddleCat, although I honestly don't know how dirty it could get since she's constantly holding it and gives the impression it doesn't leave her grip:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2007/08/05/i-m-sorry-madeleine-98487-19573670/

While looking for reports on what happened at the moment Kate realized Maddie was missing, I found this article:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article2188493.ece
"There was about 20 seconds of disbelief where I thought 'that can't be right'. I was checking for her. Then there was panic and fear. That was the first thing that hit.
"I was screaming her name. I ran to the group. Everyone was the same. It was just total fear.
"I never thought for one second that she'd walked out. I knew someone had been in the apartment because of the way it had been left.
"But I knew she wouldn't do that anyway. There wasn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind she'd been taken. That's why the fear set in

"BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE APARTMENT HAD BEEN LEFT" ??
Anyone know what she is referring to?

Why does she run to the group without checking on her other children (again shades of Ramsey here...)

The window shutters were open, and Cuddle Cat was moved. That seems to have been it.

While looking for reports on what happened at the moment Kate realized Maddie was missing, I found this article:
"There was about 20 seconds of disbelief where I thought 'that can't be right'. I was checking for her. Then there was panic and fear. That was the first thing that hit.
"I was screaming her name. I ran to the group. Everyone was the same. It was just total fear.
"I never thought for one second that she'd walked out. I knew someone had been in the apartment because of the way it had been left.
"But I knew she wouldn't do that anyway. There wasn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind she'd been taken. That's why the fear set in

"BECAUSE OF THE WAY THE APARTMENT HAD BEEN LEFT" ??
Anyone know what she is referring to?

Why does she run to the group without checking on her other children (again shades of Ramsey here...)
Also from the article her following remarks go in direct opposition to what Mrs. Fenn tells as well as the accusations that the PJ did a bad job not allowing the scene to be contaminated.....

Talking about the night she went missing, she said: "I can't remember when I picked Cuddle Cat up. I don't think I did touch Cuddle Cat. I knew straight away a crime had been committed, we had no doubt about that.
"I look back sometimes and think 'you didn't do that badly.' We were very conscious of not touching things.

From TimesOnline interview with Kate McCann- Aug. 12- Memories of a Lost Daughter

"I was desperately hoping that Madeleine would be back before the cat got washed. In the end Cuddle Cat smelt of suntan lotion and everything. I forgot what colour it was. "It was special to Madeleine, she took it to bed every night. If she was upset or tired she had Cuddle Cat. It was special to her so it's special to me.

Talking about the night she went missing, she said: "I can't remember when I picked Cuddle Cat up. I don't think I did touch Cuddle Cat. I knew straight away a crime had been committed, we had no doubt about that.

"I look back sometimes and think 'you didn't do that badly.' We were very conscious of not touching things.

"I can't actually remember when I collected Cuddle Cat."
---------------------------------------

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_hea...objectid=19572601&siteid=93463-name_page.html

The People interview with Kate McCann- Aug. 5- Madeleine: My Guilt and Regret

Hugging Maddie's treasured Cuddle Cat, anguished Kate revealed she could no longer smell her daughter's scent on the toy. ... And she clung tightly to Cuddle Cat as she relived the nightmare of her daughter's disappearance. She said she still kisses the pink and white toy - but admitted Madeleine's scent was fading from it.

My note- How convenient for Kate that she carried Cuddle Cat around with her all summer and only washed it as soon as she realized the PJ would be going back and retesting for traces of DNA.

Discrepencies:

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2007/08/05/i-m-sorry-madeleine-98487-19573670/

Sunday Mirror interview with Kate McCann- Aug. 12- I'm Sorry Madeleine

Clutching the pink Cuddle Cat toy which has been a constant source of comfort to her since it was left lying in Madeleine's bed the night she was taken, Kate says: "I want to tell her we love her very much. She knows we're looking for her, that we're doing absolutely everything and we'll never give up." ... Kate says she saw that Madeleine's toy Cuddle Cat had been left behind, but was careful not to touch it in case it held a clue to who took her.
--------------------------

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2007/08/12/maddy-was-alive-when-taken-98487-19613517/

Sunday Mirror- Aug. 12- Maddy was alive when taken

Missing Madeleine McCann's favourite pink Cuddle Cat toy was taken from her arms as she slept and placed beyond her reach by her kidnapper. That is why police are certain Madeleine was snatched while she was asleep - and was NOT killed or injured in the holiday apartment.

When her mum Kate, 38, tucked Madeleine into bed, the four-year-old was cuddling the toy - but it was later found placed on a ledge that Madeleine could not have reached. ... Madeleine was kidnapped as the toy she had fallen asleep with was left on a ledge placed too high for a child to reach

What kidnapper would carefully place a child's cuddly toy on a high shelf???

I just don't think kidnappers tidy up the nursery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member