IL - Five killed, 21 injured in shooting at NIU campus, DeKalb, 14 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG, his address is less than 1 mile from my son's dorm at U of I...too scary. :(

Not to make light of this situation but he looks like an alien, or Jar Jar Binks.

Almost feminine looking. And there is something very creepy about his eyes... like they are looking right through you...

He looks exactly like a guy i went to school with 10 years ago :|

Good thing is its not him

Article on CNN.com says: "A spokesman for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said that two of the weapons were legally purchased February 9 from a dealer in Champaign. The bureau was still tracing the other two weapons used in the attack."

Looks to me like he's been planning this for at least a week. I'd like to know what happened in this life that changed things and made him want to kill a bunch of people and himself.

OMG, he was a graduate student at the University of Illinois in Champaign and bought his weapons there. That is my son's college! I'm going to be sick....

My brother works for UofI... he said everyone there is just stunned. He and his family live in Champaign. :(

Article on CNN.com says: "A spokesman for the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said that two of the weapons were legally purchased February 9 from a dealer in Champaign. The bureau was still tracing the other two weapons used in the attack."

He probably bought the other 2 together too.
You can only buy 2 guns and carry 2 guns at one time.
It's againsted the law in Illinois to carry more then 2.

So what do ya'll think? Is it the same guy pictured in the herald?

There's some serious eyebrow plucking that went on.

Whenever a man has seriously plucked eyebrows it does make them look girly and the eyes can look odd. It looks like he had a weight loss when you compare the two pictures but I do think he's the same person. Aot of times there is a weight loss when a patient goes off his antidepressants.I wonder how many peole that knew him noticed a drastic change in behavior.

You'd think that him being on anti-depressants or other meds would show up on his application for those guns. The laws apparently need to be tweaked some more.

Odd he sort of reminds me of John Mark Karr. I went back and edited my post listing the myspace links to what has now turned out to be a poor shmuck mistaken for the shooter.:banghead:

Paladin ("postmenu_1991483", true);

You'd think that him being on anti-depressants or other meds would show up on his application for those guns. The laws apparently need to be tweaked some more.

I agree with you. They don't have that restriction on the ap.
http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/6-181.pdf

Other thread only had 9 pages, bought this over.

I don't have a lot of time to do searches today, but it looks to me like he used "skazmier" as an email or nick. Here's a photo album w/that nick with some picture icons that are interesting. (MIGHT be his.)

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/skazmier/?mobile=true

These might be pictures he used on a blog or myspace, mobile phone etc.

Has anyone myspace or facebook sites for him?

He looks like he gets his eyebrows plucked or waxed..

I noticed that too, why would a guy do that?

His eyes are off too.

This is really close to home for me too, I attended NIU 20+ years ago.

This just makes me so sad and I just don't understand what's happening in this world anymore. :confused:

Steven Kazmierczak is from champaign illinois and the people he was living with they are these:

Joseph Kazmierczak Champaign IL 34
Leonard Kazmierczak Champaign IL 54
Tamara Kazmierczak Champaign IL 57
Susan Kazmierczak Champaign IL 27

Apparently he wasn't living with his parents,because I believe in the first thread it was stated the fathers' name was Robert Kazmierczak. The reporters were at Roberts house,he opened the door,lifted up his arms and said (paraphrasing) please leave me alone,this is very hard and started crying,and went back inside.

I really do hope the media gives him space,it's got to be devastating for him.

The media reported that his family moved to florida a year before his mother died. Also, the bit about it being a failed relationship does not appear to pan out as he was apparently living with a woman and LE spoke with her. You can discard the bully theory as well, since (again, from news reports) he was allegedly well-liked by both faculty and students.

That being said, I noticed the dad said he was a diabetic. Untreated diabetes (he was allegedly off his meds) can result in severe depression and sometimes, even hallucination. Iow if that is what happened...

If it wasn't for the meds part, it would seem like he is a person that is no different than you or I would be. I am really focusing on the medication and its apparent "erratic" behavior while not taking them as a probable cause, more than anything personal gone wrong in his life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back