Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote by FlowerChild

[R]Again, more information uncorroborated. And Nancy could leave, she could have moved very close to Canada - all she couldn't do without her daughter's passports was go to Canada with her children. Leaving does NOT equate to divorce Nancy could have left at ANY TIME and still gotten a good settlement in the divorce. She had family and a half dozen friends that would have HELPED Nancy leave Brad in a heartbeat - she was hardly "trapped"[/R]

Where could Nancy go ??? to a northern state bordering on Canada ? Montana? to be closer to her parents ? New York State to be closer to her sister ??How would she support her children ? Could she apply for benefits as she was a Canadian without a Green Card ? Do you think she wanted her family to support her ? She couldn't work. Maybe Nancy was trying to solve her dilemma without having her parents physically involved. Maybe she thought by waiting it out, whether it be the separation agreement or Green card, that she could do it on her own. Would there have been an Amber Alert for the children ?She could have left, but honestly, where to ? I feel she was trapped, and I have a feeling that she felt she was trapped.

IMO, at the end of the day, I believe Brad is going to find out the hard way that it would have been MUCH CHEAPER to get a DIVORCE!:behindbar

Just sayin'
fran

OK, here is some information for you guys that I found out last night. As I have said before I work with Cisco everyday as part of my job with a major tel com company. I have friends who work for Cisco. Brad Cooper was the highest paid CCIE of 2007. He makes over 160k and last year due to landing the AMEX account he received an additional 285,000 dollars in quarterly bonuses. So 445,000 dollars last year alone...thats how he has the money. He has money and if he did do this the motive was not money.

He has money and if he did do this the motive was not money.

How do you know the motive was not money (assuming he did it)? Anyway, he'll spend most, if not all, of his money on his defense in the end. A divorce would still have ended up the cheaper option when all is said and done.

And regarding his salary + generous bonus last year: I find it interesting that he was going to use the sale of the house from the divorce to pay back the loan from the 401K, rather than use part of his bonus to do the same. I wonder what the reasoning for that would be. I mean if you have the $$$, then you can pay back the loan before selling the house to do so. And ditto the payoff of the cc and car loans.

OK, here is some information for you guys that I found out last night. As I have said before I work with Cisco everyday as part of my job with a major tel com company. I have friends who work for Cisco. Brad Cooper was the highest paid CCIE of 2007. He makes over 160k and last year due to landing the AMEX account he received an additional 285,000 dollars in quarterly bonuses. So 445,000 dollars last year alone...thats how he has the money. He has money and if he did do this the motive was not money.

But...even if he had money...he'd have had to split it/share it with Nancy if they got divorced, right?

So, the $45 000 in CC debt ( I think that was the amount) wasn't that big of a deal, then ?? With the bonus, it could have been quickly paid off ??

Perhaps it was the control of HIS money that is the motive.

Thanks for the update.

Did you have any thoughts on the TWC subpoena? If they have that for internet/phone provider would that have anything to do w/ a Cisco VoIP?

How do you know the motive was not money (assuming he did it)? Anyway, he'll spend most, if not all, of his money on his defense in the end. A divorce would still have ended up the cheaper option when all is said and done.

And regarding his salary + generous bonus last year: I find it interesting that he was going to use the sale of the house from the divorce to pay back the loan from the 401K, rather than use part of his bonus to do the same. I wonder what the reasoning for that would be. I mean if you have the $$$, then you can pay back the loan before selling the house to do so. And ditto the payoff of the car loans.

If he was in the middle of a separation believe me he uses the sale of his house for legal reasons. Bonuses like that can be hidden from a wife...or maybe he invested it. Its not the point. When it comes to separation you want everything you have to be used for legal reasons. Whats funny is you all call him a liar but yet you don't think some how he could have lied about using the sale to pay that off? Yeah it would have been cheaper to get a divorce.... IF he killed her....Again did i miss the arrest, trial and execution? If he is innocent he will lose so much more money just to defend himself. not to mention if someone else did it and they convicted someone else I have a feeling many here will still say he did it.

Many things, but more the subpoena's.
BC is not a POI or a suspect so why do the leg work if the client is innocent.

Is buying milk at HT to prove BC was a good daddy? HogWash!

Why TWC? To say he had Disney Channel for the children?

In this day and age I believe you have to be proactive in your defense OR he could just be preparing for the custody hearing. The HT and the phone records were mentioned in the affidavits for custody. If October rolls around and there still hasn't been an arrest in this case, there's going to have to be some type of documentation to back up his statements. They'll want their "independent" experts to examine and evaluate the records, just like the plantiff's side.

Have they posted the actual requests yet (when I looked last night I didn't see the documents online)?

If this single statement is true - that the "oldest child saw NC leaving to go run Saturday AM" (as per the search blog) - does that substantially change the likelihood that BC committed this crime (based on current knowns)?

Granted we don't know the accuracy of the statement, and whether or not it was heard first hand... but if it does happen to be true,... would it represent a substantial reduction in opportunity?

So, the $45 000 in CC debt ( I think that was the amount) wasn't that big of a deal, then ?? With the bonus, it could have been quickly paid off ??

Perhaps it was the control of HIS money that is the motive.

Yes indeed - HIS money.

In early April of this year he agrees Nancy and the girls are free to return to Canada, sets the date to leave at April 26th. Starts work on the house to sell it - all is good, even wants them to leave sooner.

Then he gets Draft 2 (what happened to Draft 1 ?) and all of a sudden he is removing passports, effectively blocking the children from being able to go with Nancy, finally after 8 years, he gets Cisco involved in getting Nancy a green card. Starts playing super dad.

It boils down to a huge custody battle in the making - the children were his tools so he could keep HIS money. The separation agreement is all about money. Its all in the affidavits - including Brad's. Draft 2 makes it very plain the girls would be well cared for in the future so if he cared so much about the children, he could have negotiated money issues. He chose not to. It is about HIS money and nothing more.

If this single statement is true - that the "oldest child saw NC leaving to go run Saturday AM" (as per the search blog) - does that substantially change the likelihood that BC committed this crime (based on current knowns)?

Granted we don't know the accuracy of the statement, and whether or not it was heard first hand... but if it does happen to be true,... would it represent a substantial reduction in opportunity?

Depends on how she saw her Mum. Blake Davis saw his Mum the day she disappeared as well. "Mommy's in the rug"

ETA - it was true - thats how Bobby Cutts removed her from the house to dump her body in the middle of the night. It wasn't a rug though.

It is unlikely that Bella told anyone this information. Unless Diane Duncan ALSO saw Nancy leave to go run on Saturday, that leaves BC as the one saying he and Bella saw her leave. IMO, BC told that to Diane Duncan.

IF the statement by BC to DD were true, that they saw her leave to go run Saturday morning, that definitely would change the likelihood that BC did it.

OTOH, the very nature of the statement makes me think it was an answer to a question; it was still very early in the situation; and what else would he say?

It is unlikely that Bella told anyone this information. Unless Diane Duncan ALSO saw Nancy leave to go run on Saturday, that leaves BC as the one saying he and Bella saw her leave. IMO, BC told that to Diane Duncan.

IF the statement by BC to DD were true, that they saw her leave to go run Saturday morning, that definitely would change the likelihood that BC did it.

OTOH, the very nature of the statement makes me think it was an answer to a question; it was still very early in the situation; and what else would he say?

If DD saw Nancy leave to run, I would agree with you. BC telling DD that he and Bella saw Nancy leave to run doesn't really change any suspicion of him IMO, certainly not in my mind.

The children went w/ the Morwicks on 7/12 while the police were at the house. They were at their house until 10:30/11pm (if I'm remembering correctly). Brad Cooper was with the police at the house, not with the children. I would guess one of Nancy's friends could have asked Bella if she saw Nancy that morning.

For you locals who may belong to Lifetiime I have a few questions if you might have time to answer or if you know.

To access the building does one need a membership card or does one just have to present it at the front desk?

Is there a surveillance camera bubble in the area of the front desk ?

Is there wifi access in the cafe or any other area ?

Thanks in advance.

As for the cute little list, Nancy apparently DID show it to someone, see Hannah M. Prichards 21. F

Again, if I'm remembering the timeline correctly, the list was seen months ago. Disturbing, yes, taken at face value. Though I thought it definitely could have been a checklist in preparation for the separation/divorce/custody proceedings.

For you locals who may belong to Lifetiime I have a few questions if you might have time to answer or if you know.

To access the building does one need a membership card or does one just have to present it at the front desk?

Is there a surveillance camera bubble in the area of the front desk ?

Is there wifi access in the cafe or any other area ?

Thanks in advance.

I don't belong to Lifetime, but here is their webpage. There is WiFi access according to the site.

Again, if I'm remembering the timeline correctly, the list was seen months ago. Disturbing, yes, taken at face value. Though I thought it definitely could have been a checklist in preparation for the separation/divorce/custody proceedings.

Possibly, but at best it indicated (to me) that Nancy's friends statements were most likely accurate re him not being involved with the children up until the last few months. If he'd been involved all along he wouldn't, imo, need to write down things like the children's favorite whatevers. Granted that side of the list isn't what gave me chills --- but the other side did for sure.

Mike Hiller's statement (pro Brad) also hit me as a bit odd:
#21 "I felt he handled the situation better than I would have if I had been going through the same thing."

If this had come from a woman I wouldn't think twice about it, but coming from a man...well it had more of an impact,

He's an introvert and he is being looked at and pointed at everywhere he goes - he's a suspect, named as such or not, no wonder he won't go to a public memorial. Every breath he takes in public is analyzed for guilt...some people just cannot grieve in public - much less under such tremendous scrutiny. He has no job to go to and he is also denied the comfort of even SEEING his children. Would you rather he be more like SP, running around everywhere as if nothing is wrong? I am a private griever, I HATE making ANY public show of my grief and in fact I cannot grieve properly with other people around, even my closest loved ones. I immediately go into "consoling" mode if other people are around - I console THEM and swallow my own tears until I am alone. BC is not acting (IMO) inappropriately, he is just grieving privately..no silly string and no parties and no moving on with his life as if Nancy never existed.

As to the suicide attempt - what do his co-workers say? His fellow students in the MBA program? Perhaps he was upset at Nancy - perhaps over the divorce, money, finances and had a bad day where he was upset about EVERYTHING going wrong in his life? One bad day does not a psycho or dangerously depressed person make...especially when it's coming from people who are obviously desperate to get custody of Nancy's children from their father before any proof of his guilt has been offered.

They are ALL grieving and I am not going to condemn ANY of them for the way they are handling this situation right now. When we know more about the death of Nancy Cooper then perhaps THEN I will be prepared to pass judgment on their behavior.

My Opinion

Hi FC, good posts and I'm sorry you went through such a tough time. I really feel what you went through was dealing with someone with a serious probelm than manifested itself in out of control spending. They truly are like addicts and protect their lifestyle at all costs.
I think the Coopers in their unhappy marriage where going in that direction also, only both of them where seeking solace in material things. It wasn't just NC, Brad contributed to the mounting debt also.
I think we need to look at a few things though. Brad was mainly an "introvert" when it came to Nancy's friends, he has a website called "The Amazing Adventures of Brad" where he posts all sorts of info about himself and pictures of him in various trips and social gatherings laughing and whooping it up, doesn't really seem introverted with those people.
He also spends a large amount of money on himself, I'm sure the MBA was not cheap, he drove a beemer, and what he spent on traveling and training for Ironman would greatly suprise you...the bikes they use alone can run around $8,000.00 ....that doesn't include the other gear and entry fees and travel to wherever, Arizona, California and then lodging and meals. Let alone the enormous time spent away form the family in training.
And I can't even go there on what he might have spent on other women that he had been seeing on the side.
SO they both were all tied up in this debt-go-round AND keeping up with the lifestyles of their peers.
And I do have to say, I've looked at a ton of pictures of Nancy and never saw her in anything that wasn't casual and somewhat reasonable in price. She didn't seem to flaunt.
I think their problems went beyond the money and there was deep trouble.
I do still feel BC exhibits classic narccisistic behavior.
However the most telling of all of this is that LE has been clear, they feel this is an isolated case and the residents of Cary have nothing to fear about a serial killer in their midst. I am going with their trained and experienced minds on this one.
And (so for such a long post) BC has yet to offer a reward for info or hiring his own investigator to solve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018