Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn't matter how much money nancy did or did not spend. She didn't deserve to die for it.

There seems to be a lot of projection onto nancy of problems posters have had w/ their exes.

amen!

OK, here is some information for you guys that I found out last night. As I have said before I work with Cisco everyday as part of my job with a major tel com company. I have friends who work for Cisco. Brad Cooper was the highest paid CCIE of 2007. He makes over 160k and last year due to landing the AMEX account he received an additional 285,000 dollars in quarterly bonuses. So 445,000 dollars last year alone...thats how he has the money. He has money and if he did do this the motive was not money.

WOw, great find! hmmm (thinking out loud here) then why did they take out a home equity line of credit? Why did he complain about her spending (which with that salary seemed minute)....
That's a decent chunk of change....
It's not about the money, it's about the CONTROL of the money.

Hi FC, good posts and I'm sorry you went through such a tough time. I really feel what you went through was dealing with someone with a serious probelm than manifested itself in out of control spending. They truly are like addicts and protect their lifestyle at all costs.
I think the Coopers in their unhappy marriage where going in that direction also, only both of them where seeking solace in material things. It wasn't just NC, Brad contributed to the mounting debt also.
I think we need to look at a few things though. Brad was mainly an "introvert" when it came to Nancy's friends, he has a website called "The Amazing Adventures of Brad" where he posts all sorts of info about himself and pictures of him in various trips and social gatherings laughing and whooping it up, doesn't really seem introverted with those people.
He also spends a large amount of money on himself, I'm sure the MBA was not cheap, he drove a beemer, and what he spent on traveling and training for Ironman would greatly suprise you...the bikes they use alone can run around $8,000.00 ....that doesn't include the other gear and entry fees and travel to wherever, Arizona, California and then lodging and meals. Let alone the enormous time spent away form the family in training.
And I can't even go there on what he might have spent on other women that he had been seeing on the side.
SO they both were all tied up in this debt-go-round AND keeping up with the lifestyles of their peers.
And I do have to say, I've looked at a ton of pictures of Nancy and never saw her in anything that wasn't casual and somewhat reasonable in price. She didn't seem to flaunt.
I think their problems went beyond the money and there was deep trouble.
I do still feel BC exhibits classic narccisistic behavior.
However the most telling of all of this is that LE has been clear, they feel this is an isolated case and the residents of Cary have nothing to fear about a serial killer in their midst. I am going with their trained and experienced minds on this one.
And (so for such a long post) BC has yet to offer a reward for info or hiring his own investigator to solve this.

An MBA is not cheap, but many employers offer plans to either pay in full or part of advanced education.

I believe RC found that all of the cars were used (via the Wake Co. tax records).

I agree, Ironman gear costs a lot of money and he certainly would have contributed substantial expenses.

As for Nancy wearing casual gear, there was a quote by Diana Duncan in the days when Nancy was still a missing person. Basically, it said Nancy was fashion conscious. I'll have to see if I can find that quote again.

An MBA is not cheap, but many employers offer plans to either pay in full or part of advanced education.

I believe RC found that all of the cars were used (via the Wake Co. tax records).

I agree, Ironman gear costs a lot of money and he certainly would have contributed substantial expenses.

As for Nancy wearing casual gear, there was a quote by Diana Duncan in the days when Nancy was still a missing person. Basically, it said Nancy was fashion conscious. I'll have to see if I can find that quote again.

I don't think he had help on the MBA form Cisco, I think someone may have posted that one.
A used BMW is still expensive.
And I am fashion conscious when I have to be, otherwise I'm a slob! Most women are a little fashion conscious. Unless your name is Paris! ;)
Maybe someone was addcited to some things we don't know about to take the spendng through the roof. As we just found out, BC was making decent cash...money should not have been an issue...so it was the CONTROL of it, wasn't it?
DO you live near Cary? Is it an affluent area?

I don't think he had help on the MBA form Cisco, I think someone may have posted that one.
And I am fashion conscious when I have to be, otherwise I'm a slob! Most women are a little fashion conscious. Unless your name is Paris! ;)
Maybe someone was addcited to some things we don't know about to take the spendng through the roof. As we just found out, BC was making decent cash...money should not have been an issue...so it was the CONTROL of it, wasn't it?

I live in Raleigh which is near Cary. The neighborhood Nancy lived in is an affluent area.

Here's the link and the quote:

SNIP

"I don't think any of us would be well dressed without Nancy Cooper. That was very important to her," Duncan said with a laugh. "And she would always compliment you on your outfit."

SNIP

See link for full news report.

And, I know plenty of people who make lots of money and still are debt up to their eyeballs.

And my recollection is that someone said that Cisco does indeed help pay for advanced degrees.

ETA that link doesn't seem to work anymore. I'll see if News14 has it archived.

Hi FC, good posts and I'm sorry you went through such a tough time. I really feel what you went through was dealing with someone with a serious probelm than manifested itself in out of control spending. They truly are like addicts and protect their lifestyle at all costs.
I think the Coopers in their unhappy marriage where going in that direction also, only both of them where seeking solace in material things. It wasn't just NC, Brad contributed to the mounting debt also.
I think we need to look at a few things though. Brad was mainly an "introvert" when it came to Nancy's friends, he has a website called "The Amazing Adventures of Brad" where he posts all sorts of info about himself and pictures of him in various trips and social gatherings laughing and whooping it up, doesn't really seem introverted with those people.
He also spends a large amount of money on himself, I'm sure the MBA was not cheap, he drove a beemer, and what he spent on traveling and training for Ironman would greatly suprise you...the bikes they use alone can run around $8,000.00 ....that doesn't include the other gear and entry fees and travel to wherever, Arizona, California and then lodging and meals. Let alone the enormous time spent away form the family in training.
And I can't even go there on what he might have spent on other women that he had been seeing on the side.
SO they both were all tied up in this debt-go-round AND keeping up with the lifestyles of their peers.
And I do have to say, I've looked at a ton of pictures of Nancy and never saw her in anything that wasn't casual and somewhat reasonable in price. She didn't seem to flaunt.
I think their problems went beyond the money and there was deep trouble.
I do still feel BC exhibits classic narccisistic behavior.
However the most telling of all of this is that LE has been clear, they feel this is an isolated case and the residents of Cary have nothing to fear about a serial killer in their midst. I am going with their trained and experienced minds on this one.
And (so for such a long post) BC has yet to offer a reward for info or hiring his own investigator to solve this.

AGAIN..... Cisco paid for his MBA so that has nothing to do with it. He can EASILY prove who was buying what. For anyone to think that NC did not spend money is naive.

No, but I understand the tryst was with the man who lived across the street from Heather and Scott at their old house (around the corner from the Cooper's).

Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:53 AM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Re: Driving me nuts - the BMW in the driveway

Nancy, Heather and other ladies were very close friends. All went to the same hair stylist, nail shop, etc. Heather had an affair with Brad and then another of the friend's husband. The lady is now suing Heather for Alienaton of Affection. Do you know the name of the woman suing Heather?

K~

Does anyone know who this was? Maybe this will be a start for us anyway.

I live in Raleigh which is near Cary. The neighborhood Nancy lived in is an affluent area.

Here's the link and the quote:

SNIP

"I don't think any of us would be well dressed without Nancy Cooper. That was very important to her," Duncan said with a laugh. "And she would always compliment you on your outfit."

SNIP

See link for full news report.

And, I know plenty of people who make lots of money and still are debt up to their eyeballs.

And my recollection is that someone said that Cisco does indeed help pay for advanced degrees.

ETA that link doesn't seem to work anymore. I'll see if News14 has it archived.

Hopefully, this link will work: http://news14.com/Default.aspx?ArID=597471

This is what I mean. I know for fact Cisco did pay for his MBA yet you say I don't think Cisco helped.... After being told that Cisco does pay for them what makes you think they didn't for him?

Does anyone know who this was? Maybe this will be a start for us anyway.

So, someone on Strathburgh?

According to the plantiffs' affidavits, Heather & Scott lived across the street from the Fetterolfs. (Jennifer Fetterolf's affidavit #6).

Originally Posted by d99gr81
OK, here is some information for you guys that I found out last night. As I have said before I work with Cisco everyday as part of my job with a major tel com company. I have friends who work for Cisco. Brad Cooper was the highest paid CCIE of 2007. He makes over 160k and last year due to landing the AMEX account he received an additional 285,000 dollars in quarterly bonuses. So 445,000 dollars last year alone...thats how he has the money. He has money and if he did do this the motive was not money.

I have to totally disagree with that statement. IMO, you just gave us motive. $445,000 last yr alone..divorcing......how much was he going to lose? In the divorce then payments for years to come.

I have to totally disagree with that statement. IMO, you just gave us motive. $445,000 last yr alone..divorcing......how much was he going to lose? In the divorce then payments for years to come.

Kind of what I was thinking Christine - explosive motive ! There has to be a reason why in April Brad was willing to let the girls and Nancy go to Canada with no fight. He gets a draft separation ageement in mid April and studies the money involved and bam the passports disappear Nancy and the children are no longer free to leave, and on advice from his lawyer he starts playing super dad, not to mention after 8 years he decides to go through Cisco to help Nancy get a green card...heavy stuff indeed.

Kind of what I was thinking Christine - explosive motive ! There has to be a reason why in April Brad was willing to let the girls and Nancy go to Canada with no fight. He gets a draft separation ageement in mid April and studies the money involved and bam the passports disappear Nancy and the children are no longer free to leave, and on advice from his lawyer he starts playing super dad, not to mention after 8 years he decides to go through Cisco to help Nancy get a green card...heavy stuff indeed.

Everything can be looked at as a motive....no money..lots of money.. I want some hard facts which we have none. Everything is rumors and speculation. It's easy for people to talk as if he did it because many times it is the significant other. I for one wont take the easy route. I will assume innocent till proven guilty.

So, someone on Strathburgh?

According to the plantiffs' affidavits, Heather & Scott lived across the street from the Fetterolfs. (Jennifer Fetterolf's affidavit #6).

I'm not at all familiar with neighborhoods in Cary so please forgive. Is Strathburgh the street that Heather and Scott used to live on when they were married to each other?

ETA - I looked at the affidavits and I see the info. I have no clue wht the street name is.

Everything can be looked at as a motive....no money..lots of money.. I want some hard facts which we have none. Everything is rumors and speculation. It's easy for people to talk as if he did it because many times it is the significant other. I for one wont take the easy route. I will assume innocent till proven guilty.

Have at it. I've done my homework too and still disagree with you. You have claimed on numerous times Brad's affidavits are the truth, Nancy's friends are lying and Nancy herself lied but buddy place it in a time line even with what Brad's "truth" is and the writing appears on the wall. The money does matter.

I'm not at all familiar with neighborhoods in Cary so please forgive. Is Strathburgh the street that Heather and Scott used to live on when they were married to each other?

Yes, I looked up the street the Fetterolfs live on and see that Scott & Heather lived on Strathburgh until last year.

Have at it. I've done my homework too and still disagree with you. You have claimed on numerous times Brad's affidavits are the truth, Nancy's friends are lying and Nancy herself lied but buddy place it in a time line even with what Brad's "truth" is and the writing appears on the wall. The money does matter.

I never said either was a truth or lie. Don't put words in my mouth. I merely gave the FAIR outside the box look due to my own experiences. I have always stated WE DON'T KNOW. Yet some of you seem to know everything with out one shred of hard evidence.

Hard to do "Home work" with out hard evidence. Basically your homework has been on rumors and hear say and because you "KNOW" you have a conclusion that you think is right. I for one would dread having you on a jury.

Yes, I looked up the street the Fetterolfs live on and see that Scott & Heather lived on Strathburgh until last year.

Carolinalady you are just too fast for me. Did you find this info through tax records?

Everything is rumors and speculation.

Not entirely true...there are some facts that we are baseing our speculation on.

I for one, don't know if he did it or not. Stats say he did. IMO, there is defenitley motive, means, and op. here for Brad to be the killer...BUT, that just based on what we know.

Yes, speculate, that's what we do on a discussion board. We can only discuss what we know and posters will base their opinions on that.

BTW, I'm curious, Who do you think did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth