Forensic reports in

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Dr. Baden is privy to facts that have not been released thus far, he was explaining forensic science and was saying DNA can confirm who the daddy. He didn't say specifically in this case
Actually, he was specific to this case, and further said that the information is not being released. That comment wouldn't apply if he was speaking generically.

Fox is doing another segment in "three minutes" - let's see if they have Dr B up again.

This is a preliminary report and many more were done after this one guranteed. What this report says to me is that there was a dead body in the trunk (an oxygen deprived environment) and that body decomposed inside that trunk for up to three days according to the prelim. info. All 5 chemicals consistent with a "decomposition event" were present in the trunk, and animal remains were eliminated as the source...and an unusually large concentration of chloroform, far greater than is normally seen in human decomp...(pg 29) so-

she chloroformed her and she put her in the trunk.

What about the DNA from the paternity test, couldn't the results of Caylee's contribution be used?

Also I'm actually a little surprised the A's don't have a DNA sample from Caylee, our local FD and children's hospital did those all the time, I still have my daughters, they swab the cheek and snag a couple hairs and stick it in a container. One of those just in case and God forbid you ever need it things.

They probably do. But, I don't see CA giving any evidence to LE willingly.

What I find interesting is that based on the findings (from what I gathered and I am no expert and have never read anything like this before) if a body was in the trunk it was only there for a short time at the very start of the decomp stage.

Add this to what we do know... The smell was strong at the end of June....

If we think the decomp smell came from Calyee's body, why did the smell only get strong near the end of the month? Where was she before then? They were saying 2-3 days decomp for the trunk chemicals.

Would her being in there from the 16-18th or 19th continue to get worse (smell wise) and then cause her to abandon the car on the 26th or 27th?

It makes me wonder was Caylee alive longer than we may have thought? And if she was where was she?

Also they seem to say the decomp occured in a setting with little oxygen. Could Caylee have used up all the oxygen then died and started to decomp? Geez I hate even writing that. I never really thought you could suffocate in a trunk, but then again I never really thought too much about it.
-----------
We had a case here in Cleveland a couple of years ago where two little boys suffocated in their grams trunk.They were hiding and couldn't get out.If I remember right the family began to notice an odor.I'm sure any WS'er from the Cleveland area wlll remember this case.Story was in Plain Dealer for days..

Ok, he says about the 2.6 days. It appears as if this body was placed in the enclosed space of the trunk directly after death and left there in an unsealed container for 2 to 3 days per the test results. The body then could have remained in the enclosed space but was then placed in a recepticle to carry it, halting the decomp process on the fibers of the carpet in the trunk.

Many hairs were found, ONE with the death band/ The hair withthe death band also showed Chloroform in small traces. Interesting about the amout of Chloroform in the trunk, decomp DOES contain Chloroform but in miniscle amounts. With these results it shows someone had to have put pure choloroform in the trunk.

About the gasoline. It could only come in those levels if spilled or poured in the trunk, no way those vapors came from open containers, period. Which indicates to him that someone tried to clean with this agent.

The fact that there were 5 elements only found in human decomp is normal for this type of testing. Many of the agents WILL be similar to animals but will have other compounds that point to animal cadavers, NO other animal compounds were found, which concludes that this decomp can ONLY be human.

I asked abotu the sushi theroy so loved by some, he laughed at me. He said there is NO POSSIBLE way any of these compounds that point to human decomp come from fish, why do you think they compared it to a pig? The pig make-up is the closest to human found in the environment and NO OTHER pig elements were found ruling out a pig, where the hell do I get shushi from anyway? That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard (says him).

He also asked who *I* did in.... Nice.

He doesn't follow this case at all but said it's obvios to him that *whomever this Caylee is* she is dead, he body was in the car without being placed in any bag or anything for 2-3 days and choloroform was used either on her or in the trunk. Hair won't normally have cloroform in it even in trace amounts due to death so unless a trace amount was spilled on it it was chemically induced as in ingested prior to death, even more than once.

He said he'd like to see the fiber samples which would most likely contain skin samples from fluids that they can pull DNA from.

Ok, that's what I got before he had to leave.

Hope this helps!

Seems like no one read this really so I figured I'd bump it up.

My cousin is in his last year of school to be a forensic pathologist. This is how he read the report. Interesting to note that he said ANY report you give has to say "concludes" because NO science is 100%. He said the tests are conclusive and he'd love to see someone argue against them.

I went back to the June 18th timeline and it shows that the last call was to CA at 6:39 pm. the next call was at 8:30 am June 19th.

The 19th is the day that the shovel was borrowed from BB and KC backed into the garage.

yes, if you go into my profile it is in my ablum... riccardo deleted this from facebook july 16th...it was posted late may or early june by him

I dont think too much about pics & comments on a facebook or myspace account. I have made comments with Jeffry Dahmer's pic during Halloween time, and I have never eaten a corpse.

So, the DNA of the hair on the shovel does not match either Caylee or Casey. No latent prints.

But the DNA on the shovel.......someone help me with this, shows at least 2 of the numbers in Casey's column to be the same. Doesn't that then mean that the hair on the shovel is at least related to Casey?

-----------
We had a case here in Cleveland a couple of years ago where two little boys suffocated in their grams trunk.They were hiding and couldn't get out.If I remember right the family began to notice an odor.I'm sure any WS'er from the Cleveland area wlll remember this case.Story was in Plain Dealer for days..

I DO remember this now that you mention it! I moved to Pittsburgh last fall from Fairview Park, 5 minutes outside of Cleveland. The boys were hiding and were missing for a few days if IRC... It was very sad.

SNIPPED: "... Since I feel fairly certain about the above paragraph being true, any entymology reports would likely be withheld until trial. These can be potentially damning test results...."

They cannot be "withheld until trial," as the defense is entitled to discover them IF it asks properly.

Fox relating Dr Baden's theory that there is enough evidence to say that Caylee's dead body was in the trunk because of the DNA match between the hair on her hairbrush and the hair from a decomposing body found in the trunk.

No Dr B this time.

Has anyone checked the cell pings yet for 2.6 days out?

16th-19th She & Tony looking at apts.

Hey, did anyone else notice this from the Body Farm report?

Page 2 (1st paragraph re: air samples taken):

“An MSDS sheet, listing the ingredients of BlueStar, was obtained and evaluated by a chemist ... His conclusion was that the components of the product could not have contributed to the chemical signature obtained in these analyses.”

Page 8 (1st paragraph, re: estimating post-mortem interval from inorganic elements):

“The low concentration of sodium also indicates almost no contribution to the sample from the BlueStar product.”

WTH is BlueStar? Just wondering ...

OK, so what happened to the 'stain' in the trunk that was 'suspicious'??? This report doesn't prove much! I hope they have something more than this!! I am flabberghasted. Doesn't seem to be much evidence at all except for 1 hair that 'may' be Caylee's that 'might' come from a decomposed body. Who could convict on this? wow. It makes me sick!

I believe ONE hair is enough to convict. The stain appears to be in the trunk, maybe covered with gasoline? Appears someone was trying to clean/cover-up.

I dont think too much about pics & comments on a facebook or myspace account. I have made comments with Jeffry Dahmer's pic during Halloween time, and I have never eaten a corpse.

except jg said in his le interview that kc lived and reported her life on facebook for all to know

It said all under separate reports. There are many things which were not released according to this report.

:waitasec: I'm just saying I've seen forensics where the testing of samples is combined in the same report. (Obviously wasn't done here though.)

They cannot be "withheld until trial," as the defense is entitled to discover them IF it asks properly.

Yes, Chez, and one would have to make a concerted effort to screw up the request which triggers discovery.:rolleyes:

Interesting to note that he said ANY report you give has to say "concludes" because NO science is 100%. He said the tests are conclusive and he'd love to see someone argue against them.

i was just going to say this...no science is 100% thereforw you NEVER get 100% matches on ANY DNA testing. but once the experts get on the stand and explain the process a jury would understand better.

while this report released today was interesting...its really nothing that we "didnt already know" - and i am one to believe that it was released perhaps to help CA & GA come to terms with the fact that its "80% likely" that little Caylee is gone. i think they may be using the media to try and get thru to the A's...JMHO

Seems like no one read this really so I figured I'd bump it up.

My cousin is in his last year of school to be a forensic pathologist. This is how he read the report. Interesting to note that he said ANY report you give has to say "concludes" because NO science is 100%. He said the tests are conclusive and he'd love to see someone argue against them.

I read it, and appreciated it! Smart individual! thank him for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3