Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - I did a search on "littlesheric" and the first thing that popped up was her utube channel. And this strange video and remark:

littlesheric uploaded a new video (4 months ago)

Extreme Hunting
Brad shot this deer with a bow and when he tracked it he realized he for... more Brad shot this deer with a bow and when he tracked it he realized he forgot his knife when he found the buck lying on the ground still alive...so after a bit of a struggle he chocked it to death! less

and then I re-looked up "Brad"

The family also is survived by: Sheri Coleman's parents, Donald Weiss of Clearwater, Fla., and Angela DeCiceo, of La Grange Park; Sheri Coleman's brother, Mario Weiss, of La Grange; Chris Coleman's parents, the Rev. Ronald and Connie Coleman, of Chester; Chris Coleman's brothers, Bradley (Jennifer) Coleman, of Chester, and Keith (Emily) Coleman, of Rogers, Ark.; and nieces, nephews, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins. :eek:

Someone needs to make sure the MCS is aware of this.

ETA - I called it in. The detective that talked to me was very interested and took down all the information, and then read it all back to me. Thanked me and the person who found this.

ETA - I called it in. The detective that talked to me was very interested and took down all the information, and then read it all back to me. Thanked me and the person who found this.

I am so glad you called this in,you never know it could be something that helps.

I've been watching this case and thread for the past few days and avoided making further comments since I originally said I didn't know who could have done this crime. Of course, after watching these cases unfold, one after the other over the years, you quite often form an opinion from the onset. This case is no different.

I must tell you, that video linked above is very unsettling. When I began watching it, I wasn't really concentrating but then I realized just exactly what the guy was doing. Seriously, it was sickening. That beautiful animal and they're sitting there laughing as they're strangling it? OMG!

Medusa, thank you for calling it in. Every little bit of background information helps to solve the crime. Crimes are like a big puzzle and all the pieces need to be there. One never knows what critical link they could have that leads to the solving of a mystery. Sometimes it's just knowing the 'attitude' of a person that isn't normally displayed. It all adds up.

It's interesting that LE isn't out now asking if anyone in the public saw anything. No, they're asking people who knew the Colemans to come forward.

I also see that the husband is at his parents home. No one would speak to the media. Doesn't really matter though. Of course we love to get an opportunity to critique the interviews of family members in our quest to figure out a mystery. But,........I believe we may have seen enough already. Now it's just up to LE to fit everything together.

I hate these cases. It's bad enough when a young wife and mother is killed. But the children too? Why?

It makes my heart hurt.

:(
JMHO
fran

Thanks! I got called away to dinner. Could be just a creepy coincidence, or not. . . And it appears that Brad is a part time cop - who would also know how ghastly things are done.

http://www.chesterill.com/index.php?id=70

Now, I wonder if one brother would cover for the other? Could Chris have been gone all night and come home to the debacle? And left again? Could it have been Brad and Sheri doing the yelling?

Thanks! I got called away to dinner. Could be just a creepy coincidence, or not. . . And it appears that Brad is a part time cop - who would also know how ghastly things are done.

http://www.chesterill.com/index.php?id=70

Now, I wonder if one brother would cover for the other? Could Chris have been gone all night and come home to the debacle? And left again? Could it have been Brad and Sheri doing the yelling?

Really makes you wonder.That film was creepy he seemed to really enjoy what he was doing.

It appears Chester is about an hour and a half away from Columbia. I wonder how strongly Chris and Brad resemble each other. The video was dark but Brad sure resembled Chris to me. I would speculate that the camera operator is Chris. . . either that or Sheri was a little strange, , , I remember reading something about her "sense of humor.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=207+P...T-Bg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

Also, I wonder what Brad does when he's not a part time policeman?

It appears Chester is about an hour and a half away from Columbia. I wonder how strongly Chris and Brad resemble each other. The video was dark but Brad sure resembled Chris to me. I would speculate that the camera operator is Chris. . . either that or Sheri was a little strange, , , I remember reading something about her "sense of humor.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=207+P...T-Bg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

When I first watched the video I thought it was chris.They look alot alike to me.This is just a horrible situation my heart breaks for Sheri 's family to lose their beautiful daughter and both of their adorable grandchildren.I keep looking waiting for an arrest.

via the back roads, it maybe an hour.

Wow Lindadanette, that's some interesting info you found there! Your post count indicates you are a bit of a lurker. You definitely need to stop lurking and join in more often!

Wow Lindadanette, that's some interesting info you found there! Your post count indicates you are a bit of a lurker. You definitely need to stop lurking and join in more often!

Thanks! :blushing:

Great sleuthing, Lindadanette~ I agree with Suzi...no more lurking for you...you are hired!! :clap::clap:

Thanks for calling it in, Medusa~ :thumb: It is a good idea for them to be aware of their idea of "fun". I found it very unnerving.

The film is disturbing under the circumstances, but I wonder how people who hunt perceive it? I know most of us could not relate to killing an animal in such a way, but we are talking about men who are adept at taking a gun, shooting the animal, and then "dressing it out". Any hunters or anyone have a hunter hubby we could get an opinion from here?

Great sleuthing, Lindadanette~ I agree with Suzi...no more lurking for you...you are hired!! :clap::clap:

Thanks for calling it in, Medusa~ :thumb: It is a good idea for them to be aware of their idea of "fun". I found it very unnerving.

The film is disturbing under the circumstances, but I wonder how people who hunt perceive it? I know most of us could not relate to killing an animal in such a way, but we are talking about men who are adept at taking a gun, shooting the animal, and then "dressing it out". Any hunters or anyone have a hunter hubby we could get an opinion from here?

This was my first thought, SS. Of course, I am glad it was discovered by Lindanette and called in by Medusa, but it could be seen as putting the deer out of his misery and as you point out, these men are experienced hunters - they want to kill the animal.

I'm not a hunter, but I am a fisher. My SIL can't even watch me take a fish off a hook without thinking I am cruel and unusual.

My son is a hunter and I asked him about this. First he said a hunter should never be caught without a knife on him. Then he asked, didn't anyone else there have one or a gun or another arrow? He said you have to put the animal down once it's been shot, but he's never ever heard of anyone having to strangle one. I have to agree with that. Grew up with a bunch of hunters and never heard of any of them resorting to strangling an animal they shot with a bow.

Since it was bow season, if they get caught shooting the animal...isn't that considered illegal? Evidently, it is considered "poaching" and is illegal. They are not even allowed to carry a gun during bow season to the field. It is also illegal to leave an animal wounded. Most commented that another arrow should be used to finish it.

Waste of Game: A reasonable effort must be made to retrieve all wounded game birds and game animals and they must be killed immediately and become a part of the legal bag limit.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080430150308AAINSGK

My son is a hunter and I asked him about this. First he said a hunter should never be caught without a knife on him. Then he asked, didn't anyone else there have one or a gun or another arrow? He said you have to put the animal down once it's been shot, but he's never ever heard of anyone having to strangle one. I have to agree with that. Grew up with a bunch of hunters and never heard of any of them resorting to strangling an animal they shot with a bow.

Something else that bothered me was the comment that someone made (on one of the video sites) stating they hoped that the deer had been shot hours before, because bow and arrow hunting is illegal after dark. . . Who knows, they could have been tracking the injured deer for a long time and the video is just a disgusting bit of trivia - but it's disturbing too! Especially if they were hunting after hours, after dark, breaking the law and enjoying the kill. I find it hard to reconcile.

Maybe the myspace is another Sheri's and that Brad has nothing to do with Christopher Coleman (me, wishful thinking)

Hello SuziQ,

Lindanette is correct, do yourself a favor and don't even think about watching that video.

While I might be able to "reach" and excuse certain things in that video because of a past event wherein I thought I could be a "stiff upper lipped we have to eat, tough it out" farm wife -- just maybe one person acts one way when facing their own failure at being immediately humane in their task, while another acts another (clumsily, nervously, stupidly) -- I just can't imagine anyone "OK'ing" a filming or reshowing of such an event.

I would like to think that this youtube video had nothing to do with this family, but I'm not sure that I can get away from that. My guess is that this video was forced there by someone who didn't have the technical ability to put it there, but forced it there.

W

That is exactly what my husband said when I showed it to him. Regarding what hunters might think, I noticed there were a number of similar videos, so, maybe they don't think much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura