WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jennifer, I had never heard that, that Lindsay's scent was found up at the water tower.

Gee, I wonder what she was doing up there? Kind of odd, don't you think. It would be hard to trapse through the set of woods south of her house to get there, so think she would have to have been driven there. That is unless there is a good path system theu those woods. Looking down on the woods it is very deceiving because of the distance and underbrush, etc.

I wonder if LE has spent any time up there nosing around?

Have you heard of any other special search areas they have concentrated on?

xox

PS: Great map BTW. I think I even see the Mullin house on 6th. He just bought that house. Is there any talk about where he came from or if he has lived in McCleary very long. He could have just moved down the street ;}

I hadn't heard about the scent being up at the water towers either. I just posted a quick picture I grabbed from Google maps to show where they were.

Around here it's not rare for kids (mid teens/young adults, I can call them kids since I'm 40. lol) to run around in the woods, drive the logging roads (lots of party spots up there for the teens), hunt, fish, just hang out. I don't know that Lindsey spent any time up there.. I don't recall any reports saying she did.

I have not heard where exactly they have searched. I just know they covered "McCleary" very well. No clue what their definition of "McCleary" is. I'm not even sure where the city limits are. But I'm sure they've searched the area.

I haven't heard him mentioned except on these forums (besides the original video talking about them searching his property).

Lots of houses are selling in our area. The housing market is booming if you are a buyer.. sellers, the poor things, are losing a lot of money. So its no surprise that he just bought the house. More than likely he picked it up super cheap.

What if she had made it past and turned onto Mommesen then someone was blocking her from going home? Would the bridge come into play then to get away?

ETA: Last bridge question, I swear! LOL

Because i didn't go across the bridge or up mommsen i'm not sure

What if she had made it past and turned onto Mommesen then someone was blocking her from going home? Would the bridge come into play then to get away?

ETA: Last bridge question, I swear! LOL

If she was blocked on Mommesen.. I guess it would be possible but I would think she'd head to the Shell before running into the park. (jmo)

See, my big thing about questioning all the new residents to the area is the fact that the locals really don't "know" them. Maybe the kids have said hi... u know how kids can be when someone new moves into the neighborhood. JM for instance looks to have just bought that property in May and yet those kids were all over swimming in that creek on his property. They didn't know him...neither did the families... not in just a months time...of course, that's just my opinion.

what is the address for JMs house?

PS: Great map BTW. I think I even see the Mullin house on 6th. He just bought that house. Is there any talk about where he came from or if he has lived in McCleary very long. He could have just moved down the street ;}

I know he has previously been in Oregon and in Elma, surrounding areas. Am trying to find how long he has been in McCleary, although my mind is running in so many directions now, I think I need to just take a xanax and sleep, lol.
Anyone wanna venture what relationship oops is to him (wife maybe), and oops as well...am thinking son. Will have to pursue those avenues, um, tomorrow :)

See, my big thing about questioning all the new residents to the area is the fact that the locals really don't "know" them. Maybe the kids have said hi... u know how kids can be when someone knew moves into the neighborhood. JM for instance looks to have just bought that property in May and yet those kids were all over swimming in that creek on his property. They didn't know him...neither did the families... not in just a months time...of course, thats just my opinion.
Excellent point.

The 'Assisted Living Home Story​

Ok so i'm just above 6th & Maple taking pictures. An elderly <person> <appears> in a friendly manor (which is a +) and asks if I knew if anyone had opened/searched the vacant retirement apartments.

<this person> also commented that <they> thought half the town had keys.

I said i have no idea but thanks & i'll go ask the staff. (hot as hell, told <this person> to go back inside)

So i walk into the retirement center & shoot off the question, two seconds later & i duno how many times i was asked -> 'who are you' rudely & excessively+

While their 'tune changed a little bit for the better ~toward the end.. quite frankly two of (female) staff members were very f'ing rude.

Hate to say it but possibly more-so then d-ward.

I told them repeatedly that i was 'just a concerned citizen' and they accepted this as if it would be the only acceptable answer. (& reason to do this)

It was only the fact that it was a good idea that saved me. 'Suddenly' one of the females was a converted tag-along (not literally) to the idea+

Talk about a barrier.

No one had checked the vacant apts on maple.

Also: i was asked at least 3 times 'WHO' (demand-ish) asked me to ask this. I never told them (with good reason imo) but they may have figured it out.

IMO, do not send your family here.

So i go along w/this guy (i dont have names of anyone, i don't dare ask) to start popping open the vacants.

First one we walk into multiple latex glove sets laying around on the floor & a wheelchair. Pretty obvious this hadn't been cracked open since a death.

he says "Hmm looks like this hasn't been cleaned" - Yeah really?

There was one w/some construction that (at first glance) looked like it had blood drops on the (kitchen) floor but i accepted 'stain' as the answer (from him) given the kitchen/work

Anyways pretty uneventful ...

i think we opened & went through 4.

However one of them had a front door that was just coming off the hinges, literally. I don't think it could be locked.

This being on Maple.. & 6th.. and no one opening them was a bit concerning.

- He said the brown ones/building is being remodeled.

UPDATED: Search for missing McCleary girl ramps up
11:00 PM PDT on Friday, July 3, 2009
<snipped>
Investigators searching for a missing 10-year-old girl hope someone’s habits will help them find her.

Investigators hope to speak with someone who always stops in McCleary on Friday nights for a beer, or who works out of town during the week and has not been available to investigators.

“It’s going to look like a police convention is in town,” said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Undersheriff Scott said after Friday night’s increased patrols, the police presence in McCleary will drop off, mostly because of the Fourth of July holiday weekend.

Detectives said it’s possible the girl ran away, but after almost six days, they said it’s more likely she was abducted, perhaps by someone she knew.

VIDEO: Big push to find missing McCleary girl
http://www.nwcn.com/video/featured-index.html?nvid=377287

VIDEO: Search for McCleary girls goes into overdrive
http://www.nwcn.com/video/featured-index.html?nvid=377228

SLIDESHOW: Photos of missing McCleary girl
http://www.king5.com/perl/common/slideshow/sspop.pl?recid=17217&nextimage=0

Article:
http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_070309WAB-mccleary-KS.5459255.html

:angel:

If another forum is posting things from here with credit given, of course :)...can I bring a really good map and post it here with proper credit?

According to the assessors page, JM owns three lots all together (two probably have the creek running through them so they can't be built on)

I'm wondering if he bought the house recently or refinanced it for a lower interest rate.

Maybe the nursing center didn't give them permission to go look into those rooms without a SW. See what a "civilian" can get accomplished!! WTG!

Did you happen to report to LE these rooms were missed completely? I think I would advise them at least that you "cleared" the ones you were in and let them check out the others. Since it is in the target area of where she was last seen...it is ridiculous they didn't search them...unless they were unaware they were left empty.

Hi Misatavon, Did you post the tax assessors record last night? Somehow I thought you did. Last night reading it I wrote the address down. I just knew this would be brought up again. LOLOLOLOL So since we are not supposed to put addresses here I'll say it is 6 blocks down closer to Hwy 8 than your address and keep the 20 there! I did notice there are not 8 blocks S of Simpson, but we have already agreed their numbering is screwy.

I see his house on Jennifer's map. It is the last one down on 6th I believe. And there is one house north of it in that block. Seems perdaneer perfect to me, but of course I could always be wrong!!!!!

scandi, the address you have is incorrect.

mistivons is correct

I bet that bar really appreciated this. I also bet it looked like a ghost town in ye ole towne tavern last night, too! LOL "Hey, Joe...let's go grab a beer in McCleary since we know for a fact we will be stopped and questioned about the missing girl after we have been drinking!" :rolleyes:

Investigators hope to speak with someone who always stops in McCleary on Friday nights for a beer, or who works out of town during the week and has not been available to investigators.

&#8220;It&#8217;s going to look like a police convention is in town,&#8221; said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_070309WAB-mccleary-KS.5459255.html

I can't imagine the LEs not searching all of the Beehives buildings.

Maybe the staff didn't know it had been searched because they weren't at work at the time. I don't know.. but it sounds fishy that they didn't search it (not saying you are making it up or anyhthing jvk. I just thing you talked to some of the bigger idiots that work there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote