WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll second that Jennifer. Truly amazing group of people. But I feel the same way about all of you that I met.

Seems like we're all old friends already. Just a group of people coming together to help find this little girl and we all care. And that's exactly what Lindsey needs.

See you tomorrow!

I have to chime in there too. It does seem like we were a group of old friends. While searching today I really got a chance to speak to each one of the other searchers and what a great group of people they were. From the coordinators to the fellow searchers, what a kind and giving group they all were. If any of you that could not make it have any doubts about joining in, don't because all of these people are great to work with. Jen and Breanna were a pleasure to meet. I even got to shake Mikeb's hand and personally thank him from all of us for his efforts. He literally does lean out and snap those photos!

Just wanted to say one thing about the LEs and lack of suspects.

we are dealing with small town America here. Everyone knows everyone (or possibly related in some way) so LEs could be keeping tight lips.

I found out just how small this world actually is today when my son and daughter in law came to help search.

KK and my daughter in law knew each other. KK dated my DILs uncle for many years and KK helped take care of my DILs great grandmother when she was ill. (he was investigated via us and SM a long time ago because he was/is on KKs myspace page- I had no idea it was my DILs uncle as I've never met him. I knew the name was the same but I thought maybe it was just a weird coincidence)

Anyway that kind of put it into perspective today just how small this world is. I can understand why the LEs are being quiet if they have someone in mind or are watching several "someones".

Hey boon, there was 1 WS searcher in that video, yes. Can't tell you who it was because they threatened to cut my tongue out... ok, it was the tongues of my shoes, but hey... that was enough! :crazy:

I can be seen where the reporter is talking to MB and Marc. I was using the copier and didn't know they were right by the door or I would have waited. LOL

I avoided the cameras today like the plague.

Oh, I am so glad you stopped by to fill us in, Cyber!! I know you guys must be exhausted.

It is great you got to meet Jen, Brianna, and Mike. At least some WSers were given a chance to get together for a bit. Always good news since we do share a common goal here. :) Happy to hear that JVK was out and on the ball today, too. Looks like we were well represented! Woohoo! WTG, WSers!! :woohoo:

Are they doing searches tomorrow or was the turnout too low today? I just think Saturday would be better for working people.

I didn't really expect to hear they had much on this case, Cyber. It is why I am so glad that KlaasKids and Laura Recovery are there. It helps renew the public's interest and gets her name out even if nothing is found. Remember...finding nothing means there is always a chance she is still alive, too!

Hugs to all of the searchers and in particular our WSers!! Job Well Done!!

Exactly SS, as long as we don't find anything that would suggest she is dead, we can still hope she is still alive. That is how I felt today. Many people have the same theory that she was either taken a short distance by a local, someone that knew her, and dumped or that she was picked up by someone passing through and is a long ways from here with the chance she is still alive.

I can be seen where the reporter is talking to MB and Marc. I was using the copier and didn't know they were right by the door or I would have waited. LOL

Sorry Jen, I missed that. I was watching the video for searchers. :doh:

you all look like angels to me :angel:

does anyone know, will searches continue after this weekend?

Klaaskids and LRC are leaving Monday, I believe.

Any searches after they leave will have to be done privately. KK was talking today that she is glad that these foundations are here to teach the community how to run searches. She hopes they have more in the near future. I know I would be willing to help out.

Something else that was being discussed was fundraisers. I think we need to all put our heads together to come up with ideas on fundraisers that can help.

Maybe after the searches are over I'll have more time to post about that. But in the mean time if you guys get bored and have ideas maybe you could start a thread and post them.

I know how to get in touch with KK or MB if we come up with something and we want to let them know.

Sorry Jen, I missed that. I was watching the video for searchers. :doh:

King5 asked to interview me today. Uh.. no. The camera adds ten pounds and I don't need 10 more. LOL

in the photos JVK took at the meeting last night, there is a man in the 4th photo, standing off to the right hand side of the photo. Does anyone know who this person is? Sorry, I don't know how to bring the photo over. I would really like to know who he is.

in the photos JVK took at the meeting last night, there is a man in the 4th photo, standing off to the right hand side of the photo. Does anyone know who this person is? Sorry, I don't know how to bring the photo over. I would really like to know who he is.

Nope, didn't get his name and he wasn't there today for the search.

Klaaskids and LRC are leaving Monday, I believe.

Any searches after they leave will have to be done privately. KK was talking today that she is glad that these foundations are here to teach the community how to run searches. She hopes they have more in the near future. I know I would be willing to help out.

Something else that was being discussed was fundraisers. I think we need to all put our heads together to come up with ideas on fundraisers that can help.

Maybe after the searches are over I'll have more time to post about that. But in the mean time if you guys get bored and have ideas maybe you could start a thread and post them.

I know how to get in touch with KK or MB if we come up with something and we want to let them know.

Jen once this weekends searches are over, will we be able to share with the forum what we found and show on a map what was searched?

I don't believe so. It goes into the "ongoing investigation" mode, I think. ;)

In the briefing I got today, no one said we couldn't talk about where we searched or what we found. I have edited my post and I tried to contact Jen to edit the quote she made from that post of mine, but I think she signed out for the night. Can we get a moderator to edit the second paragraph of post 163? I just removed it on my original post. Thanks.

I just removed the quoted post in #163.

Thank you! I didn't make the first meeting on Thursday, and I am sure they covered that there, but it wasn't mentioned today during our briefing or debriefing, most likely because those people were doing this for the first time and overlooked that thinking it had already been covered. I incorrectly assumed since this wasn't an official LE search, we could talk about where we were and what we found.

Ok, been a long day, gonna sign off.

Go get some rest, Cyber~ You are OK. You worked hard today and must be exhausted.

If they didn't cover it today, it wasn't your fault and they will need to remember to cover it for people who were not present at the meeting. No worries, Buddy!

Was my post already taken care of cyber?

Sorry, my husband came home and we were calling people to head to the search tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blue's Clues