Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The friends part is kind of weird, but I'm not sure we're getting the whole story so I'll withhold judgment until we hear something.

I hate to say it, but I think something bad happened to Morgan because why else would the battery have been removed from her phone? It's just too suspicious for my liking. The meeting-up-with-someone theory seems more likely to me, but then scalpers can be pretty creepy people. But does creepy equal dangerous? I have no idea what the situation was at the arena.

Also, I just wanted to add that I'm much older than Morgan and my parents have the passwords to all of my online accounts, such as e-mail, Facebook, Hotmail, online banking, etc. This is my decision because I have a terrible, terrible memory. I could just create a basic document with all the information on my computer, but I trust my parents not to delve into my business. I consider myself pretty "transparent" as well.

I still think this goes back to her meeting someone, and for some reason the family and the friends don't want to disclose this? Why? What is so embarrassing about meeting another friend unless we are talking possible boyfriend who might not pass parents approval?

I guess the part about why she went outside is bothering me the most along with why the girls didn't report her missing that night. And now that it appears that something bad happened (the purse) they should tell it. I don't believe that they dont know why she left the arena.

Morgan waited 6 months for that concert, I highly doubt she would throw her ticket out. So I wonder where it was? In her purse? And if so, she most certainly could get back in. I have a feeling she met someone out in front and either knew him, or was all but carried away. mho

If she was meeting someone, LE has her cell. Hopefully this persons number is on it.

Thanks. YEs, she could have bought the cheapest seat and then gone back to her original seat.

But as someone here said, maybe it wasnt the concert she was looking forward to, but the who would be there to meet her... in a another city. I can see that as being concocted by a 20 year old as a romantic and "fun." If it were someone she met online... omg.... surely not. But wouldnt she have confided in the "sisters?" if that were the case? They need to check her computer if they haven't already.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=162224546575&v=wall&ref=search#

Check the comments by Dave Gardner; looks like the friends went back to her car and hung around a while, so at first blush it seems like they expected to find her there. So why did they leave without her, with her car unprotected in the lot unless they had some idea she was safe and accounted for??

C6

But the other weird part (among many) is that the friend said that Morgan called saying that she couldn't get back in. If the friend's telling the truth, then Morgan WANTED to get back in.... which sort of makes me lean away from the "met someone" thing (which I still think is very plausible)... UNLESS

Unless we are correct about the meeting-someone theory and she went out to meet him, and he wasn't what he had claimed to be. Iow maybe things weren't appealing, so she wanted to abort that rendevous plan, leave the dude, and go back in. She couldnt get back in... and maybe HE didn't want the "date" to be over b/c she WAS what she claimed to be and even more beautiful. Some people use misleading photos and stretch the truth in online dating situations. (not saying that's what it was - just putting it out there)

If that were the case tho, hypothetically, maybe he misrepresented himself and she was turned off and wanted to politely bow out; But she is clearly gorgeous and maybe he didn't want it to be over? IDK Im pulling straws.

But the other weird part (among many) is that the friend said that Morgan called saying that she couldn't get back in. If the friend's telling the truth, then Morgan WANTED to get back in.... which sort of makes me lean away from the "met someone" thing (which I still think is very plausible)... UNLESS

Unless we are correct about the meeting-someone theory and she went out to meet him, and he wasn't what he had claimed to be. Iow maybe things weren't appealing, so she wanted to abort that rendevous plan, leave the dude, and go back in. She couldnt get back in... and maybe HE didn't want the "date" to be over b/c she WAS what she claimed to be and even more beautiful. Some people use misleading photos and stretch the truth in online dating situations. (not saying that's what it was - just putting it out there)

If that were the case tho, hypothetically, maybe he misrepresented himself and she was turned off and wanted to politely bow out; But she is clearly gorgeous and maybe he didn't want it to be over? IDK Im pulling straws.

Where was her ticket?

Another very possible scenario. I think because of the fact it's been stated she had the concert tickets on her fridge for 6 months, was VERY excited to go, etc. and then figured out she couldn't get back in before the show started, she would've done whatever it took to get back in (buying from scalpers like I mentioned earlier, or your theory of being lured) and that's what's so scary.

Also, as I live just north of Roanoke, I must say it was unseasonably cold this past weekend, and if she didn't have a jacket/coat on - an hour outside would have been really crappy - and to think of two or three hours of waiting - well I would have to believe she tried to get ahold of someone for help in that situation.

Are there any coffee shops in close proximity? Some place she thought she could safely take shelter for a while til the concert was over? Maybe she ran into an acquaintance from school or someone from high school?

Unless we are correct about the meeting-someone theory and she went out to meet him, and he wasn't what he had claimed to be. Iow maybe things weren't appealing, so she wanted to abort that rendevous plan, leave the dude, and go back in. She couldnt get back in.........

There's about 1 1/2 hours between when she left her friends and when reported trying to re-enter. So if she didn't like what she met after spending some face time, she at least got away long enough to try to get back in, and then it gets hazy.

C6

Also, as I live just north of Roanoke, I must say it was unseasonably cold this past weekend, and if she didn't have a jacket/coat on - an hour outside would have been really crappy - and to think of two or three hours of waiting - well I would have to believe she tried to get ahold of someone for help in that situation.

Are there any coffee shops in close proximity? Some place she thought she could safely take shelter for a while til the concert was over? Maybe she ran into an acquaintance from school or someone from high school?

bbm

Good catch on the weather btw.

Locals, what's the word on the near-by coffee shops and the like? McDonald's.. anything?

Was she originally from that area? (IDK - just asking)

tia

There's about 1 1/2 hours between when she left her friends and when reported trying to re-enter. So if she didn't like what she met after spending some face time, she at least got away long enough to try to get back in, and then it gets hazy.

C6
Ooh that's a good catch too. So she didnt got to the restroom... go outside (for whatever reason) and immediately (or soon - a few minutes) try to get back in.

So if she didnt' call the friends inside for an hour and a half after she left to go to the restroom, the friends had to have been wondering what happened to her for all that time.

How long was the concert and what time did Metallica go on? Anyone know?

She only called them once right? To say that she wanted to get back in and she couldn't, and that was around 10PM. This seems significant to me. I mean, if she were sick, or having a a ciggy, or intending to do fill-in-the-blank whatever for a few minutes, she would have gone right back in, or rather tried to, and likely would have called RIGHT THEN. So why the (almost) hour and a half lapse?

I did a search and here's the coffee shops near the stadium (which is the green arrow)
2nsotiq.jpg

Looks like the closest one is "E" which is the Fox Park Coffee Bar. The "A" is Starbucks (also nearby)

Kant - I am from the area also and there is a shopping center with Taco Bell and McDs in it plus a lot of stores. It is about three blocks From the arena. There is a restaurant onthe opposite direction and a small gas station. It is right on UVAs campus so it is a really busy area. There are always lots of cars and people (students) walking.

I always see lots of police when concerts are going on so I'm really shocked that this happened. I always felt safe at events there.

I still can't figure out with any good logic of why her battery was taken from her phone and why her purse was left in the parking lot.

Why not take the phone apart and take the stuff and dump that stuff elsewhere??? The phone wasn't going to be trackable and why leave stuff with potential prints for someone to find???

And in what area of the parking lot was her purse found? Was it near where the car she was in was parked? Or was it elsewhere?

I think more of a "roadie" theory is possible... Sounds like someone with the band or who didn't have a vehicle. Could she be somewhere in the JPJ arena??? - Just like the girl from the college a few months ago or the cleaning lady in NY who was in a vent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member