Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in one breath he says they KNEW they would NOT meet up with her.

Then, he goes on to say they were AWARE they MAY NOT meet up with her.

So which is it? :waitasec:

This weird.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11336143

"Lt. Joe Rader of the state police says friends knew they would NOT be meeting up with Morgan after the concert.

"Everything we have is consistent with they were aware they may not meet up with her after the concert and friends were aware that because they did not meet up with her after the concert, there was no need for immediate alarm," says Lt. Rader.

What's known for sure is Morgan called her friends from outside the arena about 8:30 Saturday night. "

Police say the last confirmed sighting of Harrington came about an hour later."

Who had the last sighting? A friend? Was she in a picture? How was it confirmed that it was her?

This weird.

My thoughts exactly....:waitasec:

I'll go ahead & start it & than PM a mod to lock this one after I start it!

I'll post the new link here when I's ready! :wink:

:angel:

I like Mike Galanos, but why do these interviewers NOT ask the obvious follow-up questions? SHEESH. It is so dang IRRITATING.

LIke he asked, "What did Sarah say?" (Sarah was at the concert)

Gil: "Sarah said that Morgan called and said that she was outside and couldn't get back in and that she would get a ride."

Why didn't Galanos ask, "Get a ride with WHOM ?" DID SARAH ASK with whom she would "get a ride?" My God that seems so freakin OBVIOUS - especially when out of town. I mean it's not like you're down the street from your home and could get a quick cab or have all your hometown contacts handy.

Gil: "She sees herself as a big grownup woman." Well, she's 20 and a Jr in college living in an apt off compus. She is an adult.

OK y'all can heave tomaters at me, but it struck me weird that Gil said about Morgan, "She's gonna have some 'splainin' to do" ....'SPLAININ' ?... like Ricki Ricardo? Maybe she is in shock or denial, but that seemed so strange to me.

Not strange that she has hope that her daughter is coming back. Not strange that at the idea of Morgan having simply run off and terrified everyone and that Gil would, of course, expect an explanation. It wasn't either of those things. It was how she said it; "She's gonna have some 'splainin' to do."

Also, someone here suggested that we note not only what the parents and LE say, but also what they don't say. Galanos asked Dan about the ATM card activity and if LE had taken her computer. Dan said, "That is part of the investigation, so I'll refer you to them [LE] for that."

Another weird thing for me in Angel Who Cares' video clip (thanks for that, AWC, BTW) - another weird thing for me was when Gil said, "Did someone put their arm around her and hustle her outside?" (implying against her will) Well, she called the friend from outside and didn't mention getting hustled or forced outside against her will. So that remark would only make sense if the "call" were actually a text (vs a call where they spoke) and that Morgan was not the sender of the text. Or perhaps Gil meant "lured" outside in such a way that she didn't feel threatened.

Some things are just missing. Someone here mentioned, if she planned to meet a dude in lieu of the concert, why go inside at all?

And I know this is totally subjective, but she is unusually beautiful. Galanos asked about a possible boyfriend. Gil said, "She really has had few boyfriends... few steady relationships." Why? She's gorgeous; she is personable. She has at least 8 close girlfriends who they call, "The Nine" who have been friends for years indicating that she is personable and social. (iow, not anti-scoail or loner or nutbar) I cant help but wonder if the parents frown on the subject of boyfriends (whether overtly or covertly)

So if we go with that boyfriend theory for a second, why meet him at C'ville then? She has an apt. She doesn't live at home, so the 'rents (aka parents) presumably cant know her every move if she were trying to get some romantic time in or an over-nighter or whatever. Why meet him there? (if that's what happened.)

*sigh*

This weird.

the first one is in the words of the reporter (whoever posted it here accidently added a " the part that says they knew they may not meet up with her is a direct quote from the Lt. thats what i would go with.

I like Mike Galanos, but why do these interviewers NOT ask the obvious follow-up questions? SHEESH. It is so dang IRRITATING.

LIke he asked, "What did Sarah say?" (Sarah was at the concert)

Gil: "Sarah said that Morgan called and said that she was outside and couldn't get back in and that she would get a ride."

Why didn't Galanos ask, "Get a ride with WHOM ?" DID SARAH ASK with whom she would "get a ride?" My God that seems so freakin OBVIOUS - especially when out of town. I mean it's not like you're down the street from your home and could get a quick cab or have all your hometown contacts handy.

Gil: "She sees herself as a big grownup woman." Well, she's 20 and a Jr in college living in an apt off compus. She is an adult.

OK y'all can heave tomaters at me, but it struck me weird that Gil said about Morgan, "She's gonna have some 'splainin' to do" ....'SPLAININ' ?... like Ricki Ricardo? Maybe she is in shock or denial, but that seemed so strange to me.

Not strange that she has hope that her daughter is coming back. Not strange that at the idea of Morgan having simply run off and terrified everyone and that Gil would, of course, expect an explanation. It wasn't either of those things. It was how she said it; "She's gonna have some 'splainin' to do."

Also, someone here suggested that we note not only what the parents and LE say, but also what they don't say. Galanos asked Dan about the ATM card activity and if LE had taken her computer. Dan said, "That is part of the investigation, so I'll refer you to them [LE] for that."

Another weird thing for me in Angel Who Cares' video clip (thanks for that, AWC, BTW) - another weird thing for me was when Gil said, "Did someone put their arm around her and hustle her outside?" (implying against her will) Well, she called the friend from outside and didn't mention getting hustled or forced outside against her will. So that remark would only make sense if the "call" were actually a text (vs a call where they spoke) and that Morgan was not the sender of the text. Or perhaps Gil meant "lured" outside in such a way that she didn't feel threatened.

Some things are just missing. Someone here mentioned, if she planned to meet a dude in lieu of the concert, why go inside at all?

And I know this is totally subjective, but she is unusually beautiful. Galanos asked about a possible boyfriend. Gil said, "She really has had few boyfriends... few steady relationships." Why? She's gorgeous; she is personabbe She has at least 8 close girlfriends who they call, "The Nine" who have been friends for years indicating that she is personable and social. (iow, not anti-scoail or loner or nutbar) I cant help but wonder if the parents frown on the subject of boyfriends (whether overtly or covertly)

So if we go with that boyfriend theory for a second, why meet him at C'ville then? She has an apt. She doesn't live at home, so the 'rents (aka parents) presumably cant know her every move if she were trying to get some romantic time in or an over-nighter or whatever. Why meet him there? (if that's what happened.)

*sigh*

To me when I think of the word hustle I immediately think of being tricked in some way, either out of money, or in this case, hustled was used in a sense of luring her wouldn't you think?
As for the b/f thing I know its been brought up a time or 2 since this all began, but I get this feeling that for whatever reason the parents were somewhat against her having one, which also leads me to believe that if she did have one she probably wouldn't have told them, especially since it's something that stands out to all of us as the parents being somewhat against it. If we can clearly see that there was some family issue with the b/f situation then I know Morgan knew what was what as far as her parents were concerned.
Edited to say that this is why it is so important to develop bonds with your children where they feel they can tell you anything, without the worry of being in trouble or looked down upon.

To me when I think of the word hustle I immediately think of being tricked in some way, either out of money, or in this case, hustled was used in a sense of luring her wouldn't you think?
As for the b/f thing I know its been brought up a time or 2 since this all began, but I get this feeling that for whatever reason the parents were somewhat against her having one, which also leads me to believe that if she did have one she probably wouldn't have told them, especially since it's something that stands out to all of us as the parents being somewhat against it. If we can clearly see that there was some family issue with the b/f situation then I know Morgan knew what was what as far as her parents were concerned.
Yeah, I get that vibe too about the possibility of a boyfriend; but I can t put my finger on WHY I feel that.

Hey, where is the grandmother link? Do you know? I missed it somehow.

tia

I am really just getting onto this thread now, although I am aware of Morgan's disappearance from what was on Nancy Grace earlier in the week.

Does anyone know what the search dogs did on this search - where they tracked? I am sure they started where Morgan was last seen so I wondered where they finally trailed to / ended up? Are they still using search dogs?

Sorry if this was answered previously and I missed it.

Yeah, I get that vibe too about the possibility of a boyfriend; but I can t put my finger on WHY I feel that.

Hey, where is the grandmother link? Do you know? I missed it somehow.

tia

No I haven't seen the grandmothers statements yet, I'm looking for them now too. If and when i find them I'll def. let you know! :)

I am really just getting onto this thread now, although I am aware of Morgan's disappearance from what was on Nancy Grace earlier in the week.

Does anyone know what the search dogs did on this search - where they tracked? I am sure they started where Morgan was last seen so I wondered where they finally trailed to / ended up? Are they still using search dogs?

Sorry if this was answered previously and I missed it.

AFAIK the only information was from the press conference where the Lt. confirmed that they were using dogs and then made some cryptic remark that they 'were using many different type of dogs'(parapharse)

My daughter is only 14, and I don't know everything about everyone that she talks to. I do my best to get to know her friends, their parents, etc. I pay for her cell, so I get an itemized bill showing the calls. We have a very open relationship and she knows that she can tell me anything. STILL there is no way to know everything! I don't understand how the parents seem 100% positive that she wasn't dating anyone. Maybe it wasn't a boyfriend, but she was just casually dating. If she were just casually dating, the guy might not seem important enough to mention to her parents. I just don't see how the parents think that they know beyond a shadow of a doubt who their 20 yr. old daughter (who lived away from home) was talking to or hanging out with. It is hard enough when they are minors living under your own roof.

My daughter is only 14, and I don't know everything about everyone that she talks to. I do my best to get to know her friends, their parents, etc. I pay for her cell, so I get an itemized bill showing the calls. We have a very open relationship and she knows that she can tell me anything. STILL there is no way to know everything! I don't understand how the parents seem 100% positive that she wasn't dating anyone. Maybe it wasn't a boyfriend, but she was just casually dating. If she were just casually dating, the guy might not seem important enough to mention to her parents. I just don't see how the parents think that they know beyond a shadow of a doubt who their 20 yr. old daughter (who lived away from home) was talking to or hanging out with. It is hard enough when they are minors living under your own roof.
SO MUCH WORD

I think you may have pegged what I could not put my finger on earlier. I felt the same but didn't know WHY I felt that way. Yes, it is their insistence that she is "so transparent." Iow it seems like taht in their minds, there is no earthly way that she is anything other than 100% transparent.

Some parents are so micro-managing that the adult son or daughter finally has to say to herself, "OK i'll tell you exacly what you want to hear.... and then I"ll have my real life on the side."

Can an individual have TWO facebooks and what not? One they give the parents access to where they post just enough innocuous stuff to make it look real; and one "real" one.

example: Dear Diary: today I am going to read the Bible to the blind; then I'll go volunteer at the soup kitchen like I do every wednesday right after I drop off my donations at Goodwill and light a candle for the homeless. But I cant be late for my CandyStriping shift at the hospital. I'm so excited. My friends and I rented "The Sound of Music" and we're gonna braid each others' hair make popcorn with real butter. OH I am so so bad. And I cannot believe I only got a 93 on my exam. I am so disappointed with myself. I can do better next time. Also, I finally got a new pillow. DOn't worry it was on sale. However, I really want to pull the tag off my new pillow; but it says, "Do not remove under penalty of law;" so therefore I cannot tear it off and still be able to live with myself so I'll just leave it alone and deal with it.

ETA: The above example was on Oprah. (paraphrased)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back