FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comment Sheriff B. made re: there a some individuals that know something , means to me that someone is indirectly not cooperating. I just wonder if Vinson knows way more. Best offense is a defense. I do not mean his brother but maybe someone else that works for him.

If there's nothing in the house but studs, maybe they didn't even lock it. What's in there to take?
And as an aside, when I t/w my electrician hubby, he said putting windows in w/just the 2X4s up would be a crazy way to build a house.
I am right, right? Only the studs were up in the house?

Off the wall question, does anyone know if any of the plumbing or wiring is done? In the basement if not through the rest of the house.
The only reason I'm asking is that nowhere in the country would anyone leave a house open if the wiring and/or plumbing are done. Light copper wire and #2 copper are worth a lot, especially if you have a houseful. Someone would take it, it's very very common. The people in the building industry know this. If that stuff is done, then I would say no way they left it open, too much risk.

The burnt house would have been gutted and maybe some of the studs replaced, roof , etc. I would assume there would still be soot around the perimeter of this house. JMO I truly feel she was murdered at 1080 Gano.

That was a question that I had. Has anybody in the area checked to see what is behind the house on Gano? Meaning...is there a shed or covered patio or anything in the back yard? Is it possible that the soot from the fire is all over that property? Even if the house was locked, the perp could have used or stored the body in a container or shed in the back yard until the coast was clear to take her somewhere to dispose of the body in a dumpster.

No one was home to notice anyone back there. Is there shrubbery or a fence that would have prevented the neighbors from seeing what was going on in that backyard? Is there an alley behind the property that could have been used for a car to pull up in the middle of the night and load something into the back of a car or truck?

I would think because of liability issues the house would have to be secured. To me, having only 2x4's means that the drywall wasn't installed yet inside. I would think that there isn't any reason to not put in windows with 2x4's as what would be holding up the roof? Although that seems like matchsticks holding up the roof. My hubby used to be a contractor. Do they build with 2x4's? But I live where there is snow so we have to have more substantial construction here.
OK-just asked hubby again. He said when I said only 2X4s, he thought on outside, too. I'm so sorry for this. I thought he realized...and he thought I...and ya'll probably thought I was crazy.
I do know the outside was up. My bad.
(Actually, I'm blaming this on him-he bought himself a t-shirt that says, "\
She says I don't listen
Or something like that.

Could the doors be locked but a window not locked by workers?
Or someone left it open on purpose........

Those who asked about DT's divorce from Paul C.

I wasn't able to find the actual divorce record, but he did marry someone else. Really complicated. See if you can follow how these people's lives are intertwined!

Birth:
Name: M D L
Date of Birth: 15 Oct 1994
Birth County: Bell
Father's Name: Joseph A L Jr.
Mother's Name: Jennifer L Ch

Marriage:
Name: Paul M C (DT's ex-husband)
Spouse: Diena R L
Marriage Date: 5 Jun 1995
Marriage County: Giles
Marriage State: Tennessee

Birth:
Name: A G C
Date of Birth: 12 May 1996
Father's Name: Paul M C
Mother's Name: D R B

Birth:
Name: A M C
Date of Birth: 8 Nov 1997
Father's Name: Paul M C
Mother's Name: Jennifer L Ch

Divorce:
Name: Jennifer L (Ch) L
Spouse's Name: Joseph A L
Divorce Date: 23 Dec 1999
County: Churchill

Marriage:
Name: Paul M C
Residence State: Nevada
Spouse: Jennifer L (Ch) L
Spouse residence state: Nevada
Marriage Date: 10 Apr 2000
Marriage City: Fallon
Officiant type: Civil celebrant
Recorded Date: 11 Apr 2000
Recorded city: Fallon

says on the flyer confinement though...must not have been confined too well :(

I think her dad's comments about the soot definitely place her there and probably inside the house ~ but the question still is was the soot on her body or her clothes? And if she was killed there, whose trash was she put in? :waitasec:

Yes you are right, they could even track the soot into the house on their feet. Soot is so...messy but a great conduit for fingerprints. I think she was put in a dumpster close to the house.

ElizaAvalon, my head just exploded. How in the world did you manage to track that? That's incredible.

That was a question that I had. Has anybody in the area checked to see what is behind the house on Gano? Meaning...is there a shed or covered patio or anything in the back yard? Is it possible that the soot from the fire is all over that property? Even if the house was locked, the perp could have used or stored the body in a container or shed in the back yard until the coast was clear to take her somewhere to dispose of the body in a dumpster.

No one was home to notice anyone back there. Is there shrubbery or a fence that would have prevented the neighbors from seeing what was going on in that backyard? Is there an alley behind the property that could have been used for a car to pull up in the middle of the night and load something into the back of a car or truck?

I wish I knew how to copy a pic from BingMaps. I just looked at it and it's really hard to tell. Used birds eye view too. Since there is a street that goes beside the house, Bay Circle, it's hard to see where the Gano property ends and the house behind it starts :(

Off the wall question, does anyone know if any of the plumbing or wiring is done? In the basement if not through the rest of the house.
The only reason I'm asking is that nowhere in the country would anyone leave a house open if the wiring and/or plumbing are done. Light copper wire and #2 copper are worth a lot, especially if you have a houseful. Someone would take it, it's very very common. The people in the building industry know this. If that stuff is done, then I would say no way they left it open, too much risk.
And that's the potential vandalism I was thinking of in my earlier post, not only taking it, but doing some damage (loosening joints, etc) that the next workers might not even notice but that could cause a lot of water damage once the house was finished. MOO

Hello Everyone

I have read through the thread and I wonder if you guys have come up with a solid suspect? It really bothers me that too much time has passed since Somer was abducted and killed. If LE has more information than the folks here on WS and at the very least have not named a "person of interest", is not good.

To think that this event happened in broad daylight, with lots of people around and no one who saw anything or heard anything is not logical.

JMO

I was also wondering is there access to a back lane , is there a road is directly behind the property etc.

Thanks for the welcome passionflower. Been lurking on this thread since the beginning. Took me a while to get caught up on all the reading!
Welcome from me also! :) And about getting caught up ~ well, I try to do that every night when I get home from work and it's nearly impossible!

That would be fabulous info if we could get it from the locals! I'm going to try Google earth

Maybe we can get some help from the posters that live in Orange Park.

Houses in FL don't have basements, NMK. Here, you build a basement you've got an indoor swimming pool. (Too close to the water table.) :)
PS This, I do know. lol

Would like to help but I haven't been able to download google earth with any success.

I looked at our list of names and don't recognize any local names on right now........

I keep using my husband as a point of reference since he is a contractor and I probably shouldn't. He's a fanatic about locking everything up. And he would rarely if ever let anyone work on a job without being there to see what they're doing so maybe my perspective isn't the norm either.

My husband & I have built nine of our homes using sub-contractors & it has been our experiences the minute the house is framed & the outside walls/windows are in the house is locked. These guys don't want to lose materials or tools. I totally believe this house was locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member