FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to ask this question, even though I am scared to, Why are they waiting to go to court tomorrow in regards to WK, is there a shortage of Judges? I would have thought it would be a rather short process considering he has been charged with failure to provide his new address. Thx

If he has a public defender, which he probably does, they might not have gotten to his paperwork or even opened his file, yet. WK has the right to counsel, even if the counsel is so overworked that his trial gets pushed back because of them.
Personally, I don't see why they don't just plead guilty, how much of a defense can he have? Either you told the state that you moved, or you didn't. But no...

I am going to ask this question, even though I am scared to, Why are they waiting to go to court tomorrow in regards to WK, is there a shortage of Judges? I would have thought it would be a rather short process considering he has been charged with failure to provide his new address. Thx

You would think. I know here in my county in Florida the perps show up in court the day after arrested and are assigned a public defender or whatever their means are. Maybe this guy already went in front of a night judge or something? Not sure.

JMO, if WK, was living with GF, she passes on Oct 12th, buried on the 16th....someone must be applying pressure to place him in a situ, in order to charge him with failure to provide new address.

There must be a lot of interest surrounding WK. WFTV posted pic's of 3 absconded SO's, Homer being one of them, he has been on the run for 3 yrs, not 3 days. hmmm

Wow, this thread has come to a screaming halt, I guess I'll move on.

I find the rules of not posting an RSO's name on this website very curious. I imagine Megan's law must be the same everywhere. I posted earlier about an RSO that was supposed to move to my community ,which is a rural area right outside a city of about85,000. In my community we received notification. Of course, right before the community information nite, LE discovered he had given a phony address. I guess they are not checked out as to where they are going before being let out.

But that's not why I am posting. The flyer did say that no one is allowed to bug the person because we could lose our right to notificatiion, otherwise.

OK. I can understand how somebody someday might get enough money to sue. But this and every other RSO that is released has their picture and address or (least within a block ) in the daily newspaper that circulates over several hundred miles, a couple of states, and a couple of hundred thousand people. So what's the difference here?

These RSO's might be heading my way. I just get so freaked out about all the rights they have after destroying and brutalizing lives. Why!!!!! They thrive and bloom in secrecy.

Praying we get a live news presser this week, hopefully giving us an update on Somer's case.

Thinking it's been at least 5 or 6 days from the last one. Hoping that the new reward money will bring new information for LE to solve Somer's murder.

In our community if there is a Viloent Sexual Predator that moves to the area or will be moving here it is announced on all of the local tv stations and our police set up a meeting place for all interested citizens for information regarding the perp and how to deal with them.

OT...did anyone get the link to the presser for Shannon before the thread went poof? TIA.

Hoppy, I gotta tell you, I spent a lot of time pouring over the TOS a day or 2 ago. I searched and searched. I put in the word "name", the word "address" to search each page that I brought up. Maybe it's me, but I did not see a SINGLE thing about posting names and/or addresses while sleuthing a case. There is information there about posting my own name and address, but I saw nothing about someone else's.

Can you PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE provide a link to where I can find this information in the TOS so that I can look at it and review it whenever I need to?

TIA!

I will address this on the thread. We have told posters over and over that we decided names and addresses of people will not be posted. We do not have to have this in TOS, we have addressed it in numerous threads too many times to count. Each forum is different, so there may be some that are more lenient than others. We follow the basics and take the rest as it comes to us. Not posting peoples private information and not naming people who are not involved has been a "rule" in the missing forums for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler