Jason Young arrested and charged with murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the court appearance today will be televised or live streamed on the internet? I sure hope so!

Does anybody know why he hasnt been charged with 2 counts of murder. Pres Bush signed Laci's Law, remember?

It's been a number of years since I read that bill, but if I remember right, the catch on that bill was if the crime was committed on Federal property. So I believe it's still up to the individual states. I don't know what the law is here.

Sometimes the stipulation also has to be IF the baby would have been viable if born on that day. Which would pretty well eliminate anything less than five months?

Just guessing,
fran

Absolutely wonderful news.

I hope all the days of the rest of his life drag by ever so very slowly, so the slayer of Michelle & her unborn child gets to live every moment of his miserable life realizing what he has done.

It's been a number of years since I read that bill, but if I remember right, the catch on that bill was if the crime was committed on Federal property. So I believe it's still up to the individual states. I don't know what the law is here.

Sometimes the stipulation also has to be IF the baby would have been viable if born on that day. Which would pretty well eliminate anything less than five months?

Just guessing,
fran

I think he can be charged with 2 counts of murder. I hope, eventually he is.
http://news.findlaw.com/wp/docs/abortion/unbornbill32504.html

I wish I lived closer to Raleigh, it's a 5 hour drive from here, or I'd be there in that courtroom today with JTF and TopsailGirl.
Can't wait to get their first-hand report later today!

Jason+mugshot.jpg

THE SLAYER'S MUGSHOT

Laci & Conner law is a federal law. Though many people have been advocating to get the Unborn Victims of Violence Act into place, including Jenna Nielsen's father, Kevin Blaine and Michele Dye, whose daughter, Lucy Johnson was pregnant when she was murdered, it has not happened in NC yet.

Under current state law, if a person knowinglymurders a pregnant woman and causes a miscarriage or still birth they are automatically charged with a higher class felony than the actual crime.

A national poll shows that when asked the question "If a criminal assaults a woman who carries an unborn child, does that crime have two victims or only one? 80 percent of respondents say "two."

The Unborn Victims Of Violence Bill says that a person who commits the crime of murder or manslaughter of a pregnant woman is guilty of a separate offense for the resulting death of the unborn child.

The federal government and 36 states have laws to prosecute the unlawful killing of an unborn child, laws that have been upheld by numerous federal and state courts.

In North Carolina the issue hasn't even been debated on the house floor and it hasn't gone anywhere yet.

BTW, The American Civil Liberties Union of North Carolina is on the record opposing a change in the law.

I wish I lived closer to Raleigh, it's a 5 hour drive from here, or I'd be there in that courtroom today with JTF and TopsailGirl.
Can't wait to get their first-hand report later today!

Jason+mugshot.jpg

THE SLAYER'S MUGSHOT

Oh me too, I would love to be there, can't wait for a report Topsail & JTF!!!

Just seeing this news now and I'm SO happy!!!! Justice for Michelle!!!

I'm absolutely shocked and thrilled! Finally! I can't believe I missed this on the news - but then again, I've only watched national news over the past couple of days. I was on my way to an appointment when I stopped at a convenience store and was told by the cashier that LE had arrested "that guy" in Brevard. I had to cancel my appointment and race home to jump online and review all this. This is such wonderful news. Now if we can just get Durham DA and Grand Jury to indict Raven Abaroa...

Kudos to our Sheriff who has been so vigilant in bringing this case to a close.

I've followed this case for a long time, and I'm SO glad Jason was finally arrested and Michelle will begin to get some justice.

I am so happy this day finally came! Right before christmas too! I have followed this case from the very first day and I knew Jason was guilty. Three years I have waited for this. I hope Michelle's family can have a better christmas because of this news.

I hope and pray Drew Peterson is next.

I hope and pray Drew Peterson is next.

?? Drew Peterson has been in jail for months now, on charges stemming from the homicide of wife #2 (or is it #3)? I don't think he's ever getting out.

Saving up their pennies for bail - better have a mountain of them.

If I am not mistaken, Tharrington-Smith is on the state dole to act as PD's. Wouldn't surprise me to see one of them thrown on this case since they are familiar with JY and the case. Much like Kurtz & Bloom were given Brad Cooper's case.

That was what I was thinking they would (try) to do--bet that's the strategy. I hope his bail is set higher than $2M. Think Ma will come up with the :twocents::twocents::twocents:? Of course if they decide to go for the DP then I guess there will be no bail at all.

Anxiously awaiting for the first post with the update after the court hearing!

:woohoo:

Wow, this is such a good day! Long time coming, but as we here promised, we were hanging around for the long haul :dance:

JY :furious:

Bond was denied. Judge Jane Gray said no way.

Issue can probably be revisited after the Rule 24 hearing - that is, if DP is NOT on the table.

Amanda Lamb has a twitter going - even has pix of JY in his orange stripes. I don't believe we can post twitter links but go to WRAL and search out Amanda's twitter for a look. Amusing.

CC at NBC 17 says Roger and Wade present for hearing but told judge they would no longer be representing JY - then the PD was requested for JY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member