2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, juvenile records are not available to the public.

Secondly, it was reported that Kaine filed for, and was granted, a temporary restraining order which listed at least two juveniles as protected parties.

Thirdly, it was also reported that Kaine Horman was told to leave the house with the baby by the police.

Thanks PickiChickie! I read that but could not find a source. Only a source close to the investigation said he left with the baby. And we haven't seen the RO to know further. Just one of those nagging thoughts that bother.

:banghead:

KOIN is among multiple media outlets seeking release of the restraining order documents because the disappearance of Kryon Horman is of high public interest. The public and media remain concerned about Kryon's whereabouts and about the public safety questions raised by his disappearance.

A judge has scheduled a hearing on the issue Friday at 2:30 p.m. at Multnomah Count Courthouse.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...ssage-with-hiring/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

http://www.koinlocal6.com/media/lib...5e8a74f78f1e/Motion_for_immediate_hearing.pdf

PDF file of motion

Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but has the decision been made public regarding this motion?

Pardon me if this has already been discussed, but has the decision been made public regarding this motion?

Yes. For now it stays sealed.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24124386/detail.html

"Restraining Order Still Sealed
Last weekend, Kaine Horman moved out of the home he shared with Terri Horman and he then filed for divorce. He also asked for a restraining order against Terri Horman to keep her away from their 19-month-old daughter.
A Multnomah County judge sealed the restraining order, but lawyers from KPTV and other media outlets are fighting the judge's decision to gain access to the information in the order.
After a hearing Friday, Kaine Horman's attorney, Laura Racknar, said her client needed time to review the request and file a response to the petition. Racknar presented an affidavit from the district attorney's office which stated that unsealing the order could have a damaging effect on the criminal investigation.
Judge Keith Meisenheimer said he's confident the public doesn't want to engage in the release of information that could compromise finding Kyron Horman.
The next hearing on the matter will be July 13 at 2 p.m."

You have to scroll down the page to find it.

Yes. For now it stays sealed.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24124386/detail.html

"Restraining Order Still Sealed
Last weekend, Kaine Horman moved out of the home he shared with Terri Horman and he then filed for divorce. He also asked for a restraining order against Terri Horman to keep her away from their 19-month-old daughter.
A Multnomah County judge sealed the restraining order, but lawyers from KPTV and other media outlets are fighting the judge's decision to gain access to the information in the order.
After a hearing Friday, Kaine Horman's attorney, Laura Racknar, said her client needed time to review the request and file a response to the petition. Racknar presented an affidavit from the district attorney's office which stated that unsealing the order could have a damaging effect on the criminal investigation.
Judge Keith Meisenheimer said he's confident the public doesn't want to engage in the release of information that could compromise finding Kyron Horman.
The next hearing on the matter will be July 13 at 2 p.m."

You have to scroll down the page to find it.

Thanks Rosie.

I have to say I'm not suprised. To have the other result would have been Christmas in July. And I think it's even too early for that. :angel:

Thanks Rosie.

I have to say I'm not suprised. To have the other result would have been Christmas in July. And I think it's even too early for that. :angel:

Me either. Although I personally love Christmas in July. ;o)

What I found interesting was this "
the district attorney's office which stated that unsealing the order could have a damaging effect on the criminal investigation."

BBM. Could and not would. Interesting (to me) word choice.

Me either. Although I personally love Christmas in July. ;o)

What I found interesting was this "
the district attorney's office which stated that unsealing the order could have a damaging effect on the criminal investigation."

BBM. Could and not would. Interesting (to me) word choice.

yes, nice catch.

LOL.
Attorney semantics. Word choice. Could and not would. Could is a qualified word. Would is definite. "Could" gives wiggle room. So, that's the word used. IMO.

yes, nice catch.

LOL.
Attorney semantics. Word choice. Could and not would. Could is a qualified word. Would is definite. "Could" gives wiggle room. So, that's the word used. IMO.

jmo, it's rarely a good idea to tell a Judge what WILL happen. They like to make those calls themselves :)

So, it just occurred to me....
What if the RO and filing for divorce is all fake?
Not that KH didn't do those things... but what if TH and KH together are responsible for Kyron's disappearance and Kaine filing for divorce, taking off with the baby and getting a RO is all part of the act?

Had there not been the picture taken at school that morning, my theory would be that something had happened to Kyron in the hours prior to school starting and this elaborate cover up including KH's recent actions all part of it. Without enough evidence to convict any one person of a crime, eventually the case would go cold, the Hormans could reconcile and noone would ever know.

The picture taken at school kills that scenario for me.
Anyways, just thinking out loud...

The restraining order prohibits Terri Horman from having contact with her other children, an older son and the toddler daughter. Kaine Horman is asking Oregon courts for sole custody of the little girl.

This. Sounds. Like. Pressure.
If it wasn't bad enough before (it would be for any "normal" human being), it just got amplified!!

Not sure where I read that there would be a hearing on the restraining order, but according to OJIN it isn't for TH to fight for her daughter back. It is to intervene on the release of the sealed documents.

Here are the agencies that are fighting this.
___ ENTER DT FILE DT EVENT/FILING/PROCEEDING_______ SCHD DT TIME___ ROOM
INV 2 Kgw-Tv
INV 3 Kptv
INV 4 Katu-Tv
INV 5 Koin Local 6
INV 6 Oregon Public Broadcast
INV 7 Kxl Radio
INV 8 The Associated Press
21 7/01/10 7/01/10 Hearing Further Pro Scheduled 7/02/10 3:00 PM TKEM
Est length of time 2 Hour(s)
22 7/02/10 7/02/10 Affidavit
RE: Motion for Media to
Intervene & Unseal Court
Records
DDA 9 Frink Norm
23 7/02/10 7/02/10 Hearing Motion Scheduled 7/13/10 2:00 PM TK +

Well, stepping off the fence now and landing squarely on the Something fishy with Stepmom side of things. No one can ever say I didn't offer her the benefit of the doubt.

I guess we know now what preciptated Kaine's decision to file for divorce and a restraining order.

What I cannot figure out is, if she wanted her husband dead and was in an unhappy marriage, what benefit does she receive by being involved with Kyron's disappearance and what does this mean for Kyron? Is he dead or alive?

Secondly, if she is involved in this disappearance, and if it was indeed premiditated, why then would she have not spent her day surrounded by witnesses building her alibi, rather than going off the grid and having an entire afternoon that she could not validate to LE?

odd to me.

YAY!

Oh, gosh, somebody go get that thang quick so I can sleep tonight!

This makes me wonder if the murder-for-hire case is falling or fell apart, perhaps because of the botched sting operation, or perhaps because it's his word against hers at this point.

I think they have less evidence Terri was involved in the murder-for-hire than they have evidence against her in Kyron's disappearance.

I feel maybe this RO was sealed for the murder for hire plot.Now that she did not take the bait.I feel there is no case.

I am hoping that an arrest is pending so there would be no need to keep it sealed.

Trying to think positive.

If I read that correctly, the courts don't open back up until tomorrow, so I would imagine that they wouldn't be unsealed until tomorrow at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..