Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, said it all very well.

That list is way beyond despicable. As someone else posted, gee, what about the copper piping and the electrical wires? Seems they have demanded just about everything else.

This is so sad and so maddening. There HAS to be a reckoning, somewhere, sometime. Karma, where are you?

You know what confuses me? All items of Georgia's were Bob's. He was the survivor, he was the beneficiary. It was all his. No one else can give them away or take possession of them, I would think anyway. They belong to him. All of the money, the bypass trust, etc. All belong to Bob. Even the social security payments he has been receiving every month-they all belong to Bob. Until he is declared dead.

None of these items can be parceled out. None, I would think.

I find this incredibly confusing as well. There was lots and lots of talk from Bobs daughters regarding Bob not compling with details of the trust/their mothers will.

If Georgia had willed items to her daughters, why wasn't that taken care of and those items distributed prior to the end of 2008?

With as much mud slinging as Bobs daughters have tossed out - including against their missing father - why have there been no motions, no court records to enforce Georgia's will? Or has everything provided to Bobs daughters via Georgia's will - already been distributed - and it wasn't enough so when they saw Dad was no longer declining they had to take measures into their own hands.

hmmmmm

jmo

Hoping Karma is being delivered for Christmas Opie. A season of miracles.......

I find this incredibly confusing as well. There was lots and lots of talk from Bobs daughters regarding Bob not compling with details of the trust/their mothers will.

If Georgia had willed items to her daughters, why wasn't that taken care of and those items distributed prior to the end of 2008?

With as much mud slinging as Bobs daughters have tossed out - including against their missing father - why have there been no motions, no court records to enforce Georgia's will? Or has everything provided to Bobs daughters via Georgia's will - already-been distributed - and it wasn't enough so when they saw Dad was no longer declining they had to take measures into their own hands.

hmmmmm

jmo

I guess my point being did he have to comply if he was the sole legatee? She could make suggestions of specific bequests, I would think, but did he have to honor them?

We have adequately demonstrated that they went through their mother's things after her death...they say that in their own words.

I guess I am confused as to how any of it is anyone's but Bob's. Of course, they will have to prove ownership of the dining room set, the bed, the sheets, the VCR tapes etc....but anything that was Georgia's belongs to Bob. JMO.

I guess we will find out, hmm?

I am digging through probate law regarding intestate surviving spouses, and stumbled upon this:
http://law.justia.com/california/codes/2009/prob/250-259.html

We may have posted this before, but I found this part interesting:

(2) Any property interest or benefit referred to in paragraph (1)
of subdivision (a) which passes under a power of appointment and by
reason of the death of the decedent passes as if the killer had
predeceased the decedent, and Section 673 not apply.
(3) Any nomination in a will or trust of the killer as executor,
trustee, guardian, conservator, or custodian which becomes effective as a result of the death of the decedent shall be interpreted as if the killer had predeceased the decedent.

So if I am reading this correctly, anyone who participated in the killing of a decedent shall be treated as if they pre-deceased the decedent. In other words, the sucessor trustees or beneficiaries would be nominated to execute, become trustee or conservator of the estate. Unless they participated as well. Which leaves who, Bob's sister?

Huh.

If that is what happened...I guess it is a good thing for the current co conservators that they arent married to JM. If the motion as written is substantially true.

Still looking through the probate stuff for the death of an intestate spouse, but here again:

859. If a court finds that a person has in bad faith wrongfully
taken, concealed, or disposed of property belonging to the estate of
a decedent, conservatee, minor, or trust
, the person shall be liable
for twice the value of the property recovered by an action under this
part. The remedy provided in this section shall be in addition to
any other remedies available in law to a trustee, guardian or
conservator, or personal representative or other successor in
interest of a decedent.

Wonder how the audit looks.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/22/winter.weather/index.html?hpt=T2

snip
"The proclamation covers Kern, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo and Tulare counties in southern California."

Additional snip:
"In Orange County, authorities were on the scene of a mudslide that affected homes in the Silverado Canyon area, the county's Fire Authority said on Twitter. Rescues were needed, and evacuations were underway, according to the Fire Authority."

In the same article it states that 21 inches of rain has fallen in San Bernadino county.

:( God Bless and keep all of those whose lives might be disrupted or in danger from this storm.

It would be a blessing however for many families of the missing if the storm unearthed some remains...

I guess my point being did he have to comply if he was the sole legatee? She could make suggestions of specific bequests, I would think, but did he have to honor them?

We have adequately demonstrated that they went through their mother's things after her death...they say that in their own words.

I guess I am confused as to how any of it is anyone's but Bob's. Of course, they will have to prove ownership of the dining room set, the bed, the sheets, the VCR tapes etc....but anything that was Georgia's belongs to Bob. JMO.

I guess we will find out, hmm?

Excellent points. I don't know how one would disperse an estate of a legally living person. So yes, technically all of it belongs to Bob and no one else, unless Bobs children can prove ownership of any of their personal belongings in the home......

Yes, we will find out...... interesting.

I am a "lurker" on this thread. And yes, reading through here breaks my heart, but there are committed and dedicated individuals "working on it".

I am a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around". If you wait long enough. And I, for one, am waiting......

To all the posters on this thread: Thank you for your perseverance in the quest for justice!

Stand tall!

I'm coming up with zip. Anyone?

No kidding.

I'm reasonably certain Karma will come looking for them. Not today, not tomorrow, but it will come.

For comparing those individuals to vultures you can expect a strongly worded letter of protest from the Vulture Anti Defamation League.

In the last year and a half I have put very little effort into locating my left foot. Of course, I know exactly where it is, so I don't have to. Just saying.

People that know that doing so is the next logical step, because they know he's not going to be needing it again.

Yes, right, right, exactly and righteo!!!

Here is another thing that stood out to me-Fontelle's attorney stopped the inventory because yet again the trust was stiffing her for the spousal support payments agreed upon in mediation and there was a substantial amount due which was unpaid.

On top of that, as we know from the 11/16 transcript, there were no outstanding items left for the trust attorneys to have the audit completed.

Why continue to stiff her the funds? I dont get it-they had to know this would not sit well with the judge. I suppose we will see what the January date holds and whether or not the trust has paid in full...or has that been established? I am so confused, lol. If I were a bettin woman, I would believe they have paid up because that would be yet another suspicious behavior on their side of the list.

For the benefit of anyone just joining this discussion, I wish to re-link ******'s post with the attached court document (and thanks so very much, ******), as I think I've seen few documents that are as illuminating about a case as this:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

I think that anyone who reads the document -- and it is substantial -- will see that if anything, posters here have erred on the side of gentleness, courtesy, and charity in their discussion of the Harrod daughters.

PS: read it sitting down, and put a pillow under your jaw. I've rarely seen fiction that rich, much less an official document.

Thanks Montjoy.. I was just thinking about doing the same and you beat me to it.

Several docs included in the above PDF.

The memorabilia list of items sent by the daughters attorney begins about page 34.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/down...l?nstrack=sid:931472|met:102300|cat:0|order:1

The rain and resulting mudslides prompted evacuations in Silverado, Modjeska, Dove and Williams canyons and parts of San Juan Capistrano.
Five homes in Dove Canyon sustained severe damage in a mudslide. Another home was reported damaged by mud in Dana Point.
Several homes were damaged in Silverado and Williams canyons, but the severity and number of homes is not immediately clear, Capt. Greg McKeown of the Orange County Fire Authority said.

More info about the Orange Cty flooding.
Just sayin'.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/down...l?nstrack=sid:931472|met:102300|cat:0|order:1

The rain and resulting mudslides prompted evacuations in Silverado, Modjeska, Dove and Williams canyons and parts of San Juan Capistrano.
Five homes in Dove Canyon sustained severe damage in a mudslide. Another home was reported damaged by mud in Dana Point.
Several homes were damaged in Silverado and Williams canyons, but the severity and number of homes is not immediately clear, Capt. Greg McKeown of the Orange County Fire Authority said.

More info about the Orange Cty flooding.
Just sayin'.

Thats awful...those poor people!

TY for posting this update on the floods dreamweaver.

Prayers that all our WS'rs and guest readers in the area of these floods are safe from harm and damage.

Bump. Blue font by me.

For the benefit of anyone just joining this discussion, I wish to re-link 's post with the attached court document (and thanks so very much, ), as I think I've seen few documents that are as illuminating about a case as this:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #5

I think that anyone who reads the document -- and it is substantial -- will see that if anything, posters here have erred on the side of gentleness, courtesy, and charity in their discussion of the Harrod daughters.

PS: read it sitting down, and put a pillow under your jaw. I've rarely seen fiction that rich, much less an official document.

Merry Christmas to Fontelle and her family. We all have hoped that you would have some justice by Christmas, but short of that, please accept our commitment to continue to support your search for justice.

And to the Harrod Trustees -- please remember that this is the second Christmas that your father has missed since he was murdered. Can you really celebrate Christmas with that in mind? For shame.

I am digging through probate law regarding intestate surviving spouses, and stumbled upon this:
http://law.justia.com/california/codes/2009/prob/250-259.html

~~~~snipped for space and clarity

Huh.

If that is what happened...I guess it is a good thing for the current co conservators that they arent married to JM. If the motion as written is substantially true.

Bolded and snipped by me~~~~

If they had any hand whatsoever, including knowledge, of any crime leading to the death of Bob, it won't matter if they are married to JM or not. They can/would also fall under these exclusions, and any claims they may make against Bob's estate would be treated as if they had caused Bob's demise themselves.

Bolded and snipped by me~~~~

If they had any hand whatsoever, including knowledge, of any crime leading to the death of Bob, it won't matter if they are married to JM or not. They can/would also fall under these exclusions, and any claims they may make against Bob's estate would be treated as if they had caused Bob's demise themselves.

Absolutely true, Cleo. It would also apply to anyone found to be an accessory after the fact -- someone who has aided or comforted the person who committed the crime. This would include those who have made up stories implicating others that they know to be innocent of a crime that they know a family member to have committed.

In short, there is every chance that none of Bob's daughters will be able to keep any of his estate in the long run.

But I would agree, guilt based on conspiracy is more likely here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025