TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And just want to add that I know several members of our CCPD, and I truly believe in them, and they have been working in conjunction with the Sheriff's Dept. from the start. I think both department's could give a very intelligent and complete overview of the case to this point.

I wish they would.

OMG YOU GUYS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!! Richelle Carey saw both of my tweets yesterday!! She is passing word along to the people at HLN!!

On Monday 3rd January 2011, @RichelleCarey said:
(In reply to lionandthelamb2)

@lionandthelamb2 I've been off for days. I'll check with the proper people tomorrow, but of course..can't ever promise story coverage. Thanks for letting us know.

http://www./show/7so0fj

AND

On Monday 3rd January 2011, @RichelleCarey said:
(In reply to lionandthelamb2)

@lionandthelamb2 As I replied yesterday...I will pass this along to the right people who will check on it. I don't promise coverage on any story, but I appreciate you passing it on. It is very important as are all missing children.

http://www./show/7t7vq5

LE should have Billies phone records to look at today. Supposedly the other girl's phone has already been checked, with no calls from Billie's number on Monday.

It was not me who said Hailey got an i-pod, it was another poster who saw it on FB.

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has contacted Billie. That paperwork will be filled out and faxed back this morning. We are going to contact equisearch, and then try to get ahold of Mark Klass and Tim Miller, who have been mentioned several times here.

We are still continuing to try and stir up media interest.

If anyone has any more ideas, please post them.

LE should have Billies phone records to look at today. Supposedly the other girl's phone has already been checked, with no calls from Billie's number on Monday.

It was not me who said Hailey got an i-pod, it was another poster who saw it on FB.

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has contacted Billie. That paperwork will be filled out and faxed back this morning. We are going to contact equisearch, and then try to get ahold of Mark Klass and Tim Miller, who have been mentioned several times here.

BBM

If you can get Tim Miller involved, he is wonderful and will do everything within his ability to find Hailey. And having a daughter himself that went missing and was found murdered, he is a good support for parents as well. Marc Klaas also.

I don't feel as though she would have gone with a stranger, I am simply saying that if she had been talking to someone on the phone, or computer, it is a possibility. I had a friend when we were about Hailey's age, and who seemed a lot like Hailey, very sweet, innocent and loving. But when an older boy she had been talking to for some time, asked her to do that very thing, she did without hesitation. I'm hoping and praying that they find this sweet girl soon. My niece goes to school with Hailey and is very shaken up by this, as I'm sure we all are.

Okay this popped into my head....
If Hailey went with a boy and has now been gone for a week, he is missing too. If Hailey went with an adult 18 years or older and has now been gone for a week, jmo but she is 13, this is an abduction.

The wheels are turning YAY ! Thank you so much for the updates czgtz .

It was I who posted about the Ipod, and it was last christmas she recieved it. It was from a post from Hailey's MS.....

here is a link to something extremely helpful...: this is a survival guide for what to do when you child is missing including how to deal with the media, LE, etc:

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/childismissing/contents.html

Does anyone else besides me think that the more media coverage Haliey gets that LE will get their butts in gear and finally put out an amber alert?

BBM...I apologize it was post 261 that delivered this information. So Sorry.

czgtz -

Just a thought but maybe you could send out a long winded twitlonger to Richelle as well and explain who you are and give her more info. Just a thought.

Get her poster up in truck stops. Perferrably at registers, front doors, as well as bathrooms, gas station pumps.

what makes me very angry is how much this is seeming similar to the case of Kayleah Wilson... (((I of course pray the outcome is not the same! I pray she is found safely soon!!))) but the lack of media coverage, the same age and the runaway label are all the same. Kayleah was even walking to a friend's house at the time.

this. is. not. acceptable.... She is 13 and missing...

MOO....

czgtz -

Just a thought but maybe you could send out a long winded twitlonger to Richelle as well and explain who you are and give her more info. Just a thought.
might even be beneficial to hit up the Kayleah Wilson story as well.... tell the reporter ((or ask the reporter LOL)) do they want to be responsible for another case of misplaced labels! They need to get the story straight as soon as possible and get her face out there.

At what point do you start searching fields and wooded areas? I don't want to give up hope, but am afraid as time passes more clues could be overlooked.

In cases we've discussed here on WS, which are many, searches can be very useful even in the first 24 hours. When bad things happen, people get careless. They discard evidence, make suspicious purchases on videotape, drive around in the middle of nowhere then tell police they spent the day at home alone. The longer evidence sits the bigger chance of it being scavenged by wildlife or destroyed by the elements.

I understand that it sounds harsh to be critical of the local PD. I feel safe in saying that most of us who watch these types of missing children cases can plainly see deficiencies in the way CCPD is portraying itself in the public and the media. They leave the impression that calling Hailey a runaway, which sounds like blaming the victim, somehow explains the lack of progress in finding her. Quotes from Chief Bivins himself acknowledge that they were back at square on after several days of investigation. The lastest official info available is several days old, and promotes a theory which denies clear evidence that Hailey most probably has met with foul play; no money, no suspicious communications, no gossip from close friends, no threats of running off, and social network pages with very sporadic posts about cute babies, belief in God, Love of family,petty name calling among peers, and being bored with Nana. Girls who run away have very different things on their webpages! Hailey's "Heros" are her Daddy and her big brother, for goodness sake!

There is a time for being careful not to offend grown adults, and that time is not when a child's life is at stake and local police appear to be getting no closer to finding her. I love police officers, they risk their lives to protect us, but in this case, it appears they need some help from someone very experienced in finding missing children who have met with foul play.

Whew! That's my opinion, for what it's worth. Redcat , you are wonderful to be keeping Hailey in the news. I am sure the police are hardworking and exhausted and have done the absolute best they can. Maybe CCPD could use your public relations skills to clear up widespread misperceptions, if we are mistaken!

(MOO all over the place!)

Thank you everyone for helping get all of this media attention!!!!

I do want to restate my previous opinion that while I am frustrated at the lack of any leads of Hailey's whearabouts, I agree with redcat. The members of the local LE (all departments) are good people, and I know that every single one of them wants Hailey found safe and returned home. I am sure they have the best of intentions.

The only problem I have is that they turned down help from the Abilene PD. They should be taking whatever help is offered, especially considering the small force, lack of experience in abductions, and length of time Hailey has been gone. Not to mention that they are publicly saying that they have no evidence of anything.

I couldn't care less which agency finds Hailey, or which TV show someone is watching when they see a picture of Hailey and call in with a tip, or who gets the reward. The only thing I care about is Hailey's safe and swift return.

One of my best friends is a manager at the Big Spring TA truck stop...got a call into her now to make sure she has the flyers and will send them out to all TA's.

Thank you everyone for helping get all of this media attention!!!!

I do want to restate my previous opinion that while I am frustrated at the lack of any leads of Hailey's whearabouts, I agree with redcat. The members of the local LE (all departments) are good people, and I know that every single one of them wants Hailey found safe and returned home. I am sure they have the best of intentions.

The only problem I have is that they turned down help from the Abilene PD. They should be taking whatever help is offered, especially considering the small force, lack of experience in abductions, and length of time Hailey has been gone. Not to mention that they are publicly saying that they have no evidence of anything.

I couldn't care less which agency finds Hailey, or which TV show someone is watching when they see a picture of Hailey and call in with a tip, or who gets the reward. The only thing I care about is Hailey's safe and swift return.

BBM....

Oh wow that is just ridiculous if you ask me!! Why would they do that? As you said they should be taking any help they can get.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beyondthewallofsleep
Back