CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Georgia's and Bob's things will show up soon on eBay or Craigs List.

Nope-Rim Of The World. :innocent:

Isnt that where the side board from the dining room set ended up?

Sorry if this was covered already. Do we know whether grandson has made any payments against the loan for his house? Just wondering if he had or not and if his parents JM and JM have been helping him out.

I am sure he has to. I mean that is a whole lot of money to "forgive" but who knows.

I am sure he has to. I mean that is a whole lot of money to "forgive" but who knows.

I don't believe the trustees have the power to forgive such a large amount of money......... Not if they are honoring their parents wishes and best interests.

(respectfully snipped)

Wow, I wonder where that truck (and its contents) went? So far as I know, none of the daughters (not JM, RB, PB), nor grandson AH, has established some sort of a Georgia (and Robert?) Museum, so one must assume there was one, or several, distribution points for the haul. Let's hope someone was hanging around to watch that happen.

A Georgia museum :floorlaugh: perhaps one will be opened for business after a certain house is forclosed upon?

This is all so sad. Sort of "dark humor" as on M.A.S.H. One laughs to keep from crying.

Wonder how Fontelle is living in that house now that everything but the mattress and chair lift have been sto.., uh, taken..., uh, removed. How on earth is she managing? That poor, poor woman. What a rough ride for her all the way.

It is my understanding Fontelle is vacationing and visiting family, so she isn't staying in the placentia home currently.

I agree with the laughing to keep from crying, and funny you mention M.A.S.H. I wake early sometimes and the show airs at a very early hour. Bob crosses my mind everytime I catch the show.

Thanks for that info, cubby. Can't even imagine how she can return there with almost nothing in the house anymore. Seems like they have succeeded in getting her out of "their parents" home. grrr

C'mon justice.

C'mon Justice is right, though I have a strong idea when it does - the length of time will allow Justice to show itself with a snowball effect. It will definately roll in with a bang!

It's going to be difficult, undoubtedly, to return to a home where all trace of her husband has been removed. Except for his mattresses. And Fontelle, on a fixed income and spousal support that covers simply the expenses on the home, needs to find a way to furnish it quick. I wonder if that is her responsibility as a "tenant"-isnt that what they called their step mother?

It's going to be difficult, undoubtedly, to return to a home where all trace of her husband has been removed. Except for his mattresses. And Fontelle, on a fixed income and spousal support that covers simply the expenses on the home, needs to find a way to furnish it quick. I wonder if that is her responsibility as a "tenant"-isnt that what they called their step mother?

I guess all that "concern" that the house stay as their father left it is long gone...huh?

Mattresses:
Sitting on the bare floors.

Chair lift:
Sitting at the bottom of the lift.

Robert is gone.
House is emptied.

Is there a reason for Fontelle to come back to Placentia?
Well,there is justice, but when will that be?

She could come back, buy a bed frame, dresser, couch, tv, table, chairs, clock, dishes, silverware, glasses, and hang in there.
....Of course, she would need her family members to help her out, take her shopping or shop for her, since she is legally blind.

She could ask LE to come in and do any kind of forensic evidence tracing they can think of.
....Of course, LE would have to believe they would find trace evidence at the house.

She could ask a private firm to come in and test the house for forensic evidence.
....Of course, that could be costly.

She could stay away and continue to pay the expenses of the Placentia house.
....Of course she could then ask for the same evidence testing to be done and not have to look at the stripped home of her husband and her home for the last 18 months.

Does the idea of the stripped down to the bones house make anyone else feel
that all of Robert Harrod,
his life and his belongings have been scattered to the winds?

With the information currently available to us it appears all of Bob Harrods life was scattered to the winds the day he was taken from his home and was active the following day based on daughter JM's post( now removed from ROTW) she was in the home to change the linens and stayed in the home until Fontelle's arrival.

We can only wonder who had access and what was done between the time Julie arrived on Tuesday and Fontelles arrival Wednesday.

Caught up reading here now, and I like the idea of testing for forensic evidence if that has not been done. Would even be happy to contribute to that cause.

Mattresses:

Chair lift:

Robert is gone.
House is emptied.

She could come back, buy a bed frame, dresser, couch, tv, table, chairs, clock, dishes, silverware, glasses, and hang in there.
....Of course, she would need her family members to help her out, take her shopping or shop for her, since she is legally blind.

She could ask LE to come in and do any kind of forensic evidence tracing they can think of.
....Of course, LE would have to believe they would find trace evidence at the house.

She could ask a private firm to come in and test the house for forensic evidence.

....Of course she could then ask for the same evidence testing to be done and not have to look at the stripped home of her husband and her home for the last 18 months.

Yes, and it makes me want to cry...

Mattresses:

Chair lift:

Robert is gone.
House is emptied.

Oh dream, leave it to you to sum it all up in such a way. It raised the hair on the back of my neck...suddenly it all seemed so desolate and stark....I am hoping the spring will bring some answers for all of the people whose regard for Robert Merle Harrod prevents them from putting this torch down.

I was thinking, three moving vans, three daughters, a designated van for each person.

Before we go any further with this thought, better clear up how many moving vans. According to my kids there was just one king sized North American Van Line truck in front of the house. Movers came out with load after load of furniture and boxes well into the evening. There were also several non-neighbor cars parked near the house.

I suppose Mr. Harrod is paying for all of this. When you think the three daughters can't stoop any lower, they do!

Just a little over a week after her father disappeared daughter R posted:

"We all had such high hopes that our Dad and Fontelle could live happily ever after in whatever lifestyle they wanted. Life is just too dang short for him to have scrimpted and saved all these years to not have a chance to enjoy life a little with Fontelle in their golden years."

Money again and again. Why did R feel the need to post this shortly after her father vanished?

This is called 'staging.'

What a *crock*

From the outside looking in, this is so unbelieveably INSINCERE! :mad:

JMHO
fran

Thanks for the info. Did your children say whether JM was driving the white Honda Ridgeline pickup truck when he left?

Yes, it was the Honda Ridgeline pickup truck that SIL was driving.

Last Friday there were people at Bob's house. Apparently more boxes were taken out of his house or garage. Again, more non-neighbor cars were there and a loud female voice could be heard. My family was not sure what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member