CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. (BBM) I wonder why the PI the girls have hired has done no press release, no media blitz..... I too would love to see this PI put out a press release from the daughters and SIL.

Maybe a press release was started but hasn't been finished yet since PI has only been able to work on it for a minute or two per month in the last 14 months. IMO

Maybe a press release was started but hasn't been finished yet since PI has only been able to work on it for a minute or two per month in the last 14 months. IMO

Yet when daughter JM's favorite forum, ROTW, was going to be shut down JM was willing to volunteer, contribute money, and put together data and spreadsheets.

It is striking witnessing the totally opposite way in which JM handled the threatened shut-down of an internet forum compared to the way JM handled the disappearance of her father.

Talk about baby steps!!!!

If he is working a missing persons case a PR or press release is 'PI 101- pretty basic stuff. IIRC the daughters posted they hired a PI within a few months of Bobs disappearance. Surely he's had more than 14 months now, so why no press release? This is an excellent opportunity for the daughters and SIL to make a statement directly through their PI after their disappointment in how they were presented by the media.

If he is working a missing persons case a PR or press release is 'PI 101- pretty basic stuff. IIRC the daughters posted they hired a PI within a few months of Bobs disappearance. Surely he's had more than 14 months now, so why no press release? This is an excellent opportunity for the daughters and SIL to make a statement directly through their PI after their disappointment in how they were presented by the media.

Yeah, I'm baffled. On January 9, 2010, daughter JM posted on ROTW (since removed) that they had hired a PI and he was "digging." Maybe he's still in the "digging" and "analyzing" phase.

I think that is fair-scheduled polygraphs and a media blitz. Like the blitz they enacted when he went missing. Who did pay for whatever missing posters were placed around the neighborhood and beyond? Who did give a press conference to Fox News, and who yelled disparaging remarks that her father was "just a cook."

[snipped]

I'd like to see the video of the press conference to Fox News.

I did a search and found this Fox 11 story from July 29, 2009 that includes a video I hadn't seen before.

Watch daughter JM starting at about 01:30.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/81_Year_Old_Newlywed_Vanishes_in_OC_20090729

I'd like to see the video of the press conference to Fox News.

I did a search and found this Fox 11 story from July 29, 2009 that includes a video I hadn't seen before.

Watch daughter JM starting at about 01:30.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/81_Year_Old_Newlywed_Vanishes_in_OC_20090729

Thank you! I never saw that one either. Fontelle looks so fragile and confused, as I would be in that same situation. This whole thing infuriates me! Those two people deserved to have at least a few happy years together. Just makes me sick.

Yeah, I'm baffled. On January 9, 2010, daughter JM posted on ROTW (since removed) that they had hired a PI and he was "digging." Maybe he's still in the "digging" and "analyzing" phase.

All of this IMO. Yes, 'digging and analyzing' I guess, and we should perhaps add 'working closely' with the PPD? (Oh yes, and noted about the 'since removed' -- this is not a first time, for those just joining the conversation.)

Part of me pities this PI. I wonder what his mandate is. I am sorry that anyone might feel compelled to do such work at what would likely be a bad pay grade (relative to what we might guess are the months of work involved). The amount suggested as his pay should hardly qualify as a signing bonus if he is tasked as he might be.

Thank you! I never saw that one either. Fontelle looks so fragile and confused, as I would be in that same situation.

With respect, I think Fontelle looked (and 'did') terrific in her segments. I cannot say the same for Bob's daughter JM, however hard she tried to say the right things on camera. Compare the demeanor, compare what they say. Fontelle stays on point. IMO, Daughter JM looks sweaty and as if she's on a cocktail of psych meds. She's over-emoting, trying to sell a story. If it helps, mute the sound and watch the video on its own. JM keeps shaking her head, looking for signs that the person interviewing her is buying her story. (The same can be noted in her other video interviews -- alas, the extent of her participation in 'finding her father'.) Perhaps she looks flustered, but I have a hard time seeing JM as looking unhappy.

As a side note, I realize that JM has insinuated herself into many people's lives. Some of you may be reading this right now. On an internet forum dedicated to her community, she is a yappy, know-it-all expert in all range of things: the weather, politics, animal care, trite music and movies -- you name it. We're talking in the 5k range for the post-count (although I'm unsure if that includes all of those she deletes -- or thinks she deletes). And yet, I think it's only fair to say that almost none of that posting energy has been dedicated to finding her father. Why is that? Why is the list of items that she wanted from her dad's house the longest document she has ever composed related to him?

I can only hope that this charade is nearly over. The truth will out.

One of Bob's daughters did a very long case history on Cheri's Corner Forums, in September, 2010.
Has that been posted here?
Would it be okay to post a link to it?
I found it very interesting, to say the least.

I think the final paragraph on page 3 and page 4 really say it all.

Attachments

• RMHPR2.pdf
    330.6 KB · Views: 60

Thank you! Now we know the source of the 11:00AM time that Bob was last seen. Bob’s daughter J is the one who told Fontelle at approximately 9PM PT on July 27th that Bob was last seen by J’s husband JM (Bob’s son-in-law) at approximately 11:00AM. Most likely daughter J and husband JM were together when J called Fontelle and gave her that information.

IMO, time most likely shifted to later in the day after this based on the Home Depot receipt and further consideration of the “story” by parties involved.

From Missing Person Report Page 1:

Date/Time Missing: 7-27-09/1100

Snipped from Missing Person Report Narrative dated July 28, 2009:

Fontelle said on 07-27-2009 at approximately 2100 hours (Pacific time) she was contacted by her daughter in law, “JM,” who told her that Fontelle’s husband (Julie’s father), Robert Harrod, had not been seen since approximately 1100 hours on 07-27-2009. Fontelle said Julie told her that Julie’s husband, “JM,” had been at Robert and Fontelle’s home (522 Carnation) on 07-27-2009 at approximately 1100 hours.

Thank youfor posting this!

So.....On the day Mr. Harrod disappeared GS(AH) told PPD there had been fighting in the family recently and Mr. Harrod was very frustrated over the situation.

Thank youfor posting this!

So.....On the day Mr. Harrod disappeared GS(AH) told PPD there had been fighting in the family recently and Mr. Harrod was very frustrated over the situation.

Yes. Very interesting.

Snipped from Missing Person Report Supplemental dated July 27, 2009, written by PPD officer in regard to his conversation with Bob’s grandson, AH (son of JM and JM):

“”A” told me that it was not like his grandfather to leave without telling anybody where he was going. “A continued and said that there had been fighting in the family recently and Robert was very frustrated over the situation.

“A” said his grandfather probably left to get away from the family problems. He provided no further information.

So on the evening of July 27, 2009, grandson AH was aware that "there had been fighting in the family recently..."

Yet on August 11, 2009, daughter PB assured everyone (post on IS since removed) that they all left the Sunday meeting "on good terms."

And daughter RB assured everyone (post on IS since removed) that they "sat around making small talk and happy talk..."

According to daughter PB, the daughters had a copy of the report early on ("In the beginning of all this mess we the family were able to obtain a copy of the police report and I did receive a copy that was given to a bank as they required a copy.")

Daughter RB posted a paraphrased "version" on August 11, 2010.

In comparing what daughter RB posted as "paraphrased" to the version posted by Believe, I noted that daughter RB conveniently left out any mention of the time last seen and the son-in-law, which they've been very vague about all along. Now I know why, IMO.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/s...b-Harrod-81-the-newlywed-missing-7-2009/page4

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/s...b-Harrod-81-the-newlywed-missing-7-2009/page3

Really it all comes down to the spontaneous statement made by AH to a sworn officer of the law about what had been going on leading up to the disappearance.

That and the 11AM timeline. Now we have the origin of that. Good stuff.

Poor Bob :(.

One additional thought-given that the officers noted how clean yet cluttered the house was...why the appearance of JM to tidy up? I mean, the house had been freshly cleaned.

Ah well...all those little details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member