State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait. Bet the courtroom will be packed. Wish I could have seen BC's face when the smoking gun was revealed. I wonder if Kurtz still believes in his client, like he once told me he did?

Also, just wanted to thank all of you who wished me Happy Birthday! :)

Hope you had a birthday celebration tonight!
I would love to be in the courtroom tomorrow myself. I keep thinking I'll go and then decide at the last moment not to.
I have always been interested in knowing if defense attorneys actually believe their clients are always innocent. I have mentioned on here previously that some want to know the truth so they won't be blind-sided by anything....and others say they would rather not know. Kurtz is doing a good job, I'll say that for him. Even if he drives everybody nuts. Hope I never need him though.

And we still have the phone call she made to him that morning.

Correct, we have the phone call still to be addressed, but not necessarily that NC made the call. Hopefully you don't believe that since a call was made that it must 100% be made by NC.

Ohhh Thanks NCEast..I thought I was losing it..but given the end of the day motion to supress and the comments Kurtz made about being able to cross properly tho he did elicit inability to link spoofing from laptop..I thought he might have been finished..Guess we will see in the morning when the lights go back on, eh?
Thanks again Bud!! Now I can get a late din din :seeya: See ya tomorrow morning :great:

Have a good 'rest of the night' LyLo!!

My closing thoughts for the evening (not that you have to read them or put stock in them)

1) The jury is so lost they either A) convict on this or B) let him walk on the general insanity.

2) Maybe they convict him based on the preponderance of the whole picture, but then CART becomes PR sometime in the next five years and the whole thing is kicked in appeals. (IMO, that's why Trenkle and Kurtz were on this, because of the techno-angle AND I think it's why Boz is on it, because some of these decisions are long-reaching)

3) The judge recuses himself based on the internet nonsense and the WCDA decides to hold Mr. Cupper another year or so, and aliens spirit him away in the night to Canada.

OR

We end up with a mistrial.

That's how much of a crap shoot it is. And REMEMBER, (though a lotta folks here are ANTI-defense lawyers) the Defense has not gone yet and there is not telling how much spaghetti they have in their gun. I could fall for a plausible conspiracy as much as I could fall for google maps from 2008.

She advised it because it is the law....you leave the home the other person can claim you abandoned the family. In NC you have to live together 1 year before divorce is granted. Not defending the law, but that is the law.

Actually, in NC I am pretty sure you have to live APART when legally seperated for 1 year before divorce is granted

Two thots, JF. 1) you're hilarious and 2) i am now convinced it will never end. There are people who fall in love with jailed murderers and marry them. Therefore I do not anticipate some will ever believe.

That is so true.
When I was elected case president of the Jason Young is guilty board, I encountered several of these women. For whatever reason , they do exist.
I have yet to understand what makes them tick, though.

Maybe he's talking about a leak that promoted all those people to rush to the courtroom (and on the Internet) in sudden defense of Brad? Dunno...

Maybe he means it has been discovered that someone from the defense team is posing and posting on WS or Twitter or GOLO.

My take was that the FBI used a very secretive tool that is not readily available. I recall Zell using the analogy that if the technology was released that child *advertiser censored* folks could use it to delete/change/alter their own files. I also recall that Zell argued that it had never been available in any other court cases so why should the FBI make it available to this one, or something along those lines. Don't know if I understood it all or not.
I just [inexplicably] watched that episode. 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. But, anyway, the points that Kurtz and Zell were making were intentionally different and the judge didn't understand the technology enough to appreciate the difference.

Basically, you have:

thinkpad_disk -> software_magic -> human_readable_info

Now, Kurtz was arguing that it was actually:

thinkpad_disk -> state's_software_magic -> state's_human_readable_info

and

thinkpad_disk -> defense's_software_magic -> defense's_human_readable_info

And that state's_human_readable_info and defense's_human_readable_info were different and that he hadn't had an opportunity to see states's_human_readable_info and therefore he didn't know how to cross examine the witness on it. So he wanted that witness's testimony and anything related to thinkpad_disk thrown out.

When he lost that battle, he switched to asking for them to at least give him either state's_software_magic or state's_human_readable_info now.

Zell's argument was, we gave them thinkpad_disk so they can get any info that they like from it. We can't give them state's_software_magic because it is top-secret and could have national security implications.

Zell did a good job of kind of muddying the waters so as to not really have to answer the question: if they can't give them state's_software_magic , why can't they at least give them the output of that magic, which is state's_human_readable_info.

My closing thoughts for the evening (not that you have to read them or put stock in them)

1) The jury is so lost they either A) convict on this or B) let him walk on the general insanity.

2) Maybe they convict him based on the preponderance of the whole picture, but then CART becomes PR sometime in the next five years and the whole thing is kicked in appeals. (IMO, that's why Trenkle and Kurtz were on this, because of the techno-angle AND I think it's why Boz is on it, because some of these decisions are long-reaching)

3) The judge recuses himself based on the internet nonsense and the WCDA decides to hold Mr. Cupper another year or so, and aliens spirit him away in the night to Canada.

OR

We end up with a mistrial.

That's how much of a crap shoot it is. And REMEMBER, (though a lotta folks here are ANTI-defense lawyers) the Defense has not gone yet and there is not telling how much spaghetti they have in their gun. I could fall for a plausible conspiracy as much as I could fall for google maps from 2008.

Thanks for your take. I don't want a mistrial under any circumstance. My issues have been with the jury. I began worrying several weeks ago that they were going to get lost. I don't want them to convict him solely because he was an evil person. I want them to know the facts, study the evidence, and decide based on what information they have taken from the evidence presented. That's all we can ask for. As for Judge Gessner, gotta love that he's trying.....sure hope he shows up tomorrow :)

Actually, in NC I am pretty sure you have to live APART when legally seperated for 1 year before divorce is granted

That's what I have always thought but I heard a family law attorney say one time that the year could be counted from the last time the couple had sex. From the point of no sex it could be determined that they were estranged. I have no idea if that's correct but family law-- separation, divorce and child custody were his areas of expertise.

I'm headed for a bit of tv. I've enjoyed you guys today!
Sleep good :)

Ohhh Thanks NCEast..I thought I was losing it..but given the end of the day motion to supress and the comments Kurtz made about being able to cross properly tho he did elicit inability to link spoofing from laptop..I thought he might have been finished..Guess we will see in the morning when the lights go back on, eh?
Thanks again Bud!! Now I can get a late din din :seeya: See ya tomorrow morning :great:

I'm pretty sure that motion to suppress was prior to court starting this afternoon. I remember it being mentioned in tweets while we were waiting to get any news of testimony.

I think BC was looking at his home to find a site to dispose of a body and it became the wooded area of FD since it was close and hidden. I doubt he was directly looking up FD.

In 41 second he found it just from a search on 27815? I am not buying that.

That's what I have always thought but I heard a family law attorney say one time that the year could be counted from the last time the couple had sex. From the point of no sex it could be determined that they were estranged. I have no idea if that's correct but family law-- separation, divorce and child custody were his areas of expertise.

According to my idiot co-worker - it was from the last time they had marital relations. But he's an idiot and I think he and his wife fudged the date so that he could collect on some insurance payoff from the arson of a house she had signed over to him previously, which was just after he was involved in an embezzlement case involving used car sales and stolen airplane parts - and in two months time he purchased 5 Jeeps. Anybody want to trade co-workers?

I'm pretty sure that motion to suppress was prior to court starting this afternoon. I remember it being mentioned in tweets while we were waiting to get any news of testimony.

I'm thinking you are correct.

SleuthSayer, are you ok?
I know a juror had to leave early today, apparently because of the sudden shock out of nowhere this afternoon.

I just listened to the only part taped this am on the Defense asking for the MFT output from the FBI, which would differ if Defense ran their tools to get it, so he could cross them. The Judge looked like it as all over his head, and the Pros was double talking, trying to say it was National Security. No one asked for procedures of the FBI, they asked for the output. What bothers me is that our government should not have this much power over its citizens that they can say something and you just have to accept it is true without you being allowed to review it, or the output they are using to say you did something. I think this is still the USA and not the USSA.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1755 (Pennsylvania Assembly: Reply to the Governor, Tue, Nov 11, 1755)

Correct, we have the phone call still to be addressed, but not necessarily that NC made the call. Hopefully you don't believe that since a call was made that it must 100% be made by NC.

Until I am shown evidence that proves it was not her, I believe it was her. No, I don't think he spoofed it. I don't think he did a search on Fielding Drive either once you read comments of what was actually said in the court today. All the witness said was it appeared to be Fielding Drive when questioned, despite some news sites on air reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025