Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
lauriej said:
...property to be seized:

.".fingerprints, bloodstains, fired and unfired bullets and casings...firearms..cellphoneS, radar detectorS, portable cd player.......footwear impressions..."

i can understand unfired bullets.........but fired bullets ?..footwear impressions, i guess that would account for the numerous pairs of shoes taken...
That was property to be seized IF they found any during the search. Those are specific items that they were to be looking for, not that they found, (I guess in the event that there WAS a shooting). I'm confused by the radar detectors and the portable cd player ... what's that about?

I don't know if this is useful or not, but I researched what the weather was like the night of the murder. There was a trace amount of rain on April 26th, but no rain in the 2 days prior.

Therefore, any evidence outside of the house would not have been compromised due to the weather. We also know the weather was mild enough to allow for a soccer game.

Here is a link to the climate report I used:
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/data/rdulcd.april.2005.html

And here is a link to help you decipher that report:
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/rah/ref/form.f6.ref.html

juliagoulia said:
I don't know if this is useful or not, but I researched what the weather was like the night of the murder. There was a trace amount of rain on April 26th, but no rain in the 2 days prior.

Therefore, any evidence outside of the house would not have been compromised due to the weather. We also know the weather was mild enough to allow for a soccer game.

Here is a link to the climate report I used:
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/data/rdulcd.april.2005.html

And here is a link to help you decipher that report:
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/rah/ref/form.f6.ref.html
Thanks, I think that is useful information.

Timex said:
Ok, so you arrive home to find your spouse covered in blood...whats the first thing you think of as a parent?
I keep going back to that too. I would say check the spouse, grab the kids and get them out.

JerseyGirl said:
That was property to be seized IF they found any during the search. Those are specific items that they were to be looking for, not that they found, (I guess in the event that there WAS a shooting). I'm confused by the radar detectors and the portable cd player ... what's that about?
............no idea........i'm thinking these items listed on the warrant could perhaps have blood spatters on them ? as they didn't take EVERYTHING out of the office room, ie: desk etc.......the items they DID take had to have signifigance...

Awesome job today guys!

Co-worker: Abaroas didn't have a landline and Janet had a cell phone. If the co-worker saw on the news that a female was killed on Ferrand Drive, tried to email or IM Janet with no response, and then tried Janet's cell phone with no response, I completely agree with SES's thinking, she would go over there to check. There would be no computer IMing or emailing back and forth and then the conversation dropped off.....it was that he/she didn't receive a response back after hearing about the murder. That really is the only scenario that seems rational to me.

Soccer game: As someone pointed out earlier, sorry can't remember which poster, the soccer game alibi was told to the media by a family member. Maybe Raven didn't tell LE he was at a soccer game, but only told his family that. There was also the unconfirmed rumor that the family was told it was suicide. Since there is no more mention from the media about the soccer game (even On the Record stated Raven came home that night - didn't say from what), maybe that was what the family was initially told by Raven. However, if Raven didn't tell LE that was where he was, no soccer game alibi needed to be checked. This would make sense since, to our knowledge, NO ONE has come forward to say he played with them or against them that night, the media hasn't checked out leads with alleged soccer players, and no one posting to this forum that knows Raven has indicated that he was at a soccer game......so, as of now, I am of the impression, Raven wasn't at a soccer game that night.

Work schedule: When did Raven work? I noticed on his website (Ravenstree.com) that he posts pictures of Kaiden that were taken Monday morning, April 25. He is trying to show a scar over Kaiden's eye, which he received by falling off the bed WHILE DAD WAS SLEEPING!!!!!! Now, I am assuming that Janet was at work (trying to support the family and Husband's bad business decisions or however he words it) and Dad is sleeping instead of caring for their child. The child suffers an injury due to Dad's lack of supervision. You are at work.....your husband isn't.....he is supposed to be helping out by taking care of your child and is sleeping instead......I WOULD BE TICKED!!!!!

Raven writes under the images: "4/25/05: this is an image of Kaiden snoozing after a bottle. I tried capturing an image of his Harry Potter like scar running above his right eye. This morning he decided to go for the remote control on the ground while on the bed with Daddy. Oops, Daddy was snoozing and thought Kaiden was too. Fortunately for us both he stopped crying once he got the remote."

re: the warrant.....( i can see now wht SES has become absorbed in it....! i 'skimmed it the 1st few times, but reading it over..................:)

http://www.wral.com/slideshow/4444879/detail.html?qs=;s=4;w=800

..........."this applicant has been in LE for 27 years.....currently assigned to homicide of durham police....."

..."at 12:13 a.m.april 27 i entered the residence....white female in upstairs bedroom, on her back, what appeared to be a stab wound to the chest.....large amt. of blood near the body....stainS on the walls....blood stains near the side door, on the south side of the residence...12:25 i departed the residence.....

..............he was there for a total of 12 minutes !!!????

...i'm losing faith in the durham LE.....AND the state crime lab that is sooooooooooo backed up.....

..yes, i can see that ongoing child *advertiser censored* etc. investigations might take precedence to protect a living victim.............but....to put a murder victim on the back burner, while evidence etc grows cold...........( ie: if they haven't luminolled the entire house and ALL abaroa vehicles by now, they'll lose out on that...........esp. the jeep that raven ( financially stressed as he was..........) just "gave away" to a friend....

...if i lived in durham, and had only read the media reports of this crime, there would be no way i'd believe the public had nothing to fear.........not random..but...no suspects..but....no-one in custody...but...no arrest....nothing new to report...

...my only hope is that LE does in fact have a suspect in mnd......they are putiing together a "solid case" against him/her....making sure all the i's are dotted, so he/she won't walk on a technicality......and will announce an arrest soon ..

lauriej said:
..............he was there for a total of 12 minutes !!!????
Hopefully this indicates a good thing....he has 27 years experience, knew what to look for, saw it and immediately went out and got the search warrant!

ewwwinteresting said:
Hopefully this indicates a good thing....he has 27 years experience, knew what to look for, saw it and immediately went out and got the search warrant!
......yes, that's the good way to look at it.......i was just shocked that he'd be there 12 minutes.........of course there were other media reports that "they"..............( CSI as opposed to this detective ) being there for 24 hours collecting evidence.........

...now, for that evidence to get back to the detective.............THAT appears to be the hold-up...

...i don't know what we can expect to hear tomorrow...with raven in court...( or at least his court date, whether he's req'd to be there or not.............) surely something will come of the embezzlement charges, and there will be SOMETHING new reported by media.......

JerseyGirl said:
ETA: I just noticed that it was the master bathroom floor, (I thought it said bedroom at first :doh: ). If it turns out to be Janet's blood, I will be dangling from the fence by a fingertip. I could even understand blood in the master bedroom if the perp was looking for something to steal or if Raven ran in there to use the phone. But what on earth would the perp be doing in the bathroom? Not stealing. And I'm as sure as I can be that if they had a land line that the phone was not located in the bathroom. Would the perp take the time to go rinse his/her hands before fleeing? :waitasec:
Good pickup.......IMO, IF Raven murdered his wife, I would think he would try to clean up at the house first, but not someone who didn't live there.

I'm looking at the pictures on Ravenstree.com again. I noticed this one:

http://ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0411.JPG
Raven writes: "4/9/05 Kaiden's first hiking trip with mom and dad. He spent most of his time watching dad's feet as I hiked. I think he's really anxious to start using his feet to walk (and play soccer). We've got great video footage with Kaiden and Mommy, wish I could figure out how to post it!"

IF Raven had to clean up and hide evidence in a hurry.....wouldn't you go someplace you already knew? What if Raven went back to this hiking place and buried the clothes.....knive....whatever? I don't believe LE would think to look there and the items possibly would never show up if buried deep enough. I may be a lousy "pretend" detective, but I would certainly want to see that video and then go check the place they hiked.....if anything, just to see if the dirt from his shoes or vehicle matched the place. Where is the motorcycle? IMO, that would be the vehicle I think he would take to go hide evidence.....not the car. Motorcycles can go lots of places cars can't.

ewwwinteresting said:
Good pickup.......IMO, IF Raven murdered his wife, I would think he would try to clean up at the house first, but not someone who didn't live there.

I'm looking at the pictures on Ravenstree.com again. I noticed this one:

http://ravenstree.com/images/Kaiden%20Images/IMGA0411.JPG
Raven writes: "4/9/05 Kaiden's first hiking trip with mom and dad. He spent most of his time watching dad's feet as I hiked. I think he's really anxious to start using his feet to walk (and play soccer). We've got great video footage with Kaiden and Mommy, wish I could figure out how to post it!"

IF Raven had to clean up and hide evidence in a hurry.....wouldn't you go someplace you already knew? What if Raven went back to this hiking place and buried the clothes.....knive....whatever? I don't believe LE would think to look there and the items possibly would never show up if buried deep enough. I may be a lousy "pretend" detective, but I would certainly want to see that video and then go check the place they hiked.....if anything, just to see if the dirt from his shoes or vehicle matched the place. Where is the motorcycle? IMO, that would be the vehicle I think he would take to go hide evidence.....not the car. Motorcycles can go lots of places cars can't.
...............good thinking.......! if raven IS the perp, a quick burn out of there on the bike would make sense , to a location to quickly bury evidence...

...and yes, the warrant only lists ...under vehicle(s)...............dodge durango..VIN#....parked in the side drive...

...we know NOW where the other vehicles are...but, that nite, where were they ???

SouthEastSleuth said:
another theory I've always toyed with is this:

He could have murdered Janet, THEN gone to play soccer, just to CREATE an alibi. Again, what would be vitally important to know here is TOD...
I agree with SES. Also isnt there a statement somewhere that says that Raven came home and checked on the baby/made sure he was tucked in or such first before noticing his wife. I think he was checking to make sure he was ok because he had been left unattended. Yes, TOD would be interesting to know.

Tammie63 said:
Also isnt there a statement somewhere that says that Raven came home and checked on the baby/made sure he was tucked in or such first before noticing his wife. I think he was checking to make sure he was ok because he had been left unattended. Yes, TOD would be interesting to know.
You may have something here.....

Tammie63 said:
I agree with SES. Also isnt there a statement somewhere that says that Raven came home and checked on the baby/made sure he was tucked in or such first before noticing his wife. I think he was checking to make sure he was ok because he had been left unattended. Yes, TOD would be interesting to know.
....hi tammie.........and welcome..!

yes...there was an article stating that:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/news/042805_NW_abaroa.html

"When he returned, he went to Kaiden's room and kissed him good night. Raven discovered his wife's body moments later in another part of the house, according to one of his brothers. "

........TOD is very key here, due to the reports that co-worker(s) had been in touch with janet that evening, ..........and then were alarmed that she hadn't responded to them............( WHEN were they in touch with her ??? at what time ??? before or after raven left that nite ???)

lauriej said:
....hi tammie.........and welcome..!

yes...there was an article stating that:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/news/042805_NW_abaroa.html

"When he returned, he went to Kaiden's room and kissed him good night. Raven discovered his wife's body moments later in another part of the house, according to one of his brothers. "

........TOD is very key here, due to the reports that co-worker(s) had been in touch with janet that evening, ..........and then were alarmed that she hadn't responded to them............( WHEN were they in touch with her ??? at what time ??? before or after raven left that nite ???)
.............responding to my own post, but............."another part of the house"..................as we've been informed tonight............is right across the hall from kaiden's room..........not like it's another 'wing' that was in an entirely different area.....

...and if he did kiss kaiden goodnite..then found janet's body.....would he then try to help janet ? grab kaiden and get out of there ?

lauriej said:
...and if he did kiss kaiden goodnite..then found janet's body.....would he then try to help janet ? grab kaiden and get out of there ?
Someone stated earlier today that Raven tried to help Janet. Without knowing what time Raven supposedly returned home to the time the 911 call was made, it is hard to speculate what he did. Did he look throughout the house to see if the perp was still there? How long did he try and help Janet? Did he try CPR? Did he go back to see if Kaiden had been harmed, knowing now that his wife was murdered? There are many questions on how Raven reacted to "finding" his wife's body laying in large amounts of blood.

lauriej said:
This crossed my mind as I was reading all the post from today. Maybe he did try to help or at least transferred blood from Janet to himself some how once he got home. Then feared for his and the baby's safety, grabbed baby and ran to the car to lock himself in until LE arrived. It would appear from the photos to be rather poor lit around the house since it is so far back from the road. Maybe he feared the perps was still there amongst the trees and felt the safest place would be in the vehicle explaining any transfer of blood found on to the locked vehicle.
It's late...way past my bedtime...hope this made sense.

Rooster said:
The clean up was after the house was released. The pack up was after the funeral.... Date's? ...I don't remember. The news released something while they were doing the clean up. You could find the date, of the clean up, there.
Do you happen to know what news station or newspaper covered this story? I couldn't find it.

Tammie63 said:
Then feared for his and the baby's safety, grabbed baby and ran to the car to lock himself in until LE arrived.
Hmmmm....I would think LE would state that they found Raven inside the vehicle when they arrived and not just "outside" but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member