TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to dig all this up because I was adding property searches into the mindmap timeline, so posting here while I have it all handy.

Property search references, dates, etc.

Lake House was checked by Elmore County AL approx May 11:
Elmore Co., AL authorities were asked last week by Sig. Mtn. PD to check Gail Palmgren's lake house near Montgomery. Found nothing. (1/2) Wed May 18 20:06:38 +0000 2011

Palmgren search takes investigators to Alabama
Lexis Nexis - Times Free Press - May 20, 2011 Friday
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1421151487&start=2

Ricky Lowery, chief deputy with the Elmore County Sheriff's Office, said his agency has been called out to the residence twice since Gail Palmgren was reported missing.

=======================================================

Attorney Says Palmgren Property Has Been Available For Search From The Start
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp
Chattanoogan – June 18, 2011

Attorney Davis said, “I told Signal Mountain (Police) in the first 15 minutes of talking to them about the case that they were welcome to search any of Matt Palmgren’s property.”

He said about 10 days ago a formal order was signed

(Search agreement signed approx June 8)

Search Warrant Served at Gail Palmgren’s Residence
http://chattanoogapulse.com/newsfea...ch-warrant-served-at-gail-palmgrens-residence
Chattanooga Pulse – June 24, 2011 – 1:46 pm

When asked about why it has take so long to search the residence, Janice Atkinson, public information officer for the sheriff’s department, says it was some two weeks after the disappearance before Signal Mountain police requested any assistance.

Police search Palmgren house
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/24/police-search-palmgren-house
Times Free Press - published Friday, June 24th, 2011

Detectives began to search the home of a missing 44-year-old Signal Mountain woman Thursday night

UPDATE: Police search Palmgren Home
WRCB - Updated: Jun 24, 2011 5:36 PM EDT
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/14972974/police-search-palgren-home

Nearly two months after Gail Palmgren disappearance, police search her home and a storage shed in Red Bank looking for more clues as to her whereabouts.

(First search conducted June 23 - LE waited 15 days from agreement to conduct of first two searches - home and Red Bank storage shed)

Palmgren Update: Search of apartment
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/palmgren-update:-search-of-apartment
WIVB – Published : Thursday, 07 Jul 2011, 1:06 PM EDT

“There’s a lot to do that people are not aware of. Things that are very time consuming,” said Janice Atkinson, Hamilton County Sheriff. “These searches are part of that and they will continue on doing everything they can do to locate Mrs. Palmgren.”

Sheriff’s investigators complete last of 3 local Palmgren searches
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/07/sheriffs-investigators-complete-last-3-local-palmg
Times Free Press – published Thursday, July 7th, 2011

For about 21⁄2 hours Wednesday, investigators searched the apartment of Matthew Palmgren’s mother

(Third search - Matt's mom's home - conducted Wed July 6 - LE waited 13 days from conduct of first two searches to this search)

I'm wondering if Gail indeed told the kids she was going to the lake, and if that's the new address on the COA, because of the very early search of the lake house, and the long delays until the search agreement was signed, then about 2 week long delay from agreement signing until searches 1 & 2, then another approx 2 week long delay from search 1/2 until search 3, and now we're going on another 2 weeks since the last search.

The only place LE was in a hurry to search was the lake house. I'm thinking there has to be a reason for that. They even called Elmore County and sent a couple of investigators down there, but on everything else, they're just not interested in searching - even after asking HCSO for assistance & HCSO agreeing on May 17 (see Atkinson's reason stated above about 2 weeks for assistance as reason for not searching sooner.) Looooooonnnnngggg delays on all other searches.

P.P.S. I've added all the searches, dates, source references, etc into the mindmap timeline:
http://www.mindmeister.com/102206426/gail-palmgren-disappearance-timeline

Finding old tweets is difficult with Twitter. Only a limited number are saved. You have to use specialized search engines to pull up the old ones.

I went digging with a few different search engines, and I was able to find some more reporters/news stations who'd tweeted about Gail, and also dug up some that didn't come up in my earlier searches from various reporters.

Nothing really exciting, but I did add them into Gail's tweet archive. Nothing worth rushing to see, but if you want to peruse when you have a spare few, Gail's tweet archive is here:

http://keepstream.com/CaseSignal/gail-palmgren-case-tweet-archive

Finding old tweets is difficult with Twitter. Only a limited number are saved. You have to use specialized search engines to pull up the old ones.

I went digging with a few different search engines, and I was able to find some more reporters/news stations who'd tweeted about Gail, and also dug up some that didn't come up in my earlier searches from various reporters.

Nothing really exciting, but I did add them into Gail's tweet archive. Nothing worth rushing to see, but if you want to peruse when you have a spare few, Gail's tweet archive is here:

http://keepstream.com/CaseSignal/gail-palmgren-case-tweet-archive

Thank you. Of interest to me, Melydia Clewell (nosie_rosie) is following this case. She is a very seasoned reporter. Would love to see her follow more closely.

Your first quote, is that verified? Where are you getting that?

It is the original post by me, which you linked to in your incorrect restatement about Matt telling people Gail had gone back to the lake.

[/QUOTE]The second point about Matt lying because he didn't know how long Gail had been at the lake house: No one was asking him for a detailed minute-by-minute itinerary of her activities that day. He knew when she left, maybe not the exact moment but "afternoon of the 29th" or something similar.
last saw her" but instead said "I don't know how long she was there." [/QUOTE]

You seem to be the one splitting hairs on this. I don't think we know exactly what Matt was answering, so he was generally stating that he didn't know exactly how long she had been planning to stay.

[/QUOTE]Or are you suggesting he just didn't bother to find out when his own children would be leaving with a woman who he says was mentally ill and paranoid, a woman he was just at the police station with? [/QUOTE]

Nope, I am not suggesting that. I am stating that he knew exactly when she got into the car and left the police station, but he had no way of knowing when she actually went to the lake. What exactly do YOU think he should have done? Refused to allow her to take the children? No, she had a tendency to call the police about people trying "take"the kids. should he have followed her? No, she already was paranoid about people following her.

[/QUOTE]Matt's response when she went missing was basically "I don't know how long she was at the lake house, it was an unscheduled trip" -- it is my believe that is total spin designed to try to cover up (or at least not admit anything) about the 911 incident at the police station on the 29th.[/QUOTE]

I can say with complete confidence that Matt has no reason to cover up or spin anything at all about the incident at the police station on the 29th.

fbx is a verified friend. Since you're taking the word of Arlene who is the source of stating Matt arrived 10 minutes after Gail left, I assume you'll extend the same courtesy to fbx and their statement that Gail called Matt while he was running errands with his mother.

To be extremely clear about this-I am not taking the word of Arlene. I do not get my information from her. I do not believe that Gail called Matt.

Here is a paper written by a colleague of professor Oliver, who was quoted in the latest article regarding the Palmgren's computers. He also assisted with this paper. Sort of long, but you can scan, search at your preference. Good data for all cases, imo.

http://law.wlu.edu/deptimages/Law%20Review/66-4Dimino.pdf

Don't know how I would feel if I was SMPD about now. I'm a strong supporter of LE, but something was negated, imo.

ETA: If someone knows how to bookmark a pdf....please advise...IDK how!! TIA

Here is a paper written by a colleague of professor Oliver (who was quoted in the article and assisted with the paper) regarding the Palmgren's computers. Sort of long, but you can scan, search at your preference. Good data for all cases, imo.

http://law.wlu.edu/deptimages/Law%20Review/66-4Dimino.pdf

Don't know how I would feel if I was SMPD about now. I'm a strong supporter of LE, but something was negated, imo.

ETA: If someone knows how to bookmark a pdf....please advise...IDK how!! TIA

BBM. It looks like that paper was written back in 2009? I'm not seeing anything about the Palmgrens' computers in it? Help? lol

BBM. It looks like that paper was written back in 2009? I'm not seeing anything about the Palmgrens' computers in it? Help? lol

Thanks BeanE. LOL No he has nothing to do with the P's puters. I went back and reworded my post to hopefully make more sense.

Bean, I think Arlene stated on one of the SMM interviews that Matt told the children she went to the lake.

Also, it appears the searches of the lake house were done before the consent agreement. Why? IMO, because AD and GP were there all the time vs him. He knew they wouldn't find anything there because he'd be too afraid ---even AD having a key to the residence and having access. Also, gave him and MM time to make a more thorough check and sweep of the TN properties.

The first search by AL LE was prolly just a check around the property and not inside----unless AD permitted it and gave them assess?

The press conference, with LE stating that HCSD's detectives were involved, was 5/17, the same day the PI was said to have carried boxes out of the AL residence. Two days later on the 5/19 he did the same in TN.

These are the kind of comments that are causing people to leave this forum! How can you hope that Matt has done something and will be caught for it???

I can't believe that so many of you are so excited and anxious to convict someone, that you don't really care if they are guilty or not.

(quote respectfully snipped to save space)

For the record, I absolutely DO NOT hope that Matt has harmed Gail. Nor am I excited and anxious for him to be convicted.

Those kids only have one parent right now, and if Matt were sent to prison, then they would have none. I am hyper-aware of that, and it breaks my heart.

What I HOPE, truly HOPE, is that Gail left on her own, and will return safe. I HOPE that the infidelity and discord in her marriage stressed her out to the point that she had to get away for a bit. I HOPE that Matt's lack of concern for Gail stems from the fact that they were preparing to divorce, and just weren't close anymore. That he is so angry with her, that he just can't dredge up any emotion.

I can only speak for myself of course, but I think that most of the sleuthers here probably feel the same way as I do. Nobody WANTS to see innocent children orphaned because one parent disposed of the other. KWIM?

As time goes on, however, the likelihood of Gail returning safe and sound diminishes. Accident and suicide are still possibilities, and I won't rule them out. But I also won't rule out the possibility that Matt may have harmed her. And if it can be proven that he did, then yes, I want him to pay for it. :twocents:

Thank you. Of interest to me, Melydia Clewell (nosie_rosie) is following this case. She is a very seasoned reporter. Would love to see her follow more closely.

Agree that it's good news that Melydia Clewell (nosie_rosie) is following the case. I've observed over the years that she is an intelligent, diligent "investigative" reporter. She digs deep and doesn't accept the story that LE, prosecutors, establishment serve up. She's fearless to the point that in a high profile case nearby last year, prosecutors told her to shut up. She didn't.

My suggestion would be that one of our most informed posters (Pearl, Sleuthy1, etc.) who is aware of the details of this case either give Melydia a call, send an email, or in some way get all the pertinent information to her. Callie Starnes is also an excellent reporter -- they work together.

Melydia and Callie work for WRCB-TV. They've proven over the years to show no fear in taking on the establishment. WTVC-TV, not so much. Dennis Norwood, at the Chattanoogan.com is also open to all sides. This is my observation and my opinion.

If anyone knows them personally, I think sharing all information with them might be helpful.

Does anyone know if this she would have any reason to head Northeast? Like to NH or Maine? This is important.

I am stating that he knew exactly when she got into the car and left the police station, but he had no way of knowing when she actually went to the lake. What exactly do YOU think he should have done? Refused to allow her to take the children? No, she had a tendency to call the police about people trying "take"the kids. should he have followed her? No, she already was paranoid about people following her.

But looking at it a different way, hypothetically speaking, if MP was having her followed and knew exactly when she got to the lake house, then he's not going to admit that to the police.

He seems to want them to believe that Gail is paranoid and he had nothing to do with that.

If he was indeed having her followed, he could hardly admit that, now could he?

Therefore, he protests too much that he couldn't know her movements - but actually he could.

How do we really know whether he hired Mr. Mathis after Gail disappeared? Couldn't he or someone else have been working undercover to follow Gail before she disappeared? Hypothetically speaking? He has a pattern of hiring people to do all these chores for him - confronting Arlene, checking on property - letting his lawyers wipe the family computers.

Patterns are patterns, and no matter what he says, I continue to wonder who was on his payroll before his wife disappeared.

Little One Gail is from new york buffalo area and there was a persom who I thought claimed to see her in vermont but I dont think anything ever came of it. Why?

LITTLEONE...THAT'S A REAL "TEASER" OF A STATEMENT :twocents:Everything is important if it means finding Gail. Why do you ask?

For some reason I clicked on the link to this story and the 2nd picture (not her professional) picture looks just like a woman who came into my store.

Long story short: I own a store in NH and this woman looks like one of my customers except she is a bit heavier. This customer also has a drinking problem, low income, and is a very nervous woman. I don't work the counter much but a few weeks ago (I lose track of time) this woman came into the store, she wasn't buying beer and she was wearing glasses. I thought Yes she had stopped drinking and looked really good then I realized it wasn't her. I don't think I was looking at her strangely however just something about the way she was looking at me made me pause. Now today I open this thread and I swear it is the same woman.

Agree that it's good news that Melydia Clewell (nosie_rosie) is following the case. I've observed over the years that she is an intelligent, diligent "investigative" reporter. She digs deep and doesn't accept the story that LE, prosecutors, establishment serve up. She's fearless to the point that in a high profile case nearby last year, prosecutors told her to shut up. She didn't.

My suggestion would be that one of our most informed posters (Pearl, Sleuthy1, etc.) who is aware of the details of this case either give Melydia a call, send an email, or in some way get all the pertinent information to her. Callie Starnes is also an excellent reporter -- they work together.

Melydia and Callie work for WRCB-TV. They've proven over the years to show no fear in taking on the establishment. WTVC-TV, not so much. Dennis Norwood, at the Chattanoogan.com is also open to all sides. This is my observation and my opinion.

If anyone knows them personally, I think sharing all information with them might be helpful.

Thanks! I think your suggestion is a great idea. Many moons ago, my brother was in the newzbiz here, but later moved on to the Nashville market. He moved on a few yrs ago to another career, but at one time knew her. I have always thought she was an excellent reporter. Someone should definitely contact her and give her some inside details and see if she is interested in getting more involved in the story.:twocents:

Does anyone know if this she would have any reason to head Northeast? Like to NH or Maine? This is important.
Don't know about NH or Maine, but she has clear ties to Buffalo which is NE. So from there who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member