GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that people can respond very differently to bad news.
I'm not schooled in psychiatry or anything, but don't people usually go through certain "stages" in a situation like this? After the initial shock, I would think his first reaction would be one of denial. Did he not appear to go straight to "acceptance"?

To me, his reaction and behavior throughout those interviews just doesn't "feel right".

And remember, he was not informed his roommate was "brutally murdered".
He was informed that they recovered a body from the "parking lot area".
An area which he just got through searching with her friends just hours before,
looking for clues as to her disappearance.
I just can't see how, given the circumstances, anyone's initial reaction to the reporter's statement wouldn't be "What? Where?"

I agree with Physcomom's post at the top of this page. I've seen people get sick when they see an animal that they've never seen before injured. I've seen people react exactly the way SM did at the mere sight of blood. (My brother for one.) I seen people almost faint when told a neighbor had a heart attack. We're all different. How can anyone think to ask, "What,where?" when the blood rushes out of your head and you can't breath? Most people don't act normal during a time of extreme stress because it's not a normal situation. The fact that LG was missing and a body was found close by constitute extreme distress. The last article posted said the tenant wanted BB to stay with him while he packed so I'm assuming that tenant also had a strong reaction to LG's death. If SM hadn't had a reaction, now I would call that weird. Most people when faced with an inexplicable horror want to talk about it, want to explain it, want to find answers. We think if you can explain it or find answers, maybe it won't be as horrible. We need human contact at times of extreme stress. Earlier a poster said that LG's friends did not talk to reporters, they talked to friends and family. SM had no one close by to talk to that we know of other than the reporter.

The digestive system and gut contents of a victim can provide important clues to the time of death of a victim. Chewed food will firstly pass through the oesophagus and then down into the stomach within seconds of the initial swallowing. After 3 hours, the food then leaves the stomach and heads toward the small intestines. 6 hours after eating a meal, the food will have traveled half way through the small intestines and begin moving through the large intestine. Where the victim's small intestine is empty, it suggests that the victim ate his or her last meal approximately 8 hours before death]
http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00206/text_ta_time_since_death.htm

Thanks Bessie for that link.. That site is extremely informative about many differing aspects dealing with death/murder.. Definitely a site to keep bookmarked..

The ^above^ snipped quote is from that link and details what most likely was used to possibly help identify Lauren's TOD.. If we know she picked up the zaxby's at 6:30 and it was mere blocks from her apt we can safely assume it was consumed prior to or very close to 7pm.. If it is found that officially her DOD is June 26th then IMO that would be consistent with looking at the digestive system they would have found HER'S to be likely atleast at the 6 hour range of digestion where the food makes it's way thru the second half of the small intestine moving into the large intestine.. This would put the TOD approximately at 1am of June 26th.. Or it could have been found that the small intestine was already thoroughly emptied suggesting the victim's last meal was 8 hours prior to their TOD.. This would put the TOD at approx. 3am of June 26..

In reading all of the info at the link I do find it most likely, given the circumstance of dismemberment, that the digestive system was most likely to have been what was used to reach an approx. Time of death..

Therefor in going that route it seems as I detailed ^above^ that most likely her food was found to be at or between the 6-8 hour level of digestion and that would lead to 1-3am of the 26th which is consistent with what Lauren's family has released as her DOD in her obit..

Again thanks Bessie.. That is a great link to keep handy for any/all cases and investigations..:)

You know what I can't fathom? He was with the friends trying to find her in the wee hours of the morning. If he killed her & had to get rid of her torso after the friends left, why would he place her in the trash can right outside the apartment when he HAD to know LE would start swarming those apartments anytime?

If he had the nerve to take her body out & place it in the trash, not knowing who was watching, why wouldn't he have just put her in his car & drove somewhere away (like the river, a few blocks away)? Doesn't make sense.

And also, if they found her body because of the smell, why wouldn't the smell have been in his apartment or whichever apt. he was "hiding" her in? Wouldn't that smell have permeated there, too?

BBM Great point that I think has been overlooked. I started out thinking that SM was probably guilty but the more I look at the theories of what took place I lean more and more toward innocent. Every time I try to reason out a scenario, there is always a contradiction to SM being the killer. Maybe he is guilty and I can't make logic out of illogical people. But I have seen nothing yet that leads me to that assumption and I'm not going to assume guilt based on body language, hear say or a master key that he may not have even known was a master key. There are a lot of weird people in this world but they're not usually killers.

Why was SM's name released as a POI? LE repeatedly said that they had several POIs but did not release their names. LE could easily have said that SM was arrested on unrelated charges and not released any other info. I'm concerned that LE has made up their mind based on circumstantial evidence. They need the killer in jail and having SM would tie everything up in a neat bow. If he's guilty I hope the public sees evidence soon.

I'm pleased to post that Colonel Mustard has been verified as a local and an attorney. Thank you, Colonel. :)

Anyone else getting a registration/log in screen when they try to look at macon.com articles? It worked fine earlier... TIA
I have the same problem with that site at times. I think it depends on which portal you enter through. This is what usually works for me:
1. close the page
2. Control+F2 to clear cache
3 Try link again. If that doesn't work, do a search for the link and enter through google.

I'm pleased to post that Colonel Mustard has been verified as a local and an attorney. Thank you, Colonel. :)

Thank you, Colonel Mustard. It's always great to converse with someone who has local and legal knowledge.

BBM Great point that I think has been overlooked. I started out thinking that SM was probably guilty but the more I look at the theories of what took place I lean more and more toward innocent. Every time I try to reason out a scenario, there is always a contradiction to SM being the killer. Maybe he is guilty and I can't make logic out of illogical people. But I have seen nothing yet that leads me to that assumption and I'm not going to assume guilt based on body language, hear say or a master key that he may not have even known was a master key. There are a lot of weird people in this world but they're not usually killers.

Why was SM's name released as a POI? LE repeatedly said that they had several POIs but did not release their names. LE could easily have said that SM was arrested on unrelated charges and not released any other info. I'm concerned that LE has made up their mind based on circumstantial evidence. They need the killer in jail and having SM would tie everything up in a neat bow. If he's guilty I hope the public sees evidence soon.

In addition to having seen and heard nothing substantial (other than his current lodging) to make me eye SM with suspicion, one of my hurdles is the lack of encouragement from LE with regard to viewing SM as a suspect, as opposed to a mere POI (among other POIs, no less - albeit unnamed). Even in the face of rampant rumors that warranted a press conference, they have been very careful to avoid use of the word "suspect" and to reiterate that the burglary charges are unrelated.

I've heard the arguments against bringing charges today versus three days from now (I can't say I buy them completely, but I accept them as reasonable and possible and maybe even likely), but I still don't understand why a person wouldn't be openly identified as a suspect if there were some reasonable basis to conclude that they had committed a crime, particularly when there is a bit of public panic brewing.

For now, until something swings the pendulum in a different direction, this posturing by LE has the effect of neutralizing the unrelated charges for me (and that effect may be quite intentional, given my theories as to why he may be sitting in jail now and not out on bond). That leaves me with nothing substantial.

I'm heading to Macon tomorrow. I hope to have time to run by and snap some photos. With people moving in for the new school year, it may be difficult. I have a couple of days to try. You can bet I will try to engage some locals and see what they are thinking. Who knows? Might have some of the newer rumors to share.

I'm heading to Macon tomorrow. I hope to have time to run by and snap some photos. With people moving in for the new school year, it may be difficult. I have a couple of days to try. You can bet I will try to engage some locals and see what they are thinking. Who knows? Might have some of the newer rumors to share.

Good luck and take care. (Hey, if you stay through Wednesday, maybe you will run into Judge Jeanine Pirro). :giggle:

Good luck and take care. (Hey, if you stay through Wednesday, maybe you will run into Judge Jeanine Pirro). :giggle:

Think I'll have to miss seeing her. If I don't go to work that night, the world will come to an end. At least, that's what they tell me. :rolleyes:

If the opportunity arises, please ask about the mother and son who live in one of the apartments. Rumor is, they stay inside with the blinds closed all the time and rarely leave. I've seen this posted on Macon.c but don't know if there's any truth to it. Stay safe.

Something I'd like to know is whether there are other residences, either apartments or houses, in close proximity to Barristers Hall.

This very well may have been discussed here, on one of the LG threads -- I read through all the previous posts before I joined in, but it was a lot of info to absorb and I just can't recall if this was ever discussed...?

I know the general area OK but can't recall specific details of how things are laid out along there.

Since you are wanting to "engage" the locals, you should grab lunch at Jeneanen's (Mullberry and 3rd) or the Bears Den on Oglethorpe. Both serve up a great "down home" lunch and lots of locals!

Something I'd like to know is whether there are other residences, either apartments or houses, in close proximity to Barristers Hall.

This very well may have been discussed here, on one of the LG threads -- I read through all the previous posts before I joined in, but it was a lot of info to absorb and I just can't recall if this was ever discussed...?

I know the general area OK but can't recall specific details of how things are laid out along there.

if you are facing the apts from the street, there is a house to the right, the at&t bldg to the left, but there is a good bit of residential all through that area as well as a lot of older homes which have been converted to offices, broken up into rentals, etc.

I'll try to ask about them. As for lunch, PsychoDaughter is in charge of that, but I think we have tried them both before. Never found a bad place out there.

Backwoods, my daughter was living in one of the house right next to the backside of the apartments. She parked in the alley next to the little patch of woods they cut down looking for evidence. The wooded area is what separated her from the apartments. Sort of why I was a little freaked. She moved out the first of June, but her friends still live right there. And now she is only moving about a block the other direction. I didn't realize her new place would be so close.

You can zoom in on this map and get a better idea. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1058+Georgia+Ave.,+macon,+ga&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x88f3fe883be1b14d:0x885045b24924dcd4,1058+Georgia+Ave,+Macon,+GA+31201&gl=us&ei=sgU2Tv-UBoLa0QG-6qChDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ8gEwAA

Hope I don't get in trouble for this...

I was looking through the comments on macon.com made by those users that are obviously family members to Lauren and McD.
One is Lauren's cousin, who has been very vocal there.
I find it interesting that she "liked" this comment by another user:
As a person who loved Lauren, I appreciate that the police are keeping their cards close to the vest and not caving to hysteria. We need the right person implicated and NO ONE cares how the person of interest looks. Lauren did not judge people on how they look, nor do we. But, there is only one name she stated to close friends as making her very uncomfortable....you guessed it. Another Casey Anthony would be a knife in the heart for the family. Continue with your process Chief Burns.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/27/1645512/rumors-during-giddings-case-are.html#comment-267092926

If someone told me that my next door neighbor who I know and socialize with, was brutally murdered and her body was found outside the door of my house I would feel faint too. I can tell you when something that horrible does happen a lot of people react the same way. While working in ICU I saw people with the same reactions. The blood does rush out of your head and it's hard to breath.

True, reactions vary, however, I think that most of the people here are trying to say that they don't feel like it was a genuine moment.:twocents:

Since you are wanting to "engage" the locals, you should grab lunch at Jeneanen's (Mullberry and 3rd) or the Bears Den on Oglethorpe. Both serve up a great "down home" lunch and lots of locals!
....or go to the NuWay.....that will teach the people at work. :floorlaugh:

True, reactions vary, however, I think that most of the people here are trying to say that they don't feel like it was a genuine moment.:twocents:

I agree they vary. Which is why you can't look at someone's reaction in a time of stress and say whether it's genuine or not. Everyone is different. I thought it was genuine based on the way I saw people react to stress during the time I was a nurse. Doesn't mean I'm right but that's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms