Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First I don't know why everyone calls her Foxy etc I don't think she's that" cute" but I do think shes THAT INNOCENT. It has nothing to do with skin color period. It has to do with a crime was commeted and the right person is now serving time for that murder and the innocent has been set free.
No, it's the same racial injustice that happens in America all the time, the white defendants (particularly if they're a cute female) get off, while the black men do the time!
Only one of the right people is still serving time for the murder. Amanda and Raffaele are no innocents!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::furious:

I happen to think that the Knox family missed some of those red flags in their spoiled daughter before she left for Italy!:twocents:
People can think all kinds of things, but unless there's evidence to corroborate their thoughts, nobody should be put in prison over them.

After being involved in a murder, it is! I don't believe the DNA evidence was corrupted, nor do I believe that she was wrongly convicted based on anything to do with Magnini's past. That's all the PR campaign from the Knox family.

You may not believe the DNA evidence was corrupted, but the independent scientists appointed by the appeals judge who studied in depth the collection and testing of the physical evidence very much disagreed, and provided a detailed report on why that evidence testing could not be trusted. This judge and jury heard from those scientists (and those people were independent/objective hired by the judge). Beliefs are not evidence. AK wasn't convicted based on Mignini's past indiscretions...she was convicted based on his then-current lies, fantasies, changing theories, and the lead forensic scientist (Stefonini) got CAUGHT lying about blood evidence. All of that is not in dispute.

A prosecutor who lies (and Mignini was CONVICTED of wrongful prosecution in 2008/2009) and a forensic scientist who lies (Stefanoni) is far, far worse than any supposed lies and stories one imagines AK told, in a long interrogation in which there are no witnesses, no proof of what she said, no video, no audio. Mignini and Stefonini lied in open court and on the stand (Stefonini). NO excuse.

I happen to think that the Knox family missed some of those red flags in their spoiled daughter before she left for Italy!:twocents:

Can you help by providing an example of something they missed?

To respond to Gitana's question about motive from those of us who *think* AK and RS were involved, I don't think they had a motive. I think the only way they were involved was through drugs and something went terribly wrong. I don't believe the intent was to kill, I don't believe it was some sadistic ritual. I'm not sure what I believe happened but I do think drugs were involved, and I think AK was still under the influence of those drugs for the next day or two, hence her odd behavior(s). Did AK and RS actually kill her? I don't know. Were they there/involved in something to do with it? Yes, I think so. I think that's why AK threw out PL's name --- because she knew in her mind that a black male was there but was too stoned to remember who. Maybe they did just meet Guede so she didn't know his name. Maybe she even forgot she met him and could only think of PL at the time of questioning, when trying to figure out who it could have been that was there.

This is all just my opinion and pure speculation - but that's how I see it. I don't see AK as being a cold-blooded murderer but rather someone who got involved with the wrong people and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong 'substance use'. As for RS, I'm not sure about him.

So there. Hope that explains what I feel about it. 100% convinced? No. Pretty sure? Yes.

There is no mystery of how Patrick was brought into the equation. The police looked at her phone, and confused the text written to him saying "see you later" to mean that she was going to meet him that night. From there it was insisted upon that she had met him that night. It was their misunderstanding.

Can you help by providing an example of something they missed?
I'm not going back through 4 years worth of materials. I have followed this case from early on.

I never thought she was guilty, but didn't follow the case all this time.

Due to being so jaded about justice being served, especially to Americans in foreign countries, I was surprised to see word that her appeal was successful. And that's sad!

But I'm happy that she's finally free. :heart:

Good point. And in fairness to the Italians, it only took them four years to sort it out. It took America 18 years, and its still not really sorted.

I know, right!

Just the hypocrisy makes me so angry, but anyway.

It must be some sort of control freak thing, how dare any other country try an American citizen for a crime committed in their country - I think it's because America has no control over the situation and must take a back seat and bend to the will of some other jurisdiction.

I'm using generalities here you probably get the point.

Where this post falls is random.

Please peeps,

Let us not turn this thread into a "YOU think what????" thread, or an "I think X so anyone who thinks Y is wrong!" thread.

Disagree with the post, not the poster. Helps with this when we all do our best to avoid "I" and "you" statements.

Alert on posts that violate TOS or site etiquette rules; don't respond to them.

Again, where this post falls is random.

:tyou:

To respond to Gitana's question about motive from those of us who *think* AK and RS were involved, I don't think they had a motive. I think the only way they were involved was through drugs and something went terribly wrong. I don't believe the intent was to kill, I don't believe it was some sadistic ritual. I'm not sure what I believe happened but I do think drugs were involved, and I think AK was still under the influence of those drugs for the next day or two, hence her odd behavior(s). Did AK and RS actually kill her? I don't know. Were they there/involved in something to do with it? Yes, I think so. I think that's why AK threw out PL's name --- because she knew in her mind that a black male was there but was too stoned to remember who. Maybe they did just meet Guede so she didn't know his name. Maybe she even forgot she met him and could only think of PL at the time of questioning, when trying to figure out who it could have been that was there.

This is all just my opinion and pure speculation - but that's how I see it. I don't see AK as being a cold-blooded murderer but rather someone who got involved with the wrong people and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong 'substance use'. As for RS, I'm not sure about him.

So there. Hope that explains what I feel about it. 100% convinced? No. Pretty sure? Yes.

I believe drugs other than pot would be logical theory on what happened and why- if not for the fact NOTHING of AK or RS were left in that flat- there simply wouldn't have been a crime scene that void of physical evidence- I don't say that to be argumentative at all I just know that 3 people on drugs leaves a lot of tell tale signs.

I don't believe it was only pot they were doing. No, I think all 3 are guilty.

What makes you believe that it was more than pot? What makes you think that AK was just a spoiled out of control brat. Who were the people these girls were hanging out with?

I know, right!

Just the hypocrisy makes me so angry, but anyway.

It must be some sort of control freak thing, how dare any other country try an American citizen for a crime committed in their country - I think it's because America has no control over the situation and must take a back seat and bend to the will of some other jurisdiction.

I'm using generalities here you probably get the point.

I do, and its not just an American thing. I remember the reaction of the British media when some British au pair, (forget her name), was on trial in the US for shaking a baby.

I will say this for all WS's we are intense in our beliefs of the cases we follow. There are a few I will never back down in my belief in the outcome that I disagreed with. Never. But it will never stop me from following, sleuthing with all of you in getting one more found, one more safe,and another case solved. Have a good night all and hug the ones you love.

I do, and its not just an American thing. I remember the reaction of the British media when some British au pair, (forget her name), was on trial in the US for shaking a baby.

Very good point.
Oh yes, I remember that case - can't remember her name either, she got off easy if iirc.

Hmm, maybe now that Amanda is free she will enlighten us on why she told the lies that she did and why she accused innocent people to get the heat off herself - bet she won't though. Would also like to hear from Raffaele about why he didn't back up Amanda's alibi.

Don't agree with the verdict and I will always believe that these two were involved. Too many lies, too many inconsistencies in both their stories. Innocent people don't lie, they don't have to.

I was also hoping her statement this morning wasn't going to be "me me me," but IMO, it seemed that way (granted this was her appeal, but it still felt weird to me).

I, too, would like an explanation, but I think we've already got what we're gonna get (the cops made me say it). Besides, would any explanation she gave carry much weight at this point?

In any case, I certainly won't be giving AK or RS any money in the future (ie: books, movies, etc.).

So, what you're saying is, you can't provide anything.

Linak doesn't have to prove anything it is their opinion. Obviously nothing can be proven on a forum we are not the judge and jury.

My point is that I think there were psychological red flags with this selfish, immature, spoiled brat, sense of entitlement girl that would lead to her becoming a murderer! Her parents chose to ignore them, just like the Anthony's did.

I have to disagree with you- there were obvious signs Casey had huge issues- that isn't the case with Amanda- there simply wasn't anything in her past to throw up red flags-- heck her old school has made a statement about how happy they are she is free and coming home.

She is nothing like CA and to continue to compare the two isn't fair

You certainly don't have to agree with me that she is guilty but please refrain from trying to influence opinion about her by linking her with CA

unfortunately senseless murders happen every day

Yes they do. But senseless does not mean without reason or logic. I study these cases and the patterns of criminal behavior, as many do here on websleuths. You have predatory murders, revenge killings, killings for financial gain, killing to get out of trouble or to be free of something or someone, psychotic killings, rage killings etc. All have reasons behind them.

In this case, Meredith was raped and murdered. So sex was a component. In the cases where more than one person has been involved in such a murder, it is usually two men who have known each other for awhile and have come to realize they share the same, sadistic proclivities.

Much rarer, there is a woman involved with a man in the rape-murder of another person. That is a completely different dynamic. In such cases, the woman has usually been with the guy for a long period, is obsessed with him and willing to do whatever he wants, or is the victim of domestic violence. The woman usually is not the ringleader in such cases but on rare occasions, gets off just as much and slowly begins adding suggestions as to what new, fresh horror they can inflict.

But there are usually deep problems with such women and the men leading them. In fact, I don't know of one such case where there wasn't such a history - divorce, child abuse, drug or alcohol problems, mental illness, domestic violence, etc. And the jump from relationship to accomplice takes time- usually a lot of time.

I see none of that in this case. It is agreed that neither Knox nor Sollecito had any kind of criminal or mental health history. They both came from normal families with no reported dysfunction.

And they just met seven days before the day Meredith was brutally murdered.

Logic dictates that that is simply not enough time for to people who have shown no criminal proclivities before, to create the kind of environment in which they feel more free, more safe to express criminal behaviors or a criminal mindset.

It's different when two scuzzy ex convict drifters meet at a truck stop and recognize the inherent evil in each other's souls. Or a group of disturbed and delinquent teens who have been friends for a long time and plot the killing of a girl who "dissed them" or whatever. But we're talking about two young, fresh faced college kids with zero signs of dysfunction, raping and murdering a girl seven days after they met each other.

Now add Guede to the mix. No proof they ever met each other. It was suggested maybe Knox used him as a pot connection, though there was no proof. So how does that conversation happen? "Let's get high. Now we are high. Let's fool around. Now we are fooling around. Hey Meredith, you should join in. No? Let's kill Meredith."

I'm sorry, it defies logic. Criminal teams develop over time as they recognize each other's souls for what they are. They don't develop quickly because even a sociopath knows what the reaction from possibly "normal" people could be if criminal activity was suggested.

IMO, every murder is senseless. But there is always a method to the madness, a reason why things developed the way they did. The prosecution's theory in this case defies reason and fits no known parameter for murder.

Add to that the lack of credible forensics, etc., and that's why I feel the way I do.

I snagged this from a posting on another site but found it pretty concrete on why this judge/jury aquitted AK and RS. It's the translation of part of what the Judge read to the court during the verdict reading and bolded by me.

"Both the defendants for (charges) A, B, C, D (the charges related to the murder, the staging and the theft) are acquitted, because they did not commit the crimes"

There was very simply, very easily, nothing putting them at the crime scene during the murder.

I wish our systems had such a great verdict phrase as the Italians. It says it all. Not guilty doesn't work as well (and the Italians could have said that there wasn't enough evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966