LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for said rental company in Houston. When I heard his truck was found burned I searched rental history for his name. Found it immediately.

Ref: BSL's mom saying he's adopted- if you read a few sentences past it, I think she pretty much says she said that because she knew others would & really, it hers & her family's info to tell rather than it being the left to be the subject of rumor.

She sure isn't defending him. When your own mama isn't saying you're a sweet, innocent angel, there has to be some really disturbing info about him she's privy to.

Yes, I think she said it because with all us sleuthers or maybe someone who wants to help would find out he's adopted and act like it's a big deal. There are millions of adoptees who are perfectly nice upstanding people and then there are some who aren't, just like the rest of the population.

Ref: BSL's mom saying he's adopted- if you read a few sentences past it, I think she pretty much says she said that because she knew others would & really, it hers & her family's info to tell rather than it being the left to be the subject of rumor.

She sure isn't defending him. When your own mama isn't saying you're a sweet, innocent angel, there has to be some really disturbing info about him she's privy to.

It would be kind of hard to defend him since he is an RSO...JMO
No way she can really go with the sweet, innocent boy thing...

OK so if he burned it on the 31st, that makes more sense to me...he had to do it, once it was on the news. But it also seems that it must not have been terribly damaged, if he had not tried to get get rid of it before then, so the reason must have had to do with evidence in the truck, since a: everyone knew he had one anyway and b: he bought another one like it.
I honestly wonder if he thought that once they got around to questioning him he would be scott free since there was no evidence in his white truck. That they wouldn't realize it was brand new.

Heck, maybe they never would have realized it if it weren't for the call from the dealership about his license. This was really an amazing effort by all of Acadiana.

"Hello Enterprise - I need to rent a car. You can pick me up in the middle of the forest. You can't miss me. I am standing next to a burning truck."

Sounds like you weren't too far off!

I work for said rental company in Houston. When I heard his truck was found burned I searched rental history for his name. Found it immediately.
Wow! Can't wait to see that piece of evidence in the trial!

Thanks for letting us know :)

someone on here came in and said they went to HS with him and his brother. said he never smiled and <modsnip>. i haven't seen that poster on here since. i wish they'd come back and elaborate. it was right after the arrest was announced so it was hectic on here. i think i remember the name properly, but i don't want to say it just in case I am incorrect.

I did. He went to Church Point High
1341639971.jpg

Yes, I think she said it because with all us sleuthers or maybe someone who wants to help would find out he's adopted and act like it's a big deal. There are millions of adoptees who are perfectly nice upstanding people and then there are some who aren't, just like the rest of the population.

I'm in the same boat, I'm adopted too, did not have the best childhood, hence why I searches for my birthfamily, which ACI kinda chit chatted about. I feel for you cortne, big hugs to you!

If you see them on here again, can you ask? I'm just wondering because I saw that he lived in Rayne which is right next to where I live and I may know people who went to school with him if he lived there when he was younger. He's only 5 years younger than I am.

I went to school with him

Timeline in Mickey Shunick's disappearance:

May 18, 2012, 10:15 p.m.: MS and friends attended a concert at Artmosphere.

May 19, 2012, 12:44 a.m.: MS rides bike back to Ryan Street residence with BW.

May 19, 2012, 1:24 a.m.: MS seen in surveillance video at Taco Bell.

May 19, 2012, 1:31 a.m.: MS receives a call from her friend; it was the last time her phone was used.

May 19, 2012, 1:45 a.m.: MS begins to ride her bike home from BW's Ryan Street residence.

May 19, 2012, 1:47 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on Versailles Boulevard.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: MS is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: BSL&#8217;s truck caught on camera after Mickey passed the same camera.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: MS's family reports her missing to police.

May 20, 2012: The first search party is organized.

May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos of MS on Versailles and the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the opposite direction MS traveled were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: The video surveillance photos of the White Truck with the bed cover on University, the White Truck on St. Landry traveling in the same direction as MS, and the two pictures of the Hooptie on University and St. Landry were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck was stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 27, 2012: MS's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012: BSL&#8217;s truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

May 31, 2012, 9:51 a.m.: BSL rented a red Chevrolet Aveo in Spring, TX, through an insurance claim on said stolen vehicle.

June 4, 2012, 4:57 p.m.: BSL returns rental car.

June 14, 2012: LPD get a tip from a concerned citizen that BSL's truck was found burned in Texas.

July 4, 2012: BSL returns from an &#8220;about the last two weeks&#8221; offshore hitch.

July 5, 2012: BSL arrested on aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder.

So he rented a car in his own name. Perfect. This guy is just smart enough to fry his own arse. He sees the video about the VOI, so he takes his to Texas and lights it up. I wonder if that was before or after he put white out on his drivers license?

I honestly wonder if he thought that once they got around to questioning him he would be scott free since there was no evidence in his white truck. That they wouldn't realize it was brand new.

Heck, maybe they never would have realized it if it weren't for the call from the dealership about his license. This was really an amazing effort by all of Acadiana.

Maybe he didn't think that they wouldn't be able to tell it was new, but he knew they wouldn't find any evidence of Mickey in the new truck.

So he rented a car in his own name. Perfect. This guy is just smart enough to fry his own arse.

I think he had to since he reported his truck stolen. The rental car clause of his insurance claim probably only covered him as the truck's owner.

She sure isn't defending him. When your own mama isn't saying you're a sweet, innocent angel, there has to be some really disturbing info about him she's privy to. She isn't buying that he was innocent in the prior RSO offense, me thinks...

I completely agree! People took the first part of that paragraph posted by his mom and spun it, IMO. She very clearly wanted to tell people that BSL was adopted because if she didn't, the media would. She wanted that to come from her and her alone.

You can tell a lot by what people say and how they say it, and the fact that she says he is her son FIRST tells me that this is a mother who loves and cares for him like any mother, birth or not, would. If she wanted to make excuses or push people towards the argument of nature v nurture she would have simply said "I am his adoptive mom" or "BSL was placed in my care at birth".

As a foster child growing up, I can assure you that her proclamation of being his mom first, and then explaining that he was adopted, is really a tribute to how much this woman loved her son.

So he rented a car in his own name. Perfect. This guy is just smart enough to fry his own arse. He sees the video about the VOI, so he takes his to Texas and lights it up. I wonder if that was before or after he put white out on his drivers license?

I hope they have taken his girlfriends car as the timeline seems to indicate he might not have had a car from the 26th until the 31st.

I wonder if he spends a lot of time in Spring. Several young women have gone missing from Spring in the past few years.

I will make a stand here for the adoptive mother. I have worked with adoption issues for 30+ years. I have been responsible for many reunions. In every reunion I am 100% sure of this: I am not going to be surprised. When I work with mothers who have given up children -- I am never surprsed when I find the child. When I work with babies who are looking for their mothers -- I am never surprised when I find her. Not even one time. This is a horifically sad moment for me because I feel her pain and the family's pain. When she stands in front of the public and apologizes - that is from her heart and only another mother who has raised a criminal can really understand how she feels. There is a story called "mother of a criminal" by Erma Bombeck and I hope that a person who knows this woman will find that and please give her a copy. It will help. I am going to stop writing for a while and ponder the grief of both of these mothers. It is truly more than one mother's heart should have to bear.

Good post. I don't know where to begin.
I don't agree with vengeance and more destruction.
We all get angry at times.
I feel for both families.
I choose not to be judgmental, but rather patient and compassionate.

No one really knows another's story. I lost my parents and was raised by my Aunt, so in a way I can relate.
We can pontificate all we want, may truth and justice prevail.

:please:

I did. He went to Church Point High[

Did he ever cross your mind as a possible suspect or had he completely fallen off your radar?
BTW, thanks for posting the photo.snipped though because seeing him creeps me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675