CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who runs this page. Im a member of FB but for some reason it said '.The page you requested was not found.'

Has LE said this or is it just the family and which family?

Thanks.

I think the link is broken - the page is still there but the link in the post isn't complete? Or the post it linked to has been deleted. Trying to find something about the "sightings"

http://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

Yes he is the one that searched for Laci Peterson, iirc. He use to post here I believe at one time or it may have been another site.

I am sure this is the same type of sonar they are using.

IMO

Awesome. Thank you, oceanblueeyes. I had no idea. Sure is comforting, though, to know LE is utilizing the very best technology.

Well I'd be a lot more likely to believe he might have gone fishing if that phone had been turned back on early Monday.

Who runs this page. Im a member of FB but for some reason it said '.The page you requested was not found.'

Has LE said this or is it just the family and which family?

Thanks.

wow. You're right--it is down now. I was just on there last night too. It was run by the same family friend who was a guest on NG last week. I think her last name was =Hesse.

I am surprised it is down today. She was the one who organized the vigil on Tuesday and was in charge of the volunteer searches as well.

ETA; OOPS the link was just broken. It is up and running fine.

I hesitate to jump on the "guilty parent" band wagon on this. Why isn't it possible that Dylan woke up after dad left and tried to get to a friends house? Why isn't it possible that some monster (because you websluethers KNOW they are out there!) didn't pick him up? Why isn't it possible that he took his belongings because he was hoping to stay with this friend for a while, even his pole so they could go fishing? If he was visiting dad and had only been there overnight, his things would maybe still be packed....so he just grabbed the whole backpack instead of picking out a few things. My 14 year old would totally do that and not waste time going thru his pack....he'd just grab stuff and go.

Umm....it isn't possible because Dylan's phone was never turned on after 8PM the previous night.

Dylan's phone was "turned off" around 8PM and was never turned on again. And this is a 13 year old who used his phone all the time, even in the minutes preceding 8PM. Who turned Dylan's phone off? Did the phone run out of battery power? If so, then it most likely would have been charged overnight and used the next morning.

What happened to Dylan? I think we know....and it isn't good.

I hesitate to jump on the "guilty parent" band wagon on this. Why isn't it possible that Dylan woke up after dad left and tried to get to a friends house? Why isn't it possible that some monster (because you websluethers KNOW they are out there!) didn't pick him up? Why isn't it possible that he took his belongings because he was hoping to stay with this friend for a while, even his pole so they could go fishing? If he was visiting dad and had only been there overnight, his things would maybe still be packed....so he just grabbed the whole backpack instead of picking out a few things. My 14 year old would totally do that and not waste time going thru his pack....he'd just grab stuff and go.

I could totally agree with you, if..........his phone had been turned back on or there had been any activity on the phone after 8pm the night before.

I wonder what kind of sonar they used for the lake search. I found Gene Ralston who conducts lake searches for drowning victims, using a one-side scan sonar.

http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html

He's also volunteered his expertise and equipment in the past to help victims' families. If ever there were a time when his help was needed, I believe this is one of them.

Seven New Mexico State Police scuba divers used three different boats with four different sonar systems to sweep the southern end of Vallecito Lake Monday. That's where cadaver dogs from the La Plata County Search and Rescue Team alerted on a scent both Saturday and Sunday.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...lorado-teen-dylan-redwine-planned-for-tuesday

About our NM dive team:
http://www.nmsp.dps.state.nm.us/index.php/search-dive-team-cont/

wow. You're right--it is down now. I was just on there last night too. It was run by the same family friend who was a guest on NG last week. I think her last name was =Hesse.

I am surprised it is down today. She was the one who organized the vigil on Tuesday and was in charge of the volunteer searches as well.

I wonder if it is just a glitch or if she took it down for some reason ...?

Anyway, she is very credible. She had originally posted the sightings and was very inspired to think he was out and about. But apparently the look alike came forward and was the one at the various places Dylan was reported to be.

I wonder if she knows something new is breaking and just folded?

Katy, I was just on it. Maybe try again?

I wonder if it is just a glitch or if she took it down for some reason ...?

Anyway, she is very credible. She had originally posted the sightings and was very inspired to think he was out and about. But apparently the look alike came forward and was the one at the various places Dylan was reported to be.

I wonder if she knows something new is breaking and just folded?

Probably a lot of people leaving ugly messages about mom OR dad or something. You know insensitive people can be. She may have just closed it down rather than referee idiots when she needs her attention elsewhere.

If MR is innocent I hope he never reads this thread.
It could emotionally and mentally do him in.
Very sad.

What's "very sad" is a missing 13 year old boy, IMO. If MR reads this, I imagine he will understand that this is a discussion forum, and as the last person to see Dylan before he disappeared, it is only natural to speculate about him and his relationship with Dylan. In our zeal to understand, we may sometimes take our discussions too far, but our kind moderators are here to set us straight when this happens.

LE is leading the investigation and has come to that conclusion, they just haven't fully revealed why to the public.

They are basing part of their conclusion on the fact that Dylan's cell phone was not used since around 8:00 pm. Sunday night and that his phone was turned off. Mom said he was tech savvy and texted all the time. One has to look at behavior changes/patterns and why they stop abruptly.

If they are requesting video footage/pictures starting at 6:00 p.m. Sunday, around when Dylan arrived, from Durango to the reservoir near the dad's house, this tells me they wonder if he even made it to dad's house. Just repeating what I've read.

Just a personal story, totally OT, and not pointing fingers.

When my son was that age - and older - he was apt to try to get into the family booze. We didn't have drugs in the house, but, if we had, I'm sure he'd have experimented with them, too, with possibly tragic results.

Umm....it isn't possible because Dylan's phone was never turned on after 8PM the previous night.

Dylan's phone was "turned off" around 8PM and was never turned on again. And this is a 13 year old who used his phone all the time, even in the minutes preceding 8PM. Who turned Dylan's phone off? Did the phone run out of battery power? If so, then it most likely would have been charged overnight and used the next morning.

What happened to Dylan? I think we know....and it isn't good.

WAIT. Who said it was turned "off"? Only thing I read was this:

“There’s a combination of factors,” Bender said. “There’s been the passage of time without any sightings; Dylan was not a visitor but had friends here; he has a history of staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...2/Dylan-Redwine-did-not-run-away-police-say--

Plus similar as above. I've never read it was turned "off" or "disabled", etc.

That is a viable scenario. But a couple of things keep making some of us suspicious about it.

There is only one road out of the neighborhood. It is long and straight and the only way out. So D would have been very visible if he tried walking or hitching. And it is a very busy road, so the locals say that he would have been seen by one of the locals if he had been walking there.

Also, the fact that his cell was TURNED OFF at 8 pm and never turned back on. If he was wanting to go meet up with his friends, why not contact them that morning? Try to get a ride, or tell them he was still coming. Woud your 14 yr old get up and try to hitch somewhere without ever contacting his friends to see where they were and if someone could meet him or get him?

And also the fact that dad left at 7:30, never called his kid to say he was coming back to give him a ride. Comes home at 11:30, sees his kid is not home, but doesnt call or go to the friends home until 4:15 to see if D ever made it there.

Now his son had only been there since the night before. It is not like a regular routine, where he might not check because everything is set and automatic. This was the kid's first night there in months and he didn't know anyone in dads town, but when he is gone with no note, no message, dad never checks it out?

It is just these weird things that bother me and make me think it was not a stranger abduction.

I am going to heed Salem's post and abide by the rules plus Im not one to automatically assume a parent is involved in a disappearance of a child anyway.

There is absolutely no evidence at this time that MR is a POI much less a suspect in the disappearance of his son. Until and if that should happen I am going to give him the benefit of a doubt and my support for I think he surely needs it. I am sure someone he knows has seen what is being said about him on line. It has to be hurtful if he had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance.

I remember Mark Lunsford telling Nancy Grace that one of the things that hurt him the most other than losing his precious daughter was when he read what was being said about him and his parents. Its bad enough to go through the trauma when your child is missing but then to have to hold up under the harsh criticism and accusations has to be a painful experience within itself.

BBM
Absolutely its possible!

As Ive said before we can all just read the news stories in our local areas or read the news sites on line to know that pedos are trying to abduct minors at an alarming rate lately. Just because their act were foiled doesnt mean they arent out there looking for their next victim. Look at AGT ........he had already attempted to abduct before he abducted Sierra Lamar and murdered her.

Recently in our local area we had a 12 year old boy being followed by a guy in a van trying to intice him to get in his van. Thank God the kid ran and told his mom. They found the guy and he had just been released from prison and he had sexually abused children in three different states. He didnt even have a reason to be in our state or city. But there he was on a street cruising looking for his next victim.

And what makes Dylan vulnerable is he is known to hitch-hike. That means he is trusting and he certainly could have made a misjudgment and got into a vehicle with someone he shouldnt have.

IMO

Ok I'm really reaching now but it could be possible some of his friends got him a pay as you go phone and he is somewhere in hiding. He did plan to go camping with his friends and didn't one article say his friends had been interviewed multiple times.

Like I said just a theory, but there are pay as you go phones and it would only take one friend to provide one.

Nahhhh I guess it doesn't make too much sense.

Well I'd be a lot more likely to believe he might have gone fishing if that phone had been turned back on early Monday.

Well- something that hasn't been mentioned- and my kid just did it: My phone is now permanently off. My son dropped it in the parking lot while at the park. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108