Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere where she was taking medication. I can't recall if they were psychotropics medications or not.

As for the weather, it snowed here quite a bit the day after Christmas...not so much prior. It snowed quite a bit since then, and the ground is covered with several inches of snow. It's also bitter cold here.

Her car was found in the parking lot of an apartment building in Norwich. If she took off with someone she met online, it would make sense to hide it in any one of the zillion larger lots in town, less than a mile from where her car was found. Why that specific apartment building, I wonder? And her car was left there during daylight. That strikes me as odd.

oh, i thought the meds may have been for the fibromyalgia? I agree with you about the location of her car -- it has never been stated whether she knew anyone in those apts? is it possible that she had been visiting someone in the area and someone used the "find my phone app" to spy on her? i have an iphone but dont use that app -- do you know if someone is actively searching for your phone from somewhere else? and if so does it show who is searching for your phone?

....I presume his story is he realized she was gone longer than expected (she left Tuesday morning and he found the phone Wednesday at 8pm), called her, no answer, then used the phone finder thing, drove to it, snapped some photos, then called 911.
Sounds plausible.
Though I'm not sure why he didn't suspect something was awry earlier. She was just going shopping, right? It was a bit of a drive to her destination (what like an hour if I remember right), but I wouldn't think that would warrant her to stay overnight in that area. We don't know the full story, but I have to wonder why he didn't call 911 (or use the phone finder) late Tuesday night or early Wednesday after adequate time passed for her to return home....JMO.

I wish we knew more. I'm on the fence about what may have happened to Jennifer but I find it odd that her husband found the phone, took pictures, & called 911.

It almost feels staged.

I'd feel so much better IF this all happened on the NIGHT that she didn't return from "shopping."

I also feel that this information was strategically released.. I don't know why I get that vibe. I wouldn't mind being wrong! I hope she's alive and well.

JMO

I am not feeling good about waiting til 8pm the following day to track the phone at all.

If my spouse went shopping in the morning and didn't make it home by store closing time that day, I'd be going bonkers! Be out checking all the possible places she might have been, calling police to see if accident or anything had been reported. No way would I be able to sleep or even eat that night and next day.

I completely agree- and if you had a way to see where her phone was, surely you'd use it sooner than the next evening! I know I would.

The only exception to this is, of course, if we were no longer in a real relationship and I expected he might be with someone else. Not saying this is the case here that's just the only reason I can think why I wouldn't freak out about someone not coming home or being in touch. And even then... If we had kids and they'd tried to call with no result I'd probably still be freaking out.

Does anyone know if GR took a polygraph test? Word around town is that he did, and failed. I can't find anything confirming this, but I suppose it's something that wouldn't be publicized...

I'm stumped at why he would wait until the NEXT DAY to use that phone finder app? That's the first thing I would do if my loved ones became missing.

It does seem odd that he tracked the phone himself. Why didn't the police think of this and/or do this? Perhaps the police tried pinging it and it was turned off? But, if it was off, how could GR's phone-finder app work?

The way the article is written, GR did this independently, without the police's knowledge, found the phone, took pictures and only called the police after this was all done? What made him think to take pictures with a cell phone, when he knew he was going to call the police, who have high tech cameras? What was his angle here?

Sounds strange and suspicious as all get out to me.

Well, this is odd: I posted this comment to the below link, and it was deleted from the JR-Missing Person Facebook Page:

"sounds like the police aren't doing too much, but they may have their reasons that the public isn't aware of. i'd be into calling stores to borrow snow shoes and starting a search party near the canasawacta creek...anyone in?"

And now there is no option to even write comments.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2013-01-04/16576/New-details-emerge-in-case-of-missing-woman/

now i see why. i'm blocked from commenting on that page altogether after i posted that.
it doesn't appear as though everyone is blocked, but i noticed that some comments that were on there earlier today, are now deleted. they didn't appear rude to me, and some offered help and suggestions, and they're gone now.

i was serious when i wrote about getting snow shoes and forming a search party. perhaps the page administrators thought i was being sarcastic?

if that's not the case, then it's fishy for sure.

That is very strange indeed! My hinky-radar is going off! And check out this comment posted by the admin made to someone that suggested searches be done: "The police will notify the family and the public, if they feel there needs to be search. We will keep everyone updated."
Why the heck would they just sit around and wait to be told to search?!?! I'd be out searching like crazy irregardless of what the police said.

That is very strange indeed! My hinky-radar is going off! And check out this comment posted by the admin made to someone that suggested searches be done: "The police will notify the family and the public, if they feel there needs to be search. We will keep everyone updated."
Why the heck would they just sit around and wait to be told to search?!?! I'd be out searching like crazy irregardless of what the police said.

It almost sounds like police have told them not to? Dad found van- husband the phone; sounds like LE thought she voluntarily left- and family did not. Maybe they're out of ideas as to where- or LE has a POI they're watching?
I am an on time person 99% of the time, and I have an older van. My family would flip out early and hard. There is something to be said for over-protective spouses and sons: my phone goes off ( and off, and off! ) if I am running late from a trip to the mall an hour from home. Mine would have called LE, NCIS, GBI, and the GA Nat'l Guard by 9.... and physically come looking for me before that :panic:

is it possible that she had been visiting someone in the area and someone used the "find my phone app" to spy on her? i have an iphone but dont use that app -- do you know if someone is actively searching for your phone from somewhere else? and if so does it show who is searching for your phone?

(respectfully snipped)

The app has to be logged into- unless it was someone she gave the info to then nobody couldve tracked her. Also I don't know a heap but I think the app will show you a GPS location- it won't alert you if someone is using it on your phone but there are options to have the phone make a noise or to lock it remotely.

Essentially no I don't think it could be used for stalking except for by a person you are already close to. Interesting idea though!

I just called the local sheriff's department and spoke to a sergeant there, letting him know that there are people in our area who want to form a search party for JR. He said that he would "discourage that at the moment because there are ongoing operations with that. We don't want anyone involved in a search that could disturb our areas, not at this point in time." When I asked if they're doing searches or have done them, he said, "We have planned and ongoing operations and plans for searches and K-9s in the area. I can tell you that we're doing everything possible to find Jennifer." He also said "Thanks so much for calling first, before you guys went out, because it's important not to do that, especially not today or this coming week."

Sounds like perhaps some information is forthcoming this week? And/or they're pin-pointing a specific location and searching today and/or next week? Vague answer to whether or not they've done a search. I'm local, so I think I might have heard if one was either in progress or done. Word gets around quick in these small parts....

Also wondering why GR would go to the phone's location alone, after using the "find my iPhone" app if there was any chance she was ALIVE and in danger. For discussion's sake, if she was kidnapped, and the app shows the GPS location of her phone, wouldn't one think of the possibility that a threat exists and a criminal could be involved, and that they should not go it alone? Even when the GPS location was in a woodsy area, why go alone, retrieve the phone, take your own pics, and only then call the police?

My posts sound accusatory, and I apologize for that. I can say it's because I'm a newbie here, but in actuality, it's because I'm a big cynic.

I now have a very strong and sad feeling that Jennifer is no longer with us.

Thanks Jillian! It does sound like they have some ideas - hopefully there'll be news soon.

Also wondering why GR would go to the phone's location alone, after using the "find my iPhone" app if there was any chance she was in danger. For discussion's sake, if she was kidnapped, and the app shows the GPS location of her phone, wouldn't one think of the possibility that a threat exists and a criminal could be involved, and that they should not go it alone? Even when the GPS location was in a woodsy area, why go alone, retrieve the phone, take your own pics, and only then call the police?

My posts sound accusatory, and I apologize for that. I can say it's because I'm a newbie here, but in actuality, it's because I'm a big cynic.

Postingwise I'm new too, though I've been reading here for a long time - but I guess I'm a cynic too. I would love it if she'd run off with another man, or was otherwise safe, but I agree with you completely about the weirdness of going to a location alone if you didn't know what you might find, and am also fearing the worst. I wonder when she was reported missing with LE- before or after the phone was found? Will go see if I can find that info.

Also wondering why GR would go to the phone's location alone, after using the "find my iPhone" app if there was any chance she was ALIVE and in danger. For discussion's sake, if she was kidnapped, and the app shows the GPS location of her phone, wouldn't one think of the possibility that a threat exists and a criminal could be involved, and that they should not go it alone? Even when the GPS location was in a woodsy area, why go alone, retrieve the phone, take your own pics, and only then call the police?

I have a question about Find A Phone!
Can LE use it to find her phone? And why didnt they have hubby do that at the time she was reported missing why wait so long?

There is also an app out there that shows ya where everyone on you contacts list is located by their phone.

(respectfully snipped)

The app has to be logged into- unless it was someone she gave the info to then nobody couldve tracked her. Also I don't know a heap but I think the app will show you a GPS location- it won't alert you if someone is using it on your phone but there are options to have the phone make a noise or to lock it remotely.

Essentially no I don't think it could be used for stalking except for by a person you are already close to. Interesting idea though!

do you know if JR could she have disabled this app from her own device, so that she couldn't be found via her husband's "find my iPhone" app?

I know there is an app out there where u can find everyone on your contacts and they dont have to have it downloaded on their phone I cant remember the name of it. I sownloaded it once and saw where everyone was but I deleted it because It didnt feel right. Like Spying lol

She could have disabled it yes- you just turn it off on the phone. That said, it's an individual app- he wouldn't necessarily have had access to her 'find my iPhone' unless he had her login- to access the location you have to visit a website and log into your own account. There are other apps that allow you to see the location of your friends/family but this is not one of them- it's intended as a security device, so if your phone is stolen or lost you can find it. I imagine it's proved handy more than once in these sorts of cases though!

LE could use it - if her husband had her login details he would've been able to tell them. If he didn't I'm sure they could get into it but it might've taken more time. So id say it's possible that he was trying to guess her password and only managed to do it at 8pm that following day. However- the phone has to be on. So if he couldn't use that app it would've I think been quicker to have LE ping the phone and track the location. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc