Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing hair color is not a big deal and not a big work with the kits sold nowadays. They are very easy and fast to use. If one puts some kind of lotion/cream next to the hairline one doesn't get the color further than one wants. It would not be to obvious to others that it was done just few hours or so ago.
What doesn't make sense to me if she changed her hair color to disguise herself, why leave traces of it for her husband to find it? It would be of course interesting to know what exactly is he saying to have found which made him think she changed her hair color.
Did her husband not seen her going out the door with her new hair color that day? That would already defeat the point of disguising herself.

This is the thing. It's not, to me, 'why did she change her hair colour' because I really don't know - sometimes women do it on a whim for no reason, sometimes people do it as a disguise, sometimes it's to attract a man, sometimes it's just for you.... etc etc.

However, I remember the first statements, which all said 'MAY HAVE CHANGED HAIR COLOUR'. As though that was a big deal. Now, looking at it, JR looks pretty different pretty often, and I don't know why it would seem such an important fact that her hair colour might be different. The only reason for it that I can see is the implication that she might have changed her hair colour in *order* to not be recognised... that was the way that statement read to me when I first saw it. But I completely agree with the people who said that if she was disguising herself, then she'd have to be really idiotic to leave hair dye and bits of hair everywhere. Particularly since we seem to be dealing with someone who threw her phone out and left a car with a full tank of gas rather than risk being traced.

I think "victims" (and we don't know if she is a victim here or not) are often painted with a rainbow brush and no one can believe they would ever have done anything wrong. It's natural to do this, I guess, because it always always seems to happen.

In this case the victim is painted by a rather dark brush and not always consistent. Look at GR's story. First we are informed that he wanted to end the marriage and she begged him to stay. Note, how it puts him into the position of power and control. He decides about ending of the relationship with Jennifer and then he is begged. Not asked, talked into, or persuaded, but BEGGED. Begging side is a submissive one, leaving all the decision in the hands of a begged side - the master.

And then, aut of the blue, everything changes, and a submissive woman, who was begging her husband to stay, who spent her time caring for her family, turns completely selfish and takes the control and concocts the plan to dump not only her husband, but also her children. Remind you, she was so desperate to keep the family in one piece she was BEGGING her husband to stay, now dumps that precious family with a cold premeditation and without an afterthought. Total, utter and complete lack of consistency here.

That lack of consistence appears also in the other part of the story. Take, for instance, her preparations to leave. She gives herself a new haircut and dyes her hair to change her appearance, to make the seach for her more difficult, that's what is suggested to us. Yet she does it when her husband is at home and can see her in any moment. More, she even doesn't try to remove the traces of procedure, leaving her hair and te remnants of dye in the bathroom. No consistency here too.

Then, looking at this coiffure problem for a bit longer. We are suggested she went straight into the arms of a lover, met online. Yet we are also told she administered herself a hasty haircut in her own bathroom (hasty, because two hours is not that much of time to dye, wash, cut and comb your hair, then to dress yourself and prepare ready to leave). That stinks with some hairdressing disaster, really. How many women, ready to jump into the arms of their lover would make their looks WORSE than usual?

Then the phone. She goes to meet her lover, yet she throws away the only mean of communication with him at the very beginning of her journey.. If she did not have the other, secretly bought phone, that is just stupid.

But maybe Jennifer was kidnapped by some predator, disguised as a lover, and it was him, who dumped her phone? But then why didn't he destroyed a device full of evidence, that could lead to him? We were told she used her iphone to communicate with her online friends, so if it was some predator, why leave the evidence behind? Why not to destroy the phone, hide it where it won't be found, or just pop into a creek or a pond?

But if I was a husband, who made his wife dissapear, and if I wanted to convince everyone that she left me for an internet lover, then yes, I would place the phone carefully somewhere it would be more or less safe, and then, equally carefully, I would orchestrate a big finding scene, so the police would be able to retrieve the history of the internet chats of my wife...

Very well thought out post Hexe and I totally agree with all you had to say.

Behind again.

I don't think the changing her hair color is of much importance. It seems again, sort of put out to the media to sort of divert attention.

I typically go to a salon to get my hair done, however; I have used a box kit at home. In fact, I have accidentally spilled the dye, being in a rush and messy and may have left evidence that I changed my hair.

I just don't get why GR released it other than to state her hair color may be different. IT seems it was released more so in a way to show that she may have been up to something, plotting to hide.

IMO IMO IMO

Let's Review: December 18 http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Police-Search-Around-Home-of-Missing-Woman-183965521.html

"Sheriff Ernie Cutting said they are executing search warrants for the 18 acre grounds, the home, cars, computers and phone records."

"Cutting said there are dozens of leads to follow. And as the investigation goes on, their work could become more complex."

"We're going to continue until we here from her or locate her. We're not gonna stop, we're gonna continue looking until we find answers."

December 26th- http://cnynews.com/sheriffs-now-wait-for-forensic-results-in-missing-jennifer-ramsaran-case/

January 15, 2013 - LE awaits forensic results.

Thank you, Londonraine. I've read all the news articles, followed the case all along. They always search the home in cases like this and of course they wait for forensic test results. As an example, Jessica Ridgeway's home. I guess I don't get your point.

Oh, and just to add.... Everyone said it was HIGHLY out of character for Ivy Merck to take off. She left her beloved dog behind, she allowed her parents to worry themselves sick, she left her job without telling them that she was essentially quitting, she dipped out on her best friend and roommate. Everyone said she was the sweetest person in the world and would never hurt a fly.

She was very intelligent and well-educated, but she left her car in plain sight in a parking lot. Granted, in her case, she left notes in the car saying she needed some time to "work some things out." But people speculated that someone forced her to write the notes, and that she had met with foul play.

For 3 weeks she was gone - no phone or internet activity. Not a peep. Then she turned up way down in Miami, FL, alive and well. There was speculation that maybe she was pregnant, or had an eating disorder, or was having a gay affair with her roommate, one or all of which caused her to run off. We never got any real answers as to why she did it.

I'm just trying to put it into perspective a little, and offer a similiar scenario, where no one EVER would have thought that this sweet girl would have taken off on her own..... but she did just that.

Hi Krey!! :) Ivy will always be in memory. I was soooo worried for her.

I hear what you're saying but here's the thing -

Ivy was a young female dealing with her own personal demons that really were never published. In fact, off topic - once she was found, I never even googled her name. She hopefully is doing well.

Jennifer is an older woman WITH children. I know Ivy left her dog but I just feel that this case is different. It has a different/criminal feel to it.

I always believed that Ivy left on her own accord and was really just worried that a. she would harm herself or b. meet with foul play in MIAMI..

With Jennifer, I just don't get the vibe that she up and left her life..

I could be wrong and I wouldn't mind being wrong!! :)

JMO

Thank you, Londonraine. I've read all the news articles, followed the case all along. They always search the home in cases like this and of course they wait for forensic test results. As an example, Jessica Ridgeway's home. I guess I don't get your point.
I just wanted to suggest a 'sit back and review', no particular point was meant here.
;)

See now I can see her doing it to meet someone - but not to run away. If you're going to disguise yourself, why leave huge clues as to your new look?

But.. if I was meeting someone I wouldn't change my hair colour THE SAME DAY in case it went wrong. Or, as happens when I colour my hair, I end up with an obviously dyed scalp, face, arms....

Yes... It seems like coloring hair for disguise would be done AFTER she left... Like at a hotel, gas station restroom, etc....

JMO

Personally, I think when woman change their hair color, it's for themselves and no one else. If we get gray hair, we want to cover that up, generally speaking that is. If we want to go from brunette to blonde and back, we just do, and sometimes just to "mix it up" and experiment with what we think looks best. I don't know of any female friends, married or single, who have dyed their hair for any other reason.

Interesting that no one questions why men "wash that gray right out of their hair" but when women do it, it has to mean much more...

Yes, of course what you say is true, but my point is about women who have been one color for all their life or very long time and then do it.
I say this based upon my own sad experience. Okay, so what I'm saying is based upon my own experience, and what I was told at the time... and it does not make it a universal rule, but this cases is so similar to events in my own life, even leaving just before Xmas, no picture with new color, etc...

With men, something similar might a man who has had bread forever and then shaves it..

Now I do not know if Jennifer had ever change hair colors.

Yes, of course what you say is true, but my point is about women who have been one color for all their life or very long time and then do it.
I say this based upon my own sad experience. Okay, so what I'm saying is based upon my own experience, and what I was told at the time... and it does not make it a universal rule, but this case is so similar to event is my own case, even leaving just before Xmas, etc...

With men, something similar might a man who has had bread forever and then shaves it..

Now I do not know if Jennifer had ever change hair colors.

Lol, you probably meant "beard"...do you have an ever helpful iPad correcting you...

my suspicious mind says that unless JR went "mudding" (a common activity around here), someone drove her car around in fields and/or forests.

skiing at whaupaunaucau state forest was closed last weekend due to search and rescue being there. i'll go find the link.

My wife, our 3 dogs and I hiked for a few hours this past Saturday in the Waupaunaca State land. If I'm not mistaken, the gates are closed in the late fall to keep vehicles out to allow for cross country skiing. I don't believe it's possible to drive further than the gates at this time of year. Hard to believe that her van could have been driven in there, accounting for the mud. Granted, it is very close to thier house, and it would probably be a good place to dispose of something that you wouldn't want found.

Um I just checked the 'Help Find Jennifer Ramsaran' facebook and there are some pretty interesting comments on there. Whether they're true or not who knows. Also, what Jillian was saying yesterday about people starting to talk - that certainly seems to be the case judging from that page.

Also someone has posted a post from GR that is the usual level of odd.

Hi Krey!! :) Ivy will always be in memory. I was soooo worried for her.

I hear what you're saying but here's the thing -

Ivy was a young female dealing with her own personal demons that really were never published. In fact, off topic - once she was found, I never even googled her name. She hopefully is doing well.

Jennifer is an older woman WITH children. I know Ivy left her dog but I just feel that this case is different. It has a different/criminal feel to it.

I always believed that Ivy left on her own accord and was really just worried that a. she would harm herself or b. meet with foul play in MIAMI..

With Jennifer, I just don't get the vibe that she up and left her life..

I could be wrong and I wouldn't mind being wrong!! :)

JMO

Hi Juicy!! :seeya: I keep running into people from the Ivy thread! :)

I could be wrong, too.... but gosh, I really hope that I'm not!!! (not b/c I don't want to be wrong, but b/c it would mean JR isn't alive and well)

I've given myself an actual headache over this case. I might have to step back and detach a little.

Hi Juicy!! :seeya: I keep running into people from the Ivy thread! :)

I could be wrong, too.... but gosh, I really hope that I'm not!!! (not b/c I don't want to be wrong, but b/c it would mean JR isn't alive and well)

I've given myself an actual headache over this case. I might have to step back and detach a little.

I know whatcha mean.

I don't know what happened to JR but I can't wrap my head around the majority of theories. It just doesn't click for me.

I'm hoping for some type of development soon. SOMETHING, anything.. :please:

Anyone who's local and interested in joining a search party this Saturday (time and exact location(s) TBD, please let me know. Local hiking groups and snow mobiling clubs may join as well. Weather will be warm, slated to be in the 40's. Waiting on police permission to check out certain areas so that we don't get in the way of other potential search sites and personnel.

Anyone who's local and interested in joining a search party this Saturday (time and exact location(s) TBD, please let me know. Local hiking groups and snow mobiling clubs may join as well. Weather will be warm, slated to be in the 40's. Waiting on police permission to check out certain areas so that we don't get in the way of other potential search sites and personnel.

Good for you... :rocker:

I live on the other coast... But I will be with you in spirit! :praying:

Good luck! :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads