Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking is that he wanted a constant physical reminder of why he should stay away from Jodi and to help his mind overcome his physical desires.

I like the just waking up theory, but I swear it looks like he is doing that sideways V gesture to the camera. It doesn't look like he is blocking the shot to me. And he doesn't look particularly startled.

These kinds of things really bug me! I hope I don't as obsessed with this case as I was with Caylee, trying to find explanations to every picture, story, phone call, etc. Trying to find the truth in all the lies.

LOL, I'm just going to just put this out there. My first thought was that he had KY on his fingers.

I don't think she needed the cigs because she was filled with anxiety. I think she needed them because she was ecstatic. She had to dispose of the evidence and then drive that long distance to her next victim's house and needed to focus.

Was the car rental witness asked if there were ashes in the ashtray?.

BBM - Jumping off your post re: smoke smell in JA's car:

Did Ryan report a smoke smell on JA or in her car?

That answer might help determine if the smoke smell [aka burning of items] happened before or after her visit with Ryan and narrow down location to as few as ~750 miles [guesstament for Utah to Yreka, CA].

At least we finally found each other! :seeya:

I knew I had seen someone else with a similar theory and I could not remember who the poster was.

I am kind of surprised that it was not discussed in any of the LE interviews, or in the trial.

In a way, I can see how this could be an element of motive, if TA said I am not going to have sex with you anymore, Jodi, that might be the final straw for her.

But then you have to explain the naked pictures, where Travis is obviously naked with Jodi around. So even if he did say something to this effect, he apparently changed his mind and maybe decided 'oh, this one last time'.

And, it appears he removed it before his shower, as his shower does not seem coerced and it is by now removed and apparently crumpled on the floor.

So if he changed his mind about being chaste, that is kind of anti-motive.

I also think a big element of motive was him travelling with another woman. And, just MOO, he had been putting her off, trying to cut all ties with her in the weeks leading up to the murder.

Its been rumored that Juan is going to call his own DV expert in rebuttal. If he does I think he will ask her/him can men be coerced or forced into having sex that they really dont want to have due to the abusive circumstances they find themselves in. Just like many abused females find themselves in and have done the same.

From everything I have read on the subject of males who are abused they experience the same things a female does who is in the clutches of an abuser.

Imo his DV expert is going to make Jodi Arias into the obsessive stalker abuser and make Travis the victim of abuse by his obsessive stalker DV abuser.

IMO

Had a thought about why JA put TA in the shower when she could have left him where he died. I wondered if water had a symbolic meaning for her. I seem to recall posters describing the Mormon baptismal ritual where they are "dunked" in water, washing away sins (?). Could she possibly have thought SHE was absolving him of SIN? Horrifying thought.

Possible!

Another thought, and more simplistic, is 1) she originally wanted him contained in the shower so that he could not escape and 2) returning him to the shower would guarantee her DNA was not on his body after she had dragged him back there. Obviously the murder didn't go according to her plan and she had to touch him during the perpetration of the crime. The shower appears to be the area furthest away from the bedroom door and least likely place for his body to be immediately discovered.

MOO

I have often wondered what LE might have gotten out of CA if they had taken an approach more like Flores with JA. I think the tough, brow-beating approach was never going to be effective with her, as she just got more resistant. I think it was much like her existing family dynamic with Cindy and George.

I also think you can get a lot of true information even out of chronic liars, as long as you can keep them talking. Most liars cannot completely fabricate reality, they need to supplement things from actual experience, IMO.

i thought flores was the one who questioned her in cali?

Interesting that the pic of him sitting in the shower is so similar to the crime scene pic of him wedged in the shower. First thought was she was staging and completing her montage of TA showering but she wasn't able to get him in the same pose as when he was sitting. The two pics just floor me. Sitting and then wedged. Evil visited that day.

They have had witnesses on the stand to testify to her strength. I am a five foot Cherokee, 115 pounds, and trust me, I'm a lot stronger than I look. Before we had our fireplace converted to gas, I could chop wood with the best of them. My SIL always told me, I was meant to be a pioneer woman. :floorlaugh:

Plus, we know she did it, whether we can conceive of her doing it or not.

(Just jumping off your post)

Doc in the house weighed in. In his experience, pure sociopathy is rare to see. It is usually "a perfect storm" of internal and external factors that cause a person to commit such a heinous act. He also stated that it would take many hours by a qualified psychiatrist to totally figure out what makes JA JA and make the proper diagnosis which we already knew. He did say that the astute observations we have made do fit in the categories we have discussed such as sociopathy, personality disorder etc. BPD not so much. He has seen some of the interviews of JA by LE and on 48 Hours. I have shared many of your posts with him and he was duly impressed by what he has heard. Just Saying we are awesome.

****commercial break****

Just woke up from a dream where Billy Crystal showed up and asked how he knew me to which I replied "I was in Harry Met Sally with you". To which he replied "you lost 20 pounds? You're pretty fat now so you really got big!".

Greetings from Feverlandia. I really really really need to get better today as I'm 2 hours from home and want to be in court all day tomorrow . And I may as well go-ahead and tell you I was approached by a producer from Dr. drew who asked me to be a guest on the show tomorrow to talk about victim family / court watching issues. I gotta get better.

And one final note, don't you think Lifetime Movie Network was created for people who are stuck in bed all day? Wassup with that?

I fell asleep listening to the interrogation tapes, I had a dream that I was interviewing the defendant along with Det. Flores.

We were in some parking lot where a semi truck was, she was telling and showing us how he had gotten hit by an underside of the semi.
I replied "So you mean to tell us that he was hit by the underside of this semi and then you dragged him back to his house and put him in the the shower, yeah sure totally believable story".

LOL Oh silly dreams, it sure was really nice working with Det. Flores tho! :giggle:

I hope you get better today Katie!!! :hug:

which begs the question, is a defense attorney allowed to say anything at all, literally in opening statement such as "I will produce evidence that he made a creepy call and that two ninja fighters broke in and killed him"

And then she does neither....? (which I mean as a serious question) how much leeway is a Defense Attny. given in opening to just say what they want?

Pretty much leeway. They just can't mention evidence that has already been excluded or anything that the judge had previously ruled could not be mentioned.

Thank you! I hadn't seen that one.

If you want more Juan here's another case he prosecuted.

48Hours|Mystery - Deadly Prophecy

Deadly Prophecy - 48 Hours - CBS News

Thanks again!! No wonder JM is so amazing in TA/JA's case ~ he's dealt with just about every kind of crazy out there!!

BTW, did you think the courtroom seemed teenie-tiny?! Now I realize just how big the courtroom is for this trial!!

ohhh o/t - hln his playing the claudine longet story - about when she killed spider sabich and only got 30 days :(

that might be true, but he would behave a certain way, even if not abusive, his personality would have certain attributes that made it not a huge stretch to think he was controlling or a filthy name caller...

There is one thing about his personality that IMO is often found in controlling people -- the obsessive orderliness of his closet.

That's the only thing I have seen that could even be considered part of a controlling profile, and obviously having an organized closet alone means nothing.

If you look at the progression of the photos, IMO, you can see when Travis realizes that Jodi is still in his house and is taking photos of him in the shower. At 5:27:18 is when I think that Travis realizes Jodi is there. At 5:28:54 it appears that Travis kind of slides down the wall of the shower to the floor because, IMO, he once again is having to deal with this chick that he thought he had gotten rid of. At 5:29:20 Travis is looking at Jodi with a look of, IMO, can you please just leave me the hello alone?!?! At 5:30:30 we have Travis sitting completely on the floor of the shower without his head showing. I think that it was at the point where Travis had had more than enough of Jodi, had thought she was gone and that he was alone, and then he was still having to deal with her anyway. Jodi told Flores (yes, we know she lies) that she didn't think Travis would let her take photos of him in the shower. I believe that she told the truth about that. I believe that she took those photos without his knowledge, until the one where he saw her. I believe he got upset with her about it, but did NOT attack her. Here's the collage of photos that Harmony2 posted in the media thread.

shower_travis_murder_pics_xtralarge.jpg

photo credits:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1242428
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1241403
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01...-moments-alive
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...#slide=1985280

BBM - Jumping off your post re: smoke smell in JA's car:

Did Ryan report a smoke smell on JA or in her car?

That answer might help determine if the smoke smell [aka burning of items] happened before or after her visit with Ryan and narrow down location to as few as ~750 miles [guesstament for Utah to Yreka, CA].

I'm not sure if Ryan was ever in the rental. However, Leslie was and could testify to the smell.

Wow, you must have had some pretty nice $ for all those hours!

Hmm, call me for some work at home opp if you ever need help!

Yes, the firm made a killing off my billables (bummer I see just under 1/3 of my hourly rate). I'll have to keep you in mind for contract work on the next big one :) Seems at least once a year we get a REAAAAAAAAAAAL doozie!!

My fav was some lady who sued our client for $5 million but once i prepared the medical summary and put her drug problem was on blast, she settled in the waking hours for $5,000. Her attorney was about to stroke out after working on the case for over 2 years ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS!!!! Haha - sucka!!!

I'm not sure if Ryan was ever in the rental. However, Leslie was and could testify to the smell.

I was thinking maybe she put the bloody clothes and such in the trunk perhaps on the floor mats or with them if she got blood on one. (better to have 4 missing then just 1 or 2, maybe that way it wouldn't be noticed). With the extra gas she bought when she left Utah I figured she burned the articles on the way home thus explaining the extra gas at that time and the smoke smell so fresh upon returning the car, the car returning late and no smoke smell by Leslie. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb