Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my...

DH and I are (well... Were... When we were younger.. :smile: ) avid off roaders... 4 WD Jeeps.... Blown tires.... We loved it!

I am so impressed with your knowledge of the roads in JR's area...

You made an important point .... That a van would not be able to traverse some of the roads that a 4WD jeep type vehicle could.... And I don't imagine JR would want to get her van dirty/scratched/defaced...

therefore... I would think... As you have said...that the use of the van for off reading would narrow down which roads could have been used...

JMO

Thanks. I grew up here, snowmobile, XC ski, "RUN OFF ROAD trails", Mountain Bike, and yes, like to put the truck in 4WD at times. Although I don't know these roads like I do the Route 12 corridor, we do often take Sunday drives out in the countryside and I'm learning them. I will say, the New Michigan / Pharsalia State Lands, that if you don't know them, you can really get turned around out there and get lost and come out in a completely different area you thought you would. That area bounded by SR23 / SR26 and CR16 is a maze of seasonal roads!

Thanks. I grew up here, snowmobile, XC ski, "RUN OFF ROAD trails", Mountain Bike, and yes, like to put the truck in 4WD at times. Although I don't know these roads like I do the Route 12 corridor, we do often take Sunday drives out in the countryside and I'm learning them. I will say, the New Michigan / Pharsalia State Lands, that if you don't know them, you can really get turned around out there and get lost and come out in a completely different area you thought you would. That area bounded by SR23 / SR26 and CR16 is a maze of seasonal roads!

Our off-roading has been in Anza-Borrego badlands... Saddleback Mountain... Sierras... We are on the west coast...

So I am so appreciative of your knowledge... And of your suggestions for searching for JR!

:seeya:

ETA.... DH and I haven't stopped off-roading completely... We just have become more conservative... It IS in our blood... After all! :D

Oh my...

DH and I are (well... Were... When we were younger.. :smile: ) avid off roaders... 4 WD Jeeps.... Blown tires.... We loved it!

I am so impressed with your knowledge of the roads in JR's area...

You made an important point .... That a van would not be able to traverse some of the roads that a 4WD jeep type vehicle could.... And I don't imagine JR would want to get her van dirty/scratched/defaced...

therefore... I would think... As you have said...that the use of the van for off reading would narrow down which roads could have been used...

JMO

For some reason it'll let me load with IE, but not with Firefox...

Here's the route I talked about above.

Attachments

• Search John Smith.jpg
    Search John Smith.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 27
Dang it. I thought that was a "back road". How far from a non paved/highly visible/non main road?

(Dang it to myself, not you)

It is ~ 6.3 miles to where Blackman Road starts and goes to dirt. From this location, it is all paved to where the van was found. To me, that is the closest "muddy" road.. and that road is basically Moon Hill Road where the cell phone was found down on SR23. It is 5.6 miles from where Moon Hill Road meets SR23 to where the van was found.

My understanding is the morning unfolded as a typical morning would. That would of course include the kids seeing Mom, and Dad driving them to school....

Is it possible, especially given her fibro, that she might have been prone to sleeping in since GR took them to school? I know that mornings are bad for me in terms of pain and it might be the same for her. If she did periodically sleep in then the kids wouldn't think anything was amiss. Have the kids stated that they saw her (if you know) or do we only have GR's version of what happened that morning?

IMO we might never know, kids can be infuenced. In the Perry March case he had his son testify that he had waved to his mom as she drove away (nevee happened, she was killed after the kids went to bed).

RB - are JR's parents "on board" with the Shining Hope event on the 16th?

Where are GR's parents? Are they close by? Helping with the kids? Showing any support?

Rb..

We are working you here! <modsnip>!

Can you tell us if the unsubstantiated thoughts on GR having extra marital affairs or affair is true??

Is it possible, especially given her fibro, that she might have been prone to sleeping in since GR took them to school? I know that mornings are bad for me in terms of pain and it might be the same for her. If she did periodically sleep in then the kids wouldn't think anything was amiss. Have the kids stated that they saw her (if you know) or do we only have GR's version of what happened that morning? IMO we might never know, kids can be infuenced. In the Perry March case he had his son testify that he had waved to his mom as she drove away (nevee happened, she was killed after the kids went to bed).

MV:
Don't know whether or not Jennifer was prone to sleeping in due to her medical issues.
It's my understanding the kids stated to LE they saw their mom that morning.

Been thinking about this some more. Another area I'd add to the list is Bowman Lake State Park. It's ~10miles from the Lake to the location the cell phone was found. The Finger Lake Trail goes up into the Park. From Bowman, one could easily take all back roads to Blackman Road back over to Moon Hill Road.

It drives me crazy because there are just so many places - just so much State Land in our area.

I'm hoping the MUD forensics help!!

I was thinking the mud would be more of a byproduct of using a back route than camouflage but I just thought myself into being more confused.

I don't know if this is ok. Feel free to edit.

RB - are JR's parents "on board" with the Shining Hope event on the 16th?

Where are GR's parents? Are they close by? Helping with the kids? Showing any support?

Penny - JR's parents are uncertain at the moment whether or not they will attend.

GR's parents live downstate (NY). They have been up to see the kids several times since Jennifer disappeared. Very supportive indeed.

Rb..

We are working you here! <modsnip>!

Can you tell us if the unsubstantiated thoughts on GR having extra marital affairs or affair is true??

Sad but definitely true LJ...singular as far as I know :(

Penny - JR's parents are uncertain at the moment whether or not they will attend.

GR's parents live downstate (NY). They have been up to see the kids several times since Jennifer disappeared. Very supportive indeed.

BBM
That's...wow. Am I reading too much into that?

ETA: Let me clarify. I'm thinking that JR's parents are unsure about going because it would be 'uncomfortable', but maybe it's just a scheduling conflict or something. If it's something innocuous, then I'm reading too much into it.

"Very supportive indeed"
:waitasec:

Probably reading into this too but I found it interesting none-the-less.

Sad but definitely true LJ...singular as far as I know :(

Thank you so much, rickblaine, for the information you've been able to provide. I hope that we can be of some help here in finding Jennifer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445