MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if the gas station owner has officially been ruled out or not but there'a a good deal of focus on him resembling the sketch. IMO if LE knows he is not involved, they should really make it clear that he is NOT INVOLVED so locals can get off of his case as a POI and focus attention elsewhere. He's an unsavory character, sure, and I have nothing nice to say about him but if he's not involved, get him out of the way so folks can focus on looking for the real suspect.

Agreed. I hate to say it, but it seems like the media could do a little more to set this straight as well. I hope they are not avoiding this topic so as to keep the controversy going for their own benefit.

...I'm not sure if the gas station owner has officially been ruled out or not but there'a a good deal of focus on him resembling the sketch. IMO if LE knows he is not involved, they should really make it clear that he is NOT INVOLVED so locals can get off of his case as a POI and focus attention elsewhere. He's an unsavory character, sure, and I have nothing nice to say about him but if he's not involved, get him out of the way so folks can focus on looking for the real suspect.

Respectfully <snipped> I don't recall having read or heard specifically that the Exxon station owner has been cleared. If someone has a media link, I would like to see it. I don't know whether or not Jessica's boss is involved, but his attitude and behavior in the GMA video left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Something's not right about a business owner showing a lack of concern for the safety of his employees and making it known that he "likes to hire pretty girls because it helps business" doesn't resonate well with me. The CYA after the fact is troublesome, too. I suspect that his attorney advised him to install surveillance equipment pronto, but it might be too late for Jessica. She's been missing for too long now, and I am losing confidence that she'll be found alive. :moo:

ETA: Thanks to iluvmua for article posted above.

Morning sleuthers! What's the latest on the second video (coin zone)? Has it been released yet?

They have said that but my concern is reading the comments on the official FB page and on news articles... I try to sift through the comments to find comments from locals to see if the focus is hung up on him. If it is, are others reminding everyone that he is not a POI/suspect.

He certainly does look similar to the sketch and I can understand the hostility towards him. However it seems there is some tunnel vision on him and if that is at all distracting from the real perp there's a problem.

Agreed. I hate to say it, but it seems like the media could do a little more to set this straight as well. I hope they are not avoiding this topic so as to keep the controversy going for their own benefit.

Exactly. I think LE (Shaw, perhaps) could make a point of saying in his interviews or press releases that one of the people who has been cleared is the owner and the media should also make this clear.

I emailed one of the Mlive reporters. Maybe if the news stations get some citizens asking them to set the record straight as far as Jessica's boss is concerned, they might consider it. Hopefully. This tunnel vision isn't helping the investigation at all, and anything that doesn't help at this point might actually hurt it.

Did i read somewhere earlier that the Feds were involved in this case?
If so It's a safe bet that there's some sort of strategy in place & the bare minimum of details being released to the
media/public whilst investigations , information & databases are being cross referenced & pursued covertly..
I mean even the quality of the footage & indentikit sketch being so amateurish may be part of some grander plan &
cloak the actual info the agencies actually possess..
Just trying to spin a positive in ..as this is often the case with investigations under high media scrutiny..what we see & hear aren't always what's actually going on...

Did i read somewhere earlier that the Feds were involved in this case?
If so It's a safe bet that there's some sort of strategy in place & the bare minimum of details being released to the
media/public whilst investigations , information & databases are being cross referenced & pursued covertly..
I mean even the quality of the footage & indentikit sketch being so amateurish may be part of some grander plan &
cloak the actual info the agencies actually possess..
Just trying to spin a positive in ..as this is often the case with investigations under high media scrutiny..what we see & hear aren't always what's actually going on...

Local LE is saying FBI has "been contacted and has made themselves available if their resources are needed". Whatever that means. I kind of think they are responsible for the POI sketch. Local LE took 4 days to release it, saying they were waiting for a better sketch. It sounded to me like someone local gave it a shot but LE decided it wasn't good enough to release to the public. I don't know that as fact though.

For our purposes here, it doesn't matter what the comment sections say or any comments on FB. That is all considered rumor here and not allowed.

Until or unless LE says someone is a POI or suspect everyone involved in this case is off limits as far as discussing in a suspicious way.

RSO's are discussable.

Thank you

Ima

I'm from Michigan, don't know the Muskegon area real well, but I know that quite a few people commute quite a distance from northern counties (Newaygo, Lake, Mason, Oceana) to work in Muskegon and Grand Rapids. Does anyone have any stats - do kidnappers usually choose a local victim, or do they drive a distance away?

Just last week before this happened I was (sort of) joking with my husband that we should get a gun for when we go hiking in the woods near Newaygo...I've been creeped out up there several times. Very rough, impoverished areas.

I do hope Jessica is found safe and sound soon. This is just heartbreaking.

Last customer and fiancé have been cleared. At least one former boyfriend. Maybe two. How about Exxon owner?

My very first WS post (& sincere apologies in advance if I say something that does not belong here &/or deemed irrelevant as I am still learning the ropes)! Have been a WS fan for years & finally decided to join as this case took place only a little over an hour away from where I live.

As to the owner: I am a little less suspicious now than I was before the sketch came out (the man in the sketch has no facial hair). But, that's just going by the sketch; is it possible that the man in the sketch (or the van, for that matter) does not have anything to do with what has transpired (e.g., the white truck in the Lauren Spierer case, which, after the driver came forward, was found to be unrelated)? Is it possible also that there is more than one individual involved?

One thing I keep coming back to is that "(t)he cash register was also left out and there was no money missing."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/search_for_missing_muskegon_co.html

Am I correct in assuming that the actual cash drawer was left out (as Jessica had been getting ready to finish her shift)? If so, what this tells me is that there was an exceptionally high level of comfort & trust -in terms of busiess- between Jessica & the perp. Since "there was no struggle inside the store," yes, I believe that she was lured outside. Say, someone stopped in -pretending- to seek help from her (e.g., "There is something wrong with a pump. Can you come take a look?"), & when she went outside, trouble ensued. Jessica probably thought that she would be gone only for a minute, but I believe that she still would have put the cash drawer back into the register before she went outside unless the one seeking help was someone whom she knew very well & trusted -more than a casual acquaintance-. I may be generalizing too much ...?

Flutter -- When driving North on Grand Haven, you can merge/make the left onto 31/Seaway at that intersection at the stoplights. There are a couple of fixtures on the wires -- do you know if those are lights? I'm guessing they're not cameras but can't tell. (I'm looking on google maps of course).

My very first WS post (& sincere apologies in advance if I say something that does not belong here &/or deemed irrelevant as I am still learning the ropes)! Have been a WS fan for years & finally decided to join as this case took place only a little over an hour away from where I live.

As to the owner: I am a little less suspicious now than I was before the sketch came out (the man in the sketch has no facial hair). But, that's just going by the sketch; is it possible that the man in the sketch (or the van, for that matter) does not have anything to do with what has transpired (e.g., the white truck in the Lauren Spierer case, which, after the driver came forward, was found to be unrelated)? Is it possible also that there is more than one individual involved?

One thing I keep coming back to is that "(t)he cash register was also left out and there was no money missing."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/search_for_missing_muskegon_co.html

Am I correct in assuming that the actual cash drawer was left out (as Jessica had been getting ready to finish her shift)? If so, what this tells me is that there was an exceptionally high level of comfort & trust -in terms of busiess- between Jessica & the perp. Since "there was no struggle inside the store," yes, I believe that she was lured outside. Say, someone stopped in -pretending- to seek help from her (e.g., "There is something wrong with a pump. Can you come take a look?"), & when she went outside, trouble ensued. Jessica probably thought that she would be gone only for a minute, but I believe that she still would have put the cash drawer back into the register before she went outside unless the one seeking help was someone whom she knew very well & trusted -more than a casual acquaintance-. I may be generalizing too much ...?

LE does not consider him a POI. (just bolding just in case someone else does not know that he is not considered a POI).

I'm thinking this is a sexually motivated crime since nothing was taken, only Jessica and i'm not sure if she even knew who took her.

:Welcome1: inmyhumbleopinion!

Flutter -- When driving North on Grand Haven, you can merge/make the left onto 31/Seaway at that intersection at the stoplights. There is a couple of fixtures on the wires -- do you know if those are lights? I'm guessing they're not cameras but can't tell. (I'm looking on google maps of course).

There is a light there. I don't know about a camera. It seems like a likely place for one, but I really don't know. If you turn left there onto Seaway, you head into Muskegon and/or Muskegon Hts or loop back around to Norton Shores. If you turn right, Seaway/Bus31 actually turns into I96 heading East into Grand Rapids and all the way across the state. Right before the light, there is a road and apartment complex to the left...Hidden Cove apartments. Back in there is a lot of marsh and leads to Mona Lake Park. I am a little concerned about that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129