CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hope. Unlicensed rehabs are a huge concern in a community that wants to maintain its own standards. Clearly she has a number of concerns-she is not shy when it comes to the camera so I feel confident that she will follow through this time.

As usual She did not attend. :floorlaugh:

Perhaps her husband JeM took along a missing poster, on JuM's behalf? He seems very community-minded, what with all his activity at the command centre at Big Bear, during the Dorner shoot out, etc.

Sigh. Wrong again. Well a sleuther can hope....it springs eternal here.

Oh my gosh, isn't it Bob's birthday soon? Help me out here, fellow sleuthers. I'll never forgive myself if I miss it. I'm only allowed to forget my own, and Mr Z's, and my family members, and the Queen and well........everyone really, except Bob.

Oh my gosh, isn't it Bob's birthday soon? Help me out here, fellow sleuthers. I'll never forgive myself if I miss it. I'm only allowed to forget my own, and Mr Z's, and my family members, and the Queen and well........everyone really, except Bob.

Yes, Mr. Harrod's birthday is June 1. He was born in 1928 so this would have been his 85th birthday.

Thank you, Angelo.

I know Bob liked pottering in his garden, so I would try to take some pics of flowers for his birthday, but my garden is a mudbath at the moment.

So I am going to try and bake a cake, and post a pic of it, to mark Bob's birthday. This is a BIG thing for me, so wish me luck. Even if it's awful, my best wishes will be there and Bob's birthday will not go unnoticed.

After the heartfelt plea from zwiebel, I went searching for Mr. Harrod's birth date. My sleuthing skills are rather lacking, so was unable to find it.

Now that we know, I think I can remember it. My brother, his son, and a friend share that birth date, though all with different years.

I dreamt about baking last night. Actually, it tended to the nightmare side. I can't believe I'm scared of baking a cake, but I am. Never mind, Germans have all the equipment and nobody will have to taste a photo, at least. I must be able to make it look nice, even if it burns a little on the bottom...... like everything else I cook does.

There must be enough here to turn out something nice enough to mark Bob's birthday.

Attachments

• bob cakeingred.JPG
    bob cakeingred.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 26
I woke up this morning convinced it was June 1ST...

And I was going to query you, but then thought I must have got the date wrong and had to rush off and check with Mr Z.

We both need more coffee, believe.

Det. Radomski: One of the huge difficulties in a case like this is that we're pretty confident that this isn't an act of random violence or an abduction, so you have to look at somebody involved- inner circle and that's very hard to get the truth out of that.Friends and family will protect each other. I think that the details lie in the battle for the money.

Det. Radomski: I want to still explore every avenue and keep the information coming in...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

The best birthday gift anyone can give Bob is to stop protecting those responsible for his disappearance and come forward with the information that will bring Bob home.

I hope Bob will be given the greatest gift ever and the persons with answers will come forward. It's not to late to give Bob that gift in time for his birthday.

Yes it is! I'd never heard of it before, but it is in the oven this minute, as I type. I have been nervous as a cat doing this, and will be until it's out of the oven.

The instructions said put fizzy mineral water in it. I did and now it's risen up like a small hill. How I am supposed to decorate that with Bob's name I don't know.

That was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life and I will bake one more cake in my lifetime - when Bob is brought home.

I was inspired by sweet Mom Jennifer Ramsaran here on WS and her homemaking skills, to bake a cake for Bob. Jennifer is deceased, with her husband charged with her murder, but WSers found her little postings of baking and babies and knitted bonnets. So moving. So simple. But what a beautiful legacy of kindness and caring.

But Jennifer could cook, and I forgot that I couldn't. I struggle with boiled potatoes.

I bought a packet mix, but threw the instructions away in my huge recycling bin before I read them and had to retrieve them. In the middle of baking, our town flooded. I took it out of the oven too soon, and had to put it back in. It took me forever to realise when decorating a cake, you are supposed to slice off the raised top, then turn it over - hey presto, flat surface! I baked a lovely multi-colored cake without thinking I was covering it with frosting and the colors would be hidden.

It is finished now and it is about half as nice as I would like it to be. But it is ready for Bob's birthday tomorrow. Mr Z has eaten the bits I sliced off and he says it's nice. I can't face eating at the moment - I'm still recovering.

If Bob isn't brought home by his next birthday I'm going to do something less stressful to mark the event. Parachuting out of a plane maybe, or skiing down a mountain backwards.

Happy birthday Mr Harrod.

birthdaycake.jpg

:blowkiss: Great job. It will be a comfort to Fontelle to know that Bob is still cherished as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487