CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing in the news or on the Find Bryce FB page. No dragracerz yet today, he usually checks in by now. Maybe there is nothing new but am beginning to wonder.

This one concerns me the most. A "homeless person" sleeping on a truck loading dock area of a grocery store mid day? Homeless people stick together in groups & have their safe spots to sleep. This doesn't smell right.

RSBM

No, not necessarily. Not in the Valley, at least. We do have "groups", but more often it's one or a pair, and they sleep whenever they choose.

I drove through an alley the other day near my house, and it was a hot, hot afternoon. There was a guy asleep - maybe passed out - in the alley, and he was alone. And he was not in a safe place - easily could've been run over.

Based on my decades living here, I'd say that while yes, in some areas it's a group of homeless, it isn't the norm here...

Best-
Herding Cats

Wonder if he drinks Red Bull or something else along those lines? Or if anything like that could be found near his car? Something like that could wire him as well maybe?

Boys in that like 16-26 year old range often seem like a different species to me! :scared: Logic and such sometimes seem, umm, unique! Ha!

As a friend just found out from her son a few weeks back, she'd had him doing his own laundry for over three years, and just within the last month he asked what the blue bottle on the washer was for. She looked at him, dumbfounded, and said, "You mean the detergent?" And he looked at her equally dumbfounded and said, "Wait, am I supposed to be putting that in there?" Three years of doing his own laundry, having assured her he knew how to do it, and she discovers he's NEVER used laundry detergent :floorlaugh:

Unless his friends fill in more pieces for us, who knows what Bryce may have been thinking when he left...unfortunately!

:lol:I completely get what you mean!! I have two brothers that are 19 and 24... and sometimes it really is like I'm dealing with people from another planet. :pullhair:

Both of my brothers are avid consumers of Red Bull and other types of energy drinks. Drinking up to 3-4 a day sometimes!!! Although they do act crazy sometimes I've never seen them act too irrational when they've had a few. HOWEVER, one of those mixed with Adderall or God only knows what...I could see it being disastrous! Especially if he wasn't overly used to the effects of either. I tried just ONE sip of my brother's energy drink once and I felt SO strange afterwards. Weird headache, tingly and my heart was racing so fast. So it affects people differently, probably depending on the frequency of usage.

Oh my word!!! The situation with the laundry detergent....:laughcry: That is hilarious. Although I do feel bad for the guy...and his poor mom when she found out!!!!!

A question for yellowcamaro or anyone familiar with the area.....

Going with the theory that Bryce was disoriented from the crash or even had a head injury (which I know you stated was unlikely from how it appears the car went over the cliff), are there areas where a disoriented person could fall into the water or is it fairly level all the way around? And are there any areas where it is very deep right up to the edge of the lake or is the lake fairly shallow at the edges all the way around?

My point is, I can see someone being disoriented and unsteady on their feet and falling into a lake, but I think it's far less likely that someone that is disoriented would just keep walking into the water until they reach a depth where they could drown.

Some posters have mentioned that they think that Bryce is in the lake, further in, but I have to wonder just how he could get there? If someone wanted to dispose of him, they'd have to have a way to do it, a boat to get to the middle of the lake. I don't totally rule out that he is in the lake, in fact for a while I was pretty sure he was, but running through the scenarios in my head, I have to wonder how he could possibly end up in deeper waters.
Long time lurker here. It all depends on where in the lake you are looking it. That area was a canyon before they dammed it so its got some interesting terrain features. The few flat areas around the lake are right around the dam and across the lake from the dock. Depth levels around the lake vary as well. There are a lot of steep drop offs where the depth will go from 5 feet to over 100 feet in a short distance. Ive been trying to find a good detailed topo map of the lake thats shows how quick the depths change but not luck so far.

Reading through all the posts something that caught my eye was the dogs tracking his scent to the water and then across the dam. Thats a pretty decent trek to make distance wise. Just seems odd to me that he would go that way because of the proximity to Lake Elizabeth road.

Nothing in the news or on the Find Bryce FB page. No dragracerz yet today, he usually checks in by now. Maybe there is nothing new but am beginning to wonder.

I know. I start to get anxious when we haven't heard from him in a while.. Hope all is well & going good with today's Amber team search. Hope there is at least good media coverage of it.

Long time lurker here. It all depends on where in the lake you are looking it. That area was a canyon before they dammed it so its got some interesting terrain features. The few flat areas around the lake are right around the dam and across the lake from the dock. Depth levels around the lake vary as well. There are a lot of steep drop offs where the depth will go from 5 feet to over 100 feet in a short distance. Ive been trying to find a good detailed topo map of the lake thats shows how quick the depths change but not luck so far.

Reading through all the posts something that caught my eye was the dogs tracking his scent to the water and then across the dam. Thats a pretty decent trek to make distance wise. Just seems odd to me that he would go that way because of the proximity to Lake Elizabeth road.

:welcome:

Not sure I follow... Wasn't he walking south along the water & then west across the dam? Or do you mean Lake Hughes Rd?

I think that even without a head injury, going down the hill from the top of the cell tower backwards onto Main Ramp Rd, in the pitch dark of an area he had never been before, he probably was completely disoriented & had no idea what road he was on or where it went either direction. He likely headed down hill, remembering that he had travelled uphill from the freeway, only to find himself at the water. So he followed the water, then to the dam, and God help us figure out where from there...

It should not take this long to get results on the blood IMO. If so, very strange indeed for an active case when they know who they are trying to match it up with.

It should not take this long to get results on the blood IMO. If so, very strange indeed for an active case when they know who they are trying to match it up with.

I believe the uncle indicated that LE did not move on getting DNA on the blood from the vehicle until after there was a change of detectives on the case on Monday Sept 9th. So, if they collected & sent it off on Tues 9/10, it could still be quite a while.

:wagon::welcome4:

I believe the uncle indicated that LE did not move on getting DNA on the blood from the vehicle until after there was a change of detectives on the case on Monday Sept 9th. So, if they collected & sent it off on Tues 9/10, it could still be quite a while.

They could do a quick "type" on the blood. That in itself can rule someone out and takes no time at all. I think your correct however, full DNA will take a while.

Hard to find a good illustration of the depth (topo) of Lake Castaic but I did find this one that has the depth shading. Maybe it can shed a little light?

http://lakes.garmin.com/search/lake/2230?lake=&location=&state=CA&search_submitted=1&per_page=20

I am pretty new here too but :welcome5: and :greetings:

:welcome3:

Lol all of a sudden too many to post separately :blushing:

so welcome all

Did anyone search his laptop for leads? Im sure it was done i just havent seen it mentioned anywhere..just lack of cell phone activity. There's a lota mixed info going around. I still dont understand the 3 trips to the crash site and what he was even doing back there on Lake Hughes Rd. That is not a suburban area. Its on the complete other side of where the residential areas are and is secluded. I thought he told his mom he was pulling off in a suburban area to sleep. Does the time he last called mom coincide with the surveillance of him in Castaic? A lot of things are really hard to make sense of but Bryce and his loved ones are all in my thoughts. I hope he wants to be found and is found alive and well as soon as possible. xoxo

Respectfully snipped for space
Contrary to what the media has reported, I am very confident that the vehicle landed on the REAR when it rolled off of the small cliff above. I am very confident that the vehicle was in reverse (or at least rolling in reverse) when it went off the cliff, was very slightly airborne, and landed on the tailgate/ rear of the vehicle, before tipping over (coming to rest on the passenger side).

(In the accident debris, there is a LOT of red taillight lens, and NO amber lens debris. Passenger vehicles have no red lens plastic on the front, and little to no amber in the back. It is very clear that the REAR of the vehicle was smashed/ damaged upon landing. There is also no headlight lens debris. Also, the positions of the wheels as they say are marked "R/R" and F/R," which means "rear/ right" and "front/ right." From the positioning of these investigator- placed markings, there is no way that the vehicle could have come off of the upper area nose- first... it HAD to have come down travelling in reverse.)

Also: There is much evidence ABOVE the crash site, just off of the roadway above it, that a vehicle (very presumably Bryce's) had pulled off of the road (at this very odd, random, and remote location), and had pulled "too far" off into the brush. There are a number of "wheel ruts," where, recently (within a couple of weeks), somebody had spun their wheels a number of times trying to "get unstuck." However, the soil is very soft and dry right there, and it is relatively steep (approx. 30 degrees above horizontal). It appears that somebody tried quite earnestly to get out of there, but could not... reverse was the only way out.

(more to follow...)
Thank you very much. I had seen one picture of the crash site with the red lens and at that time, assumed the car had flipped while on the road. After finding out the car had come down hill, I wondered about backwards, but if the car hit backwards and the glass broke, the glass would not have had the same look as an emergency tool breakout, and a lot of the glass would have ended up IN the car. Were the original people looking at the car THAT clueless? However, going back to "where are the keys", Bryce could have come down the hill and if the back window had not been broken out (I've seen that happen),if Bryce had an emergency tool on his keyring and had his keys, he could have broken out the window and grabbed something from the bag in the back (whatever that was and for whatever reason).

Also Respectfully snipped for space
(continued...)

If Bryce were stuck in the dirt, after trying unsuccessfully to pull forward out of the dirt area, he may have simply grown frustrated, and tried rolling in reverse to get out. A person unfamiliar with that area would have NO idea that going in that direction would lead to the small (15- 20 foot) cliff, or that there was a roadway below. He may have even gotten frustrated enough to get out of the vehicle and "send it" rolling backwards... or.... he could have gotten out of the vehicle to try digging, surveying the situation, whatever, and the vehicle simply rolled away unexpectedly.
When we get stuck in the desert, you first try to "rock" back and forth to get out of the hole (go forward, then backward). If he accelerated backwards too much, I can see going backwards down the hill easily. But if you can't "rock" out, people do get out and push one direction to get out of the hole and if the vehicle does not go, you try pushing the other direction, so it also makes sense to me that someone might get out, leave the vehicle in neutral and try to push it backwards. Was the place where it looked like a vehicle was "stuck" anywhere near the cell tower? Because there is a metal safety rail all along there because of the drop of, except at the tower , if I am not mistaken.

Bottom line, if I had been having issues, trying to decide what to do, and after a bizarre journey pulled over to sleep and accidentally crashed my car as the icing on the whole cake, I could see just walking away figuring I was a total screw-up. In that state of mind, anything could have happened.

Again, many thanks Yellow Camaro.

Hard to find a good illustration of the depth (topo) of Lake Castaic but I did find this one that has the depth shading. Maybe it can shed a little light?

http://lakes.garmin.com/search/lake/2230?lake=&location=&state=CA&search_submitted=1&per_page=20

Thanks for posting. The lake is a lot bigger than I thought. I have believed from the beginning he is in the lake. I've posted this a few times but will post again in case new members missed it.

This is another body recovered case. Same Castaic Lake.
http://diver.net/bbs/posts001/56739.shtml

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did anyone search his laptop for leads? Im sure it was done i just havent seen it mentioned anywhere..just lack of cell phone activity. There's a lota mixed info going around. I still dont understand the 3 trips to the crash site and what he was even doing back there on Lake Hughes Rd. That is not a suburban area. Its on the complete other side of where the residential areas are and is secluded. I thought he told his mom he was pulling off in a suburban area to sleep. Does the time he last called mom coincide with the surveillance of him in Castaic? A lot of things are really hard to make sense of but Bryce and his loved ones are all in my thoughts. I hope he wants to be found and is found alive and well as soon as possible. xoxo

The cell phone & laptop has been turned over to mom by LE. There were only 2 trips (3 was a mis-report). Trips were at 2:09 & 4:20am. 2:08 was the phone call with mom where he said he had pulled off into a suburban area to sleep. Theories include that he drove past the lighted truck stop areas to look for a dark, quiet place to sleep. He may have met with foul play & it wasn't him driving on the 4:20 sighting. (Just theories)

:welcome:

Not sure I follow... Wasn't he walking south along the water & then west across the dam? Or do you mean Lake Hughes Rd?

I think that even without a head injury, going down the hill from the top of the cell tower backwards onto Main Ramp Rd, in the pitch dark of an area he had never been before, he probably was completely disoriented & had no idea what road he was on or where it went either direction. He likely headed down hill, remembering that he had travelled uphill from the freeway, only to find himself at the water. So he followed the water, then to the dam, and God help us figure out where from there...
I was talking in terms of his proximity to Lakes Hughes road compared to walking down Main Ramp road to the launch area and then across the dam. I can see with him being disorientated going that way. Guess I was thinking as someone who knows the area and knows what distance it is.

Is the cell tower where he went off at because thats a good 400 feet from there to Main Ramp road which to me is a long distance for his vehicle to go through all that brush? Im confused as to exactly where he went off Lakes Hughes and onto Main Ramp.

That doesnt really show it. That was taken on a windy day so the chop obscures it. Ive been out there fishing multiple times over the years and watching the depth finder you get a picture of how the lake goes. I guess its easier for someone that knows the lake and surrounding area, i.e. all the canyons in the mountains, to get a picture of what it looks like underneath. Im trying to find one of the fishing maps that are used.

sorry i wanted to add that also, I was leaning towards the "he went off the grid intentionally theory"...but then again, if he didnt want to be found why would he be checking in with his mom telling her he was on his way home, that he was on 1 5, ect. There's a million easier ways to disappear if that's what he wanted to do. He put everyone on the right track to finding him. He didn't even have to say he was going home to pull a stunt like this. I believe he actually intended to go home now...the rest is a mystery. I'm baffled.

Thanks for posting. The lake is a lot bigger than I thought. I have believed from the beginning he is in the lake. I've posted this a few times but will post again in case new members missed it.

This is another body recovered case. Same Castaic Lake.
http://diver.net/bbs/posts001/56739.shtml

I really wish Bryce's family would contact Gene and Pam Ralston. I posted this on find Bryce FB. They have YouTube videos as well. They work with Texas Equusearch searches as well as on their own free of charge except travel expenses. They are not too far in Idaho. I think Bryce's family have their minds set he's not in there which I believe he could be so therefore not open to more experienced lake searchers help.

http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member