Local BAR says JB may have to step down

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great photo. I choked on my sour-dough pretzel!

Anytime .... but plz be careful while eating =)

dancer.gif

Can the Bar really come out with such a statement in light of the GJ and in the middle of all this?! I find it difficult to believe they can trash one of their own so easily.

It is *not* The Florida Bar that made this statement (and the only one Baez should be concerned about). It was a local "bar association" which is a gathering of attorneys (for the stated purpose be it Orlando attorneys or Defense attorneys) who have opinions (we all have opinions). I wholeheartedly agree and I don't think he's qualified for a death-penalty case. But it was not The Florida Bar that made this statement.

Florida must have changed because I distinctly remember that Ted Bundy defended himself.

Yes, he fired his attorney and was allowed to defend himself. KC could defend herself the same as Bundy if the court allowed her to.

If it's true that there are certain requirements an attorney has to meet in order to try a capital murder case in Florida and, assuming the Grand Jury is going to indict on capital murder, I suppose they can do it. I don't know if it would be considered trashing one of their own. Baez was qualified to handle the financial and neglect, etc. charges. He may not be qualified for the new charges - that's not trashing, it's simple fact.

And I could be wrong, but I think the answer is just as simple as hiring on co-counsel who are qualified in death-penalty cases.

If this true could it be because of his jaw-dropping statement about it not being in Casey's best interest to reveal where Caylee is?

From the story I saw on Fox 35 tonight,

Must have 5 yrs exp, co counsel for two years, show proficiency and commitment in capital cases.

At the rate he's been going he'll be ready to be committed soon.

There's a song in all this mess, sung to Bye Bye Black Bird
Bye Bye Baez! :boohoo: (rest to follow)

This has been the craziest day since the 1st doc drop. Can't imagine the days to come. All because KC won't tell LE what she did with her baby.

I assumed and mentioned this a few times before...my confusion is the "may". Isn't it a given (for a capital case)?

I am totally confused, can JB represent her or not? Can the Bar stop him or is it just a recommedation?

Help!

I assumed and mentioned this a few times before...my confusion is the "may". Isn't it a given (for a capital case)?

Sorry to quote my own post, but I think I understand the "may" now. Duh. It's because they're not certain if it will be a capital case or not just yet. If so, buh-bye, Baez.

Hmmm...interesting terminology: "Concrete evidence". Isn't that what helped to put away Scott P?! LOL Maybe they should be looking for those random bags of cement and " homemade anchors".

That's what I was thinking, why doesn't someone bring her a bag of concrete mix???

That just doesn't make sense. Since when does the bar decide what cases an atty. handles. Some thing else it up.:waitasec:

Me thinks they feel there has been some impropriety between Baez and Casey.. which seems likely, IMO.

Yes, he has...but it wasn't a capital case. That is the difference.:)

You may be correct, but I cannot find any details other than he was charged with Murder and found guilty of manslaughter and child abuse. 15 Years for him.

Me thinks they feel there has been some impropriety between Baez and Casey.. which seems likely, IMO.

I must say, nothing would surprise me about Casey...but this is standard procedure. There simply are requirements for lead and co-counsel in capital cases.

You may be correct, but I cannot find any details other than he was charged with Murder and found guilty of manslaughter and child abuse. 15 Years for him.

He was charged with second degree murder. I will try to find a link, found one once before. Hang on.:)

"Nilton Diaz was charged with second-degree murder for the death of Noeris Vasquez."

More at link: http://tinyurl.com/3nzavg

ETA: Here is a link stating that Baez did represent him (to show it's the right person).
http://www.wesh.com/news/17030505/detail.html

Yeah, I thought I saw second-degree somewhere. This case has taken over the media so much it is hard to find anything on that old case!

I fear this case will go in the same direction. At least in that case they had a body. :( I hope they at least find it before the trial is over so they can submitt the evidence in time!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoRose
Back