AL - Karen Shahan, 53, murdered, Homewood, 23 July 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wow, if I knew how to do it, I'd post this in BREAKING NEWS. wow. So sorry for you Karen.

O. M. G. never underestimate a preacher. I have been duped by a couple.

Not that they are all bad!

jmo

I guess the early innuendos about a boyfriend proved prescient. $100,000 bond seems low for 1st degree murder. Was the $27,000 he had on him sourced from contributions to his mission trip? if so, those people need their $ back.

The bond seems low to me also. I would think the judge would consider him a suicide risk and keep him locked up so he can be tried in court.

I think the people who donated $ should get their money back but I don't think they will. The money is evidence and from the little I know, church members cannot get their money/tithes back once given.

RS was going on a mission alright! RS should have embraced who he is and not dragged a woman into his mess so he could fit in with his church. MOO

How terrible! Why didn't he just GO? Start his new life and leave the old behind? This doesn't make any sense whatsoever!

My heart goes out to Karen's loved ones and the community. :rose:

So Karen bears and raises their two children, rides out all the ups and downs of marriage, goes through a bankruptcy with him, supports his church activities, makes costumes, cares for him when he is hurt in an accident and unable to work, helps care for his mum … so he could take their money (and donations, presumably), allegedly murder her, leave the country, and marry his boyfriend.

Would he have had to leave the Baptist Church too, to do that?

Well, he would he would not be able to be a pastor. Or missionary. I suppose it would be up to the individual church as to whether they would let him be a member. My guess. I , as a Baptist, could be wrong.

So Karen bears and raises their two children, rides out all the ups and downs of marriage, goes through a bankruptcy with him, supports his church activities, makes costumes, cares for him when he is hurt in an accident and unable to work, helps care for his mum … so he could take their money (and donations, presumably), allegedly murder her, leave the country, and marry his boyfriend.

Would he have had to leave the Baptist Church too, to do that?

In my opinion, doing all that means he left the Baptist Church of his own accord.

So, these allegations now prove that he did it? And he is no longer just accused but now automatically guilty?

I agree it looks that way. I'm bothered though by the jumping to conclusions and apparent giddiness of some to the news. And the title of the "Breaking News" post. It's a sad story, if true. And it makes my stomach hurt.

And no, he would not have to leave the SBC church if he is a homosexual. At least most, remember SBC churches are autonomous so I guess it is a possibility he could be asked to leave that church. He probably would not be able to hold a position of leadership and I'm 99.99% certain the BMI would not support him. Again, I do not want to speak in absolutes because of the autonomy.

The South Baptist Convention recently voted to not approve homosexuality. I don't know if individual churches go against this because I am independent Baptist.

Thank you txsvicki!

Let's not break our rule about debating religion. Each church may have their own set of rules and it's not worth hurting WS friendships arguing about it.

If someone finds this particular church's doctrine on the matter, go ahead and discuss. But lumping all Baptist churches into one isn't going to fly.

:tyou:

This whole situation is like a soap opera but so sad because an innocent person is dead and a family shattered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back