GUILTY LA - Kaitlin Aydell, 13, French Settlement, 1 Feb 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We have a poster on WS by the name of civilatty, from New Orleans. She would be a good source of help if we could hear from her, being familiar with the laws there.

Concerned,

We do need an attorney to explain that to us. Both of those cases would qualify as first degree murders in my layman mind.

Opie,

Maybe someone knows how to reach civilatty and can get her to help us out with this question.

don't tell me it's some kind of crap like "he didn't mean to-- or plan on murdering her,, it was an accident".....!!!?

reb said:
can someone please help me understand.. what makes a grown man want to grab a young, innocent little girl and kill her? (or rape and kill her)..? i don't understand this phenomenon. i mean raping and killing a grown woman is bad enough, and i don't really understand that either. but taking a small defenseless little thing.......... i don't get it........?????
is the thrill really that incredible and irresistable that it's worth throwing away your life for it?
This may not be the one and only thing that might make one do such a thing, but in my opinion, I feel it is the seed that makes one do things that one might not other wise do. but I feel that the exposure to child *advertiser censored* would certainly be at the center of it, since the invention of the internet and all that one is exposed to is unbelievable. seems as if though our young defensless children are becoming victims of sexual crimes everyday, even at the hands of people nearest them. a child is more likely to be assulted by someone in their own family or group of family friends then they are with a complete stranger in this day and time. this country is at war on other ground, and right here in our own backyard the innocent children which will be our future our being slain for the most sickest reasons. when will all this stop? how many more young boys and girls will have to fall before something can be done? it is kinda like an invisable war, we don't even see it coming until it happens, then it is too late. if a child is raised up in a unstable enviroment and being exposed to drugs and family violance, and sexual images either in magazines or on the internet, then the seed is certainly planted for a future child molester. I think lots of minds are being lost at an early age. nearly all of convicted violent sex offenders at some point in their childhood was sexually abused at the hands of a father or other family member.

Well, I tried sending a PM to civilatty, but her mailbox is full. She last posted on WS in November. Perhaps there is another atty out there willing to help us?

SewingDeb said:
I can't answer that reb. I just don't understand it.

Why is he being charged with 2nd degree murder rather than 1st degree? Anyone know?

I want an answer to that too. It is obvious that this guy was waiting for this little girl to come home from school. He raped her and strangled her or smothered her....why not lst degree murder? What else would he have to had done to her to qualify for lst degree for pity sake? This sure sounds like premeditation to me.

I know that this thread is very old.... 7 years old to be exact. I know all too well because we will be holding our 7th Candlelight vigil for Kaitlin on Feb.1.
Kaitilin was my neice ( not by blood... by heart) I babysat Kaitlin from the time she was 18 months old until she started attending pre-school. KK and my son were like brother and sister with each of them being only children. I can tell you that time has not healed all wounds and that what this monster has done lives on with us forever.
The reason I am posting this is that I stumbled upon this thread today, not even knowing that we had a thread on here for Kaitlin. The reason for the 2nd Degree Murder Charge was that in this state there are 5 criteria for 1st Degree Murder... Had KK been 12 it would have automatically been 1st Degree. The prosecutor knew she had a conviction on 2nd Degree that would get him LWOP which in La. truly is LWOP, so rather than risk him going free she went for the sure thing. At first I was upset... I wanted him to die... I wanted him to be scared and suffer as KK surely did... then I realized that he will have to spend everyday for the rest of his miserable life behind bars in a little room in Angola prison , and everyday he will open his eyes and know why he is there and that he will never leave there until they carry him out in a pinebox....btw... he has since been convicted of another murder that he committed years before Kaitlins...he confessed to it, but not Kaitlins... he will not give her mother the satisfaction... here is a link to the other murder charges....

http://www.livingstonparishnews.com/breaking_news/article_e28e354a-bf69-5864-9a3c-20df90ac85f2.html

I know that this thread is very old.... 7 years old to be exact. I know all too well because we will be holding our 7th Candlelight vigil for Kaitlin on Feb.1.
Kaitilin was my neice ( not by blood... by heart) I babysat Kaitlin from the time she was 18 months old until she started attending pre-school. KK and my son were like brother and sister with each of them being only children. I can tell you that time has not healed all wounds and that what this monster has done lives on with us forever.
The reason I am posting this is that I stumbled upon this thread today, not even knowing that we had a thread on here for Kaitlin. The reason for the 2nd Degree Murder Charge was that in this state there are 5 criteria for 1st Degree Murder... Had KK been 12 it would have automatically been 1st Degree. The prosecutor knew she had a conviction on 2nd Degree that would get him LWOP which in La. truly is LWOP, so rather than risk him going free she went for the sure thing. At first I was upset... I wanted him to die... I wanted him to be scared and suffer as KK surely did... then I realized that he will have to spend everyday for the rest of his miserable life behind bars in a little room in Angola prison , and everyday he will open his eyes and know why he is there and that he will never leave there until they carry him out in a pinebox....btw... he has since been convicted of another murder that he committed years before Kaitlins...he confessed to it, but not Kaitlins... he will not give her mother the satisfaction... here is a link to the other murder charges....

http://www.livingstonparishnews.com/breaking_news/article_e28e354a-bf69-5864-9a3c-20df90ac85f2.html

Thank you for posting and bumping this thread, as I was not familiar with this case.

Cubbeegirl, I am so sorry for your and your son's loss. I feel for the kids who were close to Kaitlin. When I was 15, a good friend I had grown up with (we were both only children as well & were probably the closest things either of us would ever have to a sister) died in a car accident. Losing someone close to you when you are young- particularly when that person isn't elderly or much older - colors the way you look at life forever. As time goes on, you may not grieve the way you once did, but you never truly get over it. All you can do is try to live your life the best you can to honor your friend/loved one who didn't get the chance to live his or her life.

I wonder if this monster is responsible for any of the unsolved murders/abductions of women in the Baton Rouge area & surroundings that many attribute to Derrick Todd Lee but have never been positively tied to him (examples: Connie Warner, Eleanor Parker, Mari Ann Fowler, etc). Since he shot Janet Parked Benoit, I also wonder about him in the death of Kassie Lyn Federer in 1999 near LSU. She was found shot to death in her apartment near campus. Here is her thread:
LA LA - Unsolved Murder of LSU student Kassie Lynn Federer, 19, Baton Rouge, 1999 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sending love and light to you and all who love Kaitlin.

Thank you for posting and bumping this thread, as I was not familiar with this case.

Cubbeegirl, I am so sorry for your and your son's loss. I feel for the kids who were close to Kaitlin. When I was 15, a good friend I had grown up with (we were both only children as well & were probably the closest things either of us would ever have to a sister) died in a car accident. Losing someone close to you when you are young- particularly when that person isn't elderly or much older - colors the way you look at life forever. As time goes on, you may not grieve the way you once did, but you never truly get over it. All you can do is try to live your life the best you can to honor your friend/loved one who didn't get the chance to live his or her life.

I wonder if this monster is responsible for any of the unsolved murders/abductions of women in the Baton Rouge area & surroundings that many attribute to Derrick Todd Lee but have never been positively tied to him (examples: Connie Warner, Eleanor Parker, Mari Ann Fowler, etc). Since he shot Janet Parked Benoit, I also wonder about him in the death of Kassie Lyn Federer in 1999 near LSU. She was found shot to death in her apartment near campus. Here is her thread:
LA LA - Unsolved Murder of LSU student Kassie Lynn Federer, 19, Baton Rouge, 1999 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sending love and light to you and all who love Kaitlin.

Thank you for your kind thoughts...I am sorry for your loss as well. I do remember the case of Kassie Federer ! So much sickness and sadness in the world!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lolo0123
Back