GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What must be going on in his head. I think he wants to tell the truth.

That was my initial thought, too. Also, being a mother and a grandmother of boys, my heart jumped a bit when I saw the picture of a young Steven sweetly holding that puppy. He also seems to have an appreciation for beauty. What twisted
him so much that his life is ruined at age 24!

That was my initial thought, too. Also, being a mother and a grandmother of boys, my heart jumped a bit when I saw the picture of a young Steven sweetly holding that puppy. He also seems to have an appreciation for beauty. What twisted

pretty sure that's the reaction he wanted you to have.

He ruined his life, ended Charli's life, and wreaked havoc on the lives of Charli's family and friends. It's hard to understand how someone who clearly loves animals and the beauty of nature could do something so despicably cruel to the beautiful young woman who was carrying his child. The painting of the jawless skull almost strikes me as a confession - or a hint of one.

pretty sure that's the reaction he wanted you to have.

Children are innocents. He is no longer that child, but he once was. That's what I was responding to.
And, most likely you're right in that that's the reaction he wants us to have.

So her jawbone and clothing was found how long after she went missing? It was only a week, right?

***Warning graphic here***
Why do you think whoever did it (Innocent until proven guilty, afterall) put her clothing and jaw bone there? They didn't find her whole body, and it's not like there's some non-human predator that could slash off her bra and take her whole body except for a jaw bone, so why would someone leave evidence like that? Unless it was just to taunt the family, which would be plausible for someone who also threatened a sixteen year old family member. I'm guessing that that may be the reason they have charged him with the "in an especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel manner, manifesting exceptional depravity."

***MORE GRAPHIC WARNINGS***

In February in Hawaii it's usually about 78-80 degrees and very humid, that could speed up decomposition to the point where he could have just pulled it off. She could have been shot in the face like earlier speculation and that would explain why they originally said "Bone fragment." But that would be difficult to identify based on dentals like they said they had.

We only have his word that he told Charli that his vehicle was broken down or stuck on Hana Hwy. Nobody else has come forward to say that s/he saw his vehicle disabled along the side of the road or gave him a ride back to Haiku, etc. We do not know if that is really what he told Charli. But he admitted to being with Charli the last night that she was seen alive, by one of her sisters, at around 8 PM, if memory serves. That alone is very incriminating. And the sister said that she was exhausted. She had to work early the next morning. Would she have agreed to go for an hour long drive and then drive back home alone in the dark along winding Hana Hwy? Clearly, MPD has more evidence than they have made public and are playing their cards very close to their chests at the present time.
This is true. For all anyone knows, Charli did not agree to go anywhere with SC, and by his hand she was unconscious or deceased before reaching the location SC said the truck was broken down at. If her vehicle was burned, any forensic evidence might have been destroyed (as in blood or tissue). He might have just said that he told her that to explain phone pings (if he thought that far ahead) or in case someone saw her car going that way.

"I googled "manifesting exceptional depravity".... ..... ... what the hell did he do to her? And the specific dates of 2/9 - 2/13 ??"

MOO. I believe the dates refer to the timeframe in which Charli was killed, interred, dug-up and disposed. MOO
I don't think I want to know what "manifesting exceptional depravity" means if it goes beyond what I just wrote.
When they say "manifesting exceptional depravity", I think back to the "slashed" bra, as it was described at one point. If, as some of these articles indicate, the clothing was maggot infested, maggots don't usually feed on plain clothing. There had to be something on that clothing. Then there is the found jawbone as indicated by the "person close to the case". In my mind, I connect the jawbone (being possibly broken) with the clothing that most likely had some tissue or blood on them with the "slashed" bra, I get not just a death, but a violent death, perpetrated by an angry individual.

I also would think they might include those dates for a couple of reasons, one being that Charli's mom had said that her cell phone was still on several days after she had been missing (this may or may not be accurate), another being that the items found might indicate that Charli could have been thrown in that location and lain there not quite deceased for an amount of time, and one other most likely reason because the clothing and other items found were found on the 13th, so Charli obviously could not have been alive after that time.

So they got him on a murder charge. And the jawbone would indicate that Charli is deceased. He played his games, he took his gambles and he got caught for it all. He really thought he was slick, thinking they would not catch him, that he could get away with the murder of Charli and Joshua.

I'm so glad that isn't so. That justice will come to Steven for Charli and Joshua. This case has saddened me from the first day I picked it up. A beautiful, young, vibrant woman, so looking forward to the birth of her baby boy disappearing the way she did and under the circumstances she did. I had hoped for the best early on, but knew within that first week this was the outcome.

At least the arrested the culprit.

The area was searched. It was not until they went back that these items were found. Where was she in the meantime?

****GRAPHIC WARNING******
As horrible as it seems, Steven could have cut up Charli's body and disposed of it in pieces. The jawbone could have simply been overlooked in his haste. The area was full of dense brush and vegetation. Since Charli's dog was dropped off miles away, who's to say that Steven didn't drop off other "items" throughout the area. For the family's sake, I truly hope that is not what happened but it would explain the maggots, the slash marks and the jaw. Maybe LE knows where she was killed. Maybe Steven will finally tell LE where Charli is so her family can put her and the baby to rest. Much of this information will probably come out at the trial.

Where is she now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How thorough were the ground and underwater searches at and near the location(s) where her clothes and jawbone were found? And where is her cell phone? The simple answer is that she is there, near or in Honomanu or Nua`ailua Bays. But I'm not sure that the answer is simple.

We don't know if she was attacked where jawbone was or it was put later. Hope LE know by how the scene was.

How thorough were the ground and underwater searches at and near the location(s) where her clothes and jawbone were found? And where is her cell phone? The simple answer is that she is there, near or in Honomanu or Nua`ailua Bays. But I'm not sure that the answer is simple.

The answer probably isn't simple but those are very good questions. Even though the terrain was difficult, there were many people out looking for Charli that first week. I've wondered about her cell phone from the beginning.

She might not left Haiku. SC went with her family 2/11 to area clothes found 2/13. He might put evidence later to match story he told.

We don't know if she was attacked where jawbone was or it was put later. Hope LE know by how the scene was.

Exactly. But it seems extremely odd to me that the clothes and jawbone were left in plain sight at a location that does not corroborate SC's already ridiculously weak alibi. He said he lost sight of her @ Twin Falls, so does he want us to believe that someone apprehended her, took her back to Honomanu and killed her there? And how would that mysterious other person escape the wrath of Charli's pit-bull mix dog, Nala, who was found without a scratch in Nahiku, even farther back toward Hana? From day one, the placement of evidence has made zero sense to me. It's just bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme