GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was trying to post about but I had the date wrong. I was confusing it with another case here that I found a 630 am picture posted as odd. But it was Saturday night then? And Jeffrey Stone park is near AL/CL residence correct?

Jeffrey Stone is not particularly close to where AL/CL lived. It's about a 20 minute drive.

I would not be surprised to find Beverly was killed on Sunday night or early Monday morning when AL started freaking out and driving recklessly etc after realizing he just murdered someone. That would fall into his statement "I havent seen her for 2 days."

On the charge for Capital Murder it says the act was committed "On our about September 25 through September 26." I wonder if that means they think she was killed then?

On the charge for Capital Murder it says the act was committed "On our about September 25 through September 26." I wonder if that means they think she was killed then?

IDK. We know the motive now and know she was alive for a period of time. The next piece I really would like to know is the estimated TOD.

I don't think they held Beverly at the house either, but I could be wrong.
Savvy, remember the day you went by the burial place and took pics? I remember you saying the building/office, located there at the front of the property, had the door left open? If that's a vacant office they could've held her there close to the burial site? Thinking....
ETA: Another reason I don't think she was held at the house...Didnt AL call the cops Friday night after the toilet paper incident?

I agree, I don't think she was ever in their house. Too many nosy neighbors that saw comings and goings there. I always felt the cheer connection was far fetched as well. But who knows. This shows that AL was even more dumb than I thought, to think he had any chance in hell of getting away with this. I wonder how much ransom he thought he could get?

That's what I was trying to post about but I had the date wrong. I was confusing it with another case here that I found a 630 am picture posted as odd. But it was Saturday night then? And Jeffrey Stone park is near AL/CL residence correct?

Yes that Saturday night he posted that picture and was chatting with girls on POF..Could be CL was holding BC at Jeffrey Stone(we always called it blue hole) instead of being with ex-BF..BC tried to escape, CL killed her maybe by shooting her.. Jeffrey Stone is private property that is marked Do Not Tresspass altho people still go there to cliff dive....they used to have security there to run off folks.. Jeffrey Stone is not very close to CL/AL's house --where he wrecked he could have been cutting thru the back roads to get there...Maybe CL had just killed BC and AL was racing back there that Sunday morning..

They supposedly met her at 5:30 p.m. on the 25th. The texts came through to husband at 1:00 a.m. on the 26th (although the texts could have been sent earlier and they were out of range and whenever they got in range the texts all went through at once). So the 26th gave them 24 hours. It could be that while they had her bound she fell and hit her head and died, or he had the gun to her and it fired, even if he wasn't ready to kill her. What I mean is he's trying to make it out like it was an accident, which could just be his stupidity. It doesn't matter if he "accidentally" shot her while holding a gun on her or shot her on purpose, it's still murder as it occurred during a felony kidnapping. But then he said his co-defendant was Trevor not CL. I think that LE thinks she was killed during the dark hours overnight of the 26th or before that late on the 25th. But that's just a guess. I do think by the Sunday they were following him she was already dead. I think forensics can give LE a rough idea when they found her early Tuesday morning just after midnight. It could show she'd been deceased for estimated so many hours.

Since my only reference for kidnapping for ransom in the movies.... Telling the family "if you notify authorities you'll never see them again" seems to be standard operating procedure. I'm thinking BCs husband possibly notified authorities before they made the ransom demand causing them to panic.... Thus the 1:00 am texts to husband from beverly's phone. Or they were sending those messages to prevent him from calling police while they figured out how to ask for /arrange the ransom demand. When was it that Beverlys disappearance was first released to the public?

IDK but it hit national news fairly quickly and people were posting on FH about cars seen at the house before he was arrested. Ive often wondered it it hit fast locally, perps were reading about the tips and she became a hot potato.

I think it's possible that he mentioned "Trevor" because he was trying to save Crystal...ya know send the police in a different direction. Just a thought....

It was. Wonder if she had to dress quickly when they came to arrest her. Some speculated earlier they made her turn it inside out to cover whatever writing was on the front but that seems odd.
I thought she also appeared to be bra-less.

What does surprise me is AL confessing to kidnapping but not murder.Then he says he had a co dependant that did it. Makes me wonder if that slipped out so he just grabbed a name when cornered about it and named T. It leaves one wondering which one did the actual murder.Not that we may ever know or that it even matters. They are both going down.

One theory I have bounced back in forth throughout all of this is that she was held Alive for a couple of days. With all the coverage I felt that he/she panicked. Without a doubt she would be able to identify then and LE wouldn't have been satisfied with Beverly being returned. There would be a thorough investigation and they would get caught. I think in his/her mind it became almost easier to kill her. They at least had a "chance" then.

One has to wonder if CL didn't actually finish the job off when AL wA at the hospital/missing. I lean more towards him coming back and committing the murder himself after the wreck/hospital/scenario.

As far as the cause of death that was posted earlier..that is the 3rd cause of death I have heard: the other 2 I was told came from people that should "know" but yet were completely different. Don't put much stock in other peoples input. Unless it comes directly from the Carter famiky or LE. I take it with a grain of salt.

I am really surprised we got this much info today. They both are going to court on Monday so I believe even more will surface. At least we got info that makes this case start to make sense.

Channel 4 News has released some of the court documents that indicate that AL and CL kidnapped and held BC for ransom.

http://www2.arkansasmatters.com/med...er_Kidnapping_Murder_Case_Court_Documents.pdf

Said defendant(s) on or about Sept 25, 2014, In Pulaski county , arkansas either acting alone or with another person (s) ...

That wording leaves us open to another arrest possible. Just saying..:
They had to file these formal charges in a timely manner but did not exclude that someone else may have been involved.

Just random thinking here..
Not sure of CL's daughter's age but do you guys think she could be pulled into the trial for questioning or as a witness for her mom? Lawdy, I hope not! Poor kid!

Just random thinking here..
Not sure of CL's daughter's age but do you guys think she could be pulled into the trial for questioning or as a witness for her mom? Lawdy, I hope not! Poor kid!

She has not been questioned by the police....nor have the police asked to question her. They would have to issue a suponea because her father WILL NOT allow her to be interviewed by police, attorneys, anyone...much less get on the whitness stand for the prosecution or the defence unless compelled by law. He won't violate the law...but he's not going to voluntarily give consent for her to participate in the case in any way.

Well we now know that Beverly Carter was bound with duct take and being Held against her will for ransom. That tells me she was kept alive for at least a period of time and being held at some location. I think it was at their house and thats why her phone was on CL dresser on her dirty underwear. Probably she was being held in that room. jmo

And then... What if those weren't CL's underwear under Beverly's phone? The implication boggles the mind.

The murderous couple

Attachments

• Lowery.jpg
    Lowery.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 173
Trying to still figure out a motive and we know this was premeditated. We know they took her phone. Assuming it was an iphone which arent cheap. Has anyone even heard any rumors if her wedding ring or any jewelry was taken? Its just hard to believe robbery was the motive but its the only thing we have heard close enough to go on. And for what? An iphone? It seems so senseless but people do stupid things. I had a cousin murdered years ago. It was a for hire and the payoff was each of the 2 guys got a motorcycle.

Perhaps they thought they could access her banking info, credit cards, etc via her iPhone. Seems stupid, but neither perp has appeared to be the brightest bulb on the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member