Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/15 thru 1/20 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we may not even realize it. Research has shown attractive tend to have an easier time in life in general. They are hired got jobs more, they're perceived better, they have an easier time in the work. We are not shallow, I think. It's biological. If you look at the cases that have really blown up, it almost always involves categorically attractive killers. Almost. There are sometimes other factors involved like the political aspects attached.

Even Travis' friends said yeah, she was a little creepy but we just let it go because she was hot. Would Jodi have been able to get away with as much if she wasn't pretty? Sociopaths tend to deduce early on when they are attractive and when they can use those looks to their advantage. It just becomes another tool. Even they know looks matter.

Now I'm off on a thing lol.

I don't understand where the media came up with this "attractive Jodi" characterization. To me, she doesn't seem as though she'd be attractive to anyone except a person (generally a man) who likes the "come hither" aspects of how she carries herself. I, for one, don't think she's physically attractive at all. It's all makeup and bleach bottle.... IMO.

Discussions about religion are not permitted here, right along side of politics. Let's not get into a discussion on either subject and stay on topic.

Thanks, Lambchop

Now that the defense teams motions have been shot down and the all the reasons given why, do we think they will act any different when the trial resumes on Tuesday or will they continue on the same path of numerous objections, asking for sidebars and accusations?
The biggest question will JA take the stand?

Presented for entertainment purposes only. Not forged!

U.S. Supreme Court

January 1, 2020

Dear Honorable Judge Ruthless,

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I got your name from a nice girl in the Maricopa county jail. I would like to appeal my death conviction. I do not have an attorney or the stationary to write it all out. Please consider this letter to be an appeal on all the motions that were wrongly decided contemporaneously against me during my long trial.

Sincerely,

Jodi Arias

P.S. Please excuse my stationary. I am regretful that I have to write this on toilet paper with a crayon but I can explain that. Some ugly, dumb, female guard had the nerve to say I stabbed through her hand with my golf pencil when she was collecting my tray. She is the same one that said I was doing something despicable with my stationary. I have no idea why she lied about me as I have always been nice to her, despite what she has said many times over the years to the contrary.

P.P.S. Would you like to be my Penpal? Nobody from the past writes me anymore. I promise I will write everyday, sometimes twice! While I cannot send you photos I can tell you where to find some that I am sure you will love!

P.P.S. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, your proper name. I hope you do not mind addressing you that way. It sound so much better than the shortened version. Besides, the shortened version make you sound like a woman!

Gosh the human mind is sometimes hard to follow & understand and has made me curious since a teen. This woman is so so evil. Not that I fear her though, but anyone around her, heck yeah. Face it, most criminals are dumb, did too many drugs, raised poorly, beaten down etc... for sure. Jodi comes with many documented actions! Nothing sounds normal or true with her defense, to me. What's the chance JA wouldn't plot and scheme for so long again in prison, as she did with Travis, to not kill someone again. It just might take longer.

She plotted murdering Travis a long time before. Way more than a minute. Could be the next guard or whomever. jmo

She will kill again, unless she is executed or murdered first.

She has nothing to lose and positively oozes hate. It's palpable. We've all seen it.

The paid-to-be-blind mercenary 'experts' overlook it for financial reasons.

William Zervakos? Hey, Valentine's Day is around the corner.

Undies_zps3f99797b.jpg

But I digress.

There are narcissists and there are murderous egomaniacs.

JA is in a deviant class of her own.

It would be so much more convenient if cuckoo-cray-cray types only realized they were cray-cray and would just stop or shut up. But do they ever? Never seen one that said "Yeah, I'm kinda crazy & I think I'll just sit here and stop doing what I'm doing because no one appreciates a crazy person and it's not really helping me."

My new favorite post! Laughing myself silly

She has nothing to lose and positively oozes hate. It's palpable. We've all seen it.

The paid-to-be-blind mercenary 'experts' overlook it for financial reasons.

William Zervakos? Hey, Valentine's Day is around the corner.

View attachment 67713

But I digress.

There are narcissists and there are murderous egomaniacs.

BBM

ITA - it's closest to why I've been so wrapped up in this case.

When she says the murder was "out of character", nothing could be further from the truth. Whatever Travis did or didn't do, his murder is ultimately the product of who she is - precisely in character. And that's why she'd kill again. She as much as said so herself in the Ryan Owens interview: "If you're not abusing me and attacking me and threatening to kill my life, there's no reason to fear". But there is, because in Arias' World just about anything could be perceived as "abuse" or an "attack" or "threat".

It's that law of attraction at work I guess. She should have called the cops and confessed instead of trying to record an alibi message on TA's voicemail.

She even admitted she was "trying to cover her tracks" starting at Hoover Dam (I believe). That alone, shows lack of remorse. JMO

BBM

ITA - it's closest to why I've been so wrapped up in this case.

When she says the murder was "out of character", nothing could be further from the truth. Whatever Travis did or didn't do, his murder is ultimately the product of who she is - precisely in character. And that's why she'd kill again. She as much as said so herself in the Ryan Owens interview: "If you're not abusing me and attacking me and threatening to kill my life, there's no reason to fear". But there is, because in Arias' World just about anything could be perceived as "abuse" or an "attack" or "threat".

Bianca, Clancy, Lisa, Mimi, et al must thank God every day that JA was arrested just as she was loading up for the next murder spree.

I wonder if she's decided whom she'll kill next -- inmate, guard, some other corrections employee, legal or medical professional...

Again, what does she have to lose other than an indeterminate bid for parole?

This is exactly what I'm talking about (hey MeeBee)!

Let's look at some facts. Arias has been in jail for over 6.5 years. Who has she killed since going to jail? She's in a "deviant class of her own?" Not even close. She's considered by experts very run of the mill, not even close to the halfway point on Dr. Michael Stone's scale of evil, which has previously been discussed on the Arias threads. He's an expert forensic psychiatrist, considered among the best in the field. The man knows what he's talking about because that's all he studies. Dahmer was at the top of the scale (scoring 22 out of 22). Arias (at a level 9) was actually rated one notch below Susan Smith.

I believe had that gun not jammed or whatever really happened and had TA been killed with one or two gunshots, there probably wouldn't be nearly the hysteria and hyperbole about this killer.

Arias has been elevated (mostly by other women) into something far more than what she actually is. Something about female killers and particularly this female killer has inspired a level of paranoia, despite the actual facts.

I don't understand where the media came up with this "attractive Jodi" characterization. To me, she doesn't seem as though she'd be attractive to anyone except a person (generally a man) who likes the "come hither" aspects of how she carries herself. I, for one, don't think she's physically attractive at all. It's all makeup and bleach bottle.... IMO.

I don't think it's just the media. Subjectively speaking, she is pretty and because of her curvy frame was found by Travis' friends to be hot, like I said. I don't have a problem admitting when a killer is attractive because it changes nothing for me, though I asked my husband and he really doesn't see it. But in her younger blonder years, I get it. It's a shame too. Such a freakin waste.

Let's look at some facts. Arias has been in jail for over 6.5 years. Who has she killed since going to jail? She's in a "deviant class of her own?" Not even close. She's considered by experts very run of the mill, not even close to the halfway point on Dr. Michael Stone's scale of evil, which has previously been discussed on the Arias threads. He's an expert forensic psychiatrist, considered among the best in the field. The man knows what he's talking about because that's all he studies. Dahmer was at the top of the scale (scoring 22 out of 22). Arias (at a level 9) was actually rated one notch below Susan Smith.

I believe had that gun not jammed or whatever really happened and had TA been killed with one or two gunshots, there probably wouldn't be nearly the hysteria and hyperbole about this killer.

Arias has been elevated (mostly by other women) into something far more than what she actually is. Something about female killers and particularly this female killer has inspired a level of paranoia, despite the actual facts.

1. Hi Madeleine

2. That scale doesn't sound particularly scientific. Scale of evil? Ok then.

3. Again, I think you'll find that level of hyperbole circling around every killer. Going back to Pistorius, there was a lot of he's an evil, selfish, psychopathic, abusive crazed killer man despite nothing to support it. It was mostly perception. Even psychologists found NONE of the markers of someone with the propensity to kill. This attitude is not exclusive to Arias. What Jodi is is a sociopath who has demonstrated her ability to kill without remorse. I think she's deserving of the paranoia. Do you really think she should walk the streets again? She's shown once she can do it and pretty effectively.

4. I'm pretty sure Truth Detector is a man.

If you haven't heard it, Tricia did a three hour interview with Chris Hughes during the trial. He discussed so many topics regarding Jodi Arias and Travis.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

Some folks are asking what will happen if Juan cannot cross examine Jodi.
It may relieve your concerns to know that how Dr. De Marte testifies this time will be quite a bit more expansive than last. She can opine on ANYTHING that she reviewed. She interviewed more people than just Travis' brother. She has been given much to review by Juan. There is always a way to go around the back if you can't get in the front. I trust that she will be able to debunk every word that Jodi claimed in front of this jury.

Also, Juan can put back up Steve Flores to rebut anything she said. He can testify to any prior testimony of others, what Jodi's said in her interrogation or her prior testimony that differs from what she said this time/

Juan Martinez isn't handicapped, even remotely with the will she take the stand question. He has been doing this for a long time. It would take something FAR more clever that Jodi/Jen/Nurmi trying to pull a fast one to derail his case.

His computer expert will complete what the jury already knows the *advertiser censored* drama turns out to be much ado about nothing.

In the absence of child *advertiser censored*, and the jury having been given NO PROOF Jodi was ever abused by Travis those matters will quickly be set to the side.

Although it stirred up a heated discussion here, that I regret, everyone agreed on one point. Whatever tools we were raised with or how the times have changed is irrelevant. We all concur that Jodi Arias VERY LIKELY was never physically abused by her parents.

As far as a mitigating circumstance being that she was emotionally abused/neglected by her folks ......
that falls flat too.

Even considering the horrible things Travis and his siblings went through, what does the jury see in them each day as Travis' brothers and sisters are in the courtroom? Lovely, elegant, educated, successful people, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers, grandparents even, DESPITE EVERYTHING outside of what this murder has done to them.....they are amazing.

Jodi being jealous that younger children got attention doesn't even come close to what Travis went through, so no one on the jury is going to buy that she suffers any PTSD from HER childhood.

We learned from juror number three that one thing that was missing when she testified was even the slightest hint of remorse! THAT IS EVERYTHING.

So remain calm friends. Juan has got this.
In the end I don't think she will get the dp, and even if she did the chance of her actually being executed, imo is zero.I KNOW she will never walk free again. Jodi Arias will die in prison. I am certain of that. What day she is put down is not important to me. I want her to have the conditions of lockdown 23 hours a day on death row. I have come to understand that very likely will not be the case. I have come to understand that is important to encourage folks to do good things that would be something Travis would be proud of. THAT is honoring his life. What has always mattered to me is that her vile lies about Travis being a pedophile do not stand. They have been, thanks to Juan Martinez, thoroughly debunked and I feel a peace about that. She will try to have her story told through her friends who will continue websites and twitter accounts, etc. but the general public will move on to the next story sooner than Jodi Arias realizes. Think of it.....does anyone even talk about Casey Anthony or Susan Smith or Diane Downs or Scott Peterson, etc?

Jodi Arias' 15 minutes are about up. Travis will be remembered through his friends and family doing charity work in his honor. He will be remembered quite fondly indeed, both privately and publicly. I am thankful to God about that.

In loving memory, here is his memorial video. http://youtu.be/Q07NxRGYfSg

Even if you just turn it on in the background while you are working, I hope you do get a chance to listen to Chris' long interview.
At the end Tricia asks him, if Travis were here today what would he say to everyone and Chris gets emotional.
He says the most beautiful things.
It will lift you up this afternoon.
I promise.
Btm8unmCcAQfvyR.jpg Tanisha.jpgtwam t.jpg

If you have a sibling you haven't spoken to in awhile, give them a call. You'll be so glad you did.

Just saw these. I like the one where the judge tells the defense Laviolette is just digging herself deeper by volunteering information. And I'm still dying to know what happened in those chambers when she got in trouble. I suppose we will never know.

Me thinks ALV babbling on and on. As JSS said, if she cannot answer yes or no, than she should just say that.

Secondly, I think she lied on the stand. I'm pretty sure a time long ago, where Juan caught her in a lie?

I was just reading the transcripts of JA's parents police interview. I thought I had heard them in their entirety, but I totally missed Bill Arias talking about a gun that was stolen years ago. (not related to this murder)
But the last sentence which I have bolded, has me scratching my head.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, I used to have all kinds of guns, but the .25 that I had, I had it in a `84 Toyota that we had when I lived in (inaudible) at the time, and somebody broke into it and stole it. They broke the windows, stole it, and cleaned out my car.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That was years ago?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The thing is, that I had gone shooting and I put all my stuff in an ice box, you know, because they had ice boxes back then in those cars. And they used it, somebody used it and robbed a Shell station and they got the guy, and they called me up and they told me that they found your gun, because I had to make a police report. But it was a .25, and I didn`t use it, because it had a little, one of those clips, and I couldn`t, every time I shot it, it hit my hand.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1304/29/ng.01.html

Me thinks ALV babbling on and on. As JSS said, if she cannot answer yes or no, than she should just say that.

Secondly, I think she lied on the stand. I'm pretty sure a time long ago, where Juan caught her in a lie?

He caught her lying on a few things, but would the judge care enough to let Juan question her in chambers and enough to where the judge said what Juan was asking her was justified and Juan saying she SHOULD be upset about what was uncovered. I don't know. What did she do?!? Lol.

Y

I don't think Arias has inspired paranoia. She has invoked revulsion. Arias can only be judged on what she has actually done. I agree on this. Arresting her probably saved several lives, as many here have speculated. She took a knife and a gun to slaughter Travis. She used both. Speculation on what she may have done if the gun hadn't jammed is interesting but she can only be judged on what she actually did.

I've watched programmes on Dr Stone. The difficulties in trying to compare and categorise 'evil' are apparent. We all have our own ideas on this. Arias is fascinating because she is a psychopath. Having the opportunity to watch one in action, for many months, under trial conditions, is unusual. It's a chilling glimpse into the thought processes behind a premeditated murderer. Her lies, arrogance and smug immaturity are just some of the layers that have drawn the public's astonishment. Arias hasn't killed again because she has been in the middle of a murder trial and is seeking freedom. I do not think she would be safe to realise, ever. Dr Stone would soon have more points to add to his scale, should that ever happen, in my opinion.

BBM

"Not even close."

No woman posted "in a deviant class of her own."

I did.

"Despite the actual facts"?

Here are the actual facts.

Twenty-nine stab wounds to an unsuspecting and unarmed naked man:

Wounds to his back in a cluster, sharp force trauma, tight wounds in rapid progression;
Wounds to the neck;
Wounds to the chest;
Wounds to the abdomen;
Wounds to the fingers and hand;
Wounds to the forearm;
Wounds to the leg, feet, and knee; and
Wounds to the head.

But those are only most of the stab wounds.

She also slit his throat and finished him off with a gunshot through the head as testified by the autopsy-performing medical expert.

Those are the facts.

"very run of the mill"?

I'd second guess your "experts".

"Experts"?

"Not even close."

The attempt to portray this extremely violent murderer as mediocre or not particularly evil requires the suppression and ignorance of facts.

So she hasn't yet killed again while awaiting sentence?

When your 'impatience' is rewarded, you read it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08