Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/22 thru 1/26 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She makes me sick...sitting there with a half smile on her moon face laughing and talking to her sister...gag me with a spoon...you can see where MJA could have developed into
the sick person she is. She absolutley knows what her daughter did and what a vile person she is and she pretends it is all not real..tucks it away somewhere dark and wears that stupid
necklace like it's some kind of badge...she is trying to put herself in an alternate universe.
YUCK!!:moo:

I have mixed feelings about the mother. I totally agree with your comments. But I also empathize with her a little. I think she may be there to show Jodi that there is one person on this earth that loves her deeply and unconditionally and wants to show that love while she watches her daughter's life come to an end. A mother is not able to stop loving her children, even though she may be horrified at their behaviors.

However....and this is a big however....the mother's behavior in court IS inappropriate...the necklace needs to go...the Facebook begfest was nauseating....her possible involvement in witness tampering was unethical....etc. etc. She may have been able to influence the jury favorably by adopting appropriate behaviors. The losers on the defense team either didn't coach her well or she refused to follow advice.

Is this the same letter she sent along with the 18 Iris's? I only ask because this was sent on July 28th, and she was already in jail. I thought I read about the about the Iris's in her journal??? (because TA loved that name) :frown:
I'm confused. How could she have written about the Iris's in her journal, BEFORE she was arrested? Was that injected in her journal after she killed him> :confused:

Sorry If this makes no sense, I sprang 3 of my fingers on my right hand and am tying with my left. I am not ambidextrous (or a murderer) like JA ~

I think we assumed it was sent with the irises because she sent her a note (that I hear mom mom never read) but the 18-page letter was sent from jail. They were two separate things. I thought she sent it at the same time too.

My thanks button is also gone.

I am a little confused. I recall a condolence letter sent to Travis' grandmother. Were there two separate additional letters sent to the family? Was the information about the date they became "official" in the same letter that described the ninjas attacking? TIA

I have mixed feelings about the mother. I totally agree with your comments. But I also empathize with her a little. I think she may be there to show Jodi that there is one person on this earth that loves her deeply and unconditionally and wants to show that love while she watches her daughter's life come to an end. A mother is not able to stop loving her children, even though she may be horrified at their behaviors.

However....and this is a big however....the mother's behavior in court IS inappropriate...the necklace needs to go...the Facebook begfest was nauseating....her possible involvement in witness tampering was unethical....etc. etc. She may have been able to influence the jury favorably by adopting appropriate behaviors. The losers on the defense team either didn't coach her well or she refused to follow advice.

The necklace could be a gift from one of her other children. One of my daughters gave me one about 3 years ago, and I never take it off. I don't even think about it as I get dressed every day. I don't think she is trying to make a statement. MOO ~

Thank you MeeBee, I have no TY button :smile:

I'll bet JA stole it :smile: and put it with the ring and camera in her stash.

Everything thanky has poofed.

Interrogations...don't see dates on the transcripts WS has. I skimmed through some. If the question comes up why she wrote that letter, her answer is going to be that she was pressured to do so during the interrogations, especially by the FO, who kept telling her that the family deserved to know what happened, in order to have closure.

Adding... her hints to LE about the journals are even less subtle than I remember. She was clearly directing LE to read them.

having regular difficulty posting; currently no thanks button; action taken: have logged out, cleared cookies, rebooted computer, logged in, refreshed, but no change. Can mods offer some assistance please.

Martinez asked if she went out of her way to contact Alexander's family after his death. She said she did contact them and confirmed that on June 13, 2008, she sent Alexander's grandmother flowers and a note saying that she was in her prayers.

"You felt badly for her," Martinez said.

"Yes," Arias replied.

Martinez then asked Arias if she sent a letter to Alexander's family on July 28, 2008, Travis Alexander's birthday. She confirmed that she had.

Afterward, Martinez played a video clip from an interview Arias gave to the CBS program "48 Hours" in August 2008. In the video, Arias said she wrote to Alexander's family members because they deserved answers.

Martinez noted the letter was 18 pages long. In it, Arias told Alexander's family that he was killed by unknown male and female intruders.

"So you lied to them, didn't you?" Martinez asked.

"Yes," Arias replied.
When the 48hrs interviewer asked JA what she wrote to the family, she replied "just something short and sweet". Martinez stops the tape and asks "the letter you sent was in fact 18 pages, was it not?" ..and she stated that it was. She's demented and her lies are easy to disprove.

ETA, the female officer didn't initially encourage jodi to write the letter, she was hell bent on writing the family and Flores said he would absolutely not provide her with their address and
she's like that's okay, I know his grandmas address. It was jodis idea initially, they simply provided her with the paper.

The whole copyright argument is stupid. The copyright protection is so that someone doesn't copy it and sell it for $100 to someone instead of the $250 it costs from the company who wrote it. (I'm using made-up numbers.) Copyright doesn't mean no one can SEE something. Libraries would be pretty bare if that was the case.

Heck for that matter, Jodi could have copyrighted her journal and maybe even her letter, and then the defense would argue at trial that none of it could be used - other than maybe what she chose in her defense. Think that would have flown?

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

Glad to hear I'm not the only one missing a thanks button. :) Anyway, I wanted to add that Jodi's journals ARE copyrighted. There is an automatic copyright that takes effect as soon as the expression of your thoughts is placed in written form. JA and TA's emails and texts are copyrighted, for that matter. The point of a formal copyright is that you get to sue for damages instead of just suing to force someone to stop copying your words.

But if copyrighted material is being copied (and yes, displaying it on jury monitors counts) because it is evidence in a murder trial rather than, e.g., so people can get a copy for free instead of paying the author, it is not illegal and perfectly fine and no one makes this ridiculous argument in court.

The female detective in Siskiyou County (Yreka) gave Jodi paper after she asked for some, and she started writing the letter to the family while she was sitting in that room by herself. When the detective came to take her to a cell, she asked if she could take that paper with her. Sending that letter took some nerve, knowing that she was the one who took Travis's life. Last night I watched the 15-minute memorial video with the music and pictures of Travis. Then I watched Stephen's and Samantha's victim impact statements from the 2013 trial. I honestly think the only way they will ever feel that justice is done is if Jodi is given the death penalty.

Now, read the next post, above. The one where she did throw the phone. Can I go to bed now? Lol.

I think one is the copyright stuff from Cathy and the other stuff was the Cha Cha twit pic. 2 different things at the same time, right after JA's pic was posted. Whew. What a day.

(Cathy might be in big trouble for the copyright stuff or whoever took those pics of the test during court today. JMO)

That's the same one who posted the pic of MM's post at the same time as she posted the first tweet about JM accidentally saying Witness 1's name. And now I remember what MDLR was trying to show the defense, the pics of the test that she also tweeted.

I think her name is going to be coming up in court soon. She really shouldn't be doing these things IMO.

MOO

When the 48hrs interviewer asked JA what she wrote to the family, she replied "just something short and sweet". Martinez stops the tape and asks "the letter you sent was in fact 18 pages, was it not?" ..and she stated that it was. She's demented and her lies are easy to disprove.

ETA, the female officer didn't initially encourage jodi to write the letter, she was hell bent on writing the family and Flores said he would absolutely not provide her with their address and
she's like that's okay, I know his grandmas address. It was jodis idea initially, they simply provided her with the paper.

You beat me to it! I was also going to mention that little comment about the letter being short! She is unbelievable.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one missing a thanks button. :) Anyway, I wanted to add that Jodi's journals ARE copyrighted. There is an automatic copyright that takes effect as soon as the expression of your thoughts is placed in written form. JA and TA's emails and texts are copyrighted, for that matter. The point of a formal copyright is that you get to sue for damages instead of just suing to force someone to stop copying your words.

But if copyrighted material is being copied (and yes, displaying it on jury monitors counts) because it is evidence in a murder trial rather than, e.g., so people can get a copy for free instead of paying the author, it is not illegal and perfectly fine and no one makes this ridiculous argument in court.

Thank you AZL!

I wonder if the defense argument about displaying the copyrighted test questions actually played out in court the same kind of way @WAT Tweets sometimes:
DT: Your honor, the defense blah blah blah copyright blah blah blah social media blah blah!
JSS: Whatev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member