Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, absolutely!!! And IF her family is NOT involved in this most horrendous, horrific crime, giving her back her name would bring them if not closure, at least resolution.

i wish they could solve her whole case because whoever did this to her was a fiend who should be locked away!

I thought i was imaging that they had exhumed our Doe in 2013. Posted the article because i feel just in the tiniest way that it could be related because of the torture/abuse. I could be completely off track. I have to read a little bit more about Fond du Lac Doe & look at the time frames. I've tried to search the internet to see if there are any published results since she was exhumed and cannot see anything (again, that could be my lack of googling skill)

Here are my posts from when she was exhumed. I have my profile settings set to show 100 posts per page on threads. It's so much easier with cases like this one. I have 6 pages vs what everyone else has

Body of Jane Doe exhumed, due for new analysis - October 16, 2013

RACINE CO. (WITI) — The body of an unidentified homicide victim discovered on the edge of a cornfield along 92nd St. in Racine County back in July 1999 was exhumed on Wednesday, October 16th. She was transported to the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner’s Office for analysis.

The Sheriff’s Office has been consulting with the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit, NCMEC & NamUs about exhuming her body. Scientific testing technology has advanced a lot since they found her. They feel they could get answers about her life in the weeks, months & years before she was murdered due to the new technology as well as helping to figure out who murdered her.

My link in post #418 doesn't work; here is the new URL -
Body of Jane Doe exhumed, due for new analysis

Could she finally be named? Police confident they can identify Jane Doe murdered 14 years ago using new technology - By Anna Edwards - PUBLISHED: 03:36 EST, 17 October 2013 | UPDATED: 03:37 EST, 17 October 2013

Body of murdered Jane Doe, who was found 1999, has been exhumed
Technology could tell authorities about her life in years leading to her death

Racine Jane Doe investigation continues with new leads
Posted on: 9:29 pm, October 25, 2013, by Ben Handelman, updated on: 10:25pm, October 25, 2013

Earlier in October, the body was exhumed and sent to Milwaukee where a forensic anthropologist has joined the case.

“Through the study of her bones, we can tell where she was born and was raised. We’re hoping based on that geographically where she is from, and her age group, we might be able to identify her,” said Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmeling.

A press conference two weeks ago also generated new leads.

“I’m not at liberty to discuss what that information is or where we are at with it, but I can tell you the last press conference did produce some tips,” said Schmeling.

Authorities will continue to work on the case in the hopes of providing closure to the woman’s unknown loved ones.

Karine looks like a good match. Was this ever submitted? I know Karine's profile states that her eyes are blue, and that LE has determined that Jane Doe's eyes were NOT blue, but Karine's eyes look dark in the photos to me. It is definitely possible that she was abducted or lured by someone who trafficked her into America through Canada, things went wrong and the perpetrators murdered her. :( this poor girl

I'm very much afraid that Karine couldn't possibly be a match for Racine John Doe :

http://www.avisderecherche.org/fiche.php?numero=35

http://sos-missing.skyrock.com/1910750207-Karine-LEDOUX.html

http://missingplanete.skyrock.com/1463118919-Karine-Ledoux-nee-en-1982.html

Ok. For all those here who do not master French, I'll summarize what is said on the above sites. Karine was quite tall (5'10"), had light blonde hair and very big blue eyes. She was suffering from unspecified personality disorders. She was studying in what I think is the equivalent of USA's high school (lycéenne en classe de 1ère), which is a bit strange for usually, at least here in the province of Québec, students at this level are between 14 and 16 years of age. She was studying medico-social sciences while at the same time doing an intership in a retirement home. It seems that the day prior to her disappearance, something happened that terribly upset her, and she left work early. The following morning, she left her home seemingly to resume her internship, but never got there. She was only wearing a blue t-shirt, white shorts and was barefoot.

So, considering her height as well as her hair and eyes color, I doubt very much, IMOVHO, that there is even a remote possibility that she might be RJD.

P.S. : I'm a French-speaking retired criminologist from Montréal, Québec, Canada, and as countless others here and elsewhere, this one particular case has been haunting me for years now... :(

Here are my posts from when she was exhumed. I have my profile settings set to show 100 posts per page on threads. It's so much easier with cases like this one. I have 6 pages vs what everyone else has

Does anyone here knows if there is news about the isotopes analysis' findings? Thank you in advance for your replies!

Hello to each and everyone! :)

I have been doing a bit of brainstorming, and here are some questions/issues I feel were never adressed here...or anywhere else for that matter.

1 - A poster here once suggested that RJD might have tried to pass herself as a man, and then would have been "punished" for that by her acquointances. But what IF she actually happened to be a lesbian, for instance? And NO, this remark is NOT homophobic, let alone meant as some kind of "insult" to her memory. I am a lesbian myself, and have been out of the closet for well over 35 years now (I'm close to 63), so I am NOT a self-hating gay woman, thank you very much! But I cannot help but wondering WHY this possibility was never seriously considered or seemingly had never occured to anyone.

2 - IF she was indeed a lesbian, the frightening possibility emerges that maybe, as she came out, her family decided to punish her for her "sin". It is also possible that yes, a bunch of homophobic inbred rednecks decided to make her "pay" for "that". It could also be that, IF that was the case, the way she dressed, walked, talked or whatever, made people BELIEVE she was gay, and thus some sadistic sociopaths decided to exact "righteous revenge" against her because being perceived as "sick", "abnormal", "a dangerous pervert", "deviant" or worse still even a "pedophile", etc.

3 - I also wonder WHY it is that so many people seem to consider that the clothes she was wearing when found were NOT hers. Many woman, whether they are heterosexual or not, just love to dress in men's clothes. So what gives?

4 - Another thing that struck me when I studied the morgue photo was that she SEEMED to have very large shoulders. Of course, that could be simply an illusion due to her shoulders being incredibly swollen as the result of the horrific beatings she's been subjected to. I was pondering this for often, women who happen to have such huge shoulders are the athletic kind, especially swimmers. If so, I consider this as another precious clue which could also help to identify her.

5 - I've read and re-read all the posts pertaining to RJD, and I confess I am confused. For instance...Had her face been beaten or not, and if so, to what extent? For I read on The Doe Network, The Charley Project, etc, that she was recognizable. Well...IF she was, it means that she was NOT battered about the face beyond recognition, so her facial features were reasonably intact, correct? So, IF the morgue photo was photoshopped, as some suggested, do we at least know FOR SURE which parts were, if any?

6 - To this very day, I remain reasonably sure that she was tortured to death in some remote location or secluded area. An isolated house, for instance, or even a truck or a van where a "torture chamber" was made by the perpetrator(s).

7 - Finally, it appears to me that most, if not all posters seem to believe that a man (or several men) are mostly responsible for her gruesome demise. But personally, I do NOT exclude the possibility (remember the Sylvia Liken's or Theresa Knorr's cases?) that a woman (or several women) did that to her. Yes, it is said that she was sexually assaulted, but there are MANY ways to sexually assault someone without having to be a man to do so. As much as sickening and repulsive this possibility is to me, I have no other choice than to envision it, alas!

Thank you in advance for your replies, and have a great day (it's almost 7:00 AM here)! :)

P.S. : Edited because I forgot to mention a few things.

Does anyone here knows if there is news about the isotopes analysis' findings? Thank you in advance for your replies!

Nothing was released IMO because it gave away too much info that LE did not want known since it's a murder investigation.

I believe only the eyes were photo shopped in.

Now i will probably sound rather silly. I've not really given any thought to who murdered her or even why. I have concentrated more on if she looks like someone listed as missing. I just want her to have her name back. The eyes photoshopped onto the morgue picture are creepy but the other drawings give more of a picture of how she could have looked going about her day. I also want to make sure i keep her near the front of the listings just in case in that one random moment someone who knows her, sees/reads about her.

Now i will probably sound rather silly. I've not really given any thought to who murdered her or even why. I have concentrated more on if she looks like someone listed as missing. I just want her to have her name back. The eyes photoshopped onto the morgue picture are creepy but the other drawings give more of a picture of how she could have looked going about her day. I also want to make sure i keep her near the front of the listings just in case in that one random moment someone who knows her, sees/reads about her.

Hello there dizzigirl1! :)

You most certainly are NOT silly. You and I are on the very same page. I spend countless hours comparing missing persons' descriptions to what we know about RDJ, and like you, I want to keep her on the front listings for the same reasons that you do so as well.

But I also know that often, by studying victomology, we can have a better idea of the type of person(s) who might have committed such a sadistic crime. It often happens that individuals are finally charged with a crime (or several) committed against a still missing or identified person, and it also happens that thanks to an arrest, an unidentied person finally gets her/his name back.

Thank you so much for your reply, and have a nice day! :)

Nothing was released IMO because it gave away too much info that LE did not want known since it's a murder investigation.

I believe only the eyes were photo shopped in.

Hi there, Roselvr! :)

Thank so so very much for your answer! I of course know that investigators have no choice but to keep certain things under wrap, but nonetheless I hope and pray that their findings (although isotope analysis is NOT an exact science) will help narrow down the search for her identity...and the name(s) of the perpetrator(s). She DESERVES to get her name back AND seeing the MONSTERS that subjected her to such unspeakable atrocities be found AND brought to JUSTICE!!!

Thank you as well for the precisions about the eyes having been photoshopped. For me, it means we can safely rely on the renditions of what she might have looked like while still alive.

I forgot something...Her eyes NEVER looked "creepy" to me. The first time I saw her morgue photo, what I saw was infinite sorrow and sadness...It was like part of her soul was still present. Like she was stunned to find herself dead. Like she was asking "What did I do to deserve this?". My heart breaks each and every time I look at her eyes...Haunting, absolutely and heart-wrenchingly haunting...

Case Info last modified: Nov 13, 2013 - Ruleouts

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Audrey Backeberg 1942 Wisconsin
Aundria Bowman 1974 Michigan
Tina D'Ambrosio 1961 Arizona
Judith ODonnell 1961 New York
Paige Renkoski 1960 Michigan
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Helen Stark 1921 Wisconsin
Karen Wells 1970 Pennsylvania
Amber Wilde 1979 Wisconsin

Karman Country and Western Mens Shirt circa 1984. Black sweatpants. No Shoes. Double piercings in ears. Healed scars on shins. "Cauliflower" right ear from possible recent injury. Protruding front teeth. Poor dental hygiene. Signs of potential long term dental neglect. Sun highlights in short curly & wavy brown hair. Possible cognitive disability.

Listed details from doe network to refresh my memory. Am wondering how you can tell if their is a cognitive disability in someone who is deceased. If the shirt was 15 years old in 1999 - it was in quite good shape. Is the brand of shirt a good brand? What sort of store would someone have purchased it in? I know it could have found its way into goodwill but it has me wondering. Sun highlights don't suggest someone locked away long term to me. I could be wrong. It was summer when she was found. Not sure what the climate is like, apologies. I wonder how long she had had double ear piercings. My mother would not have let me do that before i was 18 but that was the late 80's & Australia. Would be interesting to see what other people think. Just trying to look at everything again. :)

The sun highlights could be viewed as someone who was cared for, yet I tend to think they were put in her hair to alter her appearance.

Am wondering how you can tell if their is a cognitive disability in someone who is deceased.

It's been mentioned upthread that the low position of her ears could indicate a congenital syndrome, such as Turner or Down.

It's been mentioned upthread that the low position of her ears could indicate a congenital syndrome, such as Turner or Down.

Down's syndrome or Turner syndrome probably would have showed up in the DNA analysis.

I must have missed that comment upthread. I reread everything. When i was looking at cognitive disabilities i couldn't see anything that would suggest visible signs. I get sunlights in my hair from being outside quite a bit in summer. Wonder if she was a backpacker.

There are lots of farms in that area. Ive always felt this was some type of domestic/child abuse.

Anyone know if Sandy Pathresa Rea was ruled out for Racine Jane Doe? I understand there's a height difference but there's also a large span of time between the two incidents in which she could have grown a few inches. The similarities are a bit scary. Both had a deformity on the right ear. Both had double pierced ears, and to me, the facial resemblance is there. Has this potential match been looked at already?

http://www.nampn.org/cases/rea_sandy.html

You're right about the resemblance.

We've seen matches where the height was off by that much.

There's no mention of JD having an appendectomy scar.

Attachments

• Racine JD and Sandy Rea.png
    Racine JD and Sandy Rea.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 297
You're right about the resemblance.

We've seen matches where the height was off by that much.

There's no mention of JD having an appendectomy scar.

Hello there, carbuff! :)

Since Sandy was reported missing at 17, her growth process was almost at its end. IMHO, it is thus extremely doubtful that she could have gained 6" (she stood at 5'2" when she vanished) before she turned 18, that is about only 2 months after she disappeared. The human growth process really gets into high gears at puberty, and stops between ages 16 to 18. So, if you add this to the appendectomy scar, the freckles, the ears, etc., I believe that we can safely assume that Sandy is NOT RJD. But again, I want to stress that it is JMHO, and nothing else. :(

Have a great day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member