Steve Thomas Speaks

Hey J2! nice to see you over here. But I and some of the real analysts disagree about the match is good for Patsy.

"I must be getting old. I don't remember Chet Ubowski saying that about the writing. Do you remember where you saw that? TIA"

Sure do!

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/ram1014k.htm

In it, Ubowski says this:

"This handwriting showed indications that the writer was Patsy Ramsey.'' Ubowski told investigators that the samples she gave "do not suggest the full range of her handwriting.''

On a Fox News report 12/26/2002:

"Many forensic document examiners have given their opinions as to who wrote the note. But the only one to testify before a grand jury in the case was Chet Ubowski, forensic document examiner for the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Out of 100 people he analyzed for the Boulder Police Department, he found ONLY ONE person whom he thought may have authored the document, Patsy Ramsey. Investigative sources tell Fox News that the disguised letters and bleeding ink from the felt tipped pen used to write the note kept him from 100 percent ID of Mrs. Ramsey."

But, you raise a good point. Let's think this through:

The ransom note has been profiled by the best in the field. Clint Van Zandt, Roger DePue, etc, and they all came up with this:

...A white female
...Age 35-45 years
...Average or slightly above average intellectually.
...A loner and acted alone in murder
...Domineering
...Aggressive and controlling with masculine demeanor.
...overconfident with an air of superiority.
...Neatly groomed, slightly overweight with hair short or frequently tied up.
...High birth order with several siblings; highly educated parents.
...History of bi-polar disorder or other mental illness.
...Drawn to excitement-oriented or thrill seeker hobbies, including books and movies.
...Has experienced stress or crisis in job or relationship, and may have been seen expressing anger prior to murder.
...Has a well established history of drug abuse, Used alcohol and/or drugs before and during the murder with increased use afterwards (fits Patsy perfectly concerning the drug use).
...Stays in touch with investigation

Okay, so that narrows it down. Now, the phraseology, the word usage, the little sayings, the family in-jokes, and all of that say it was either one of the family members or someone very very close to them. That narrows it more.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, this "4 out of 5" ranking for her is legit. Even if it is, everyone else they tested were completely eliminated. Plus, her own mother said it looked like her writing.

Ergo, to paraphrase Holmes: Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the truth.

Savvy?

I will give you that PR wrote the note, but I will not put PR at the top of the list for striking her biggest reason for living and getting up every day to play with her toy daugher, dress up just like mommy etc, alive and getting such notorious attention for HER beautiful child.

She did not earn the 118,000 bonus nor drive a company up to large sales volume, her husband did. PR loved 'that child', JonBenet was her 'thing'.

I see PR writing the note to cover for a family member.

Will I live long enough to see 'the' killer kill again, confess or be found out, I donut know.

Camper said:
--->>>YOU HAVE to hear Mr. Merricks story, a must!

Here is my link that works for me, BUT I am a registered listener which you have to be to get into Peters stuff, but check it out and see IF it will work for you.

http://www.khow.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=fullshow_boyles.xml

Register and listen it is worth it every day to hear all the inside info on the case. Peter has the governors ear!

That was very interesting. Thanks Camper. I'm going back to listen to it again.

Camper said:
I will give you that PR wrote the note, but I will not put PR at the top of the list for striking her biggest reason for living and getting up every day to play with her toy daugher, dress up just like mommy etc, alive and getting such notorious attention for HER beautiful child.
But Patsy would no longer be able to do this since JonBenet was now in school full-time.

-Tea

Camper said:

She did not earn the 118,000 bonus nor drive a company up to large sales volume, her husband did. PR loved 'that child', JonBenet was her 'thing'.

I see PR writing the note to cover for a family member.

Will I live long enough to see 'the' killer kill again, confess or be found out, I donut know.
But even the most precious toy daughters can make their mothers fly into a rage by pushing their buttons at the wrong time. And before Patsy had realized what she had done (struck JB in a rage so hard that she fell into a coma), it was already too late.
Patsy may have worshipped the ground JB walked on, and still this could have happened imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back