WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
wannabesleuthkk said:
my point is this, CCM, i've got a nice Macanudo in my drawer that i will fire up when you ID Lyle.
and I'll raise a cold mug of O'Douls.
off to work
kk
It's a deal.

outofthedark said:
Do you have a link??

I can find it real quick. It was about 4 lines with the full face photo, and theprint was so tiny I couldn't even read it with my glasses!

Be back

i've yet to really jump on the montesano case as my OCD nature won't let me let go off a little tidbit that's buggin the crap outa me. i can't find jack on jack. nothing. Eddie hob. jr's obit also mentioned a dtr Carolyn Charles. i'm thinking they may have been 'taken in' adopted by the Hobs. This happened in my fam in the CW. suddenly there were two new children listed in household that had surnames of cousins. THe father was killed in action adn the mother died in childbirth so my ggggfather took em in. THis could have happened here. and i think the Carolyn was the mother of Davina whose obit i found also.
it's just frustrating not finding any other mention of Jack Charles. Like i said, there was one in Vancouver but searches are fruitless. OOD, can you handle a little searching in that area? mainland and island, news clips, obits, missing persons yada yada. i found the news outlets hard to search. maybe you know a trick i don't. CCM? anychance of adding Jack Charles to the list for tomorrow. even a DMV check. If he's on anything later than 2001 at least i can cross him off.
thanks,
kk

wannabesleuthkk said:
it's just frustrating not finding any other mention of Jack Charles. Like i said, there was one in Vancouver but searches are fruitless. OOD, can you handle a little searching in that area? mainland and island, news clips, obits, missing persons yada yada. i found the news outlets hard to search. maybe you know a trick i don't. CCM? anychance of adding Jack Charles to the list for tomorrow. even a DMV check. If he's on anything later than 2001 at least i can cross him off.
thanks,
kk
Okie doke

love it love it!
I'm so glad to see the Doe network update.
in looking again at his image, i noticed the redness at the corners of mouth. This may be due to the manner of death. So maybe, I could imagine his lips appearing a little thinner if you take out the redness of the skin?
what do ya'll think.

kk

the only other thing i've determined is that the Jack Charles i found that was boat captain is still alive and well in Vancouver.
I'd still like to know who the Jack charles was mentioned in Eddie Hobucket's obit. tho
so to OODles, don't bother with the Vancouver search of Jack Charles, i Found him. He skippers the MV Hotei. i think it's in bayshore marina if you're near there go peak. What a nice boat! :crazy: But maybe check listings for Hobuckets. If some migrated up there, then they may have picked up more canadian accent then the rest of clan in Taholah.
so this is me hurrying up and waiting.
i dont do it well.
guess we'll see what today brings with CCM's trip to town and hopefully his lady friend that's gonna take Lyle's new photo to tribes will come up with something. I know today is gonna be a weird one. my son never changed his clock so we were late for school. Then my good girlfriend called to say she was leaving her hubby and could she stay here? and then my other neighbor dropped off her preschooler to watch while she goes to DUI school. You can't write this sh**.
I'm used to it. i attract weirdness.
kk :crazy:

Hi All,
Im new to the group, here.

Has anyone actually read "You Must Remember This?"
Isn't the suicidal character of Lyle consumed with guilt over an incestuious incident?
Could it be that the "Real Lyle" was troubled over the same type situation, or molestation?
Obviously, he wasn't reported as a molestor, or else his prints would have been on record.
Could he have confessed to his family before he died, and that's why they've not wanted to claim him?

Could anyone shed light on the details of the book?

David

I heard from Lisa Hall at the Quinault Nation. She circulated the photo with no luck. She says Anthony Hobucket is alive and well, and that Lyle doesn't look like the Houckets she knows. Lisa is going to pass the photos along to the surrounding areas.

efxdavid said:
Hi All,
Im new to the group, here.

Has anyone actually read "You Must Remember This?"
Isn't the suicidal character of Lyle consumed with guilt over an incestuious incident?
Could it be that the "Real Lyle" was troubled over the same type situation, or molestation?
Obviously, he wasn't reported as a molestor, or else his prints would have been on record.
Could he have confessed to his family before he died, and that's why they've not wanted to claim him?

Could anyone shed light on the details of the book?

David
I confess I didn't read the book, but I asked my wife to. I believe your assessment of the book is correct. My theory is "Lyle" read the book, and somehow associated himself with Lyles character. Whether He was a victim of molestation or a molester may have been a factor in the suicide.

Thanks CCM. One more avenue crossed off the list. now we know. Being that she's more familiar with the tribes she'd naturally be more familiar with the subtle facial features. Unfortunately, I guess ' they all look alot alike to us "
and Lisa would instantly recognize that he doesn't look as much like the Hobs as we all thought. Nodomene?
SO..
Did she give an opinion on whether he even looked Quileute. Cause if she can ID his probably tribe relation, you'd know what i'd do with that. What else did she say? do tell
I was hoping she'd give a little more about the hypothetical of his family knowing he killed himself and how that would be delt with among the tribe. Or them learning of it this way now. Would they look at him and say NO, i don't know him no matter what? I had an interesting converation with a member of the blackfoot tribe that lives in Marietta GA where i went to school. He runs the local POW WOWs. I asked him the delicate question of suicide?
enlightening. after he got done venting about George W he said it'd be like hitting a brick wall if you went and ask them about it directly. He still has to jump thru hoops when contacting a tribe say out in OK. Sometimes no one will even return his calls and he's from a Nevada Tribe. Half blackfoot.
MY point? us non natives don't stand a chance in inquiring directly. CCM's got the only leg up there, as it's still police business so to speak. well, hear we sit. Tell ya what, i'm glad i didn't throw away the number for that lady up at U of WA or WSU (?) that's a forensic anthropolgist specializing in NA history.
ALSO, just remembered, saw a software program somewhere that can do that for ya. dangit i'll go find it.
gotta run back in a few
Welcome David
start reading.
look forward to your input.
I ordered a copy of JCO's book re Lyle Stevik. BooksaMil will have it this week.
gotta go.
kk

I have always tried to keep a good working relationship with the Quinault Nation. There have been times we have worked together on cases, and I am sensitive to their traditions and beliefs. I strongly believe that if Lyle was one of their members, they would tell me, regardless of the circumstances of his death. They would not leave him in an unmarked grave forgotten.

They're proud, not spiteful.
Well i meant what i said before. WHEN you ID Lyle, i'll be handin out cigars.
Is it legal to mail them? I might just send ya'll one.
well, i'll sorta let this sit then for awhile. until another bell goes off. The military lead was the only other theory we really coudn't address, huh?
Oh well, I'll see about searching for "facial recognition" + forensics or software.
see what happens.
for now i'll go see about Elma.
I promised my son a movie today. Must run off to see stupidest movie released this week. Yea me. I hope it's "open Season" personally.
ta ta
kk

cpm

Must run off to see stupidest movie released this week
I know how you feel- I had to see the second installment of The Santa Claus w/ Tim Allen instead of the Harry Potter movie they had at theatres at the time because my two cousins had already seen Harry Potter. I thought the Santa Claus movie was a little stupid, but Harry Potter rocked

coldcaseman said:
I have always tried to keep a good working relationship with the Quinault Nation. There have been times we have worked together on cases, and I am sensitive to their traditions and beliefs. I strongly believe that if Lyle was one of their members, they would tell me, regardless of the circumstances of his death. They would not leave him in an unmarked grave forgotten.
If he were native american, does anyone know of any type would there be any sort of purification ritual/s involving fasting that one might be doing prior to death that would cause weight loss such as has been theorized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa