The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a few days and come back and WOW! Great job so far! I'm so glad that we have an updated pic of Princess Blue. Tonight when I get home I'll start pouring through the missing list for years before her body was found to see if perhaps a pic matches.

Hi Jaded! Nice to see you. Also, she is now listed as White, with no TOD, and no weight. We can expand our search parameters in those areas. Eventually if we find nothing in TX, We may need to search surrounding states, too.

Note: Do you think we should include this pic in the rest of our emails? We could explain that Princess Blue may be related to the original owner and therefore may or may not resemble Princess' pic.

Lion

Our Princess Blue was more likely 5' tall in life---unless one of several mistakes led to the range given of 4' 10" to 5' 2". Geesh, my brain is fried. I feel like I am back in Pre-Vet. I have been researching the medical/craniofacial anthropometry/forensics so much that I am dreaming in my sleep about it. They are sooooome funky dreams, too:eek:.

Lion
Aha! Thanks for the compliment but that is my M-I-L's house. Last easter. I have new ones with my house from this easter I'll post later.

That's ok, the other nite I was talking in my sleep about bread dough. I dreamed my easter breads were rising all over the place and hubby had to shut the oven off before they exploded out of their bowls. :loser: This was the day after easter. scary- I believed my own dream.

Update: I just sent out another email with all of our questions on it. I made sure it was organized and to the point for easy, quick reading. I will keep you guys updated on what comes of it.

Lion

You guys are down right amazing. You don't get the credit you deserve, but you just keep on keeping on. I don't think it's coincidence that websleuths started working this one and now there is a sketch of Princess Blue.

Hi Lion,

I think we did link post 1 with post 23 due to the article on Princess Blue. The "Ring is Top Clue" article. Looks like the TX site updated their site with a sketch of Princess Blue as well as new description of her.

ETA: The last time we checked the info on the TX site there was just the picture of the rings and also the side view (back on the 5th and maybe earlier) of the HS ring.

Isn't the sketch of Princess Blue beautiful?

04-05-2007, 05:33 PM
RKnowley

MrsG,
Have you seen this view of the ring? One is the view we have all seen and the other is a side of (well one side anyhow) of the ring.

You can see the images here:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...sp?id=U0310014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsG728 Also, something about the ring company- Balfour and Jostens do a lot of rings, and I know they don't always keep records that far back. However, if we can just get a closer look at the sides of the ring.... since this picture has been posted, I've flipped my monitor over to look at the picture to see if we could see the emblems on the sides of the ring. NOTHING. How can we get in touch with LE to ask them to describe it for us? You'd think they'd be even more specific, considering that there are 2-3 articles on this case and it's fairly open to the public (even if the ring only says "the Lancets" and "1975" on the sides) Do we know this yet? :waitasec:

MG

Please see what I wrote in red. What do you think?

Lion

You guys are down right amazing. You don't get the credit you deserve, but you just keep on keeping on. I don't think it's coincidence that websleuths started working this one and now there is a sketch of Princess Blue.

thank you. I am glad you noticed this too ;)

Please feel free to join us in our search for this UID!

MG

Hey MrsG...are you here? I am sorry I didn't respond to your message at gmail spreadsheet. I wasn't there :( I am usually doing a gazillion things and have more windows open than I should and only check into things from time to time..again, I'm sorry.

What about this girl? I know she went missing in 1985 but she may have been held (or there willingly) for a couple of years.

Name: Angelica Maria Gandara
Case Number: A8601009
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Temple (Bell County)
Last Seen on: 7/14/1985
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 85 lbs.
Age Missing: 11
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 2/5/1974
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Angelica was last seen wearing a black and white short sleeve pullover shirt, black shorts, white socks and white tennis shoes. Angelica was allegedly last seen in a pickup with a white male and white female. The pickup's hood, front fender and bed were red and white in color; the doors were blue and white; and the top was white. The pickup was dented, dirty and "junky" looking.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/11/20013:10:00PM'

Yesterday as I was getting ready for work I was thinking about Princess Blue, and how she didn't have a facial reconstruction. My plan for my day off today was to see about having one done. Imagine my surprise when I come here to find one has already been done! This is awesome. I just posted the recon to PB's MySpace, and I'm going to post a bulletin announcing the update. I did have one small problem though... In Lion's post (#414) it shows another recon of PB with short hair, and on the TMPCH it says she's depicted with short and long hair, but the only picture I can pull up from the clearing house is the one of PB with long hair. If anyone can post the other pic here, or e-mail it to me, It'd be much appreciated.

Sable, I was just sitting here wondering the same thing about the pics.

I did have one small problem though... In Lion's post (#414) it shows another recon of PB with short hair, and on the TMPCH it says she's depicted with short and long hair, but the only picture I can pull up from the clearing house is the one of PB with long hair. If anyone can post the other pic here, or e-mail it to me, It'd be much appreciated.

Hello all- I'm VERY new to this kind of computer interacting, so bear with me. I would first like to say WOW!!! to all of you who obviously have so much willingness to give of yourselves and your time to work on these cases. They are certainly intriguing. You have big hearts!

Secondly, I think I can be of use for some helpful info. to you guys. I've only been reading for a short while here and I can't stand anymore for you guys to be wondering about things that I can answer. Or worse yet, to be spending valueable time in directions that are unnecessary.
I'm very glad people are latching on to cold cases as of late. And that includes law enforcement (you call it LE, right?) Many old cases are getting a fresh look because funding has been approved, new resources have been allocated, and LE are working in conjunction. Maybe I can answer some of your questions, but I know for sure that I can clarify some things. Let me see if I am working this correctly (forum) and I'll be back.

me175.jpg

5'2", about 175-178lbs. Just so y ou have someone to compare it to.

MG

You carry it very well!!!! Nice picture. I am glad that they have a composite, but how were they able to make it if the skull had no soft tissue?

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]"As with the three-dimensional technique, the two-dimensional reconstruction is used when unidentified skeletal remains are found. The two-dimensional reconstruction process is initiated by utilizing the same data as used for the Three-dimensional clay reconstruction. The process begins by gluing on the proper tissue markers in the proper pre-determined locations. The skull is then placed on a stand in the Frankfort Horizontal position. The skull is photographed; profile and frontal views, at a 1:1 scale, with a ruler positioned aside of the skull. The photos are then enlarged to life size dimension. The frontal and profile photos are then taped, in the Frankfort Horizontal position, directly aside one another, to two separate flat wood boards. Upon completion of the above process, transparent natural vellum sheets are taped directly over the printed photographs. Sketching begins, where the artist follows the contours of the skull, along with using the tissue markers as guidelines. Measurements for the mouth, nose, and eyes, is the same for the Two-dimensional process as it is with the Three-dimensional process. Hair type and style is determined by samples found on the scene by investigators, or by estimation determined by victim’s race, gender, and/or ethnic background. Information provided by the Forensic Anthropologist and other professionals is utilized. All procedures are documented and working notes collected. This method has also been tried and proved over the years. Benefits of this method over the clay reconstruction are cost, and the time it takes to complete the reconstruction"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Quoted from http://www.forensicartist.com/reconstruction.html[/FONT]

Possible?

Name: Shelley Kathleen Sikes
Case Number: M8606005
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Galveston (Galveston County)
Last Seen on: 5/24/1986
Height: 4' 11" Weight: 90 lbs.
Age Missing: 19
Date of Birth: 9/2/1966
Circumstances: Shelley is very petite in stature and was known to have made most of her clothing. She has a 1/2 inch long by 3/4 wide scar on her right knee and is unable to bend her right index finger.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M9/27/20013:54:20PM'

Hey MrsG...are you here? I am sorry I didn't respond to your message at gmail spreadsheet. I wasn't there :( I am usually doing a gazillion things and have more windows open than I should and only check into things from time to time..again, I'm sorry.

Hey no need to apologize. :) I had enough windows open to crash both my internal and external HD. Believe me, I did.

MG

I've kept some notes so hopefully I can get to all the different points and put some of your minds at ease, at least about some of the questions. Okay, first, PB was discovered in Manvel Tx, as you know, which is in BRAZORIA county as you also know (but not Brazilia or Brazos, as I have seen). So Manvel PD is currently the lead, but that doesn't mean that Brazoria County Sheriff's Office won't assist in the investigation. Co-mingling of resources, esp. in more rural areas, which much of TX still is, is quite common. Sgt. Coffman is the lead, but he is also involved in many other investigations, so your understanding of that is appreciated. (I think there was a "cops are as slow as molasses" comment from someone.) There are several other persons involved in this case as it does seem to have some good leads. The request for a facial reproduction of PB came months ago, from LE, but the process takes a little time. (The investigators are in one place, the bones in another, the artist in another...etc.)

Possible?

Name: Shelley Kathleen Sikes
Case Number: M8606005
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Galveston (Galveston County)
Last Seen on: 5/24/1986
Height: 4' 11" Weight: 90 lbs.
Age Missing: 19
Date of Birth: 9/2/1966
Circumstances: Shelley is very petite in stature and was known to have made most of her clothing. She has a 1/2 inch long by 3/4 wide scar on her right knee and is unable to bend her right index finger.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M9/27/20013:54:20PM'

That seems like a pretty good match! Do we have, or can we get a list of people who have already been ruled out so that we don't have to get our hopes up?

Hey MrsG,
I was going to ask you if the % signs on the spreadsheet next to a name are the ones you are most interested in seeing? Such as does %%% mean you are most interested in that one or? One of the ones who had 3 % signs by their name was born in Sept (Blue birthstone)

Hey no need to apologize. :) I had enough windows open to crash both my internal and external HD. Believe me, I did.

MG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members